User Reviews for Armodafinil

Also known as: Nuvigil

Learn more about Armodafinil.

ADHD 8 reviews 32 medications

6.8
Jet Lag 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Armodafinil reviews 215 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Armodafinil

For Narcolepsy: "I have had lupus since 1986. Fortunately is has been a mild form. When I had a job where I had an hour for lunch, I was able to take a 20 minute cat nap and that helped get me through the afternoon. Now I have a job with only 1/2 hour for lunch. I was having trouble staying awake in the afternoons. Then I saw a news article on tv about Nuvigil and it's use on people with lupus. So, I had my psychologist write an RX for it and it was like flipping on a switch. My insurance paid for it for a year and now they are denying it saying it off label. They will cover the Provigil and I've tried that; with disastrous results. So they would rather I lose my job because I can't stay awake than cover a medication."

Bunneymama (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 1, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I have been taking Nuvigil for over a year. I'm on 250mg I have had no side effects. It only seems to last a few hours for me. Does anyone have any ideas?"

Speak25 May 1, 2015

For Narcolepsy: "I was just diagnosed with narcolepsy past week, my Dr gave me Nuvigil samples of both 150mg and 250mg. First three days I just got progressively sleepier. I was head bobbing and micro sleeping. He asked me to take the 250. It didn't kick in for over an hour and when it did I fell asleep standing up at work and caused myself so much embarrassment that I had two subsequent Cataplexy attacks moments later. I was like a sleeping pill."

girlboheme (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I am Software Engineer and working in It company. I am totally busy in my work day night to complete my projects. For every new project i need to spend extra time in my work, due to which i am not able to complete my sleep. It had bad impact on my work as it was difficult for me to stay active and fresh. Then i came to know about nuvigil from nuvigilshop site which helps me to become a normal person. It controls my excessive sleepiness and makes me energetic during work time. It helps to stay awake for around 40 hours. Now I am very happy that I can complete my every project with good concentration."

Daniel05 April 24, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "My experience has been very positive: a complete elimination of sleep attacks, at least until the medication wears off (I take it at about 7 AM and usually around 2-3 PM I can tell it's worn off). When I first began the medication, I experienced fairly severe insomnia at night for a few days and suffered from headaches (generally dull, low-grade ones) for a couple of weeks. Those problems have long since ended and I have no trouble falling asleep at night. My doctor suggested not taking the medication on weekends, when I do not have to work, which seems to have helped prevent it from losing any effectiveness. I am fortunate enough to have had no trouble getting my insurance to pay for Nuvigil. My cost is $27 for a 3 month supply by mail."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2015

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "This medicine changed my life. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and the fatigue was terrible. Now I don't sleep as much and I am awake during the day for my kids. I highly recommend."

ckbrouwer (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have Bipolar 1. Nuvigil to start the day and Seroquel to end it is the best combo I've ever experienced. (I also take Lamictal and Luvox)"

Bruce22 (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "I've been using Nuvigil (and Provigil before that) and it works well. As others before me have said, it's nice to not fall asleep in rhe middle of the day at work. That being said, I still don't get enough sleep, even with the CPAP. Lately I've been averaging under 6 hours a night, and at that rate, I still get sleepy at times. But, once the insurance company is convinced that I need the Nuvigil, they approve for a year at a time. If you have prescription drug coverage check out their website, because they have a discount card you can use to lower your costs even more, up to $50 off your co-pay. (excludes Medicare/Medicaid) This has saved me hundreds of dollars!"

madtay111 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 12, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "For myself, I say it's been a wonder pill. All it does for me is it makes me normal after many years. Never knew it could be possible. Shift work, odd hours, 30 years of bad intermitant sleep? NOT NO MORE!"

