User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Azithromycin Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 148 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Azithromycin to treat Bronchitis

Zithromax (azithromycin): "A LOT of trouble with stomach issues; diarrhea, stomach pains & MAJOR STOMACH DISCOMFORT !!!!"

Doritz April 29, 2016

"I get bronchitis very easily during high pollen seasons. It starts with normal to me allergy and asthma symptoms. I go to sleep and wake up--BOOM! I have bronchitis. This happened last Friday. When I woke up about 10:00 I was running a fever and coughing terribly. Fever went up to 105.2. It scared me. Over the weekend I fought the fever the best I could. I was in Dr.s office by 8:00 on Monday. I haven't seen a big improvement in anything except my fever is gone. I'm on day 3 of z pack and prednisone. Still coughing outrageously. Now it feels like I have a head cold also. I sneezed about a hundred times last night. I will see how I feel on last day of z pack but so far it hasn't done what I had hoped it would."

DebbieintheDraft (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

"Started with a cold, then the flu, then bronchitis and finally sinus infection- never felt so bad... deep wheezing and coughing up horrible stuff as well as same with nose- hate to take ANYTHING but didn't want to end up in hospital. By day 3- big difference and on day 5- felt great. The only thing that bothered me was day 6 now have vertigo- went back to the DR, said fluid in ears so hoping that goes away soon. Otherwise I read about the tummy ache so ate a bunch throughout the course and never got nausea or otherwise but do feel bloated!"

LovesLife<3 March 27, 2016

"I'm on day 4, feel on and off with Z-Pack. First day, 2 pills, couldn't sleep, coughed my brains out..messed my panties, decided to wear a maxipad........green phlegm....told myself to hang in...sensitive eyes, and feeling wired..was so tired, I just wanted to sleep.......crying a lot again..... Day 3...1 pill....restless night, heart palpitations, watch TV cause i couldn't fall asleep....Cried at everything...like tears pouring out of my eyes I'm obese and do you think I'm not eating? I'm hungry...I'm on Warfarin, suppose to be compatible with Azith////beginning to feel the good ole 10 day Antibiotic regimen is better...Went back to my Doctor, yesterday...and will today also.."

nancy with the laughing face, (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

"I have been getting bronchitis almost every year for the last 11 years. The Zpack is what I was given this time and 9 months ago. For this round I just my day 3 doseage. I started feeling somewhat better yesterday, however I think I overdid it at work. I completely lost my breath and started coughing horribly again to where I had to go outside and sit down for close to 10 minutes to calm everything down and be able to breath. Overall I feel like it is working as long as I take it easy...the only side effects I have had is I'm exhausted no matter how much sleep I get."

Beans mommy March 9, 2016

"GAS like you wouldn't even believe. I'm actually afraid to leave the house! I felt it working right after I took the first two pill. Cautiously optimistic, still 4 days to go."

Sick In ATL (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

"Took 2 pills on day 1 at 8pm. I didn't fall asleep until after 4am, and woke up at 620am. Started to feel better after day 3, then all of my symptoms came back. The frequency of symptoms were less, but the severity was more. Still have 2 more days left. Only side effect is not being able to sleep. Like at all."

nickname already in use March 7, 2016

"Takes care of the symptoms quickly. The first day feels like a sledgehammer to your chest. No side effects."

G3 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016

"z packs never get rid of the problem. I start to feel better and when the pills are done issue comes back full force an I end up feeling even worse. I don't have this issue with any other antibiotic. I have asked not to be prescribed it anymore."

Anonymous March 3, 2016

Zithromax (azithromycin): "Used a number of times over the years and always found it to work better than anything. 250mg capsules (6), 2 to begin then 1 per day, 1 hour before, or 2hours after eating. Lots of coughing up phlegm but clears the chest so can breath properly. Keep lots of tissues handy. It ought to be available over the counter, as in some foreign countries."

old man 79 February 29, 2016

"If you take probiotics a couple of times daily between the azithromycin dose, I don't have any digestive issues, stomach ache, diarrhea, etc. Takes a couple days to start kicking in."

lalalan January 25, 2016

"I'm 43 with a life long history of bronchitis. When I get sick, I often find myself coughing until I vomit. I have been prescribed the "Z Pack" several times. I have found that, while it does ultimately take care of the bronchitis, it takes at least 7-8 days from the time I start the medicine until I begin to feel relief. In fact, during this current episode, my symptoms continued to worsen until today, which is the day I took the last pill. I don't yet feel any better, but today I am not getting any worse. This is consistent with each of the other times I have been prescribed this medication. I typically don't have major stomach issues while taking the medicine, but on occasion have had issues the first and second day."

