User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Azithromycin review summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 174 medications used in the treatment of Pneumonia.

Reviews for Azithromycin to treat Pneumonia

Review by Pneumonia (taken for less than 1 month):

Was given a three-day dose of 500mg. Felt better within 12 hours

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2013 11:52 AM

Review by Willoetree (taken for less than 1 month):

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin): I developed pneumonia after being treated in the hospital for an anaphylactic allergic response. Within a few days my oxygen was down to 92%. I was almost hospitalized, but begged the doc to let me stay out as it was 5 days until Christmas. I was prescribed a 5 day Z-Pak (Azithromycin). Today is day 3, I'm finally starting to feel better. Only side effect so far have been slightly loose stools, and a rapid pulse. (I'm 35 and otherwise healthy) I find I got stomach pains within an hour of taking it, so today I ate before I took it and that helped.

December 22, 2012 8:58 PM

Review by Angelica love:

I'm 14 and I ALMOST got 'walking pneumonia'. I had all the symptoms, but it was all slowly developing. I'm now taking azithromycin, its my 2nd day. I just get dizzy but not to often. I still have a heavy feeling in my chest, but its slowly going away. I'm sure (or hope) to be better in no time. Thank you antibiotics!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2012 6:10 PM

I developed pneumonia (two areas on each lung) after a very long cold and flu of 7 weeks (No insurance and prefer not to take drugs). Finally went to County Urgent Care and 8.5 hrs, had a diagnosis and prescriptions. Feeling a bit better lung and coughing wise, but today, all day, I have had diarrhea and the resultant pain and burning. Since I have one more day of the Z-pak, I will soldier on and if it continues, then back to urgent care. TO THOSE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED STOMACH DISCOMFORT, THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY" TAKE WITH FOOD". Hope this helps.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2012 8:04 PM

Zithromax (azithromycin): This is the only antibiotic that actually works!!

September 5, 2011 1:41 PM

Review by Pat621:

Zithromax (azithromycin): Worked great. No side effects!

January 18, 2011 4:59 PM