User Reviews for Armodafinil

Also known as: Nuvigil

Learn more about Armodafinil.

ADHD 10 reviews 36 medications

Hypersomnia 26 reviews 26 medications

6.8
Summary of Armodafinil reviews 228 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Armodafinil

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "Originally I tried provigil. Nuvigil wasn't available yet. Loved it at first but as my body adjusted in my ignorance, I got nervous. I stopped. I had to deal with it. About 12 years later I tried again. This time I read more and I asked lots of questions. I am a new person. I am so grateful for nuvigil!! What I've learned (I am not an MD) Start out with a low dose. Half pills are fine. (Do not exceed 250 mg unless dr prescribed). Your body may be adjusting not building tolerance for a year or 2. Take each week at a time Naps still necessary; My naps are only about 30 min instead of 2 hrs but very refreshing Take a day or 2 off every week or 2. Makes a huge difference! Awesome insurance helps a lot! $5 per 30"

Severe narcolepsy w/ cataplexy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2016

For ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADD as a child, but my parents never put me on the drugs. At 30 I decided to see how the other half lived. Concerta, Vyvance, Focalin, etc, I've been prescribed them all. Most are pretty effective, but the jitters, nerves, sleeplesness, etc. were rough. I was prescribed Nuvigil because I didn't want the amphetamine base anymore and I had heard about it. Insurance wasn't happy, but it was approved. It is fantastic. My only complaint, and I'm guessing it's pretty rare, is that it makes me sleepy for the 1st week or so until my body adjusts. After that, clarity. No jitters, no moodiness, no sleep issues, nada. The mood elevating effects are nice too. It might not work for many this way but I would be lost without it."

mdss January 14, 2016

For Hypersomnia: "I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Hypersomnia and was prescribed nuvigil. I started with 150mg. The 1st week was great, I felt like I had my life back and was enjoying it. The 2nd week wasn't as good but was better than what it was before. The 3rd week I was fatigued around 2pm and the 4th week I was back to fatigue all day. The Dr. increased my dosage to 200mg. I've been on that for the past 5 days and I am now back to how I was before. Side effects have been headaches and slight nausea on the 150mg however on 200mg I get extremely nauseous about 12 hours after taking the pill. Waiting for Dr. to call me back."

NJR37 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I started using nuvigil two months ago to help ease the symptoms of depression associated with my bioplar II. Overall this medication has by no means cured me, but it has allowed me to become much more functional when I am depressed. It helps me think a lot clearer, makes me more positive, and most importantly just gives me the motivation to get stuff done when I would otherwise have absolutely zero motivation to do anything. I only take this when I am depressed, as I have found it makes me kind of irritable when I am hypomanic and it just makes it really hard to sleep. The only downside is that I have to live on samples because insurance doesn't cover a penny of it:("

astokely January 3, 2016

For Hypersomnia: "Diagnosed with Idiopathic Hypersomnia over 10 years ago after a battery of sleep tests in my teenage years. Repeat tests since have yielded repeat results. The mysterious exclusionary diagnosis with little to no research or breakthroughs in so many years is frustrating. Started off taking Provigil to semi-favorable results, but the wakefulness did not last longer than a few hours. When Nuvigil came out, my doctor switched me and it's worked well enough, all things considered. At this point in my diagnosis, I don't remember what it's like to feel truly rested, but referencing days I take Nuvigil to those I don't, I see a marked difference. I take 250mg dosage and it is a definite improvement. Insurance won't cover it though, which sucks."

SleepyAnon December 4, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for : "Insomniac, usually controlled my melatonin and amitriptyline unless I accidentally fall asleep after dinner or later, but bf bedtime. If I do that, I'll be awake until the sun starts coming up. So, my sleep doc prescribed this so I would not take that accidental nap after dinner. No side effects, and I can't even drink coffee without getting jittery. All in all, 10/10 for me personally."

