User Reviews for Atenolol

Also known as: Tenormin

Learn more about Atenolol.

Reviews for Atenolol to treat Mitral Valve Prolapse

"I am 39 and identified as having Mitral Valve Prolapse at 28 after worrisome irregular heartbeat manifested itself typically in the evenings. Have used atenolol since then at low dosage (12.5-25mg/day) and am thrilled with the results. Have experienced no side effects but for a little lethargy upon first starting out (either has passed or I've grown accustomed to it in the evenings)."

chrisf1 October 11, 2014

Tenormin (atenolol): "Have been using this for many years to regulate my heart beat as I have mitral prolapse and atrial tachycardia and have found it the best out of others."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) July 31, 2012

"I was born with mitral valve prolapse and started having palpitations when going through a lot of stress in my mid-30s. I was started on Atenolol 25 mg per day.... then noticed about 10 years later that my heart rate was going up again and had bouts of palpitations. My Dr just adjusted the dosage to 50 mg per day. I have asthma also but Theophylline ER 200 mg taken twice daily takes care of the asthma."

Seattlechic March 27, 2012

Tenormin (atenolol): "I have been on Tenormin for about 4 years. It certainly has taken care of the heart palpitations. I do not take any caffeine. But other side-effects have occurred: asthma has gotten worse, I get winded after running only one and a half mile, more often than not, I feel tired, my hair is thinning, I have esophageal spasms, which I have read that Tenormin may induce upper GI problems. I am going off the medication to see if it makes a difference. I exercise regularly, and 7 years ago, my Doctor suggested I take Beta-Blockers, which I wasn't keen on, but since I exercise, he said it wasn't that imperative that I take it. So I'd rather run regularly, and efficiently and be off it."

Anonymous May 30, 2011

Tenormin (atenolol): "I have taken Tenormin/Atenolol for Mitral Valve Prolapse, and accompanying arrhythmias, for probably 20 years. I VERY rarely have episodes and, so far as I am aware, no side effects of any kind."

Anonymous April 7, 2010