User Reviews for Zithromax

Learn more about Zithromax.

Zithromax Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 138 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Zithromax to treat Bronchitis

"I had the most horrible case of a bronchial infection. I was sick for almost a week. I went to the doctor, I was prescribed a 250mg Z-pack. I began to feel better on the second day, which is where I am now. I am beginning to cough up some phlegm that was making my chest feels so very tight.so far I am not experiencing any side effects. I do take it during a midday snack. I have rated it a 10 so far based on my personal experience. I just hope it clears this completely up."

Amberlee M (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

"I went to the ER after I coughed up blood a few times thru the day, and I was diagnosed with acute bronchitis. I was prescribed the zpack 5 day regimen. After a couple of days I began feeling a little better, but by the 5th or 6th day, I felt worse. I had severe nausea and became anorexic to the point that I lost 14 pounds. It took about another 4-5 days until I could eat more than a bite or so of food at any sitting. It's been around a month and a half since this happened, and I'm still having issues with my appetite and weight. I'm still down the 14 lbs, and my energy flags easily. I'll never EVER take that med again due to such an experience. I've had fine success with other antibiotics, without them being this hard on my gut."

Piggaboo (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2015

"This stuff starts working on Day One. Within a couple hours of taking it, I already feel like the congestion has halted and just needs to clear up. Make sure to take the whole pack, but all three times I've ever had bronchitis sneak in during a cold, Zithromax knocks it right out. No side effects for me."

Alcor (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2015

"I suffere from asthma and would frequently come down with bronchitis. This Zithromax is a lifesaver. I love how it helps me get over it quickly and I am on my feet again within the week. Best prescription ever."

ShawnieMichael (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2014

"The only medicine that works on my bronchitis I've tried others and suffered more. For me it starts working in 2 days. No side effects for me just relief. I love it. But I really need to quit smoking. I wouldn't get it so often, get it at least 2 times a year."

Renee rap November 19, 2013

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Got a regular head cold about a week ago. The cold is better but the cough got much worse - so violent I can't talk. Went to Urgent Care - they gave me Lortab for coughing, a Z-pack & an inhaler. It's been 2 hours and I am already feeling an improvement. This is the second time in 2 years that this happens to me. I only wish that I could prescribe it to myself at the onset next time instead of trying every other medicine!"

Bronchitis sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2013

"I came down with Bronchitis and was prescribed Zithromax. I was prone to ear infections when I was younger and was always prescribed this because I was allergic to penicillin. I had no side effects then, but now I have bad stomach cramps and diarrhea."

Anonymous August 5, 2012

"This medicine worked the first time on me with no problems. The second time I used this I had a severe reaction which caused very low blood pressure, I could not feel my pulse, in which I had to go to a Dr. I now am allergic to this medicine. This medication works very well if you can use it. It works very fast."

jas1959 April 20, 2012

"Zithromax works. I see a lot of websites stating that bronchitis is usually caused by a virus. The fact is, that although the triggering mechanism that brought on the bronchitis may be a virus, a secondary infection of bacteria is common. My entire family had bronchitis for several weeks. Zithromax will get rid of it in most cases. Don't believe the nonsense that you don't need antibiotics- after a couple of weeks of this, go get some Zithromax. It works!"

Anonymous January 30, 2012

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I took a full course of the 250mg 5 day pack with no ill effects except for a metallic taste in my mouth but then the bronchitis came back, so was prescribed the 500mg 3 day course. On day two, I got severe stomach cramps, diarrhea, and vomiting. I am not going to take the final dose, because although the bronchitis is better, I can't deal with the intense stomach discomfort."

Anonymous January 15, 2011

"I was given 2 tablets the first day followed by 1 tablet for the next four days. I was coughing so hard I could not get out of bed. The only thing it did for me, now on day 10, is it eased up the cough so that I did not lose my breath and vomit phlegm but I just called the doctor again today because I am still coughing up very thick Phlegm. It helped but it did not work that great at all. Now the Doctor is calling in Tessalon pearls. We will see if that works."

Anonymous October 18, 2010

"My bronchitis was so severe that the only way I would be able to board my flight to South America in 3 days was with the z-pack. I took 2 pills right at the doctor's office and headed back to the office. I was in complete disbelief when within 3 hours of taking the first 2 pills my overall condition had improved tremendously. I am glad that I didn't experience any adverse symptoms while on it, but I know of some people that unfortunately are not able to take this medication."

Anonymous October 5, 2010

"I'm on the 3rd day of the 5-day treatment (2 pills on day 1 and 1 pill each of the next 4 days) and have had no bad side effects when taking this medication. My bronchitis finally seems to be clearing up and I'm pleased with this medication."

Anonymous November 9, 2009

"For about 10 days now, I had a VERY bad cough, and severe congestion in my lungs (coughed SO much till I thought I were going to actually break a rib )...went to my local emergency room, where the attending doctor sent me home with a 'Z Pack' (5 day regimen of the Zithromax, PLUS a bottle of GUAIFENSIN cough syrup). I'm now on my third day of these antibiotics and am not, thankfully, coughing as much as I did."

Auld1957 October 23, 2009

"While taking this medication I developed severe diarrhea. Stopped medication and it went away."

Vhuyth August 31, 2009

"I have found that when I get bronchitis Z-pak is the only thing that helps knock it out of me. Within a few days I feel much better."

Gracie51 April 10, 2009

"Gets rid of it quickly, but it can cause stomach cramps."

Anonymous January 27, 2009

"The Z-Pak took away all of my symptoms. It feels great not to have to cough all the time now."

Anonymous October 20, 2008

"This medicine clears up bronchitis quickly and I give it two thumbs up."

No More Coughing June 27, 2008

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Bronchitis