User Reviews for Zithromax

Learn more about Zithromax.

Zithromax review summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 364 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Zithromax to treat Sinusitis

Review by jenbro: User Rating:

Many many sinus infections over the years. This knocks it out in 3 days compared to 10.

February 6, 2014 11:45 AM
Review by andreamarie2012: User Rating:

I am one of the few that have not had a good experience. High anxiety because my heart won't slow down, bad headache, little nausea, and loose stool. I'm going tomorrow to get different antibiotics.

March 5, 2013 1:57 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

After suffering from a cold for 8 days, I woke up with extreme pressure in my sinuses and couldn't hear due to my ears being clogged. I was prescribed the 3 day Zithromax and after one day felt sooo much better. The pressure went away and I had a slightly runny nose. One the second day I could breathe without using decongestants. I haven't had any side effects, but maybe a slight pang in my stomache when taking (I usually eat something right after taking). I'm usually resistant to going to the dr. but very glad I did this time.

October 13, 2012 8:10 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have had this sinus infection for 5 days. Went to the doctors yesterday the doctor prescribed me Zithromax. The side effects with me are stomach cramps, diarrhea, bloody nose and dizziness. But it seems to be working so far. Lets hope that by time the bottle is finished I feel like myself again.

September 9, 2011 9:27 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Z-Pak was given to me during a walk-in-care visit. 7 days after starting, my condition has not improved. I experienced several side effects, including nausea, diarrhea, fever, sweating, and more. The worst of all is the loss of appetite caused by the medication. I have only had about 2 days worth of meals in the last five and still cannot stomach a full meal.

August 12, 2011 7:54 PM
Review by Spidero: User Rating:

I've used Zithromax 6-Paks for years to treat chronic sinus infections. They always work and have virtually no side effects for me. I have noticed that I need to take the treatment twice for a persistent sinus infection. Usually, one treatment does it. Azithromycin is the ONLY antibiotic that does NOT give me terrible side effects such as stomach aches, cramps, headaches, dizziness, "brain fog".

April 7, 2010 8:13 PM
Review by .......: User Rating:

I used this for every infection, now the sad part is I am resistant. I used the whole 5 day dose, felt a lot better, then the infection came back a week later.

January 10, 2010 10:58 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I personally believe The Z-Pak should be the #1 Drug Prescribed on the Market if you need to maintain your Health FAST & be yourself again. I seem to be prone to Strep Throat, Severe Sinustitis & Resp. Infections in the Fall & Winter. A couple of years ago I was 'Due to have Surgery in 6 Days' and was told "if I was sick I would have to Postpone it". Well after waiting a month for this Surgery, planning a Home & Dog Sitter & Time off from work 'working it in with everyone else's Schedules, to me it was Imperative I be well enough 4 all to go as planned'. "5 day Z-Pac was prescribed". It is a no nonsense drug and I can not think of a single side effect. I was well enough for surgery to go on as planned.

November 19, 2009 7:33 AM
Review by sinusitis sufferer: User Rating:

I get sinusitis several times a year. The old-fashioned 5-day Z-packs used to work really well for me. They still do "knock down" the worst of it (I carry a filled prescription from my doctor when I'm traveling on business) ... but in the past several years I've noticed that sometimes the sinusitis will rebound in a couple of weeks and I end up having to take a different type of antibiotic. Unfortunately, those secondary antibiotics tend to get to me -- queasy stomach, the "taste" of the medicine even hours later. None of that with Zithromax. The only time I had a bad experience with Zithromax side effects was the three-day pack.

November 5, 2009 12:10 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I am taking it for my sinus infection. I am feeling better as far as my sinuses go. But I have had diarrhea 5 times today.

October 12, 2009 11:09 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I was prescribed Zithromax for an upper respiratory infection and I did not have such a good experience. The first day I had really bad diarrhea. I couldn't even leave the house. The 2nd day I was overwhelmed with nausea. I took the pill with food and still felt sick to my stomach the entire day and night. Today I have decided the terrible side effects are not worth it, and I'm not going to take the rest of my prescription.

August 27, 2009 5:29 PM
Review by thank you!!: User Rating:

This medicine is very good for my sinus, I feel very well now.

July 18, 2009 7:54 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have used a Z-Pak several times. I love that it helps clear up whatever bacteria is causing my illness. I don't love each consecutive time that I take it, the side effects are more pronounced.

May 20, 2009 4:08 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I started the pack on Sunday and experienced diarrhea and mild itchiness. I'm on my last day and I'm feeling really good. This medicine seemed to work very well. I was hesitant at first, but it seems to clear things up very well.

April 30, 2009 3:24 PM
Review by Clemet: User Rating:

After years of suffering a one nostril clog. I was recently prescribed a 5 day 250MG dosage of Zithromax. I had zero side effects and it although it didn't totally clear my sinus infection it cleared it enough for me to know it was absolutely effective and on the right path. I can now get lengthy periods of use out of my other nostril and that's better than I've had in 10 years.

January 19, 2009 4:13 PM
Review by rags66: User Rating:

The only antibiotic that ALWAYS works on my recurring sinus infections. Easy on the stomach also.

November 13, 2008 4:06 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

After I take the first dose (2 pills) within 8 to 10 hours I feel 50% better. It usually does not take more then 4 days to be well. This is a great medication for sinusitis.

September 18, 2008 2:48 PM

Worked well.

June 10, 2008 5:32 PM
Review by grits91919: User Rating:

I have just started taking the z-pack a few days ago and am already starting to feel A LOT better! I have sinusitus, an ear ache that was caused by a middle ear infection and so far, the pains are a lot more tolerant! THANK YOU Z-PACK!!

April 10, 2008 1:42 PM

Learn more about Sinusitis

Severe allergies and anaphylaxis: Learn how epinephrine can save a life. Watch Video