User Reviews for Dymista

Learn more about Dymista.

Dymista review summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 548 medications used in the treatment of Hay Fever.

Reviews for Dymista to treat Hay Fever

Review by G Moore (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

The first several times of using this nasal spray almost made me barf. Actually, come to think of it, I did barf. However, I will say that this is the MOST effective nasal spray on the market! Most websites with information about Dymista (even their own website) are stating that it takes up to a week for the medication to work. I have not had to wait that long. For me, the spray works within seconds. I have allergies all year round. I visited my allergist and had a skin prick test done...allergic to everything...trees, pollen, dust, cockroach dust, grass, ..anything you can think of. I am not happy about the price, and am very hopeful that soon, the price will drop a little.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 16, 2014 8:54 AM
Review by DrOT (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

As a physician and a patient, I must say that Dymista is the best nasal decongestant spray I have ever used. I have used Flonase, Nasonex and Afrin. Flonase and Nasonex work well, but take 2-3 days before any significant relief is noted. Afrin is amazing for IMMEDIATE relief, but the rebound effects after a few days use are just too severe. I have found Dymista to be superior to all others as the antihistamine component works almost immediately providing relief from allergic causes, while the fluticasone is allowed a couple days to exhibit it's true anti inflammatory effects on the nasal mucosa. I am a recently graduated physician, and I will surely prescribe this medication to my future patients as a first line treatment.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 8, 2013 5:25 PM
Review by AmazedByThis (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

As someone who has had multiple hospitalisations every year due to chronic allergic asthma, I cannot believe how wonderful this medication is!!! It has enabled me to breathe properly through my nose for the first time in years!! I still take my oral antihistamine too but this spray is truly a miracle! I am on lots of medication daily and I can honestly say this is the first medication I have ever felt has actually 'worked' for me. In that I noticed a huge difference and improvement when taking it. Usually I never know if medication actually works but with this I can say for sure that it has been incredible.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 2, 2013 6:19 PM
Review by Cup152: User Rating:

Dymista worked great on the swelling and pain in my sinuses, but I experienced several negative side effects so I discontinued use. I felt jittery, anxious, nauseated and had diarrhea.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 1, 2013 1:31 PM
Review by Grateful patient (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I have mild allergic nasal inflammation with nighttime terbinate hypertrophy. I was afraid to even try nose spray this after reading a couple of less than good opinions. I'm very satisfied with Dymista. I have very mild allergic inflammation. I had terbinate reduction back in 2009 and was very satisfied with the procedure for a couple of years. As warned my terbinate night time swelling gradually returned and had a very negative impact on the quality of my sleep. For at least a year, I haven't had a nights sleep without waking 4 to 6 times a night rarely achieving REM sleep. Dymista has improved the quality of my sleep immediately.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 20, 2013 9:55 PM
Review by bullmastif (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I used Dymista and the first use was excellent results and a reduction of my snoring and dripping sinus. Price is too high without insurance and the $35 coupon excludes senior citizens that take government funding.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 18, 2013 1:57 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

It works!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 1, 2013 1:23 AM

Learn more about Hay Fever

More about Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone nasal)

Professional resources