User Reviews for Azelastine

Also known as: Astelin, Astepro

Learn more about Azelastine.

Hay Fever 31 reviews 877 medications

9.1
Summary of Azelastine reviews 31 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Azelastine

Review by M/K (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hay Fever: I wanted to like this medication since it starts working within minutes compared to the days that nasal corticosteroids take to work. Unfortunately it would seem I'm in the small percentage that experiences pretty severe nasal burning/irritation from azelastine. I can't keep from blowing my nose to get it out of me as fast as possible.

July 25, 2014 12:43 PM

Astelin (azelastine) for Hay Fever: I've suffered for years with allergies both seasonal/environmental and chemical. I carried Benadryl and hydrocortisone in my purse for years. I recently had issues with my ight hear with vibration and popping as well as hearing my inhalation through my nose in my ear. I also had awful post nasal drip year round for as long as I could remember. I went to an ENT doc and he prescribed me Astelin. I take one spray in each nostril in the morning and again at bedtime. I've been on it for about a month now and I have never felt better. The hives have decreased, my swollen hands have gone down and my ear is like new! I highly recommend this antihistamine nasal spray. Inquire with your doctor about it!

May 13, 2014 12:54 AM

Review by Suzyg110:

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: Astepro has been a blessing to me. I have been a long time allergy sufferer. An ENT suggested regular dose of Allegra, Fluconase and Singular, plus I started allergy drops to begin building my immunity. This medicine regime seemed to bring everything more under control, except I began having a terrible cough it was more than a year and I finally told him I needed to do something about it. I had previously tested negative for asthma, but we tried an inhaler and Astepro (instead of the other nose spray). Wow, instant relief from the regular coughing due to the Astepro, the inhaler seemly offers nothing. I recommend this for coughing from post nasal or other allergy problems.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 10, 2014 7:25 AM

Review by sneezysmurfette (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hay Fever: I had sinus surgery after years and years of chronic infection and insomnia. Tried all kinds of medicine. The surgery was ok but did not solve the total problem. This spray may not be a miracle but it comes pretty close. After my annual, my doc said I'm still stuffy but I feel like I'm breathing better. I have had no side effects. Not even sleepiness. I take it morning and night. Immediate relief. Not perfect but better than nothing. I think someone with mild allergies would see immense improvement.

January 16, 2014 8:31 PM

Review by body pain (taken for less than 1 month):

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: Had serious chronic sinusitis with inflammation in the upper sinus and in the nose. The medicine helped significantly but I get a painful side effect, my whole upper muscles around the shoulders and neck became very tight, stiff and sore.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 15, 2013 12:47 AM

Review by cmagouirk (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Hay Fever: I use this Flonase and Claritn to keep my allergies in check. All three are essential in my regimen. Without it I am miserable. I have absolutely no side effects.

September 4, 2013 9:24 PM

Review by iSurvivor (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hay Fever: I have dealt with allergies for the past 5 years and they are getting worse. I've tried everything under the sun, most over the counter, many prescription allergy medicines and sprays. Everything just helped slightly, until this. I cannot believe the immediate response. One spray in each nostril and I'm good for 12 hours. No itchy nose, no sneezing, no runny nose. I purchased a large 30ml bottle. Since I don't have to use every day, this can last easily 3-4 months.

May 31, 2013 6:59 PM

Review by Not dizzy anymore (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: I have allergies along with daily vertigo. Not only did this extremely helpful with the allergies, it virtually eliminated my daily vertigo. My ENT recommended this for my vertigo mainly. I have noticed others complain about sleepiness. I only use this at night.

June 14, 2012 3:16 PM

Review by Allergy Sufferer83:

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: I've had two years without the ear infections and sinus infections that I had prior to taking this. This has been a miracle for me.

April 19, 2012 10:41 PM

Review by billieglozer:

Astelin (azelastine) for Hay Fever: I have had Restless Legs since I was a teenager. All antihistamines aggravate this condition. Not Astelin, This is a dream come true to take care of my non-allergenic rhinitis, while not exacerbating my Restless Legs. Thank you so much.

March 15, 2012 1:55 PM

Review by DeeWhyEss:

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: Astepro works really well but makes me sneeze at least 7 times in a row before I get some relief. Also makes me sleepy so I don't use it until bedtime.

March 5, 2012 10:15 PM

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: Good product

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 18, 2012 2:24 PM

Review by tomspears:

For Hay Fever: Highly effective for maxillary sinusitis. Works quickly. Works very well.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2012 12:24 AM

Review by Kazamyst:

For Hay Fever: Good product! Takes my terrible Sinus and Ear Pain right away! I do need to remember though to use it at night because the only side effect I get is drowsiness. I do take Ativan and Zyrtec as well, and it does interact with them both, causing CNS Depression so that could explain the Fatigue.

October 14, 2011 4:38 PM

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: Worked great on allergies, but raised blood pressure.

August 18, 2011 10:00 AM

Review by Jim W:

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: In the beginning of the year I developed chronic nasal drip in the back of the throat. Occasionally this would flare up into a real bad sore throat and my nasal passages were constantly inflamed. Tried 3 types of antibiotics and over the counter allergy sprays and nothing worked. Went to a specialist and received a prescription of Astepro. Finally the nasal drip and everything that went with it is gone.

August 1, 2011 11:29 PM

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: Works great. No allergy symptoms, no side effect, and it decongests me too.

June 29, 2011 3:14 PM

Review by cindyu2:

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: Great for seasonal allergies. Works very quickly. Does make me drowsy so use before bed. After long term use did have some nose bleeds but well worth the side effects.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2010 8:39 PM

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: This stuff is great - I don't get any side-effects, just relief of my symptoms.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2010 11:33 PM

Review by FlorinC:

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: One day after I started using the spray, I broke out in red dots around my arm pits. Did not pay attention and another day later my whole body was covered with red dots. My doctor advised I interrupt using Astepro and four days later I only see a small improvements in my skin condition. Asterpro is definitely not for me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 10, 2010 8:24 PM

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: Wonderful Drug - Very Effective but tastes awful.

April 12, 2010 11:03 AM

Review by jr2:

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: Major sleepiness. Used it in the morning and in the evening but tired all day long.

April 10, 2010 10:25 AM

Review by wolflew:

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: My allergies were so bad here in Atlanta (spring 2010) that I had to see a pulmonary doctor for bronchial allergic asthma. It was like bronchitis but no phlegm, just a horrible heavy congestion feeling (which was really swollen, inflamed, bronchial passages) from the pollen. The doctor put me on Singulair, Alvesco Inhaler, and then an ENT put me on Astepro. In my opinion, the Singulair and the Astepro have been the key medications to feeling better and being able to live through these horrible pollen months.

April 5, 2010 10:03 PM

Review by larryfromindy:

Astelin (azelastine) for : Prescribed by my doctor two yrs ago for acute sinus inflamations. He suggested I use immediately when feeling onset symptoms. It woks wonders. Somewhat pricey, but much better than full-blown sinus infection anyday. I highly recommend.

February 12, 2010 10:11 PM

Astepro (azelastine) for : I have controlled high blood pressure. This increased blood pressure and had dizziness when bending down and getting up.

December 24, 2009 10:42 AM