User Reviews for Imuran

Learn more about Imuran.

Imuran Review Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Crohn's Disease, Maintenance.

Reviews for Imuran to treat Crohn's Disease, Maintenance

"I have had Crohn's disease for 19 years and have been on many different medications. I have been hospitalized 6 times, where they shut down the colon to leave it to rest (no surgeries). I have taken Imuran for 7 years and until last month have only had 4 flareups to account for, my doctors put me on a steroid (not something that you want to take a lot of). For me this is usually about a 2-3 month process. Unfortunately, my thyroid has gone from hypo to hyper and my Crohn's disease and blood pressure is out of control. So my doctors have suggested I try Remicade...I have just had my second infusion, still taking Imuran, and 30mg of steroid, hoping to see some results soon."

sheila01 February 6, 2010

"I was prescriped Imuran but had to come off it within 2 weeks due to acute depression and complete loss of appetite! But some medicines work better on other people, I think you have to find the right one for you!"

Anonymous January 8, 2010

"My doctor has put me on Imuran for about three weeks now and I am starting to feel some side effects such as weakness, body aches and breakouts all over my body. So far not so good with the treatment. I will be calling my doctor for sure."

Anonymous November 23, 2009

"I have been taking 50 mg daily and have been for six months. I had a serious flare six months ago and a small bowel resection two months later. I feel that Imuran and Remicade combination is keeping me well and feeling perfectly normal. No side effects so far. I am very glad to have tapered off Prednisone and am happy with Imuran and Remicade for Crohn's maintenance."

PENWESTERN April 25, 2009

"It is the best."

Anonymous October 23, 2008

"the imuran sometimes upsets my stomach but the doctors say it is doing the job."

Anonymous May 21, 2008