User Reviews for Armodafinil

Also known as: Nuvigil

Learn more about Armodafinil.

ADHD 8 reviews 62 medications

Jet Lag 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Armodafinil reviews 199 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Armodafinil

Review by RosyRabbit:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for ADHD: I GOT A 30 DAY SUPPLY OF 150 MG FOR FREE!!! It would have been $500 as I have no insurance. But my doc gave me a Nuvigil Savings Card!! Plus I get refills for $5! Can't believe my luck! So, please ask your doc for a card or coupon. It's good for both insured and uninsured. This promotion expires at the end of the year though. Not sure if they'll offer it in 2015. I've only been on it for two days but the results have been fantastic. I switched to this from Adderall, which gave me energy and made me more social but made me jittery and did not help with my concentration or organization. Nuvigil helps me stay focused, motivated and clear headed throughout the day.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2014 7:22 PM

Review by copeyswife (taken for less than 1 month):

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: This medicine kept me from sleeping the whole 5 days I was on it. My body just started to shut down and my eyes would just close but my mind would not let me go to sleep.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2014 6:49 PM

Review by mjeappleby:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: I have been dealing with narcolepsy since 1992. Nuvigil was introduced to me in 2014, wonder pill all the way. Unfortunately with my insurance my out of pocket expense will run approximately $550 for a 30 day supply. So tell me do I feed my family of 5 or buy medicine. What a choice to have to make.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2014 12:05 PM

Review by jthole (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: I've taken Provigil in the past for over 8 years due to severe IBDH & shift sleep disorder. When Nuvigil came out on market, my neurologist gave me samples to try. I found it AMAZING & much cleaner version, as I don't notice significant side effects. Most importantly - the abrupt feelings when it first "kicked in" in the mornings and sudden halt from wide awake to severe sleepiness. Less agitated and very clean even transition from its predecessor Provigil!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2014 5:44 AM

Review by wpcj:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: I was undiagnosed with severe Otructive Sleep Apnea/Hyponea Syndrome for 10 years. I would sleep from 9 to 11 hours a night and was still tired. I also had terrible headache whenever I woke up. I had surgery for a deviated septum and had my uvula removed. CPAP was a huge improvement but I still woke up tired and foggy. Still had to nap during the day. My doctor and I fought for 2 years with the insurance company to get approved for Nuvigil. Without insurance I would have to pay $719 per month for 30 pills 150mg. With insurance my copay is $50. Since taking Nuvigil my life has changed for the better. I wake up without the fog and can stay active for 15 hours without taking a nap. Nuvigil gave me my life back!

September 8, 2014 12:29 AM

Review by GingerCatAndJoe:

For Narcolepsy: I've been back on Nuvigil since the end of 2013. I had taken it in 2010, but had to stop due to cost. The results have been wonderful. No more falling asleep in meetings or while sitting and talking to people. I can even watch entire movies now without dozing off! The only downside, like others have mentioned, is that it wears off in the evening. I usually take it around 7am, but by 9:00pm, I'm dozing again, which isn't really that bad. The cost is annoying too. I have great insurance, but it is still $75 a month.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2014 2:53 PM

Review by Kmporter1985 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: I was diagnosed a year ago. I have cataplexy as well. I've been taking 250mg daily of Nuvigil for about 8 months and I'm very happy with it. The only complaint is that (as another person said) it doesn't last all day, I also crash out in the afternoon. If you have this problem I suggest eliminating idol time. I have noticed that if I keep myself busy I have no problem going through the day normally. I haven't experienced any side effects whatsoever. Most of the other medications may keep you awake all day, but seeing as the side effects can be devastating for many people, I'll take the extra effort to keep my idol time to a minimum and unlike the other medicines I've tried, I don't feel like I need a higher dose every 3 months.

June 10, 2014 6:10 PM

Review by laahenry (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: Works well at the right dose. I am not afraid to drive now and I don't zone out at work anymore. That being said it is really a shame that it is entirely too expensive and I won't be able to continue taking it. With my insurance, it is still about $190 per month or 3 house payments a year for me! WOW!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2014 11:22 AM

Review by Obstructive Sleep Apnea (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: After trying the CPAP machine for a short time, I had to resort to medication instead. I couldn't breath through my nose due to deviated septum, narrow nasal passages. CPAP was useless. It kept me awake at night, uncomfortable, dug into my nose.Surgery on nose 12/13 & breathing better, but still had issues staying awake at wrong times. Had to fight for Nuvigil and Insurance. Finally allowed 1yr, Whole pill, talk 2 much. 1/2pill not enough What to do? ... But great.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 19, 2014 3:04 PM

Review by Rockyyy93:

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Lupus: I've been on Nuvigil for about a year now. I have a mild form of Lupus and the medicine I take for that does more harm than good. So we just decided to treat my painfully low energy level with Nuvigil. It has changed my life. When I first started it I had mild head aches and was sensitive to light. But once I was used to it I regained my quality of life. I was able to enjoy mornings and not count the hours before I could return to sleep. The best part is I can take it as needed now. Highly recommend.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2014 8:20 PM

Review by Amberosy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: I have been on Nuvigil for about 3 months now and see a little bit of difference. Previously I was on Ritalin which worked pretty much the same as Nuvigil. My doctor is currently giving me a trial period for 150mg once daily. I take one daily at 6-8 am and it lasts me till around noon. I then start to crash and when driving I still have a hard time staying awake. My doctor says it is because I need a higher dosage and will hopefully be starting that the next Drs visit. I highly recommend Nuvigil if you can afford it but if not Ritalin in my opinion works just as well.

December 21, 2013 8:23 AM

Review by Luna24 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy about 18 months ago after battling constant fatigue no matter how much sleep I received at night or how many naps I took throughout the day. Nuvigil has changed my life! I take one pill daily, and I am able to live a normal life outside of the fog that I was constantly living in before my diagnosis. I had a lot of side effects when I first started taking Nuvigil which included headaches, dry mouth, cramping, nausea, loss of appetite, and dizziness, but those were nothing compared to being able to finally live my life fully for the first time! I felt like before I was swimming in murky water unable to see or function, and after the medication I can actually experience life and interact with people!

December 16, 2013 4:06 PM

Review by Kris214:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: I have Idiopathic Hypersomnia with long sleep time. Before Nuvigil, I would sleep 16-20 hours per day, and nothing could keep me awake. This medicine has completely changed my life. I am on the highest dosage (250mg). At first, the medicine gave me a terrible headache and made me feel somewhat sick to my stomach. After about two to three weeks, the side effects almost completely subsided. I feel like a normal person now. I take the medicine early in the morning when my first alarm goes off. Sometimes, I fall back to sleep, or I can stay up and relax watching T.V or something. An hour or two later it is easy to wake. Energy throughout the day, and doesn't keep me up at night. This allows me to live "normally". I feel little to no side effects and get sleepy before bedtime, energized all day.

December 7, 2013 11:41 AM

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for : Overall I'm doing better. I've lost weight and have more energy but my tongue is a bit swollen and mouth is dry and everything is very, very salty tasting. I have very vivid dreams but I'm able to sleep at night. I'm also on Latuda 40mgs at night. I have no desire to eat or drink and I'm not urinating a lot which has caused an infection and does not help with body pain. I will continue to take it because I'm able to work two jobs.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 30, 2013 10:18 AM

Review by TRWRN:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: During a yearly checkup, my doctor impressively picked up on my sleep disorder (personally, I thought he was nuts; I felt it was just all the crazy stress in my life that made me want to sleep at any chance I got). Well, my sleep study came back severely abnormal. What?? Are you kidding me??? He was right! I was diagnosed with excessive daytime sleepiness/narcolepsy without cataplexy. Since then, I have been on Nuvigil 250mg. I cannot begin to tell you the difference it has made! The response was immediate for me, and I'm so glad I no longer have to sleep my days away! What an interesting field of medicine! I believe what they know about sleep now is just a scratch on the surface on how it impacts our health and well being.

November 19, 2013 5:25 PM

Review by kristibarb, wv (taken for less than 1 month):

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: I've been on nuvigil 150mg for over a week now, I work rotating shifts at work five days a week. I have had several side effects that was not the best, however the benefit have outweighed the risk. I have noticed that I can actually stay awake and not have the overwhelming urge to sleep. Which to me is wonderful to able to funtion like a normal person again, I'm still tired though, but functioning, and at the end of the day that is all I can ask for!

November 6, 2013 10:51 PM

Review by Sleep Apnea & Shift Worker (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: Have had sleep apnea for awhile and started using CPAP machine alone about 6 months before also adding Nuvigil. Nuvigil helps me get through my work shifts more effectively, especially when transitioning from working 3rd shift to having 3 days off and having to conform with a normal sleep pattern. I liken this medication to taking a 5 hr energy, but it is more effective and lasts longer. I still yawn, but my brain is fully alert and am able to concentrate like I haven't been able to in years. I'm quite impressed - only side effects have been minor headaches a few days a month and at first a slight nauseated feeling. No jitters or nervousness - love it! Insurance co-pay was $45.00 but the Nuvigil Rx Savings Card brought my co-pay down to $5.

November 6, 2013 5:35 AM

Review by Firefighter Dave (taken for less than 1 month):

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: I have been taking Nuvigil for a week and every day I get headaches and my eyes are sensitive to light. Overall I love feeling back to normal and not tired all the time. I have tried cutting my pills in 1/2 and 1/4s to stop the side effects no luck.

October 19, 2013 10:13 PM

Review by DK2727:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: I've been on Nuvigil for 4 years and it's stopped being as effective. I'm currently on 125 mg twice a day, and 37.5 mg Adipex twice a day. The Adipex has absolutely helped my weight (down 14 lbs in 15 days, 40lbs to go) but not much help with the wakefulness. I'm falling asleep in the afternoon and driving is a nightmare. It takes A LOT for insurance to cover. Without all the hoops my doctor has agreed to jump through, it would be $685 per month.

August 5, 2013 6:26 PM

Review by Watsonsrus8:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: I have been on Nuvigil for about one year. I have fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Before Nuvigil I couldn't stay awake. When I would have my morning coffee I would be fighting sleep. Although I am still very tired and weak I can stay awake for the entire day now. I feel this is the most important medicine I take. It works for both CFS and Fibromyalgia.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2013 3:15 AM

Review by Tired John:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: Shift work at plant. Medicine allows me to think at 2 am when my body is shutting down. This medicine is not magic. You will not have magical capabilities to learn and solve the worlds problems. But you may function somewhat normally as a person again. Do feel some euphoria an hour after taking.

July 3, 2013 5:53 AM

Review by Jade Aurora (taken for less than 1 month):

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Hypersomnia: I've been fighting with sleep issues for 9 years now, and was just diagnosed with Idiopathic Hypersomnia this Wednesday. I've been taking 250mg/day of Nuvigil since Friday morning. The medication worked great during the day on Friday. I used to sleep somewhere between 12 - 18 hours per day, and would fall asleep any time. I was relaxed up until then. However, I couldn't sleep Friday night at all. Took it again Saturday morning after no sleep, and it dragged me through the day. Still couldn't force myself to sleep Saturday night. Finally slept 3 hours last night after experiencing hallucinations. Hoping I'll acclimate well after a few weeks, as Friday I felt better during the day than ever before. Want that feeling back again.

July 1, 2013 10:22 AM

Review by KamyMenapace:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: I diagnosed myself after reading a pamphlet in the Doctors office the other day. It was like reading the story of my life for the last couple of years. She put me on Nuvigil and I'm currently on my second day of it. I've noticed a lot more awakeness and anxiety. Slight heart issues I think like racing from time to time and one severely sharp pain yesterday but otherwise I really feel much better. Too bad it's too late to save my marriage but at least I will be able to build a new life where before there would have been no way to cope. Wish me luck guys. I've had no headaches or jaw issues either.

June 8, 2013 12:18 PM

Review by Johnjr602:

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: I am an industrial electrician. I work rotating 12 hours. After enough time my body got used to it and I was able to make it through the nights and not feel awful. Then I heard a commercial for Nuvigil. So I figured I would give it a try. This is not a miracle. This won't give you special powers and a super intelligence. What it has allowed me to do was still be able to think when I couldn't before. At 3 in the morning when a problem presents itself I need to be able to think through it. I don't feel an energy rush like with a cup of coffee. I feel like a normal person again. I'm able to not feel lethargic every single minute I'm awake.

May 30, 2013 3:15 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: No negative effects and noticeable increase in brain function.

May 4, 2013 1:06 AM