User Reviews for Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine

Also known as: Butalbital Compound, Farbital, Fiorinal, Fiormor, Fiortal, Fortabs, Idenal, Laniroif

Learn more about Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine.

Headache 14 reviews 236 medications

8.5
Summary of Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine reviews 57 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine

Review by JuneEJ:

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: Only medication that has helped the pain and still be able to function.

October 14, 2014 8:08 PM

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: I have had headaches since I was 13. I wake up with a headache and go to bed with a headache. I have been taking Fiorinal for approximately 25 years. It not only works on my migraines but also tension headaches. My doctor is very hesitant about prescribing this medication for fear of addiction but I know how to control how often and how much I take. I've tried many other prescription and over the counter medicines and Fiorinal is the only medicine that will get rid of my headaches with no side effects so I can function. It's very effective and should never be taken off the market or classified as a controlled substance.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2014 11:56 AM

Review by jomikey06 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Pain: I've used this for sometime now and it always stops my headaches and back pain.

August 14, 2014 8:39 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: Fantastic for my migraines.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2014 12:41 PM

Review by ramsgirl58 (taken for less than 1 month):

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: I have had migraines ever since I was about 19. They have gotten worse over the years and I have tried everything over the counter. I recently went home because of a sick relative. I woke up @ 2 a.m. with one if the worse migraines of my life. Vomiting all day. My step father gave me a Fiorinal. And within 15 mins it was gone. I just went to my physician. And he prescribed it for me. I pray it continues to work.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2014 10:06 AM

Review by maxcarr (taken for 10 years or more):

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: Besides being effective, the best thing about Fiorinal is it's lack of side effects. Regardless of the amount taken during a particular episode I have never experienced any effect other than fairly quick relief.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 11:07 AM

Review by soulless:

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: I took two of these for a migraine and it just made it worse.

June 20, 2014 7:10 AM

Review by Mrs Mann:

Farbital (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Pain: I have taken this off and on for headaches/migraines over the past ten years, going months between needing it. It was not addictive even when taken daily for several months because of hormonally aggregated headaches, but provided substantial relief versus Over The Counter meds.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2014 2:36 AM

Review by Lynn R':

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: Living with a brain tumor and suffering for years with blinding migraines IT IS THE SINGLE ONLY THING THAT RIDS MY MIGRAINES! I ONLY relay on it when the pain is so intense I am bedridden. I use about 80 pills per year. It usually always works if Exederin does not. No nausea or vomiting like with other expensive migraine so called wonder medicines! No bad drowsiness either! It is a God send for my pain! I have found nothing else comparable.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2014 5:24 PM

Review by TLC67 (taken for less than 1 month):

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: I have been using Fiorinal C1/2 for the past 25-30 years controlled by my doctor. It's an amazing, amazing medicine. I take it and my migraine goes away most of the time on the first dose. I have tried many other migraine meds and it seems I cannot take any of the Triptans as they make me throw up immediately upon taking them. I wish I could take something else but Fiorinal is all there is. Please DO NOT stop making it! There are plenty of us out here who rely on it to carry on our daily lives. Please start making it again. Thank you.

February 14, 2014 2:57 PM

Review by Rlntlys (taken for 10 years or more):

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: I have taken Fiorinol for years and years and it is the most effective med I have ever found...who ever designed this medication I owe a debt of gratitude ...I will say that I can take one just one pill and in 20 minutes my pain is gone...I swear by this drug ....I just asked my doc for a refill and he now informs me it's not available...I have kaiser coverage and think that this is kaisers doing not that the med is no longer available...I will be very upset as this script works and works well and I don't take it on a regular basis a have no addiction to it but need it when I need it!!!

November 2, 2013 11:55 PM

Review by Fiorinal works when others don't:

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: Fiorinal is a miracle when it comes to strong headaches and migraines. Nurofen Plus won't work for me on a migraine but take 2 Fiorinal, sleep it off and its gone.