Sick, Coughing Robyn January 24, 2016

"I had vomitting, dizziness, turned blue and just got worse. Awful drug."

Ickysicky (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

"I have had experience with IBS symptoms in the past.. Thinking the diarrhea I was experiencing with this medicine was from that. But now I'm thinking its the medicine. Cured my bronchitis but the immense pain I had in my stomach and burning of loose stool was not worth it. Happened the first day and the last day of the 5 day regimen. So glad it's over, just hope the loose stool is over too. I will never take this antibiotic again unless my life depends on it."

Shelly1a2d3c (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2016

"I took 2 first dose of pills for severe bronchitis and then fell asleep. I awoke with diarrhea, then washed clothes, fell back asleep and had another bout with diarrhea and had to wash clothes again. I never had something like this happen to me before! Very scary to say the least- I am only 59 so still in good physical shape. Just glad I did not ruin my memory foam mattress! Now am 24 hours later and afraid to take next dose- only one pill but am going to be awake for a long while.... Seems to have helped for bronchitis."

Debsmi January 14, 2016

"Was prescribed 500mg for 3 days for acute bronchitis and got worse on day 4 to the point of needing to go to the hospital. Deepened cough, unable to breathe and severe stomach cramps. This drug is useless and only promotes worse super bugs and antibiotic resistant strains."

Headed to the hospital. (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

"I was prescribed 250 mg of Azithromycin. I had to take two pills and then one a day until it was finished. The medicine had an effect on my bodies natural bacteria which made me constipated, but it worked great! I had better results with 875 mg of Amoxicillin for 10 days."

Thecreative1 January 9, 2016

Zithromax (azithromycin): "Anaphylaxis."

Tony 709 January 7, 2016

"I have used this numerous times for both bronchitis and sinusitis and it has always worked great for me. The 5 day z-pack is great. I don't have to take a pill for 14 days and that is awesome. Every time I have taken it, I have experienced stomach pain on the first day but each day following it, no problems. This medicine is awesome and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants fast and effective relief!!"

CSinKY (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

"I'm going into my 3rd day and I feel at least the same if not worse. I am burning up and my cough is deeper...I've coughed up a little blood. I wonder if I was misdiagnosed. I don't know whether to wait it out or go to the ER...I feel horrible."

Nmt December 28, 2015

"I got prescribed 250 mg of azithromycin (500 mg on the first day, 250 mg for four more days.) I had a bad experience. I am psychosomatic and I don't think that mixed well. I had a large panic attack during school that lasted about an hour. I experienced extreme stomach pains and auditory hallucinations. Would not recommend. It is getting rid of my bronchitis, but it's not worth it."

John B. (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2015

"Took the 6 pac after two weeks of suffering from Bronchitis. After the first dose of two pills I slept soundly for a long time and felt maybe 90% better. Now finished all 6 pills. Feeling so much better but still cough at times. I was told the medication will stay in body for 5 days after finishing. So maybe in five more days this thing will be finally gone."

Pius November 24, 2015

"I've taken this several times over the years and had no problems at all, but the last two times -- AWFUL!!! I am not going to finish them this time. I'd rather be sick. Stomach hurts like I'm starving, but if I eat it hurts worse. I feel like I'm going to puke all the time. Last night in bed for no reason, my heart was smashing out of my chest, just pounding. I am miserable. My legs were crazy restless the last couple days since I've been on this, too. I forgot something but bottom line, the stomach pain is more than I can stand."

Rachelle B. November 19, 2015

"Horrible drug. You feel sicker than before and the nausea does keep you up at night even if you try to eat more. I hate it. Not taking it anymore and I saw online it can cause heart electrical signals to go chaotic according to fda. So why are they still prescribing this?"

alexa2233 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2015

"I'm currently on day two of the pill, and I already feel much better. The only downside is how awake and energized it makes me! I took the second pill on day 1 too late and now I'm wide awake when I should be sleepy. Oops! At least I feel better :)"

Mbvt 2015 (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2015