NJA (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 2, 2015

For : "Before starting Nuvigil months ago, I was always too tired to do anything. I would sleep ab average of 12 hrs a night and wake up for a half hour then need a nap. I was on Adderall but was taken off it cause I do have anxiety issues and Dr thought it best to take me off it. I trued Provigil and Modafinil but it did nothing. So my neurologist spoke about Nuvigil. Its great to finally be awake during day. I dont take nuvigil every day cause it does make me not sleep. With MS, I need my rest."

suet15 November 19, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I have Shift Work Disorder and SLE Lupus; this caused a Lupus flare up. "It woke up the monster!" Please have your doctors communicate amongst each other. Nuvigil is a stimulant."

SLYLT37 November 19, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "My Neuro prescribed these for the Holy Trinity: MS Fatigue + Uhtoff's Penomenon + Ten Hour Grave Shifts. She suggested Provigil or Nuvigil. And after learning I work 10-hour shifts; went for Nuvigil because it lasts longer. I totally had the "Beginner's High." I was a little manic; but staying up through my shift with only a bit of body tiredness. I have an easier time doing my complex, brain-consuming job (Network Engineer). I can fall asleep on schedule, and stay down for the most part. As the drug has settled in; I'm not manic; but I am more upbeat and responsive. Overall, It's working. I sometimes have yawning fits, but I don't feel sleepy. Costs were reduced to $10/mo through Insurance (UHC) + Teva's Savings Program."

MS Grave (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2015

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "Pros: turn into a hardworking genius legend in the day time after taking a pill at 7:30am. Turn sociable and enjoy chatting with people for the sake of it. Cons: some suspicious side effects. diarrhea (it's manageable) and very frequent urination. Hunger massively suppressed (you might consider this a good thing), occasional headaches, can make you aggressive when you arent at all normally. If you're a person who has trouble sleeping this will keep you up far later. And also there is a slight psychedelic element to this drug as it peaks, you sometimes get weird feelings and thoughts you know could never happen normally off the drug. It's still less bad for you than cocaine or something so that's how I rationalise it."

sourpuss_ashkenazi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 16, 2015

For ADHD: "I take this with other meds for my ADD and mania. Now my sentences come together and thought processes, I'm not always fighting to stay awake, I can concentrate on single subjects. Waking up in the morning from a night of Antipsychotic medication that knocks you out isn't a problem anymore. Would give it a 10 but it looses efficacy over time - moved from 250 mg. AM dose to 250 mg as soon as I awake and another 125 mg 4 hours later. Otherwise I feel a crash without my 2nd half dose. Find a coupon, this is no cheap drug."

Bipolar Bob (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I found myself sleeping all day against my will and it was depressing to be so unproductive. After I was accepted to vet school, I knew I needed to figure out why I was so tired all the time. I was diagnosed with narcolepsy without cataplexy. I immediately started Nuvigil in an attempt to get regulated before I started school. About a week in, I experienced anxiety, and a racing heart on a few different days. My symptoms soon subsided, and I found my quality of life drastically improved. I take it in the morning before class, and I was able to stay awake all day with very little problem. I still have good days and bad, but my worst day is still better than my life before it. I am so thankful for my doctor and Nuvigil."

Lindsey Lou August 16, 2015

For : "Armodafinil is great for getting you awake and focused for the entire day. The side effects for me included nausea, headache, and tiredness (weird, I know). I lowered my dose to 75mg only on days I need it and I have energy all day without the side effects. With this drug more is actually less. Keep your dose low enough to skip the side effects and Armodafinil will help you through challenging work/study days."

Anon E. Moose (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2015

For : "This is the first time in 20 years I have responded so well. I have been able to keep up with daily tasks. I have not been able to get my insurance company to pay. I cannot afford the $550.00 cost. Hope to find alternative"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "Excellent product! I actually take it for MS. It is wonderful to have my "want to" back if only temporarily. Unfortunately Fla Blue will not cover for MS so hoarding is my only option. The result are worth it!"

