User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Azithromycin Review Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 156 medications used in the treatment of Pneumonia.

Reviews for Azithromycin to treat Pneumonia

"Woke on a Monday, with a cough & shortness of breath. Got worse through the week. Went to a Urgent Care & after being tested for the Flu, they agreed with me that I had Pneumonia. 3rd time I have had it in 15 years (I'm lucky like that). They gave me a shot & put me on 250 mg for 5 days. On day 4 still out of work, with coughing & shortness of breath. Meds, tore up my stomach & caused pain towards the right side. Eat some yogurt before taking, helps some. Either I worse then I thought or it's taken this med longer then I expected to get me back on my feet. Also caused caused some headaches. Good luck to others taking & hope it helps you to feel better."

Winter Blues (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2015

"Was given a three-day dose of 500mg. Felt better within 12 hours"

Pneumonia (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2013

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin): "I developed pneumonia after being treated in the hospital for an anaphylactic allergic response. Within a few days my oxygen was down to 92%. I was almost hospitalized, but begged the doc to let me stay out as it was 5 days until Christmas. I was prescribed a 5 day Z-Pak (Azithromycin). Today is day 3, I'm finally starting to feel better. Only side effect so far have been slightly loose stools, and a rapid pulse. (I'm 35 and otherwise healthy) I find I got stomach pains within an hour of taking it, so today I ate before I took it and that helped."

Willoetree (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2012

"I'm 14 and I ALMOST got 'walking pneumonia'. I had all the symptoms, but it was all slowly developing. I'm now taking azithromycin, its my 2nd day. I just get dizzy but not to often. I still have a heavy feeling in my chest, but its slowly going away. I'm sure (or hope) to be better in no time. Thank you antibiotics!"

Angelica love March 23, 2012

"I developed pneumonia (two areas on each lung) after a very long cold and flu of 7 weeks (No insurance and prefer not to take drugs). Finally went to County Urgent Care and 8.5 hrs, had a diagnosis and prescriptions. Feeling a bit better lung and coughing wise, but today, all day, I have had diarrhea and the resultant pain and burning. Since I have one more day of the Z-pak, I will soldier on and if it continues, then back to urgent care. TO THOSE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED STOMACH DISCOMFORT, THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY" TAKE WITH FOOD". Hope this helps."

Anonymous January 26, 2012

Zithromax (azithromycin): "This is the only antibiotic that actually works!!"

Anonymous September 5, 2011

Zithromax (azithromycin): "Worked great. No side effects!"

Pat621 January 18, 2011