User Reviews for Aspirin / butalbital / caffeine

Also known as: Butalbital Compound, Farbital, Fiorinal, Fiormor, Fiortal, Fortabs, Idenal, Laniroif

Learn more about Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine.

Headache 16 reviews 239 medications

9.4
Pain 7 reviews 1059 medications

9.2
Migraine 42 reviews 72 medications

8.2
Summary of Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine reviews 65 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "November 2015, I saw my doctor about headaches - he saw a correlation to 'a stubborn cold' which I did not have active signs of and suggested OTC meds or later prescribe meds with steroids. The major problem with my 'bad' headaches diminished until a week before Christmas - migraines, not just bad headaches. On Wednesday, 1/6/2016, I went to an emergency clinic and was prescribed Fiorinal, specifically to address migraines. Any time my headaches were severe, I ate and took two Fiorinals. The pills did nothing to diminish my headaches. Instead, I napped often with a blindfold. Today, 1/11/2016, I took two before work. I rated my migraine at 7-8 out of 10 (high pain). At work, took 1 OTC (brand name) Migraine pill; rate a 4."

Topher6262 January 12, 2016

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I have been taking Fiorinol for 50 years for bad headaches...It has been a lifesaver for me, and nips the headaches in the bud, before they lead to extreme nausea and taking to my bed. Unfortunately the generic does not work for me, and it has been increasingly difficult to get Fiorinol as the price has gone up dramatically lately. My insurance covers none of it. What can I do?? Help!!!"

Rachaels88 December 6, 2015

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "I have suffered with migraines since elementary school. I am now 23. I finally got a doctor to prescribe me a perscription. I have taken fiorinal for about 3 weeks now. It is not helping at all. Putting a heating pad on my head works better than it does. Hopefully I can try something else."

GxldBella (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2015

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "I have suffered from migraines since I was in grade school; I'm now 40. I didn't know about treatments until I started college. Midrin had worked wonders for me for years...and then it stopped. Fiorinal and many of the triptans did not compare; they took longer to take effect and I could not deal with some of the side effects. I have started seeing a well-known neurologist who has finally gotten me on the right treatment (topiramate to help control the frequency of migraines and Relpax to help at onset of migraine attack). It feels so good to actually have normal days!"

Rae68 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2015

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "I've had migraines for 40 years. This works 9 out of 10 times, usually in about 20 minutes. Occasionally I've had to take a second pill or dose, but 1 pill almost always does the trick. The other 10 % of the times I use Maxalt or its generic form. My insurance has recently dropped coverage for this inexpensive, very effective drug. I'm not happy and plan to appeal for coverage."

Mathrookie (taken for 10 years or more) September 11, 2015

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I've taken Fiorinal for about a year, initially it was great. One pill would totally knock out a headache. Little drowsy for about 30 minutes and I was good to go. Started having to increase the the number of times I take it about 4 months ago, started having abnormal vaginal bleeding; my doctor thinks it's the aspirin and the fact that I've had to take more. Aspirin is a blood thinner. I switched to Fioricet, same drug, but replaces the asprin with Tylenol. Back to normal now. Try Fioricet if Fiorinal dosen't work for you."

kismetangel (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 16, 2015

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Pain: "I have taken Fiorinal since I was 19 and I am 56 now, and it has helped not only with severe tension headaches but with toothaches, strep throat, and other pain over the years and I reccomend it to anybody suffering from headaches."

cindyjsparky March 26, 2015

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "Wonder stuff wIth little to no side effects IF taken at migraine onset! So important and I can not stress enough that it must be taken immediately! If it hasn't worked for you ask yourself if you waited too long before taking it. I carry it with me every where because i never know when I'll need it. Sometimes I'm stupid and think, "I'll just try and tough it out, I don't want to waste the good stuff.... " So dumb, last time I ended up with a three day migraine that I could have prevented. I wasted like 8 pills trying to manage it, whereas two at onset would have eradicated it altogether. Note: these still help to reduce the pain of an existing migraine better than anything else I've tried, but I'm am still cooped up in my room avoiding light, sounds and all stimuli that might make it worse."

Autter December 3, 2014

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "Only medication that has helped the pain and still be able to function."

