User Reviews for Atenolol

Also known as: Tenormin

Learn more about Atenolol.

Reviews for Atenolol to treat Mitral Valve Prolapse

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Tenormin (atenolol): Have been using this for many years to regulate my heart beat as I have mitral prolapse and atrial tachycardia and have found it the best out of others.

July 31, 2012 5:56 PM

Review by Seattlechic:

I was born with mitral valve prolapse and started having palpitations when going through a lot of stress in my mid-30s. I was started on Atenolol 25 mg per day.... then noticed about 10 years later that my heart rate was going up again and had bouts of palpitations. My Dr just adjusted the dosage to 50 mg per day. I have asthma also but Theophylline ER 200 mg taken twice daily takes care of the asthma.

March 27, 2012 10:28 PM

Tenormin (atenolol): I have been on Tenormin for about 4 years. It certainly has taken care of the heart palpitations. I do not take any caffeine. But other side-effects have occurred: asthma has gotten worse, I get winded after running only one and a half mile, more often than not, I feel tired, my hair is thinning, I have esophageal spasms, which I have read that Tenormin may induce upper GI problems. I am going off the medication to see if it makes a difference. I exercise regularly, and 7 years ago, my Doctor suggested I take Beta-Blockers, which I wasn't keen on, but since I exercise, he said it wasn't that imperative that I take it. So I'd rather run regularly, and efficiently and be off it.

May 30, 2011 7:51 AM

Tenormin (atenolol): I have taken Tenormin/Atenolol for Mitral Valve Prolapse, and accompanying arrhythmias, for probably 20 years. I VERY rarely have episodes and, so far as I am aware, no side effects of any kind.

April 7, 2010 9:54 AM