User Reviews for Aggrenox

Learn more about Aggrenox.

Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis 12 reviews 63 medications

6.9
Summary of Aggrenox reviews 12 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Aggrenox

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis "Fourteen years i have been taking Aggrenox. Total life saver for me. Headaches when I first started, took Tylenol if absolutely necessary. ? Generic. Am I going to be forced to take generic? Pretty scary."

Lucky Mimi August 28, 2015

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis "I've had 4 bad Transient Ischemic Attacks. I tried Plavix once but had severe side effects. Just started on Aggrenox. Bad headache, nausea, stomach pain. But I'll do it and hopefully my body will adapt -- soon hopefully."

skiprof October 15, 2014

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis "I had a few TIAs after bypass surgery, although the two may not be directly related; that is, the bypass surgery causing the TIAs. More likely it relates to my chemistry. The Drs. had me on Coumadin, which of cource is a real pain. After experiencing a TIA I was admitted and my attending physician was a stroke neurologist. He questioned me being on Coumadin and felt strongly that Aggrenox was the right medicine for my situation. I have used it for at least over 10 years with absolutely no side effects or occurrences."

H.B. (taken for 10 years or more) November 13, 2012

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis "I had a series of TIA's almost 10 years ago. After Numerous Drs and hospitals I went to the Mayo Clinic. After many tests they diagnosed the problem and prescribed Aggrenox. I had some mild headaches the first few weeks. I have been TIA free for almost a decade."

John B. September 26, 2012

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis "I was told by my physician in January 2005, that I had several mini-stokes before the one that hospitalized me on January 31, 2005. It has been 7 years now and I had no noticeable side effects with Aggrenox. When I started the medication, I always took it as prescribed - 1 capsule in the morning and one capsule in the evening. About 1 year ago, I only started taking 1 capsule when I would take my blood pressure pill. My pharmacist begged me to start back taking the medication as it was originally prescribed to be taken. "

sweet baby (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 19, 2012

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis "I have been taking Aggrenox now for 4 years for ITA--no side effects and no further attacks to date."

Anonymous September 29, 2011

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis "Took one Aggrenox in the morning and one at night and it caused extreme nausea, headache, diarrhea, stiff joints, and weakness all night and vomiting in the morning. This was prescribed after one cardiovascular event. Had tried Plavix 75 mg for 4 months with poor results. Then tried Plavix 159 mg for 6 weeks and still no results in platelet test."

Anonymous September 2, 2010

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis "I had been taking Plavix without any side effects since experiencing transient ischemic stroke, but was advised by my doctor to try Aggrenox because a clotting test raised a question whether Plavix was effective. To start with I took one dose per day because I had had been advised to expect headaches until my body adjusted. I felt my head was going to explode and got extremely nauseated. I took it for three days. The headaches got worse, and I became nauseous, and my blood pressure went very high. I now list Aggrenox as a medication that I am allergic to because of the severe side effects. I continue to use Aspirin, Plavix and other medications to try to prevent strokes."

sorry user May 11, 2010

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis "I have been taking Aggrenox for close to two years and have had no side effects. It was prescribed for me in case the problem I had earlier in 2008 was in fact a stroke. It was never decided if that is what my problem was. All I know is I am fine now and I never want to have the same thing happen to me again. Aggrenox is fairly expensive, but it seems to be doing its job."

Anonymous February 24, 2010

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis "I had a single pure sensory (lacunar Infarct) stroke. Aggrenox was prescribed. It caused a bad headache only on the first day. I've been taking it for over fifty months. No side effects. No further strokes since the first one."

rickko January 21, 2010

"Aggrenox caused my bones and muscles to ache just as if I had the flu. I also did not feel well. I tried to take it six (6) times with the same results. However, it does seem to STOP my visual migraines which I have at least 2 a week. I would love to be able to take it for that reason."

Anonymous September 8, 2009

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis "I experienced multiple transient ischemic strokes and my neurologist prescribed Aggrenox. Following the first dose I felt my head was going to explode and got extremely nauseated. I ended up in the emergency room. I now list Aggrenox as a medication that I am allergic to because of the severe side effects. I continue to use Aspirin, Plavix and other medications to try to prevent strokes."

Anonymous August 8, 2009

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis "I have been using Aggrenox for more then a year now. I have had five TIA strokes prior to using Aggrenox. I think it has reduce my chances of having another stroke. I have had no strokes while using this medication. No side effects either."

Big Don Don September 29, 2008

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate