Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Nuvigil

Learn more about Nuvigil.

Obstructive Sleep Ap...ypopnea Syndrome 23 reviews 2 medications

6.8
Summary of Nuvigil reviews 94 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Nuvigil

Review by Amberosy (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: I have been on Nuvigil for about 3 months now and see a little bit of difference. Previously I was on Ritalin which worked pretty much the same as Nuvigil. My doctor is currently giving me a trial period for 150mg once daily. I take one daily at 6-8 am and it lasts me till around noon. I then start to crash and when driving I still have a hard time staying awake. My doctor says it is because I need a higher dosage and will hopefully be starting that the next Drs visit. I highly recommend Nuvigil if you can afford it but if not Ritalin in my opinion works just as well.

December 21, 2013 8:23 AM
Review by Luna24 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy about 18 months ago after battling constant fatigue no matter how much sleep I received at night or how many naps I took throughout the day. Nuvigil has changed my life! I take one pill daily, and I am able to live a normal life outside of the fog that I was constantly living in before my diagnosis. I had a lot of side effects when I first started taking Nuvigil which included headaches, dry mouth, cramping, nausea, loss of appetite, and dizziness, but those were nothing compared to being able to finally live my life fully for the first time! I felt like before I was swimming in murky water unable to see or function, and after the medication I can actually experience life and interact with people!

December 16, 2013 4:06 PM
Review by Kris214: User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: I have Idiopathic Hypersomnia with long sleep time. Before Nuvigil, I would sleep 16-20 hours per day, and nothing could keep me awake. This medicine has completely changed my life. I am on the highest dosage (250mg). At first, the medicine gave me a terrible headache and made me feel somewhat sick to my stomach. After about two to three weeks, the side effects almost completely subsided. I feel like a normal person now. I take the medicine early in the morning when my first alarm goes off. Sometimes, I fall back to sleep, or I can stay up and relax watching T.V or something. An hour or two later it is easy to wake. Energy throughout the day, and doesn't keep me up at night. This allows me to live "normally". I feel little to no side effects and get sleepy before bedtime, energized all day.

December 7, 2013 11:41 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil): Overall I'm doing better. I've lost weight and have more energy but my tongue is a bit swollen and mouth is dry and everything is very, very salty tasting. I have very vivid dreams but I'm able to sleep at night. I'm also on Latuda 40mgs at night. I have no desire to eat or drink and I'm not urinating a lot which has caused an infection and does not help with body pain. I will continue to take it because I'm able to work two jobs.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 30, 2013 10:18 AM
Review by TRWRN: User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: During a yearly checkup, my doctor impressively picked up on my sleep disorder (personally, I thought he was nuts; I felt it was just all the crazy stress in my life that made me want to sleep at any chance I got). Well, my sleep study came back severely abnormal. What?? Are you kidding me??? He was right! I was diagnosed with excessive daytime sleepiness/narcolepsy without cataplexy. Since then, I have been on Nuvigil 250mg. I cannot begin to tell you the difference it has made! The response was immediate for me, and I'm so glad I no longer have to sleep my days away! What an interesting field of medicine! I believe what they know about sleep now is just a scratch on the surface on how it impacts our health and well being.

November 19, 2013 5:25 PM
Review by kristibarb, wv (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: I've been on nuvigil 150mg for over a week now, I work rotating shifts at work five days a week. I have had several side effects that was not the best, however the benefit have outweighed the risk. I have noticed that I can actually stay awake and not have the overwhelming urge to sleep. Which to me is wonderful to able to funtion like a normal person again, I'm still tired though, but functioning, and at the end of the day that is all I can ask for!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 6, 2013 10:51 PM
Review by Sleep Apnea & Shift Worker (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: Have had sleep apnea for awhile and started using CPAP machine alone about 6 months before also adding Nuvigil. Nuvigil helps me get through my work shifts more effectively, especially when transitioning from working 3rd shift to having 3 days off and having to conform with a normal sleep pattern. I liken this medication to taking a 5 hr energy, but it is more effective and lasts longer. I still yawn, but my brain is fully alert and am able to concentrate like I haven't been able to in years. I'm quite impressed - only side effects have been minor headaches a few days a month and at first a slight nauseated feeling. No jitters or nervousness - love it! Insurance co-pay was $45.00 but the Nuvigil Rx Savings Card brought my co-pay down to $5.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 6, 2013 5:35 AM
Review by Firefighter Dave (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: I have been taking Nuvigil for a week and every day I get headaches and my eyes are sensitive to light. Overall I love feeling back to normal and not tired all the time. I have tried cutting my pills in 1/2 and 1/4s to stop the side effects no luck.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 19, 2013 10:13 PM
Review by DK2727: User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: I've been on Nuvigil for 4 years and it's stopped being as effective. I'm currently on 125 mg twice a day, and 37.5 mg Adipex twice a day. The Adipex has absolutely helped my weight (down 14 lbs in 15 days, 40lbs to go) but not much help with the wakefulness. I'm falling asleep in the afternoon and driving is a nightmare. It takes A LOT for insurance to cover. Without all the hoops my doctor has agreed to jump through, it would be $685 per month.

August 5, 2013 6:26 PM
Review by Watsonsrus8:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: I have been on Nuvigil for about one year. I have fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Before Nuvigil I couldn't stay awake. When I would have my morning coffee I would be fighting sleep. Although I am still very tired and weak I can stay awake for the entire day now. I feel this is the most important medicine I take. It works for both CFS and Fibromyalgia.

August 5, 2013 3:15 AM
Review by Tired John: User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: Shift work at plant. Medicine allows me to think at 2 am when my body is shutting down. This medicine is not magic. You will not have magical capabilities to learn and solve the worlds problems. But you may function somewhat normally as a person again. Do feel some euphoria an hour after taking.

July 3, 2013 5:53 AM
Review by Jade Aurora (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Hypersomnia: I've been fighting with sleep issues for 9 years now, and was just diagnosed with Idiopathic Hypersomnia this Wednesday. I've been taking 250mg/day of Nuvigil since Friday morning. The medication worked great during the day on Friday. I used to sleep somewhere between 12 - 18 hours per day, and would fall asleep any time. I was relaxed up until then. However, I couldn't sleep Friday night at all. Took it again Saturday morning after no sleep, and it dragged me through the day. Still couldn't force myself to sleep Saturday night. Finally slept 3 hours last night after experiencing hallucinations. Hoping I'll acclimate well after a few weeks, as Friday I felt better during the day than ever before. Want that feeling back again.

July 1, 2013 10:22 AM
Review by KamyMenapace: User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: I diagnosed myself after reading a pamphlet in the Doctors office the other day. It was like reading the story of my life for the last couple of years. She put me on Nuvigil and I'm currently on my second day of it. I've noticed a lot more awakeness and anxiety. Slight heart issues I think like racing from time to time and one severely sharp pain yesterday but otherwise I really feel much better. Too bad it's too late to save my marriage but at least I will be able to build a new life where before there would have been no way to cope. Wish me luck guys. I've had no headaches or jaw issues either.

June 8, 2013 12:18 PM
Review by Johnjr602: User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: I am an industrial electrician. I work rotating 12 hours. After enough time my body got used to it and I was able to make it through the nights and not feel awful. Then I heard a commercial for Nuvigil. So I figured I would give it a try. This is not a miracle. This won't give you special powers and a super intelligence. What it has allowed me to do was still be able to think when I couldn't before. At 3 in the morning when a problem presents itself I need to be able to think through it. I don't feel an energy rush like with a cup of coffee. I feel like a normal person again. I'm able to not feel lethargic every single minute I'm awake.

May 30, 2013 3:15 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: No negative effects and noticeable increase in brain function.

May 4, 2013 1:06 AM
Review by Justme (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: Was diagnosed with depression, then bi-polar, then bipolar narcolepsy. Cocktail I was on for well over a year was 5mg Abilify, 60mg Cymbalta and 250mg NuVigil. Recently came off the Abilify and I can't even explain how good I felt, not high, not mania, just that "finally, just me" feeling. I was content with life, at peace and for the first time in YEARS I was even happy! After a week of no Abilify we decided to begin weaning off the NuVigil. Been taking 150mg Nuvigil 60mg Cymbalta for a week now and feel horrible. Don't care about a thing, no motivation, tired, etc. Doc said give it a month. Hope I can last that long. I just want ME back, as does my wife and kids.

May 1, 2013 11:43 AM
Review by Disapointed (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: This medicine does a great job! I thought "wow" I've finally found something to help me make it through the night without side effects. Almost. On my second prescription I developed scattered hives. My Dr. Said take an antihistamine and try again, since it hadn't done this before. I thought that might work until I got hives in more and more places each time I took it (I only take it when needed). When I developed the hives in very personal places that's when I decided I have no choice but to not take it. I don't know why it took so long to cause an allergic reaction. I wish it didn't because it really does work great. I'm hoping to find something else that does same thing that I'm not allergic to.

April 22, 2013 4:22 PM
Review by DPac: User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: Nuvigil worked the first day and did nothing thereafter. I was using it to alleviate the sleepiness and lethargy from Zoloft.

April 14, 2013 9:39 AM
Review by BurtBurt: User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: Provigil then Nuvigil (slightly less expensive) helped save my life. Took Provigil first, switched to Nuvigil (same effect), for 6.5 years now. Day one value, no side effects as far as I know. Still same dose (250mg Nuvigil, equivalent of 200mg Provigil), never increased or decreased. Effect same today as day one. Note: I've been on a "cocktail": 20mg Lexapro and 1mg Klonopin daily, plus daily mindfulness meditation and weekly CBT. But 6.5 years of lovely life after 3 terrible episodes of major depression in under 6 years. Certainly have ups and downs, but not severe and brief. If I run out for a few days I'm grumpier, less resilient but Nuvigil greatly clarifies my thinking and energizes me. It's not for all, but miracle for me.

April 9, 2013 11:24 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: Works great, able to stay awake at work and able to sleep during the day.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 8, 2013 2:06 AM
Review by Onnie Rose: User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: I found Nuvigal to bring my life back from depression. Before Nuvigal I couldn't keep my eyes open and live my normal life with 3 boys! Now, after Nuvigal I can actually play with my kids and be a normal mother. I don't know where I would be without it. It really turned my life around for the best!

April 4, 2013 11:16 PM
Review by GMorocks71 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Fibromyalgia: I've have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, and neuro-musculoskeletal disease as well as Multiple Sclerosis and depression. I was told of Nuvigil by a friend who also suffers with MS and fibromyalgia. I found myself in a deep depression with so much pain I was sleeping 18 hrs a day. But since I've been on Nuvigil I am able to stay awake more alert and have been able to get my life back. It doesn't whack me out like Adderall did. I feel happier and more alert thanks to Nuvigil. This has been a wonderful experience and I thank my friend for suggesting it. What a life saver!

April 4, 2013 11:13 AM
Review by Stevecase: User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: I have OSAH and for the couple of years before this medicine- I couldn't drive more than 1 hour, or focus at work - I would fall asleep - regardless of the amount of sleep I got at night. My CPAP helped, but still dozed off during the day. Since Nuvigal things are better, but still have some sleepiness if I have a rough week of less than 8 hours of sleep at night. Insurance pays most, but THANK YOU to the manufacturer who helps cover a portion, or else it would be costly.

March 28, 2013 6:08 PM
Review by Biggersnook (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: I have had 4 back surgeries ( pins, screws, plates, etc.) and both of my hips replaced, all before turning 43. Before this, I earned a Ph.D., became a Prof. in Accounting was rewarded multitudes of student-awarded, colleague-awarded, and superiors-rewarded accollades. Then, with all the narcotics, opiods, hospitalizations, etc, tenure was literally jerked from my grasp, and I have been forced out of three other universities since. The depression of repeated recoveries from surgery and then med withdrawals and job losses drove me into extreme depression. Got the pain under control but it got to where I was in bed 6 of 7 days full-time. I was taking Cymbalta, but when my Dr. tried Nuvigil, it brought me back to the happiness I had known before.

March 8, 2013 8:33 PM
Review by Joan65 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: Nuvigil make me feel dizzy, tired and lazy. Nuvigil does dull appetite to the point of being forgetful on me, I will go back to Provigil.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate