User Reviews for Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine

Also known as: Butalbital Compound, Farbital, Fiorinal, Fiormor, Fiortal, Fortabs, Idenal, Laniroif

Learn more about Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine.

Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine review summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine to treat Migraine

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): Fantastic for my migraines.

August 14, 2014 12:41 PM

Review by ramsgirl58 (taken for less than 1 month):

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): I have had migraines ever since I was about 19. They have gotten worse over the years and I have tried everything over the counter. I recently went home because of a sick relative. I woke up @ 2 a.m. with one if the worse migraines of my life. Vomiting all day. My step father gave me a Fiorinal. And within 15 mins it was gone. I just went to my physician. And he prescribed it for me. I pray it continues to work.

July 30, 2014 10:06 AM

Review by maxcarr (taken for 10 years or more):

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): Besides being effective, the best thing about Fiorinal is it's lack of side effects. Regardless of the amount taken during a particular episode I have never experienced any effect other than fairly quick relief.

July 26, 2014 11:07 AM

Review by soulless:

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): I took two of these for a migraine and it just made it worse.

June 20, 2014 7:10 AM

Review by Lynn R':

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): Living with a brain tumor and suffering for years with blinding migraines IT IS THE SINGLE ONLY THING THAT RIDS MY MIGRAINES! I ONLY relay on it when the pain is so intense I am bedridden. I use about 80 pills per year. It usually always works if Exederin does not. No nausea or vomiting like with other expensive migraine so called wonder medicines! No bad drowsiness either! It is a God send for my pain! I have found nothing else comparable.

March 1, 2014 5:24 PM

Review by TLC67 (taken for less than 1 month):

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): I have been using Fiorinal C1/2 for the past 25-30 years controlled by my doctor. It's an amazing, amazing medicine. I take it and my migraine goes away most of the time on the first dose. I have tried many other migraine meds and it seems I cannot take any of the Triptans as they make me throw up immediately upon taking them. I wish I could take something else but Fiorinal is all there is. Please DO NOT stop making it! There are plenty of us out here who rely on it to carry on our daily lives. Please start making it again. Thank you.

February 14, 2014 2:57 PM

Review by Rlntlys (taken for 10 years or more):

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): I have taken Fiorinol for years and years and it is the most effective med I have ever found...who ever designed this medication I owe a debt of gratitude ...I will say that I can take one just one pill and in 20 minutes my pain is gone...I swear by this drug ....I just asked my doc for a refill and he now informs me it's not available...I have kaiser coverage and think that this is kaisers doing not that the med is no longer available...I will be very upset as this script works and works well and I don't take it on a regular basis a have no addiction to it but need it when I need it!!!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2013 11:55 PM

Review by Fiorinal works when others don't:

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): Fiorinal is a miracle when it comes to strong headaches and migraines. Nurofen Plus won't work for me on a migraine but take 2 Fiorinal, sleep it off and its gone.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2013 2:12 AM

Review by Hauteracer (taken for 10 years or more):

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): This is my old faithful! Works fairly quickly and takes the pain away almost completely...most doctors don't give you more than 15-20 and if you run into a spell that's longer than a few days, then they want you to try something else.

April 17, 2013 10:27 PM

Review by Eisaak (taken for 10 years or more):

Takes the edge off and stops the escalation of pain. Nothing makes my migraines go away but this allows me to function.

March 23, 2013 3:56 PM

Review by Penny G:

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): Wonderful as long as you take it at onset. I also use Imitrex. Daily.

January 23, 2013 7:57 PM

Review by JJMCOOL1974 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): Great for migraine. Haven't found anything better than it so far except Stadol, Demerol or Nubain, which we all know no one can function daily on those other meds.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2012 11:31 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): If migraine is caught at first onset. This medicine absolutely works wonders!

October 7, 2012 2:06 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): very good

October 6, 2012 6:30 PM

Review by Stonefish:

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): After years of being on this medication my doctor refused to refill the prescription due to addiction side effects. This medication works so well and as stated by many works fast and allows you to function or sleep off a migraine. I have never had rebound headaches, cravings, or a single migraine that did not respond to this medication. I have been on a controlled and managed dose for many years and have never experienced the need for more or a need to use it for anything other than debilitating migraines. I have NEVER experienced a negative reaction in any way using this medicine responsibly under the supervision of a physician. As I said I have been using Fiorinal since the 80's.

April 18, 2012 11:37 AM

Review by Bobby C.:

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): Migraines, being on both sides of my family, began for me as a child. My Aunt gave me 2 Fiorinal Tablets in 1970 when I was seventeen as I suffered one of the worst migraines I'd ever had. The pain was gone within 35 minutes. Now I would take two, relax, and wait until the pain subsided. As the migraine sufferers in our family have gotten older, the migraines have grown with us all both in frequency and intensity. When mine did the same, even if it was for days. I took my Fiorinal Tablets as prescribed and needed. I absolutely guarantee that Fiorinal was totally responsible for keeping me functional even through the pain.

March 27, 2012 8:11 PM

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): Great. Works everytime.

January 26, 2012 1:30 PM

Review by Never Leave Home With Out It:

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): I have had migraine's ever since I was 13 and I have tried tons of different medicines. A friend of my mom's said to try Fiorinal, I called my doctor and she called it in for me. My next migraine came and I took 1 pill and my migraine was over within 5 mins. This is the only medicine for me. I made a mistake and left the house without it and went shopping and I went through the perfume dept at a store and boom instant migraine came on. I did not catch it in time but once I got home I took 1 pill and 2hrs later took another and my migraine was gone. I Never Leave Home With Out It.

January 5, 2012 11:34 PM

Review by Rae Eunice:

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): Wonderful medicine: a miracle for bad headaches.

October 23, 2011 1:16 AM

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): Works for many migraines, but sometimes I have really awful ones, and for those I need a stronger medicine. I use a combination pill that includes codeine.

October 7, 2011 10:40 AM

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): I have used Fiorinal since I was 18 and am 61 now. It is the only medicine that works for me and my headaches. Over the years the doctors have tried every medicine on the market on me, some gave me terrible side effects and the Fiorinal doesn't. After years of taking it I find I have to be careful not to abuse it and use it for something other than headache, like a sleeping pill or back pain. I am aware of how much I am taking and have regular visits with my doctor so he is on top of things as well. For me I won't take anything other than Fiorinal for migraine.

August 1, 2011 12:24 AM

Review by Dawn in PA:

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): Most of the time this works wonders.

March 23, 2011 2:18 PM

Review by BOWIEFRK:

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): I've had chronic migraines since 1984, almost on a daily basis. I've used almost every migraine medicine ever made. The "fiorcet", and "fiorcet with codiene" are the only 2 that have ever given me any relief.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2011 9:10 AM

Review by Pat621:

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): Fiorinal has helped my Migraines better than anything else I have tried. I have not had any side effects at all.

January 13, 2011 1:29 AM

Review by TMWP:

I have had migraines for 10 years, since I was 14. I have been on several preventative medications but finally found a combination that works. I currently take 25 mg of Topamax in the morning and 50 mg of Topamax at night. After all my years of seeing a neuorologist my family Doctor wrote a script for the Butalbital Compound and it has changed my life! I can take 2 when I start getting the aura and usually knock it out. If the migraine is too much for that to handle I'll take a Norco and lay down in a dark room. Overall this combo has really changed my life. Love this medicine.

November 17, 2010 10:23 AM