User Reviews for Fiorinal

Learn more about Fiorinal.

Fiorinal review summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Fiorinal to treat Migraine

Review by ramsgirl58 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have had migraines ever since I was about 19. They have gotten worse over the years and I have tried everything over the counter. I recently went home because of a sick relative. I woke up @ 2 a.m. with one if the worse migraines of my life. Vomiting all day. My step father gave me a Fiorinal. And within 15 mins it was gone. I just went to my physician. And he prescribed it for me. I pray it continues to work.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2014 10:06 AM

Review by maxcarr (taken for 10 years or more):

Besides being effective, the best thing about Fiorinal is it's lack of side effects. Regardless of the amount taken during a particular episode I have never experienced any effect other than fairly quick relief.

July 26, 2014 11:07 AM

Review by soulless:

I took two of these for a migraine and it just made it worse.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 20, 2014 7:10 AM

Review by Lynn R':

Living with a brain tumor and suffering for years with blinding migraines IT IS THE SINGLE ONLY THING THAT RIDS MY MIGRAINES! I ONLY relay on it when the pain is so intense I am bedridden. I use about 80 pills per year. It usually always works if Exederin does not. No nausea or vomiting like with other expensive migraine so called wonder medicines! No bad drowsiness either! It is a God send for my pain! I have found nothing else comparable.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2014 5:24 PM

Review by TLC67 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been using Fiorinal C1/2 for the past 25-30 years controlled by my doctor. It's an amazing, amazing medicine. I take it and my migraine goes away most of the time on the first dose. I have tried many other migraine meds and it seems I cannot take any of the Triptans as they make me throw up immediately upon taking them. I wish I could take something else but Fiorinal is all there is. Please DO NOT stop making it! There are plenty of us out here who rely on it to carry on our daily lives. Please start making it again. Thank you.

February 14, 2014 2:57 PM

Review by Rlntlys (taken for 10 years or more):

I have taken Fiorinol for years and years and it is the most effective med I have ever found...who ever designed this medication I owe a debt of gratitude ...I will say that I can take one just one pill and in 20 minutes my pain is gone...I swear by this drug ....I just asked my doc for a refill and he now informs me it's not available...I have kaiser coverage and think that this is kaisers doing not that the med is no longer available...I will be very upset as this script works and works well and I don't take it on a regular basis a have no addiction to it but need it when I need it!!!

November 2, 2013 11:55 PM

Review by Fiorinal works when others don't:

Fiorinal is a miracle when it comes to strong headaches and migraines. Nurofen Plus won't work for me on a migraine but take 2 Fiorinal, sleep it off and its gone.

October 3, 2013 2:12 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

very good

October 6, 2012 6:30 PM

Review by Stonefish:

After years of being on this medication my doctor refused to refill the prescription due to addiction side effects. This medication works so well and as stated by many works fast and allows you to function or sleep off a migraine. I have never had rebound headaches, cravings, or a single migraine that did not respond to this medication. I have been on a controlled and managed dose for many years and have never experienced the need for more or a need to use it for anything other than debilitating migraines. I have NEVER experienced a negative reaction in any way using this medicine responsibly under the supervision of a physician. As I said I have been using Fiorinal since the 80's.

April 18, 2012 11:37 AM

Review by Bobby C.:

Migraines, being on both sides of my family, began for me as a child. My Aunt gave me 2 Fiorinal Tablets in 1970 when I was seventeen as I suffered one of the worst migraines I'd ever had. The pain was gone within 35 minutes. Now I would take two, relax, and wait until the pain subsided. As the migraine sufferers in our family have gotten older, the migraines have grown with us all both in frequency and intensity. When mine did the same, even if it was for days. I took my Fiorinal Tablets as prescribed and needed. I absolutely guarantee that Fiorinal was totally responsible for keeping me functional even through the pain.

March 27, 2012 8:11 PM

Great. Works everytime.

January 26, 2012 1:30 PM

Review by Never Leave Home With Out It:

I have had migraine's ever since I was 13 and I have tried tons of different medicines. A friend of my mom's said to try Fiorinal, I called my doctor and she called it in for me. My next migraine came and I took 1 pill and my migraine was over within 5 mins. This is the only medicine for me. I made a mistake and left the house without it and went shopping and I went through the perfume dept at a store and boom instant migraine came on. I did not catch it in time but once I got home I took 1 pill and 2hrs later took another and my migraine was gone. I Never Leave Home With Out It.

January 5, 2012 11:34 PM

Review by Rae Eunice:

Wonderful medicine: a miracle for bad headaches.

October 23, 2011 1:16 AM

Works for many migraines, but sometimes I have really awful ones, and for those I need a stronger medicine. I use a combination pill that includes codeine.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2011 10:40 AM

I have used Fiorinal since I was 18 and am 61 now. It is the only medicine that works for me and my headaches. Over the years the doctors have tried every medicine on the market on me, some gave me terrible side effects and the Fiorinal doesn't. After years of taking it I find I have to be careful not to abuse it and use it for something other than headache, like a sleeping pill or back pain. I am aware of how much I am taking and have regular visits with my doctor so he is on top of things as well. For me I won't take anything other than Fiorinal for migraine.

August 1, 2011 12:24 AM

Review by Dawn in PA:

Most of the time this works wonders.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2011 2:18 PM

Review by BOWIEFRK:

I've had chronic migraines since 1984, almost on a daily basis. I've used almost every migraine medicine ever made. The "fiorcet", and "fiorcet with codiene" are the only 2 that have ever given me any relief.

January 20, 2011 9:10 AM

Review by Pat621:

Fiorinal has helped my Migraines better than anything else I have tried. I have not had any side effects at all.

January 13, 2011 1:29 AM

Review by DenisL:

I'm 53 and have migraines since I'm 15. My doctor made me try a lot of medication over the years, including the Triptans and I had to go a couple of times to the hospital (urgency). Nothing worked until my doctor gave me Fiorinal. I'm using Fiorinal for 20 years now and it works fine. I have less migraines today.

January 9, 2010 2:43 AM

This has been the only drug I have been prescribed that has actually helped with my migraines. I have been on it for a couple of years now and it is not as effective for me as it once was and the side effects sometimes make me feel off for the rest of the day, but I have always thought that the side effects were better then the pain of the migraine. It is the only one that that has worked for me so my go to drug.

January 8, 2010 9:38 AM

The only medicine that has helped me.

September 20, 2009 10:46 AM

Review by jef9:

I have used this medication since the late 80's for migraines and it works wonders. I have tried other medication and nothing works as well and fast as Fiorinal.

September 14, 2009 1:24 PM

I have been getting these nasty migraines for sometime now, and not even three percocet's work on it! I called the doctor last night and she called in a prescription for Fiorinal. I went and picked it up and took one tablet and within 1/2 I had some relief, then finally 1 later no migraine! Yesterdays migraine started at 1 pm and lasted until about 8 pm. I am still neutral about this drug, however I don't have a migraine today so I think it might have worked! I would like to hear more relief/non-relief stories if possible.

September 11, 2009 11:12 AM

This medicine is frequently prescribed to me when I end up in the ER for a particularly bad migraine. It does very little for my headaches, dulls the pain a bit for several hours and then once it wears off, I'm back to square one. Not practical for me to take this one unless I have the day off from work.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 12, 2009 7:38 PM

This drug is phenomenal for migraines as long as you catch it early.

April 27, 2009 12:02 AM