User Reviews for Atomoxetine

Also known as: Strattera

Learn more about Atomoxetine.

ADHD 151 reviews 31 medications

Fibromyalgia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Atomoxetine reviews 156 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Atomoxetine

Review by Kazzarazza:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: Gums started hurting 2nd day 3rd day unbearable and face started to swell had to lie down as dizzy , violently sick, pins and needles in hand , very unhappy tooth ache I as trying to tolerate as got told takes time to work but I was in to much pain so phoned Dr who told me to stop taking it, I never want to take this drug ever again I feel very unwell. No help at all to my AHHD just feel completely Unwell

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2015 9:27 AM

Review by Jonathan C (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I started with a low dose and then took the highest dose. I noticed nothing for the first two months and then I felt suicidal, derpressed and it did nothing for my ADHD. It was costly even with insurance and I had to stop taking it. Now I'm stuck with my ADHD and never have I felt worse than I did on this medication. It messes with your mind.

January 29, 2015 11:29 AM

Review by Raymond m:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: 40 yr old male newly diagnosed first time to take ADD meds. Small dose definitely gave focus, but mind was racing at night. Bad sleep, woke up many times, clock seems to tick very slow. Noticeable side effects included: decreased urine flow, ED, shrinkage and semen leakage prior to climax. Got up to 40mg and quit.

January 8, 2015 9:45 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: (18 years old, 104lbs, 5'0) I was on 25 mg and switched to 40mg as I hadn't noticed anything after a month. So far I have dry mouth sometimes, feel more tired, nausea after taking pill. Also, those around had noticed that I am blah all the time after I take it and that I completely change from my upbeat personality to very flat. I will be talking to my doctor about taking a stimulant instead so I won't have to take it everyday.

January 2, 2015 3:32 PM

Review by Zachary S (taken for less than 1 month):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I am on a trial pack starting from 25 mg with an increases of 15 - 20 mg a week. I am at my second week at 40mg and so for all I feel is the side effects. I found that if I take it on an empty stomach I get extremely nauseous for about and hour or two. I can't really tell if it's working yet since I'm only in my second week, but so far I'm not too optimistic. I was on Wellbutrin before and that had little to no effect on me. I don't feel depressed at all but I will say my anxiety has diminished. As for the ADD I guess will just have to wait and see.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2014 10:08 AM

Review by tayce (taken for less than 1 month):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I'm only on day 1 with 40mg dose, but I noticed the front of my brain hurts and I'm endlessly thirsty. Getting up and sitting down has made me a little dizzy also. Hope it gets better with time or I'll ask doc for a change of meds.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2014 6:25 AM

Review by CollegeGal:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I had taken Adderall, Concerta and other ADHD medications which all caused me to lose my appetite, get moody or come down from it and I felt I wasn't able to be myself. Strattera took a few weeks to kick in, I fell asleep constantly for the first two-four weeks (I know lots of people jump the Strattera ship then saying it is not working or making them sleepy) but after 4 weeks I started to feel like myself again. Except my mind got clearer, I could organize my room/now apartment, do all my school work, do everything I need to do, have better conversations and do not binge eat. I take 40mg and have had no side effects from it. It also helps my anxiety. It is my miracle.

December 3, 2014 12:50 PM

Review by Amb0472:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I started taking Strattera a few weeks ago for ADD. I have noticed it makes me really calm compared to my usual ways. It helps me focus a little better than I used to but I am still not really focused during class. I take 80mg a day, yes I know that's a lot but that's what was prescribed for me. I have completely lost my appetite. Some days go by and I realize I haven't eaten anything. I have lost 10 lbs. Other than that it just gives me a really dry mouth. I always take over the counter sleep aids so I always sleep fine. I wonder if I should try Adderall? Concerta I have already tried and did not like it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2014 5:03 PM

Review by spaz2 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I had been on Strattera for 8 years. It did great but within last year things seemed to change. I thought it wasn't working due to my memory and concentration but now being off for about a month realize it was doing a lot. I am now having headaches lack of motivation loosing temper easily etc. My family and friends see a significant change in my behavior. (Negative change). Concentration and focus have always been an issue on and off medicine so I just have to work harder with it. Also realize it takes more than this medicine to really have success.

November 25, 2014 12:09 PM

Review by Beckaaaa:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: The only ADHD medicine that has worked for me without bad side effects. I've been on Ritalin, Adderal and Adderal XR.

November 23, 2014 11:11 PM

Review by suezzzzz:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: Strattera helped my ADD very little and suppressed my appetite and I lost all ability to sleep even though I was always tired.

October 29, 2014 12:32 PM

Review by Ahhhhhhhhh:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: This is the start of my 3rd day in this medications. I am in 25mg once a day. So far I notice it makes me a little sleepy, dry mouth and gives tingle sensation on my head. Although benefits so far have been that I passed my quiz for college 100% and was able to FINISH multiple tasks yesterday! Only third day so we'll see how it progresses with my body. AGE: 21, 110lbs, F

October 27, 2014 12:45 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I am a female, age 21, weight: 110. First day taking it I experienced: dry mouth, fatigue, head tingles and no sign of concentration benefits yet. I know that it's supposed to start to work after a few days. Definite appetite suppressant but I still ate meals. You feel as if you know when it's wearing off. I'll keep updating as the days go by.

October 26, 2014 3:16 AM

Review by Feronti:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: My son, 11, was taking Strattera and it did not work out well for him. His ADHA is rather mild, and I thought this could help him with a few of his struggles. However, the side effects outweighed the benefits. The most extreme side effect didn't really hit until about a month into taking Strattera. He became very emotional, would lash out disrespectfully and within 5 minutes would be crying and saying how sorry he was. His brain clarity actually was WORSE. He has always been a honor student and suddenly couldn't remember his multiplication facts. Last side effect was his appetite was suppressed. He has been off the medication for 5 days and I have my kid back.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 24, 2014 11:03 AM

Review by Obsessivelycurious (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: Nothing would quite fix me. Not antidepressants, or therapy or Adderall. Depressed all the time, screaming on the inside. Had days I literally could not do anything. Unfocused at work, hated my job, life and wife. Changed psych doctors, prescribed Strattera, titrated more slowly than sample pack, got up to 60 mg. Way happier. Less sensitive - don't get hurt easily. Take criticism better. Wife notices big difference in mood- always thought it was depression. It's ADD and Strattera is perfect for it. Just hope it keeps working!

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2014 8:10 PM

Review by onyxx2k65:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: So far so good. Been taking about a week now & no noticeable side effects. Had to quit Adderall due to symptoms in re my heart. I have High Blood Pressure & ended up in ER for a myriad of strange & scary heart-related issues. PCP wanted me off Adderall since it's a stimulant & suggested Strattera as it is a SNRI. I take a SSRI for depression without incident so with this new one I guess time will tell.

September 2, 2014 9:55 AM

Review by Beelzelord:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: Everybody has a different chemical composition, what works for you may not work for others. For me this was legit mind and focus booster. I would be unemployed if it wasn't for this.

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 11:38 AM

Review by nelly91488:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I would feel focused but always tired and the worst stomach pain for me personally.

May 26, 2014 3:56 AM

Review by works well (taken for less than 1 month):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I have an 8 yr old son who has ADHD. He has tried several medications including Adderall and Vyvanse. Nothing has worked as well as Strattera for him. He's a new kid. So much happier. He used to have severe mood swings with the Vyvanse, although it did control his ADHD fairly well for about 5-6 hrs after he took it. Strattera has been a big help regaining some normalcy in his life. He is only on 10 mg daily for the last 3-4 weeks but it has made a very noticeable difference. I have not seen any negative side effects from it, and he is actually eating on it. Thank you Strattera.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 25, 2014 7:56 AM

Review by Jacqueline Robinson:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I was 20 when I started staking Strattera. As far as focusing yes, I was completely focused and motivated all day! If I was sitting still I would have to pull out my phone and play a game to keep my mind moving. However the side effects were absolutely terrible! I was constantly sweating and if I wasn't sweating I had chills! I began suffering from insomnia. I have constant dry mouth and headaches. The worst side effect by far was what it did to my menstrual cycle. It gave me a EXTREMELY heavy and very crampy cycle. It also made my very regular cycle completely irregular. The side effects made it not worth it at all.

May 23, 2014 7:36 PM

Review by Luvtaski:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: The side effects were terrible. The first day my heart was racing so fast, I had dry mouth, headache, chills, sweating, and woke up every hour after falling asleep at 10pm. I usually sleep through the night. The 2nd day of taking Strattera my eyes were dilated and my husband said my eyes looked weird. I thought I would sleep better since I took the medicine in the morning but I was wrong. Fell asleep at 10pm, woke up sweating with a fast pulse...really fast. Woke up every 2 hours. Just terrible. The 2 days I took it I had energy to do tasks around the house but the side effects of not sleeping and my eyes dilating were too much. Plus my heart rate was all over the place.

April 30, 2014 12:20 PM

Review by AnnieBeane (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I wanted to do an updated review on this medication. I am in my 9th month of taking it, and, before Obama Care I ran out a few times, and the effects were very noticeable. Even though it is not supposed to have classic SSRI withdrawal symptoms, I still had severe brain zaps. I have my script filled and I am back on it. I am such a better worker, listener and planner on this medication. I am a better version of myself. Love it! I take 40mg a day, 60mg was too much. I am 160lbs tall female 34 yo.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2014 6:11 AM

Review by CEVeck:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 9. I'm now 22. I've been on many medications for it. My favorite would have to be Adderall because it works now. Strattera is time release and it takes weeks to actually notice a difference. If you have patience for it then I'd recommend it.

March 14, 2014 2:01 PM

Review by Peteman:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: Straterra is changing my life. I held out for 4 months with the side effects and now the improvements are extremely significant. My memory is better and I can get myself easier into a concentration mode. Although it does not fight all symptoms, it enables you to start taking action against it, if that makes sense.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2014 6:11 AM

Review by UofI:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I have been on Strattera for 4 months. I still find myself procrastinating a lot. I never eat, I lost 7 pounds the first week I was on it. Doctor then gave me Adderal. I find it way better except the fact it keeps you up all night.

February 27, 2014 2:37 AM