User Reviews for Aspirin / butalbital / caffeine

Also known as: Butalbital Compound, Farbital, Fiorinal, Fiormor, Fiortal, Fortabs, Idenal, Laniroif

Learn more about Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine.

Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine Review Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 85 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine to treat Migraine

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "Wonder stuff wIth little to no side effects IF taken at migraine onset! So important and I can not stress enough that it must be taken immediately! If it hasn't worked for you ask yourself if you waited too long before taking it. I carry it with me every where because i never know when I'll need it. Sometimes I'm stupid and think, "I'll just try and tough it out, I don't want to waste the good stuff.... " So dumb, last time I ended up with a three day migraine that I could have prevented. I wasted like 8 pills trying to manage it, whereas two at onset would have eradicated it altogether. Note: these still help to reduce the pain of an existing migraine better than anything else I've tried, but I'm am still cooped up in my room avoiding light, sounds and all stimuli that might make it worse."

Autter December 3, 2014

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "Only medication that has helped the pain and still be able to function."

JuneEJ October 14, 2014

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "Fantastic for my migraines."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2014

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "I have had migraines ever since I was about 19. They have gotten worse over the years and I have tried everything over the counter. I recently went home because of a sick relative. I woke up @ 2 a.m. with one if the worse migraines of my life. Vomiting all day. My step father gave me a Fiorinal. And within 15 mins it was gone. I just went to my physician. And he prescribed it for me. I pray it continues to work."

ramsgirl58 (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2014

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "Besides being effective, the best thing about Fiorinal is it's lack of side effects. Regardless of the amount taken during a particular episode I have never experienced any effect other than fairly quick relief."

maxcarr (taken for 10 years or more) July 26, 2014

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "I took two of these for a migraine and it just made it worse."

soulless June 20, 2014

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "Living with a brain tumor and suffering for years with blinding migraines IT IS THE SINGLE ONLY THING THAT RIDS MY MIGRAINES! I ONLY relay on it when the pain is so intense I am bedridden. I use about 80 pills per year. It usually always works if Exederin does not. No nausea or vomiting like with other expensive migraine so called wonder medicines! No bad drowsiness either! It is a God send for my pain! I have found nothing else comparable."

Lynn R' March 1, 2014

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "I have been using Fiorinal C1/2 for the past 25-30 years controlled by my doctor. It's an amazing, amazing medicine. I take it and my migraine goes away most of the time on the first dose. I have tried many other migraine meds and it seems I cannot take any of the Triptans as they make me throw up immediately upon taking them. I wish I could take something else but Fiorinal is all there is. Please DO NOT stop making it! There are plenty of us out here who rely on it to carry on our daily lives. Please start making it again. Thank you."

TLC67 (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2014

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "I have taken Fiorinol for years and years and it is the most effective med I have ever found...who ever designed this medication I owe a debt of gratitude ...I will say that I can take one just one pill and in 20 minutes my pain is gone...I swear by this drug ....I just asked my doc for a refill and he now informs me it's not available...I have kaiser coverage and think that this is kaisers doing not that the med is no longer available...I will be very upset as this script works and works well and I don't take it on a regular basis a have no addiction to it but need it when I need it!!!"

Rlntlys (taken for 10 years or more) November 2, 2013

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "Fiorinal is a miracle when it comes to strong headaches and migraines. Nurofen Plus won't work for me on a migraine but take 2 Fiorinal, sleep it off and its gone."

Fiorinal works when others don't October 3, 2013

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "This is my old faithful! Works fairly quickly and takes the pain away almost completely...most doctors don't give you more than 15-20 and if you run into a spell that's longer than a few days, then they want you to try something else."

Hauteracer (taken for 10 years or more) April 17, 2013

"Takes the edge off and stops the escalation of pain. Nothing makes my migraines go away but this allows me to function."

Eisaak (taken for 10 years or more) March 23, 2013

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "Wonderful as long as you take it at onset. I also use Imitrex. Daily."

Penny G January 23, 2013

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "Great for migraine. Haven't found anything better than it so far except Stadol, Demerol or Nubain, which we all know no one can function daily on those other meds."

JJMCOOL1974 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 13, 2012

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "If migraine is caught at first onset. This medicine absolutely works wonders!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 7, 2012

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "very good"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 6, 2012

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "After years of being on this medication my doctor refused to refill the prescription due to addiction side effects. This medication works so well and as stated by many works fast and allows you to function or sleep off a migraine. I have never had rebound headaches, cravings, or a single migraine that did not respond to this medication. I have been on a controlled and managed dose for many years and have never experienced the need for more or a need to use it for anything other than debilitating migraines. I have NEVER experienced a negative reaction in any way using this medicine responsibly under the supervision of a physician. As I said I have been using Fiorinal since the 80's. "

Stonefish April 18, 2012

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "Migraines, being on both sides of my family, began for me as a child. My Aunt gave me 2 Fiorinal Tablets in 1970 when I was seventeen as I suffered one of the worst migraines I'd ever had. The pain was gone within 35 minutes. Now I would take two, relax, and wait until the pain subsided. As the migraine sufferers in our family have gotten older, the migraines have grown with us all both in frequency and intensity. When mine did the same, even if it was for days. I took my Fiorinal Tablets as prescribed and needed. I absolutely guarantee that Fiorinal was totally responsible for keeping me functional even through the pain."

Bobby C. March 27, 2012

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "Great. Works everytime."

Anonymous January 26, 2012

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "I have had migraine's ever since I was 13 and I have tried tons of different medicines. A friend of my mom's said to try Fiorinal, I called my doctor and she called it in for me. My next migraine came and I took 1 pill and my migraine was over within 5 mins. This is the only medicine for me. I made a mistake and left the house without it and went shopping and I went through the perfume dept at a store and boom instant migraine came on. I did not catch it in time but once I got home I took 1 pill and 2hrs later took another and my migraine was gone. I Never Leave Home With Out It."

Never Leave Home With Out It January 5, 2012

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "Wonderful medicine: a miracle for bad headaches."

Rae Eunice October 23, 2011

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "Works for many migraines, but sometimes I have really awful ones, and for those I need a stronger medicine. I use a combination pill that includes codeine."

Anonymous October 7, 2011

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "I have used Fiorinal since I was 18 and am 61 now. It is the only medicine that works for me and my headaches. Over the years the doctors have tried every medicine on the market on me, some gave me terrible side effects and the Fiorinal doesn't. After years of taking it I find I have to be careful not to abuse it and use it for something other than headache, like a sleeping pill or back pain. I am aware of how much I am taking and have regular visits with my doctor so he is on top of things as well. For me I won't take anything other than Fiorinal for migraine."

Anonymous August 1, 2011

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "Most of the time this works wonders. "

Dawn in PA March 23, 2011

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): "I've had chronic migraines since 1984, almost on a daily basis. I've used almost every migraine medicine ever made. The "fiorcet", and "fiorcet with codiene" are the only 2 that have ever given me any relief."

BOWIEFRK January 20, 2011