User Reviews for Nuvigil

Learn more about Nuvigil.

Obstructive Sleep Ap...ypopnea Syndrome 27 reviews 2 medications

8.3
Shift Work Sleep Disorder 23 reviews 2 medications

7.2
Narcolepsy 66 reviews 15 medications

6.9
Summary of Nuvigil reviews 116 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Nuvigil

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder "My Neuro prescribed these for the Holy Trinity: MS Fatigue + Uhtoff's Penomenon + Ten Hour Grave Shifts. She suggested Provigil or Nuvigil. And after learning I work 10-hour shifts; went for Nuvigil because it lasts longer. I totally had the "Beginner's High." I was a little manic; but staying up through my shift with only a bit of body tiredness. I have an easier time doing my complex, brain-consuming job (Network Engineer). I can fall asleep on schedule, and stay down for the most part. As the drug has settled in; I'm not manic; but I am more upbeat and responsive. Overall, It's working. I sometimes have yawning fits, but I don't feel sleepy. Costs were reduced to $10/mo through Insurance (UHC) + Teva's Savings Program."

MS Grave (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2015

For Narcolepsy "I found myself sleeping all day against my will and it was depressing to be so unproductive. After I was accepted to vet school, I knew I needed to figure out why I was so tired all the time. I was diagnosed with narcolepsy without cataplexy. I immediately started Nuvigil in an attempt to get regulated before I started school. About a week in, I experienced anxiety, and a racing heart on a few different days. My symptoms soon subsided, and I found my quality of life drastically improved. I take it in the morning before class, and I was able to stay awake all day with very little problem. I still have good days and bad, but my worst day is still better than my life before it. I am so thankful for my doctor and Nuvigil."

Lindsey Lou August 16, 2015

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder "I had been on Modifinil for over a year when I noticed the effects reducing dramatically so my doctor switched me to Armodifinil and almost immediately after taking I felt very hostile and aggressive. I did not feel more refreshed or awake. I tried it for almost a week and the feeling of anger was still there so I quit taking it and am working with my doctors to find another solution."

depotguy26 July 27, 2015

For Narcolepsy "After being diagnosed at age 35, with narcolepsy and REM sleep behavior disorder my ENT put me on Nuvigil 150mg to help me stay awake during the day. I'll tell you what, it didn't do a darn thing. My kids actually said they thought it made me more tired. He then bumped it up to 250mg and I'd say it helped for an hour or so. It gave me horrible headaches, lock jaw and teeth grinding, pretty much no appetite, but the worst part of all had to be how bad it ALWAYS made my stomach hurt and how I felt like I was going to throw up most of the time. It definitely didn't help me and I'd still find myself falling asleep and needing a few naps each day. I also ended up losing 7 lbs in 3 weeks, which wasn't good for me since I'm already very thin."

Elle Sleepy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2015

"This medicine is as effective as Provigil or Modafanil but side effect of loose stool and diarrhea is not tolerable but Medicare leaves me no other option.I do not understand because all 3 drugs priced similar amount.Running to washroom constantly is this drugs worst side effect.My bodies G.I. tract is still not adjusting at 3 weeks."

Mr. Rand (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2015

For Narcolepsy "I have been taking Nuvigil for over a year. I'm on 250mg I have had no side effects. It only seems to last a few hours for me. Does anyone have any ideas?"

Speak25 May 1, 2015

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder "I am Software Engineer and working in It company. I am totally busy in my work day night to complete my projects. For every new project i need to spend extra time in my work, due to which i am not able to complete my sleep. It had bad impact on my work as it was difficult for me to stay active and fresh. Then i came to know about nuvigil from nuvigilshop site which helps me to become a normal person. It controls my excessive sleepiness and makes me energetic during work time. It helps to stay awake for around 40 hours. Now I am very happy that I can complete my every project with good concentration."

