User Reviews for Dymista

Learn more about Dymista.

Hay Fever 10 reviews 869 medications

9.1
Summary of Dymista reviews 10 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Dymista

For Hay Fever: So far so good. I have been using Dymista for 2 weeks & I can breathe out of both nostrils & I have a sense of smell again! I used Nasonex for years & it worked well, but I seemed to build up a tolerance after awhile. For the last couple of years I have been hooked on OTC nasal spray with horrible rebound congestion which required antibiotics & prednisone to kick. After this last round of antibiotics & prednisone & a change to Dymista. I can now breathe! I hope it continues. I was even able to find a discount coupon online so I got it for $30.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2014 10:28 PM

Review by ironman7878:

For Hay Fever: I have been suffering from extremely bad allergies for years. Between my allergies and my asthma, I have had to use OTC nasal sprays, a combination of allergy medications and my asthma inhaler. I just started using Dymista and for the first time in years, I was able to breathe clearly. I did not even need to use nasal spray! I am so glad I finally found Dymista!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2014 6:56 PM

For Hay Fever: Best medicine on the market, unfortunately my insurance company refuses to pay for it which usually means I end up with bronchitis at least twice a year.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2014 12:22 PM

Review by Cesas:

I have tried several sprays for my allergies. Nothing has worked better for me than Dymista. My HMO refuses to pay for Dymista since it is not on the formulary and it is too costly. I will have to pay for the next bottle.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 22, 2014 9:35 PM

Review by G Moore (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Hay Fever: The first several times of using this nasal spray almost made me barf. Actually, come to think of it, I did barf. However, I will say that this is the MOST effective nasal spray on the market! Most websites with information about Dymista (even their own website) are stating that it takes up to a week for the medication to work. I have not had to wait that long. For me, the spray works within seconds. I have allergies all year round. I visited my allergist and had a skin prick test done...allergic to everything...trees, pollen, dust, cockroach dust, grass, ..anything you can think of. I am not happy about the price, and am very hopeful that soon, the price will drop a little.

January 16, 2014 8:54 AM

Review by DrOT (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hay Fever: As a physician and a patient, I must say that Dymista is the best nasal decongestant spray I have ever used. I have used Flonase, Nasonex and Afrin. Flonase and Nasonex work well, but take 2-3 days before any significant relief is noted. Afrin is amazing for IMMEDIATE relief, but the rebound effects after a few days use are just too severe. I have found Dymista to be superior to all others as the antihistamine component works almost immediately providing relief from allergic causes, while the fluticasone is allowed a couple days to exhibit it's true anti inflammatory effects on the nasal mucosa. I am a recently graduated physician, and I will surely prescribe this medication to my future patients as a first line treatment.

September 8, 2013 5:25 PM

Review by AmazedByThis (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hay Fever: As someone who has had multiple hospitalisations every year due to chronic allergic asthma, I cannot believe how wonderful this medication is!!! It has enabled me to breathe properly through my nose for the first time in years!! I still take my oral antihistamine too but this spray is truly a miracle! I am on lots of medication daily and I can honestly say this is the first medication I have ever felt has actually 'worked' for me. In that I noticed a huge difference and improvement when taking it. Usually I never know if medication actually works but with this I can say for sure that it has been incredible.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 2, 2013 6:19 PM

Review by Cup152:

For Hay Fever: Dymista worked great on the swelling and pain in my sinuses, but I experienced several negative side effects so I discontinued use. I felt jittery, anxious, nauseated and had diarrhea.

July 1, 2013 1:31 PM

It really works! Has disgusting taste though.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2013 2:19 AM

Review by Grateful patient (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hay Fever: I have mild allergic nasal inflammation with nighttime terbinate hypertrophy. I was afraid to even try nose spray this after reading a couple of less than good opinions. I'm very satisfied with Dymista. I have very mild allergic inflammation. I had terbinate reduction back in 2009 and was very satisfied with the procedure for a couple of years. As warned my terbinate night time swelling gradually returned and had a very negative impact on the quality of my sleep. For at least a year, I haven't had a nights sleep without waking 4 to 6 times a night rarely achieving REM sleep. Dymista has improved the quality of my sleep immediately.

March 20, 2013 9:55 PM

Review by bullmastif (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hay Fever: I used Dymista and the first use was excellent results and a reduction of my snoring and dripping sinus. Price is too high without insurance and the $35 coupon excludes senior citizens that take government funding.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate