User Reviews for Atomoxetine

Also known as: Strattera

Learn more about Atomoxetine.

ADHD 137 reviews 62 medications

Fibromyalgia 0 reviews 72 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Atomoxetine reviews 142 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Atomoxetine

Review by Obsessivelycurious (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: Nothing would quite fix me. Not antidepressants, or therapy or Adderall. Depressed all the time, screaming on the inside. Had days I literally could not do anything. Unfocused at work, hated my job, life and wife. Changed psych doctors, prescribed Strattera, titrated more slowly than sample pack, got up to 60 mg. Way happier. Less sensitive - don't get hurt easily. Take criticism better. Wife notices big difference in mood- always thought it was depression. It's ADD and Strattera is perfect for it. Just hope it keeps working!

September 3, 2014 8:10 PM

Review by onyxx2k65:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: So far so good. Been taking about a week now & no noticeable side effects. Had to quit Adderall due to symptoms in re my heart. I have High Blood Pressure & ended up in ER for a myriad of strange & scary heart-related issues. PCP wanted me off Adderall since it's a stimulant & suggested Strattera as it is a SNRI. I take a SSRI for depression without incident so with this new one I guess time will tell.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2014 9:55 AM

Review by Beelzelord:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: Everybody has a different chemical composition, what works for you may not work for others. For me this was legit mind and focus booster. I would be unemployed if it wasn't for this.

May 28, 2014 11:38 AM

Review by nelly91488:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I would feel focused but always tired and the worst stomach pain for me personally.

May 26, 2014 3:56 AM

Review by works well (taken for less than 1 month):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I have an 8 yr old son who has ADHD. He has tried several medications including Adderall and Vyvanse. Nothing has worked as well as Strattera for him. He's a new kid. So much happier. He used to have severe mood swings with the Vyvanse, although it did control his ADHD fairly well for about 5-6 hrs after he took it. Strattera has been a big help regaining some normalcy in his life. He is only on 10 mg daily for the last 3-4 weeks but it has made a very noticeable difference. I have not seen any negative side effects from it, and he is actually eating on it. Thank you Strattera.

May 25, 2014 7:56 AM

Review by Jacqueline Robinson:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I was 20 when I started staking Strattera. As far as focusing yes, I was completely focused and motivated all day! If I was sitting still I would have to pull out my phone and play a game to keep my mind moving. However the side effects were absolutely terrible! I was constantly sweating and if I wasn't sweating I had chills! I began suffering from insomnia. I have constant dry mouth and headaches. The worst side effect by far was what it did to my menstrual cycle. It gave me a EXTREMELY heavy and very crampy cycle. It also made my very regular cycle completely irregular. The side effects made it not worth it at all.

May 23, 2014 7:36 PM

Review by Luvtaski:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: The side effects were terrible. The first day my heart was racing so fast, I had dry mouth, headache, chills, sweating, and woke up every hour after falling asleep at 10pm. I usually sleep through the night. The 2nd day of taking Strattera my eyes were dilated and my husband said my eyes looked weird. I thought I would sleep better since I took the medicine in the morning but I was wrong. Fell asleep at 10pm, woke up sweating with a fast pulse...really fast. Woke up every 2 hours. Just terrible. The 2 days I took it I had energy to do tasks around the house but the side effects of not sleeping and my eyes dilating were too much. Plus my heart rate was all over the place.

April 30, 2014 12:20 PM

Review by AnnieBeane (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I wanted to do an updated review on this medication. I am in my 9th month of taking it, and, before Obama Care I ran out a few times, and the effects were very noticeable. Even though it is not supposed to have classic SSRI withdrawal symptoms, I still had severe brain zaps. I have my script filled and I am back on it. I am such a better worker, listener and planner on this medication. I am a better version of myself. Love it! I take 40mg a day, 60mg was too much. I am 160lbs tall female 34 yo.

March 20, 2014 6:11 AM

Review by CEVeck:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 9. I'm now 22. I've been on many medications for it. My favorite would have to be Adderall because it works now. Strattera is time release and it takes weeks to actually notice a difference. If you have patience for it then I'd recommend it.

March 14, 2014 2:01 PM

Review by Peteman:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: Straterra is changing my life. I held out for 4 months with the side effects and now the improvements are extremely significant. My memory is better and I can get myself easier into a concentration mode. Although it does not fight all symptoms, it enables you to start taking action against it, if that makes sense.

March 8, 2014 6:11 AM

Review by UofI:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I have been on Strattera for 4 months. I still find myself procrastinating a lot. I never eat, I lost 7 pounds the first week I was on it. Doctor then gave me Adderal. I find it way better except the fact it keeps you up all night.

February 27, 2014 2:37 AM

Review by Umapuma:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I am 48 year old women in good health. I did not notice a difference at all. The only side effects I had were some tiredness and loss of appetite. Good luck.

February 18, 2014 7:42 PM

Review by Jaye jaye (taken for less than 1 month):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I am 15 years old girl and this was the first medication I ever took for my ADD and I don't even know if it worked for my ADD symptoms. But I do know the side effects of Strattera were all I had. I was depressed, numb, sleepy, could not eat and had anxiety. It felt like I wasn't on earth I was out in space numb to the world.

January 3, 2014 8:45 PM

Review by adhdteen (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: Took this since 3rd grade. It made me tried and I became depressed. After getting off the pills I became myself again. I took it from 3rd grade till about 8th grade. I'm now in 10th grade with no ADHD meds at all.

November 16, 2013 8:59 PM

Review by Very pleased with Strattera (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I am pretty much in love with Strattera. I am a 19 year old female and was diagnosed with ADD around 8 months ago. The difference between my life on and off Strattera is huge. When I'm on it, I am so motivated and focused. I have a plan for every day of my life and, though I don't always get everything done on my list for the day, I at least try to be productive and I at least care about getting things done. When I'm not on it, I am a complete blob. I care very little about being productive and have issues even getting out of bed. Like, I will literally stay in bed ALL DAY. The only persistent side effect that I've experienced is dry mouth. If I miss a dosage and then take it again, I get super drowsy, but that goes away after a day.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2013 6:36 AM

Review by Claytz86 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: As an adult living ADHD, I had no idea how it affected me. I was prescribed this by a psychiatrist, and almost immediately I was able to think more clearly, my memory felt better, I felt like I could concentrate on things. When someone spoke to me, I could actually listen and absorb what they were saying. Unfortunately I'm not on it anymore. It's hard to concentrate some days.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2013 11:49 AM

Review by hpad:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: My son was put on Strattera in the 3rd grade and his teacher then wrote a story about all of the kids in the classroom. He was the kid who slept through the 3rd grade. Needless to say he was prescribed a different medication.

September 20, 2013 7:16 AM

Review by Tiki time:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: My son was diagnosed with Autism, however he has symptoms of ADHD but is not. The ADHD meds. just made things worse for him so the Dr. gave me Strattera to try 10mg and it helped, I kept wondering why he could take this but not other ADHD meds. his pediatrician told me it is an antidepressant that was discovered to have a calming effect, and if it makes him tired take it at bedtime. It is very expensive but helps we have not been able to increase the dose, but kids on the spectrum are difficult to medicate.

August 22, 2013 7:03 PM

Review by Brightlight7 (taken for less than 1 month):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: This medication was not a good match for me. I was dizzy, nauseous and sleepy. I had to move very slowly in order not to make side effects worse. I only took one 45mg dose. I was given a verbal list of possible side effects from the pharmacist. I tried to keep an open mind as everyone may not experience negative side effects but in this case I did. I am an adult with ADD so I was prescribed this to help symptoms of inattention. The side effects lasted 24 hrs.

July 31, 2013 6:21 AM

Review by Tonytonytony97 (taken for less than 1 month):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: Makes me super depressed unmotivated and unable to enjoy anything. Does increase attention span at the cost of not wanting to do anything.

July 29, 2013 12:54 AM

Review by add1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: It made me want to sleep all day and made me extremely nauseated. After a month of taking 40mg it didn't touch my ADHD and after a month of 60mg still nothing happened except the side effects.

July 25, 2013 8:44 PM

Review by Gonzalez-Cruz:

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I used Strattera for adult ADHD after I auto-diagnose and then was corroborated by my doctor. It helped me stay focused on any tasks I started to completion. I took it for more than a year but had to stop because was too expensive for me even with insurance. I had some side effects that I mentioned to the company Lilly. These side effects were slight dizziness, nausea if taken without food, hair on the back of my neck would raise sensation, and some stomach discomfort, but the worst was the size of my penis would decrease incredibly while flaccid (normally 3 inches, but after medication, about 1 inch or less) and would take a lot of stimulation to get an erection.

July 17, 2013 1:24 AM

Review by AnnieBeannie (taken for less than 1 month):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: Well, it only took 33 years for me (and a good doctor), to figure out what was wrong with me. I have had unexplained tachycardia (did EKGs and no problems, although never during an episode) since about age 8-9, I've had episodes of fainting, syncope, almost fainting, fatigue, being hyper and crashing. ADD symptoms, depression, mania. I have been treated for Depression and Mania, 3 years ago, and came oh so close to a solution, but the wrong meds made it even worse. Took 2 years to recover. Until, I got a new doctor, who treated my ADD and after two failed attempts to tolerate Adderall and Ritalin, prescribed Straterra, in the first 40 minutes I tool 25mg, my ADD symptoms subsided, and ALL other symptoms have resolved.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2013 5:00 PM

Review by Tiz (taken for less than 1 month):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: I am 32 & have walked around with ADHD for my entire life until a nurse suggested I get screened. My "Doc" told me I was Cyclothymic (Bipolar III) & that I was having panic attacks. I agreed but the symptoms never got better with the prescription I was on. I went to have my Echocardiogram & was told I gave Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. Long story short, the benefits of this medicine have shown up in the 7 days that I have taken it. My pulse is lower, I haven't had any "panic attacks" & I'm starting to be able to focus a little better. I can't urinate as well unless I consume more water but I needed more anyway. This medicine has made me feel normal for the first time in many many years.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2013 10:11 AM

Review by JoobJoob (taken for less than 1 month):

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: My husband has ADD, and it really took a toll on our relationship. He was originally on Vyvanse, but it suppressed his appetite horribly. It didn't do enough in ratio to the side effects, so he decided to try Strattera. So far, it's been working decently. His main problem, however, is being able to urinate freely. I bought him Urinozinc Prostate Formula, and literally the first pill he took, he was able to urinate much more easily. Conversely, when he forgot a pill the other day, he noticed an immediate difference, and struggled to urinate. The supplement has allowed him to stay on Strattera. I note this stuff, as I have read that this is a common issue for men taking Strattera. Hope this helps others.

June 23, 2013 9:05 PM