Daniel05 April 24, 2015

For Narcolepsy "My experience has been very positive: a complete elimination of sleep attacks, at least until the medication wears off (I take it at about 7 AM and usually around 2-3 PM I can tell it's worn off). When I first began the medication, I experienced fairly severe insomnia at night for a few days and suffered from headaches (generally dull, low-grade ones) for a couple of weeks. Those problems have long since ended and I have no trouble falling asleep at night. My doctor suggested not taking the medication on weekends, when I do not have to work, which seems to have helped prevent it from losing any effectiveness. I am fortunate enough to have had no trouble getting my insurance to pay for Nuvigil. My cost is $27 for a 3 month supply by mail."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2015

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome "I've been using Nuvigil (and Provigil before that) and it works well. As others before me have said, it's nice to not fall asleep in rhe middle of the day at work. That being said, I still don't get enough sleep, even with the CPAP. Lately I've been averaging under 6 hours a night, and at that rate, I still get sleepy at times. But, once the insurance company is convinced that I need the Nuvigil, they approve for a year at a time. If you have prescription drug coverage check out their website, because they have a discount card you can use to lower your costs even more, up to $50 off your co-pay. (excludes Medicare/Medicaid) This has saved me hundreds of dollars!"

madtay111 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 12, 2015

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome "For myself, I say it's been a wonder pill. All it does for me is it makes me normal after many years. Never knew it could be possible. Shift work, odd hours, 30 years of bad intermitant sleep? NOT NO MORE!"

MYSELF AND MYSELF (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2015

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder "Taking Nuvigil about 8 years for hypersomnia and SWD. It has greatly improved my quality of life. I was experiencing the insomnia that could result from this medicine, but once I found out the best time in my schedule to take it, insomnia is rarely an issue. I am grateful my doctor talked me into taking this medication so long ago."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 20, 2015

For Narcolepsy "I love it!! It really helps me stay awake during the day. The only bad this is that my insurance will not approve it so I am unable to get it."

dirishone61 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2015

For Narcolepsy "I started taking Nuvigil after having taken Adderall Xr for 4 years. I like Nuvigil better because there is no feeling of artificial energy. The only thing that that Adderall has over Nuvigil is that it lasted all day. I've experimented a little and I've found that if I take 1/2 of the pill about 1 to 1 1/2 an hour before I get my day starts and the other half at about 1 gets me through the day better than taking it all at once. Also even with my insurance and the savings card I still have to pay $89. It's worth it though."

Smooth_as_butter February 1, 2015

For Narcolepsy "This medicine works better than anything else I have taken!!! It is just expensive."

slcochran6 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 17, 2015

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder "I tried Nuvigil and Provigil years ago for obstructive sleep apnea because the CPAP machine didn't work. The trails of both medicines increased my anxiety and depression, and made me have suicidal ideations. Guess it doesn't work for everybody."

cherishs December 23, 2014

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder "My sleep doctor, I use a CPAP every night, gave me a sample to try as I work a "baby owl' shift from 5:00pm to 2:00 am. Best way to describe this medicine is a slow release caffeine pill. However, zero jitters and zero over active bladder. No buzz, no altered feelings of any kind. I can focus better with this in my system. If I can get a full six hours on my CPAP and take a 250mg pill an hour before my shift I can get my job done with an amazing amount of focus. My insurance was slow to cover, and even with them covering over half of the cost these little pills cost a bundle. Worth it for me, as I was spending close to the same amount per month on Red Bull and coffee."

Bus Driver (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 14, 2014

For ADHD "I GOT A 30 DAY SUPPLY OF 150 MG FOR FREE!!! It would have been $500 as I have no insurance. But my doc gave me a Nuvigil Savings Card!! Plus I get refills for $5! Can't believe my luck! So, please ask your doc for a card or coupon. It's good for both insured and uninsured. This promotion expires at the end of the year though. Not sure if they'll offer it in 2015. I've only been on it for two days but the results have been fantastic. I switched to this from Adderall, which gave me energy and made me more social but made me jittery and did not help with my concentration or organization. Nuvigil helps me stay focused, motivated and clear headed throughout the day."

RosyRabbit October 30, 2014

For Narcolepsy "This medicine kept me from sleeping the whole 5 days I was on it. My body just started to shut down and my eyes would just close but my mind would not let me go to sleep."

copeyswife (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2014

For Narcolepsy "I have been dealing with narcolepsy since 1992. Nuvigil was introduced to me in 2014, wonder pill all the way. Unfortunately with my insurance my out of pocket expense will run approximately $550 for a 30 day supply. So tell me do I feed my family of 5 or buy medicine. What a choice to have to make."

mjeappleby September 25, 2014

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder "I've taken Provigil in the past for over 8 years due to severe IBDH & shift sleep disorder. When Nuvigil came out on market, my neurologist gave me samples to try. I found it AMAZING & much cleaner version, as I don't notice significant side effects. Most importantly - the abrupt feelings when it first "kicked in" in the mornings and sudden halt from wide awake to severe sleepiness. Less agitated and very clean even transition from its predecessor Provigil!"

jthole (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 14, 2014

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome "I was undiagnosed with severe Otructive Sleep Apnea/Hyponea Syndrome for 10 years. I would sleep from 9 to 11 hours a night and was still tired. I also had terrible headache whenever I woke up. I had surgery for a deviated septum and had my uvula removed. CPAP was a huge improvement but I still woke up tired and foggy. Still had to nap during the day. My doctor and I fought for 2 years with the insurance company to get approved for Nuvigil. Without insurance I would have to pay $719 per month for 30 pills 150mg. With insurance my copay is $50. Since taking Nuvigil my life has changed for the better. I wake up without the fog and can stay active for 15 hours without taking a nap. Nuvigil gave me my life back!"

wpcj September 8, 2014

For Narcolepsy "I was diagnosed a year ago. I have cataplexy as well. I've been taking 250mg daily of Nuvigil for about 8 months and I'm very happy with it. The only complaint is that (as another person said) it doesn't last all day, I also crash out in the afternoon. If you have this problem I suggest eliminating idol time. I have noticed that if I keep myself busy I have no problem going through the day normally. I haven't experienced any side effects whatsoever. Most of the other medications may keep you awake all day, but seeing as the side effects can be devastating for many people, I'll take the extra effort to keep my idol time to a minimum and unlike the other medicines I've tried, I don't feel like I need a higher dose every 3 months."

Kmporter1985 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 10, 2014

For Narcolepsy "Works well at the right dose. I am not afraid to drive now and I don't zone out at work anymore. That being said it is really a shame that it is entirely too expensive and I won't be able to continue taking it. With my insurance, it is still about $190 per month or 3 house payments a year for me! WOW!"

laahenry (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 9, 2014

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome "After trying the CPAP machine for a short time, I had to resort to medication instead. I couldn't breath through my nose due to deviated septum, narrow nasal passages. CPAP was useless. It kept me awake at night, uncomfortable, dug into my nose.Surgery on nose 12/13 & breathing better, but still had issues staying awake at wrong times. Had to fight for Nuvigil and Insurance. Finally allowed 1yr, Whole pill, talk 2 much. 1/2pill not enough What to do? ... But great."

Obstructive Sleep Apnea (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2014

For Narcolepsy "I have been on Nuvigil for about 3 months now and see a little bit of difference. Previously I was on Ritalin which worked pretty much the same as Nuvigil. My doctor is currently giving me a trial period for 150mg once daily. I take one daily at 6-8 am and it lasts me till around noon. I then start to crash and when driving I still have a hard time staying awake. My doctor says it is because I need a higher dosage and will hopefully be starting that the next Drs visit. I highly recommend Nuvigil if you can afford it but if not Ritalin in my opinion works just as well."

Amberosy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2013