October 3, 2013 2:12 AM

Review by Hauteracer (taken for 10 years or more):

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: This is my old faithful! Works fairly quickly and takes the pain away almost completely...most doctors don't give you more than 15-20 and if you run into a spell that's longer than a few days, then they want you to try something else.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2013 10:27 PM

Review by Eisaak (taken for 10 years or more):

For Migraine: Takes the edge off and stops the escalation of pain. Nothing makes my migraines go away but this allows me to function.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2013 3:56 PM

Review by Penny G:

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: Wonderful as long as you take it at onset. I also use Imitrex. Daily.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2013 7:57 PM

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: Have been getting migraines for ten yrs or more. Migraines run in my family. This medication is the only one I have found that gets rid of the migraine to where you can be functional.

January 19, 2013 7:19 PM

Review by Bman51 (taken for 10 years or more):

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: I have used Fiorinal for over 30 years and like others try to use it sparingly. My goal is to only use it no more than 10 pills per month - usually less. It is the only thing that works for my headaches. I have tried all other over the counter medicine and they do nothing. I find that if I catch the headache early one pill will do the trick. However, if I wait too long it may not work. I have Fioricet for bad headaches but I don't like the side effects of the codeine. I rarely ever use it. The only bad thing with Fiorinal is that I can't take it at night because the caffeine will keep me awake. My pharmacist says that they may discontinue the drug in a few years - I hope not as I need it.

December 29, 2012 2:57 PM

Review by JJMCOOL1974 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: Great for migraine. Haven't found anything better than it so far except Stadol, Demerol or Nubain, which we all know no one can function daily on those other meds.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2012 11:31 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: If migraine is caught at first onset. This medicine absolutely works wonders!

October 7, 2012 2:06 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: very good

October 6, 2012 6:30 PM

Review by debbie1110 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For : I have thoracic nerve-spur left side past 18 years and other neurologic conditions as nerve damage from shingles after radiation and seven pinched nerves spine with 75% left side paralysis this is the only medication that has worked for me allowing me to tolerate pain. After six years taking opiates, as codeine, hydrocodone, Demerol and cortisone daily 2 years of completed rehab for opiates only taking Anacin still suffered with this condition. Found neurologist for treatment with this product only daily avg every 8 hours, now only occasional requirement of opiates only six a month avg compared to 6 daily for 5 years (prior) when severe strain. Normally after 5 days and severe pain I will experience thoracic nerve spasms without medicine.

September 19, 2012 2:48 PM

Review by MNmigrainefree (taken for 10 years or more):

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Pain: I have been prescribed Fiorinal for the past 20 years, and as many others have stated, it is indeed a miracle. NOTHING else works as well (if at all) as Fiorinal. It is unfortunate that so many physicians are reluctant to prescribe it, always citing their fear of addiction. While there is most definitely a dependence that can result, it should not (in my opinion) be lumped into the abused substances category for those of us who use it according to our doctor's prescription.

August 22, 2012 2:40 PM

Review by Stonefish:

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: After years of being on this medication my doctor refused to refill the prescription due to addiction side effects. This medication works so well and as stated by many works fast and allows you to function or sleep off a migraine. I have never had rebound headaches, cravings, or a single migraine that did not respond to this medication. I have been on a controlled and managed dose for many years and have never experienced the need for more or a need to use it for anything other than debilitating migraines. I have NEVER experienced a negative reaction in any way using this medicine responsibly under the supervision of a physician. As I said I have been using Fiorinal since the 80's.

April 18, 2012 11:37 AM

Review by Bobby C.:

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: Migraines, being on both sides of my family, began for me as a child. My Aunt gave me 2 Fiorinal Tablets in 1970 when I was seventeen as I suffered one of the worst migraines I'd ever had. The pain was gone within 35 minutes. Now I would take two, relax, and wait until the pain subsided. As the migraine sufferers in our family have gotten older, the migraines have grown with us all both in frequency and intensity. When mine did the same, even if it was for days. I took my Fiorinal Tablets as prescribed and needed. I absolutely guarantee that Fiorinal was totally responsible for keeping me functional even through the pain.

March 27, 2012 8:11 PM

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: I've been getting headaches most of my life. I started taking Fiorinal for the past 30 years. I find it to be a "miracle" for my headaches as long as I take it when I feel the headache starting. If I wait until the headache develops, it takes longer to work, but the headache does go away.

March 18, 2012 4:13 PM