Jupinac (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 9, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I had been on Modifinil for over a year when I noticed the effects reducing dramatically so my doctor switched me to Armodifinil and almost immediately after taking I felt very hostile and aggressive. I did not feel more refreshed or awake. I tried it for almost a week and the feeling of anger was still there so I quit taking it and am working with my doctors to find another solution."

depotguy26 July 27, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "After being diagnosed at age 35, with narcolepsy and REM sleep behavior disorder my ENT put me on Nuvigil 150mg to help me stay awake during the day. I'll tell you what, it didn't do a darn thing. My kids actually said they thought it made me more tired. He then bumped it up to 250mg and I'd say it helped for an hour or so. It gave me horrible headaches, lock jaw and teeth grinding, pretty much no appetite, but the worst part of all had to be how bad it ALWAYS made my stomach hurt and how I felt like I was going to throw up most of the time. It definitely didn't help me and I'd still find myself falling asleep and needing a few naps each day. I also ended up losing 7 lbs in 3 weeks, which wasn't good for me since I'm already very thin."

Elle Sleepy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for : "This medicine is as effective as Provigil or Modafanil but side effect of loose stool and diarrhea is not tolerable but Medicare leaves me no other option.I do not understand because all 3 drugs priced similar amount.Running to washroom constantly is this drugs worst side effect.My bodies G.I. tract is still not adjusting at 3 weeks."

Mr. Rand (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2015

For Narcolepsy: "I have had lupus since 1986. Fortunately is has been a mild form. When I had a job where I had an hour for lunch, I was able to take a 20 minute cat nap and that helped get me through the afternoon. Now I have a job with only 1/2 hour for lunch. I was having trouble staying awake in the afternoons. Then I saw a news article on tv about Nuvigil and it's use on people with lupus. So, I had my psychologist write an RX for it and it was like flipping on a switch. My insurance paid for it for a year and now they are denying it saying it off label. They will cover the Provigil and I've tried that; with disastrous results. So they would rather I lose my job because I can't stay awake than cover a medication."

Bunneymama (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 1, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I have been taking Nuvigil for over a year. I'm on 250mg I have had no side effects. It only seems to last a few hours for me. Does anyone have any ideas?"

Speak25 May 1, 2015

For Narcolepsy: "I was just diagnosed with narcolepsy past week, my Dr gave me Nuvigil samples of both 150mg and 250mg. First three days I just got progressively sleepier. I was head bobbing and micro sleeping. He asked me to take the 250. It didn't kick in for over an hour and when it did I fell asleep standing up at work and caused myself so much embarrassment that I had two subsequent Cataplexy attacks moments later. I was like a sleeping pill."

girlboheme (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I am Software Engineer and working in It company. I am totally busy in my work day night to complete my projects. For every new project i need to spend extra time in my work, due to which i am not able to complete my sleep. It had bad impact on my work as it was difficult for me to stay active and fresh. Then i came to know about nuvigil from nuvigilshop site which helps me to become a normal person. It controls my excessive sleepiness and makes me energetic during work time. It helps to stay awake for around 40 hours. Now I am very happy that I can complete my every project with good concentration."

Daniel05 April 24, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "My experience has been very positive: a complete elimination of sleep attacks, at least until the medication wears off (I take it at about 7 AM and usually around 2-3 PM I can tell it's worn off). When I first began the medication, I experienced fairly severe insomnia at night for a few days and suffered from headaches (generally dull, low-grade ones) for a couple of weeks. Those problems have long since ended and I have no trouble falling asleep at night. My doctor suggested not taking the medication on weekends, when I do not have to work, which seems to have helped prevent it from losing any effectiveness. I am fortunate enough to have had no trouble getting my insurance to pay for Nuvigil. My cost is $27 for a 3 month supply by mail."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2015

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "This medicine changed my life. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and the fatigue was terrible. Now I don't sleep as much and I am awake during the day for my kids. I highly recommend."

ckbrouwer (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have Bipolar 1. Nuvigil to start the day and Seroquel to end it is the best combo I've ever experienced. (I also take Lamictal and Luvox)"

Bruce22 (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2015