User Reviews for Dymista

Learn more about Dymista.

Dymista review summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 555 medications used in the treatment of Hay Fever.

Reviews for Dymista to treat Hay Fever

So far so good. I have been using Dymista for 2 weeks & I can breathe out of both nostrils & I have a sense of smell again! I used Nasonex for years & it worked well, but I seemed to build up a tolerance after awhile. For the last couple of years I have been hooked on OTC nasal spray with horrible rebound congestion which required antibiotics & prednisone to kick. After this last round of antibiotics & prednisone & a change to Dymista. I can now breathe! I hope it continues. I was even able to find a discount coupon online so I got it for $30.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2014 10:28 PM

Review by ironman7878:

I have been suffering from extremely bad allergies for years. Between my allergies and my asthma, I have had to use OTC nasal sprays, a combination of allergy medications and my asthma inhaler. I just started using Dymista and for the first time in years, I was able to breathe clearly. I did not even need to use nasal spray! I am so glad I finally found Dymista!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2014 6:56 PM

Best medicine on the market, unfortunately my insurance company refuses to pay for it which usually means I end up with bronchitis at least twice a year.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2014 12:22 PM

Review by G Moore (taken for 1 to 2 years):

The first several times of using this nasal spray almost made me barf. Actually, come to think of it, I did barf. However, I will say that this is the MOST effective nasal spray on the market! Most websites with information about Dymista (even their own website) are stating that it takes up to a week for the medication to work. I have not had to wait that long. For me, the spray works within seconds. I have allergies all year round. I visited my allergist and had a skin prick test done...allergic to everything...trees, pollen, dust, cockroach dust, grass, ..anything you can think of. I am not happy about the price, and am very hopeful that soon, the price will drop a little.

January 16, 2014 8:54 AM

Review by DrOT (taken for 1 to 6 months):

As a physician and a patient, I must say that Dymista is the best nasal decongestant spray I have ever used. I have used Flonase, Nasonex and Afrin. Flonase and Nasonex work well, but take 2-3 days before any significant relief is noted. Afrin is amazing for IMMEDIATE relief, but the rebound effects after a few days use are just too severe. I have found Dymista to be superior to all others as the antihistamine component works almost immediately providing relief from allergic causes, while the fluticasone is allowed a couple days to exhibit it's true anti inflammatory effects on the nasal mucosa. I am a recently graduated physician, and I will surely prescribe this medication to my future patients as a first line treatment.

September 8, 2013 5:25 PM

Review by AmazedByThis (taken for less than 1 month):

As someone who has had multiple hospitalisations every year due to chronic allergic asthma, I cannot believe how wonderful this medication is!!! It has enabled me to breathe properly through my nose for the first time in years!! I still take my oral antihistamine too but this spray is truly a miracle! I am on lots of medication daily and I can honestly say this is the first medication I have ever felt has actually 'worked' for me. In that I noticed a huge difference and improvement when taking it. Usually I never know if medication actually works but with this I can say for sure that it has been incredible.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 2, 2013 6:19 PM

Review by Cup152:

Dymista worked great on the swelling and pain in my sinuses, but I experienced several negative side effects so I discontinued use. I felt jittery, anxious, nauseated and had diarrhea.

July 1, 2013 1:31 PM

Review by Grateful patient (taken for less than 1 month):

I have mild allergic nasal inflammation with nighttime terbinate hypertrophy. I was afraid to even try nose spray this after reading a couple of less than good opinions. I'm very satisfied with Dymista. I have very mild allergic inflammation. I had terbinate reduction back in 2009 and was very satisfied with the procedure for a couple of years. As warned my terbinate night time swelling gradually returned and had a very negative impact on the quality of my sleep. For at least a year, I haven't had a nights sleep without waking 4 to 6 times a night rarely achieving REM sleep. Dymista has improved the quality of my sleep immediately.

March 20, 2013 9:55 PM

Review by bullmastif (taken for less than 1 month):

I used Dymista and the first use was excellent results and a reduction of my snoring and dripping sinus. Price is too high without insurance and the $35 coupon excludes senior citizens that take government funding.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate