User Reviews for Imuran

Learn more about Imuran.

Imuran review summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Crohn's Disease, Maintenance.

Reviews for Imuran to treat Crohn's Disease, Maintenance

Review by sheila01: User Rating:

I have had Crohn's disease for 19 years and have been on many different medications. I have been hospitalized 6 times, where they shut down the colon to leave it to rest (no surgeries). I have taken Imuran for 7 years and until last month have only had 4 flareups to account for, my doctors put me on a steroid (not something that you want to take a lot of). For me this is usually about a 2-3 month process. Unfortunately, my thyroid has gone from hypo to hyper and my Crohn's disease and blood pressure is out of control. So my doctors have suggested I try Remicade...I have just had my second infusion, still taking Imuran, and 30mg of steroid, hoping to see some results soon.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 6, 2010 8:50 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I was prescriped Imuran but had to come off it within 2 weeks due to acute depression and complete loss of appetite! But some medicines work better on other people, I think you have to find the right one for you!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 8, 2010 10:19 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

My doctor has put me on Imuran for about three weeks now and I am starting to feel some side effects such as weakness, body aches and breakouts all over my body. So far not so good with the treatment. I will be calling my doctor for sure.

November 23, 2009 1:46 AM
Review by PENWESTERN: User Rating:

I have been taking 50 mg daily and have been for six months. I had a serious flare six months ago and a small bowel resection two months later. I feel that Imuran and Remicade combination is keeping me well and feeling perfectly normal. No side effects so far. I am very glad to have tapered off Prednisone and am happy with Imuran and Remicade for Crohn's maintenance.

April 25, 2009 9:34 PM

It is the best.

October 23, 2008 11:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

the imuran sometimes upsets my stomach but the doctors say it is doing the job.

May 21, 2008 3:10 PM