User Reviews for Fiorinal

Learn more about Fiorinal.

Fiorinal Review Summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Fiorinal to treat Headache

"I've taken Fiorinal for about a year, initially it was great. One pill would totally knock out a headache. Little drowsy for about 30 minutes and I was good to go. Started having to increase the the number of times I take it about 4 months ago, started having abnormal vaginal bleeding; my doctor thinks it's the aspirin and the fact that I've had to take more. Aspirin is a blood thinner. I switched to Fioricet, same drug, but replaces the asprin with Tylenol. Back to normal now. Try Fioricet if Fiorinal dosen't work for you."

kismetangel (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 16, 2015

"I have had headaches since I was 13. I wake up with a headache and go to bed with a headache. I have been taking Fiorinal for approximately 25 years. It not only works on my migraines but also tension headaches. My doctor is very hesitant about prescribing this medication for fear of addiction but I know how to control how often and how much I take. I've tried many other prescription and over the counter medicines and Fiorinal is the only medicine that will get rid of my headaches with no side effects so I can function. It's very effective and should never be taken off the market or classified as a controlled substance."

Anonymous September 22, 2014

"I have used Fiorinal for over 30 years and like others try to use it sparingly. My goal is to only use it no more than 10 pills per month - usually less. It is the only thing that works for my headaches. I have tried all other over the counter medicine and they do nothing. I find that if I catch the headache early one pill will do the trick. However, if I wait too long it may not work. I have Fioricet for bad headaches but I don't like the side effects of the codeine. I rarely ever use it. The only bad thing with Fiorinal is that I can't take it at night because the caffeine will keep me awake. My pharmacist says that they may discontinue the drug in a few years - I hope not as I need it."

Bman51 (taken for 10 years or more) December 29, 2012

"I've been getting headaches most of my life. I started taking Fiorinal for the past 30 years. I find it to be a "miracle" for my headaches as long as I take it when I feel the headache starting. If I wait until the headache develops, it takes longer to work, but the headache does go away."

Anonymous March 18, 2012

"Headache treatment is different for everybody, but this is the only medicine that has ever worked for me. It gets rid of the headache 95% of the time!"

Anonymous July 28, 2011

"Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't on my tension headaches. Seems to work better than Aspirin and Caffeine alone, but not by much."

Anonymous November 25, 2009

"Felt like the headache was squeezed out of my head."

Anonymous November 13, 2009

"This drug works wonders on my headaches!"

Tamma November 7, 2009

"I have been using this medication for my complex tension headaches for 2 years now. I have a condition that causes chronic muscle spasms/trigger points in my upper back, shoulders, and neck. In turn the spasms start a chain reaction which results in severe headaches. This is the only medication that has successfully relieved my pain, and it does it without any adverse effects, and very quickly. 2 capsules, either at the same time or within an hour of each other, and the pain is on its way and I am able to move and turn my head again."

Anonymous November 6, 2009

"I have used Fiorinal for 31 years. I use it sparingly, so as not to develop any resistance to it (I don't want my body to not respond to it). It works wonderfully on my headaches ... I can take 2 caps, lie down in a dark room for 20-30 minutes and my headache is gone. I have found that I take less medication when I take 2 at a time. If I take only 1 capsule, I will have to take at least 2 more doses ... and wait 4 hrs between doses ... before the headache is gone. This way, the headache is gone quickly and I use the minimum amount of Fiorinal."

Anonymous September 22, 2009

"Fiorinal is the ONLY pain medicine that will help my headache to any degree of satisfaction. Thanking God for it."

Anonymous August 27, 2009

"I start taking this medicine about 7 years ago. I used to have this very bad headaches and my Doctor kept giving me others medicines that never worked, at that time my husband had a prescription for Fiorinal to cure his tention headaches and one day when I was in a very bad shape, he suggested me to have one. After 1/2 hour I start felling the release. Since then I have my own prescription. It worked wonderful for me and my husband (we are both professionals and very busy at work)."

Anonymous August 26, 2009

"This medication works great for my tension headaches. I only need them once or twice a week; taking two relieves the headache or at least reduces it so much that it does not bother me."

Anonymous May 21, 2009

"Fiorinal works on my headaches when nothing else would. I have not noticed any side effects. Recommend it highly for those pesky tension headaches"

Anonymous February 10, 2009