JuneEJ October 14, 2014

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I have had headaches since I was 13. I wake up with a headache and go to bed with a headache. I have been taking Fiorinal for approximately 25 years. It not only works on my migraines but also tension headaches. My doctor is very hesitant about prescribing this medication for fear of addiction but I know how to control how often and how much I take. I've tried many other prescription and over the counter medicines and Fiorinal is the only medicine that will get rid of my headaches with no side effects so I can function. It's very effective and should never be taken off the market or classified as a controlled substance."

Anonymous September 22, 2014

For Pain: "I've used this for sometime now and it always stops my headaches and back pain."

jomikey06 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2014

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "Fantastic for my migraines."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2014

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "I have had migraines ever since I was about 19. They have gotten worse over the years and I have tried everything over the counter. I recently went home because of a sick relative. I woke up @ 2 a.m. with one if the worse migraines of my life. Vomiting all day. My step father gave me a Fiorinal. And within 15 mins it was gone. I just went to my physician. And he prescribed it for me. I pray it continues to work."

ramsgirl58 (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2014

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "Besides being effective, the best thing about Fiorinal is it's lack of side effects. Regardless of the amount taken during a particular episode I have never experienced any effect other than fairly quick relief."

maxcarr (taken for 10 years or more) July 26, 2014

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "I took two of these for a migraine and it just made it worse."

soulless June 20, 2014

Farbital (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Pain: "I have taken this off and on for headaches/migraines over the past ten years, going months between needing it. It was not addictive even when taken daily for several months because of hormonally aggregated headaches, but provided substantial relief versus Over The Counter meds."

Mrs Mann May 30, 2014

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "Living with a brain tumor and suffering for years with blinding migraines IT IS THE SINGLE ONLY THING THAT RIDS MY MIGRAINES! I ONLY relay on it when the pain is so intense I am bedridden. I use about 80 pills per year. It usually always works if Exederin does not. No nausea or vomiting like with other expensive migraine so called wonder medicines! No bad drowsiness either! It is a God send for my pain! I have found nothing else comparable."

Lynn R' March 1, 2014

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "I have been using Fiorinal C1/2 for the past 25-30 years controlled by my doctor. It's an amazing, amazing medicine. I take it and my migraine goes away most of the time on the first dose. I have tried many other migraine meds and it seems I cannot take any of the Triptans as they make me throw up immediately upon taking them. I wish I could take something else but Fiorinal is all there is. Please DO NOT stop making it! There are plenty of us out here who rely on it to carry on our daily lives. Please start making it again. Thank you."

TLC67 (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2014

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "I have taken Fiorinol for years and years and it is the most effective med I have ever found...who ever designed this medication I owe a debt of gratitude ...I will say that I can take one just one pill and in 20 minutes my pain is gone...I swear by this drug ....I just asked my doc for a refill and he now informs me it's not available...I have kaiser coverage and think that this is kaisers doing not that the med is no longer available...I will be very upset as this script works and works well and I don't take it on a regular basis a have no addiction to it but need it when I need it!!!"

Rlntlys (taken for 10 years or more) November 2, 2013

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "Fiorinal is a miracle when it comes to strong headaches and migraines. Nurofen Plus won't work for me on a migraine but take 2 Fiorinal, sleep it off and its gone."

Fiorinal works when others don't October 3, 2013

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "This is my old faithful! Works fairly quickly and takes the pain away almost completely...most doctors don't give you more than 15-20 and if you run into a spell that's longer than a few days, then they want you to try something else."

Hauteracer (taken for 10 years or more) April 17, 2013

For Migraine: "Takes the edge off and stops the escalation of pain. Nothing makes my migraines go away but this allows me to function."

Eisaak (taken for 10 years or more) March 23, 2013

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Migraine: "Wonderful as long as you take it at onset. I also use Imitrex. Daily."

Penny G January 23, 2013

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "Have been getting migraines for ten yrs or more. Migraines run in my family. This medication is the only one I have found that gets rid of the migraine to where you can be functional."

Anonymous January 19, 2013

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I have used Fiorinal for over 30 years and like others try to use it sparingly. My goal is to only use it no more than 10 pills per month - usually less. It is the only thing that works for my headaches. I have tried all other over the counter medicine and they do nothing. I find that if I catch the headache early one pill will do the trick. However, if I wait too long it may not work. I have Fioricet for bad headaches but I don't like the side effects of the codeine. I rarely ever use it. The only bad thing with Fiorinal is that I can't take it at night because the caffeine will keep me awake. My pharmacist says that they may discontinue the drug in a few years - I hope not as I need it."

Bman51 (taken for 10 years or more) December 29, 2012