User Reviews for Azelastine

Also known as: Astelin, Astepro

Learn more about Azelastine.

Hay Fever 33 reviews 894 medications

9.1
Summary of Azelastine reviews 33 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Azelastine

For Hay Fever: "I have suffered from severe allergies for about 15 years (Since I was about 12 years old). I have tried every kind of allergy medicine you could possibly think of from nasal sprays to eye drops to inhalers to oral medications and none of it even put a dent in my symptoms! I was prescribed this by an allergist two years ago and have never had my symptoms managed so well! This is truly a miracle worker for me! I take this twice a day and have zero allergy symptoms on about 98% of my days. Occasionally when the pollen count is super high, I may experience a slight itchiness in my eyes, but it is almost unnoticeable."

cmw8687 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2015

Astelin (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "I woke up, for several months, with bizarre facial pressure; my sinus membranes "in" my eyes, my maxillaries, etc... felt inflamed and throbbed, subsiding only with the next night's sleep.... I don't think that I had bonafide, bacterial-based sinusitis, since flare ups tended to abate within twenty four hours and seemed to follow strenuous physical exertion (e.g., running) and menstrual cycally driven hormonal fluctuations. I found minimal relief, for these episodes, through saline rinses (which seem to work well for standard congestion) and had already been prescribed other nasal sprays, including fluticasone. 90% reduction in monthly symptom days. 2 bad days per month, max. I've never written a product review."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2015

For Hay Fever: "I wanted to like this medication since it starts working within minutes compared to the days that nasal corticosteroids take to work. Unfortunately it would seem I'm in the small percentage that experiences pretty severe nasal burning/irritation from azelastine. I can't keep from blowing my nose to get it out of me as fast as possible."

M/K (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2014

Astelin (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "I've suffered for years with allergies both seasonal/environmental and chemical. I carried Benadryl and hydrocortisone in my purse for years. I recently had issues with my ight hear with vibration and popping as well as hearing my inhalation through my nose in my ear. I also had awful post nasal drip year round for as long as I could remember. I went to an ENT doc and he prescribed me Astelin. I take one spray in each nostril in the morning and again at bedtime. I've been on it for about a month now and I have never felt better. The hives have decreased, my swollen hands have gone down and my ear is like new! I highly recommend this antihistamine nasal spray. Inquire with your doctor about it!"

Anonymous May 13, 2014

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "Astepro has been a blessing to me. I have been a long time allergy sufferer. An ENT suggested regular dose of Allegra, Fluconase and Singular, plus I started allergy drops to begin building my immunity. This medicine regime seemed to bring everything more under control, except I began having a terrible cough it was more than a year and I finally told him I needed to do something about it. I had previously tested negative for asthma, but we tried an inhaler and Astepro (instead of the other nose spray). Wow, instant relief from the regular coughing due to the Astepro, the inhaler seemly offers nothing. I recommend this for coughing from post nasal or other allergy problems."

Suzyg110 April 10, 2014

For Hay Fever: "I had sinus surgery after years and years of chronic infection and insomnia. Tried all kinds of medicine. The surgery was ok but did not solve the total problem. This spray may not be a miracle but it comes pretty close. After my annual, my doc said I'm still stuffy but I feel like I'm breathing better. I have had no side effects. Not even sleepiness. I take it morning and night. Immediate relief. Not perfect but better than nothing. I think someone with mild allergies would see immense improvement. "

sneezysmurfette (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2014

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "Had serious chronic sinusitis with inflammation in the upper sinus and in the nose. The medicine helped significantly but I get a painful side effect, my whole upper muscles around the shoulders and neck became very tight, stiff and sore. "

body pain (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2013

For Hay Fever: "I use this Flonase and Claritn to keep my allergies in check. All three are essential in my regimen. Without it I am miserable. I have absolutely no side effects."

cmagouirk (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2013

For Hay Fever: "I have dealt with allergies for the past 5 years and they are getting worse. I've tried everything under the sun, most over the counter, many prescription allergy medicines and sprays. Everything just helped slightly, until this. I cannot believe the immediate response. One spray in each nostril and I'm good for 12 hours. No itchy nose, no sneezing, no runny nose. I purchased a large 30ml bottle. Since I don't have to use every day, this can last easily 3-4 months."

iSurvivor (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2013

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "I have allergies along with daily vertigo. Not only did this extremely helpful with the allergies, it virtually eliminated my daily vertigo. My ENT recommended this for my vertigo mainly. I have noticed others complain about sleepiness. I only use this at night."

Not dizzy anymore (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2012

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "I've had two years without the ear infections and sinus infections that I had prior to taking this. This has been a miracle for me."

Allergy Sufferer83 April 19, 2012

Astelin (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "I have had Restless Legs since I was a teenager. All antihistamines aggravate this condition. Not Astelin, This is a dream come true to take care of my non-allergenic rhinitis, while not exacerbating my Restless Legs. Thank you so much."

billieglozer March 15, 2012

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "Astepro works really well but makes me sneeze at least 7 times in a row before I get some relief. Also makes me sleepy so I don't use it until bedtime."

DeeWhyEss March 5, 2012

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "Good product"

Anonymous January 18, 2012

For Hay Fever: "Highly effective for maxillary sinusitis. Works quickly. Works very well."

tomspears January 6, 2012

For Hay Fever: "Good product! Takes my terrible Sinus and Ear Pain right away! I do need to remember though to use it at night because the only side effect I get is drowsiness. I do take Ativan and Zyrtec as well, and it does interact with them both, causing CNS Depression so that could explain the Fatigue."

Kazamyst October 14, 2011

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "Worked great on allergies, but raised blood pressure. "

Anonymous August 18, 2011

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "In the beginning of the year I developed chronic nasal drip in the back of the throat. Occasionally this would flare up into a real bad sore throat and my nasal passages were constantly inflamed. Tried 3 types of antibiotics and over the counter allergy sprays and nothing worked. Went to a specialist and received a prescription of Astepro. Finally the nasal drip and everything that went with it is gone."

Jim W August 1, 2011

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "Works great. No allergy symptoms, no side effect, and it decongests me too."

Anonymous June 29, 2011

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "Great for seasonal allergies. Works very quickly. Does make me drowsy so use before bed. After long term use did have some nose bleeds but well worth the side effects."

cindyu2 July 27, 2010

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "This stuff is great - I don't get any side-effects, just relief of my symptoms."

Anonymous July 15, 2010

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "One day after I started using the spray, I broke out in red dots around my arm pits. Did not pay attention and another day later my whole body was covered with red dots. My doctor advised I interrupt using Astepro and four days later I only see a small improvements in my skin condition. Asterpro is definitely not for me."

FlorinC May 10, 2010

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "Wonderful Drug - Very Effective but tastes awful."

Anonymous April 12, 2010

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "Major sleepiness. Used it in the morning and in the evening but tired all day long."

jr2 April 10, 2010

Astepro (azelastine) for Hay Fever: "My allergies were so bad here in Atlanta (spring 2010) that I had to see a pulmonary doctor for bronchial allergic asthma. It was like bronchitis but no phlegm, just a horrible heavy congestion feeling (which was really swollen, inflamed, bronchial passages) from the pollen. The doctor put me on Singulair, Alvesco Inhaler, and then an ENT put me on Astepro. In my opinion, the Singulair and the Astepro have been the key medications to feeling better and being able to live through these horrible pollen months."

wolflew April 5, 2010