Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Fiorinal

Learn more about Fiorinal.

Fiorinal review summary

9.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 283 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Fiorinal to treat Headache

Review by Bman51 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

I have used Fiorinal for over 30 years and like others try to use it sparingly. My goal is to only use it no more than 10 pills per month - usually less. It is the only thing that works for my headaches. I have tried all other over the counter medicine and they do nothing. I find that if I catch the headache early one pill will do the trick. However, if I wait too long it may not work. I have Fioricet for bad headaches but I don't like the side effects of the codeine. I rarely ever use it. The only bad thing with Fiorinal is that I can't take it at night because the caffeine will keep me awake. My pharmacist says that they may discontinue the drug in a few years - I hope not as I need it.

December 29, 2012 2:57 PM

I've been getting headaches most of my life. I started taking Fiorinal for the past 30 years. I find it to be a "miracle" for my headaches as long as I take it when I feel the headache starting. If I wait until the headache develops, it takes longer to work, but the headache does go away.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 18, 2012 4:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Headache treatment is different for everybody, but this is the only medicine that has ever worked for me. It gets rid of the headache 95% of the time!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 28, 2011 5:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't on my tension headaches. Seems to work better than Aspirin and Caffeine alone, but not by much.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 25, 2009 3:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Felt like the headache was squeezed out of my head.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 13, 2009 5:52 PM
Review by Tamma: User Rating:

This drug works wonders on my headaches!

November 7, 2009 9:57 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have been using this medication for my complex tension headaches for 2 years now. I have a condition that causes chronic muscle spasms/trigger points in my upper back, shoulders, and neck. In turn the spasms start a chain reaction which results in severe headaches. This is the only medication that has successfully relieved my pain, and it does it without any adverse effects, and very quickly. 2 capsules, either at the same time or within an hour of each other, and the pain is on its way and I am able to move and turn my head again.

November 6, 2009 2:59 PM

I have used Fiorinal for 31 years. I use it sparingly, so as not to develop any resistance to it (I don't want my body to not respond to it). It works wonderfully on my headaches ... I can take 2 caps, lie down in a dark room for 20-30 minutes and my headache is gone. I have found that I take less medication when I take 2 at a time. If I take only 1 capsule, I will have to take at least 2 more doses ... and wait 4 hrs between doses ... before the headache is gone. This way, the headache is gone quickly and I use the minimum amount of Fiorinal.

September 22, 2009 5:22 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Fiorinal is the ONLY pain medicine that will help my headache to any degree of satisfaction. Thanking God for it.

August 27, 2009 8:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I start taking this medicine about 7 years ago. I used to have this very bad headaches and my Doctor kept giving me others medicines that never worked, at that time my husband had a prescription for Fiorinal to cure his tention headaches and one day when I was in a very bad shape, he suggested me to have one. After 1/2 hour I start felling the release. Since then I have my own prescription. It worked wonderful for me and my husband (we are both professionals and very busy at work).

August 26, 2009 9:26 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This medication works great for my tension headaches. I only need them once or twice a week; taking two relieves the headache or at least reduces it so much that it does not bother me.

May 21, 2009 5:21 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Fiorinal works on my headaches when nothing else would. I have not noticed any side effects. Recommend it highly for those pesky tension headaches

February 10, 2009 3:19 PM