User Reviews for Zithromax

Learn more about Zithromax.

Zithromax review summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 136 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Zithromax to treat Bronchitis

Review by Renee rap:

The only medicine that works on my bronchitis I've tried others and suffered more. For me it starts working in 2 days. No side effects for me just relief. I love it. But I really need to quit smoking. I wouldn't get it so often, get it at least 2 times a year.

November 19, 2013 7:55 AM

Review by Bronchitis sufferer (taken for less than 1 month):

Got a regular head cold about a week ago. The cold is better but the cough got much worse - so violent I can't talk. Went to Urgent Care - they gave me Lortab for coughing, a Z-pack & an inhaler. It's been 2 hours and I am already feeling an improvement. This is the second time in 2 years that this happens to me. I only wish that I could prescribe it to myself at the onset next time instead of trying every other medicine!

September 14, 2013 5:51 PM

I came down with Bronchitis and was prescribed Zithromax. I was prone to ear infections when I was younger and was always prescribed this because I was allergic to penicillin. I had no side effects then, but now I have bad stomach cramps and diarrhea.

August 5, 2012 8:05 PM

Review by jas1959:

This medicine worked the first time on me with no problems. The second time I used this I had a severe reaction which caused very low blood pressure, I could not feel my pulse, in which I had to go to a Dr. I now am allergic to this medicine. This medication works very well if you can use it. It works very fast.

April 20, 2012 1:32 PM

Zithromax works. I see a lot of websites stating that bronchitis is usually caused by a virus. The fact is, that although the triggering mechanism that brought on the bronchitis may be a virus, a secondary infection of bacteria is common. My entire family had bronchitis for several weeks. Zithromax will get rid of it in most cases. Don't believe the nonsense that you don't need antibiotics- after a couple of weeks of this, go get some Zithromax. It works!

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2012 3:56 PM

I took a full course of the 250mg 5 day pack with no ill effects except for a metallic taste in my mouth but then the bronchitis came back, so was prescribed the 500mg 3 day course. On day two, I got severe stomach cramps, diarrhea, and vomiting. I am not going to take the final dose, because although the bronchitis is better, I can't deal with the intense stomach discomfort.

January 15, 2011 3:27 AM

I was given 2 tablets the first day followed by 1 tablet for the next four days. I was coughing so hard I could not get out of bed. The only thing it did for me, now on day 10, is it eased up the cough so that I did not lose my breath and vomit phlegm but I just called the doctor again today because I am still coughing up very thick Phlegm. It helped but it did not work that great at all. Now the Doctor is calling in Tessalon pearls. We will see if that works.

October 18, 2010 12:16 PM

My bronchitis was so severe that the only way I would be able to board my flight to South America in 3 days was with the z-pack. I took 2 pills right at the doctor's office and headed back to the office. I was in complete disbelief when within 3 hours of taking the first 2 pills my overall condition had improved tremendously. I am glad that I didn't experience any adverse symptoms while on it, but I know of some people that unfortunately are not able to take this medication.

October 5, 2010 7:35 PM

I'm on the 3rd day of the 5-day treatment (2 pills on day 1 and 1 pill each of the next 4 days) and have had no bad side effects when taking this medication. My bronchitis finally seems to be clearing up and I'm pleased with this medication.

November 9, 2009 10:58 AM

Review by Auld1957:

For about 10 days now, I had a VERY bad cough, and severe congestion in my lungs (coughed SO much till I thought I were going to actually break a rib )...went to my local emergency room, where the attending doctor sent me home with a 'Z Pack' (5 day regimen of the Zithromax, PLUS a bottle of GUAIFENSIN cough syrup). I'm now on my third day of these antibiotics and am not, thankfully, coughing as much as I did.

October 23, 2009 11:49 AM

Review by Vhuyth:

While taking this medication I developed severe diarrhea. Stopped medication and it went away.

August 31, 2009 6:41 PM

Review by Gracie51:

I have found that when I get bronchitis Z-pak is the only thing that helps knock it out of me. Within a few days I feel much better.

April 10, 2009 4:15 PM

Gets rid of it quickly, but it can cause stomach cramps.

January 27, 2009 2:57 PM

The Z-Pak took away all of my symptoms. It feels great not to have to cough all the time now.

October 20, 2008 2:50 PM

Review by No More Coughing:

This medicine clears up bronchitis quickly and I give it two thumbs up.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2008 11:40 AM