MYSELF AND MYSELF (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "Taking Nuvigil about 8 years for hypersomnia and SWD. It has greatly improved my quality of life. I was experiencing the insomnia that could result from this medicine, but once I found out the best time in my schedule to take it, insomnia is rarely an issue. I am grateful my doctor talked me into taking this medication so long ago."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 20, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I love it!! It really helps me stay awake during the day. The only bad this is that my insurance will not approve it so I am unable to get it."

dirishone61 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I started taking Nuvigil after having taken Adderall Xr for 4 years. I like Nuvigil better because there is no feeling of artificial energy. The only thing that that Adderall has over Nuvigil is that it lasted all day. I've experimented a little and I've found that if I take 1/2 of the pill about 1 to 1 1/2 an hour before I get my day starts and the other half at about 1 gets me through the day better than taking it all at once. Also even with my insurance and the savings card I still have to pay $89. It's worth it though."

Smooth_as_butter February 1, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "This medicine works better than anything else I have taken!!! It is just expensive."

slcochran6 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 17, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I tried Nuvigil and Provigil years ago for obstructive sleep apnea because the CPAP machine didn't work. The trails of both medicines increased my anxiety and depression, and made me have suicidal ideations. Guess it doesn't work for everybody."

cherishs December 23, 2014

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "My sleep doctor, I use a CPAP every night, gave me a sample to try as I work a "baby owl' shift from 5:00pm to 2:00 am. Best way to describe this medicine is a slow release caffeine pill. However, zero jitters and zero over active bladder. No buzz, no altered feelings of any kind. I can focus better with this in my system. If I can get a full six hours on my CPAP and take a 250mg pill an hour before my shift I can get my job done with an amazing amount of focus. My insurance was slow to cover, and even with them covering over half of the cost these little pills cost a bundle. Worth it for me, as I was spending close to the same amount per month on Red Bull and coffee."

Bus Driver (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 14, 2014

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for ADHD: "I GOT A 30 DAY SUPPLY OF 150 MG FOR FREE!!! It would have been $500 as I have no insurance. But my doc gave me a Nuvigil Savings Card!! Plus I get refills for $5! Can't believe my luck! So, please ask your doc for a card or coupon. It's good for both insured and uninsured. This promotion expires at the end of the year though. Not sure if they'll offer it in 2015. I've only been on it for two days but the results have been fantastic. I switched to this from Adderall, which gave me energy and made me more social but made me jittery and did not help with my concentration or organization. Nuvigil helps me stay focused, motivated and clear headed throughout the day."

RosyRabbit October 30, 2014

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "I suffered with obstructive sleep apnea for 20 years, surviving on 1-2 hours of sleep per night. I would fall asleep everywhere, even fell asleep in two job interviews! (didn't get those jobs) I got my CPAP and it helped a lot, but I was still sleepy during the day. Then my doctor prescribed Nuvigil 150 mg and I woke up for the first time in 20 years! I'm 53 and I haven't felt this alive since I was a kid. Week 1 I had a small headache and insomnia, but then my erectile dysfunction went away, my memory greatly improved, I stopped falling asleep in meetings, and even my essential tremor, which runs through every male on my father's side, has all but disappeared. For me, Nuvigil is truly a miracle."

Bonnavent (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2014

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "This medicine kept me from sleeping the whole 5 days I was on it. My body just started to shut down and my eyes would just close but my mind would not let me go to sleep."

copeyswife (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2014

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I have been dealing with narcolepsy since 1992. Nuvigil was introduced to me in 2014, wonder pill all the way. Unfortunately with my insurance my out of pocket expense will run approximately $550 for a 30 day supply. So tell me do I feed my family of 5 or buy medicine. What a choice to have to make."

mjeappleby September 25, 2014

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I've taken Provigil in the past for over 8 years due to severe IBDH & shift sleep disorder. When Nuvigil came out on market, my neurologist gave me samples to try. I found it AMAZING & much cleaner version, as I don't notice significant side effects. Most importantly - the abrupt feelings when it first "kicked in" in the mornings and sudden halt from wide awake to severe sleepiness. Less agitated and very clean even transition from its predecessor Provigil!"

jthole (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 14, 2014

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "I was undiagnosed with severe Otructive Sleep Apnea/Hyponea Syndrome for 10 years. I would sleep from 9 to 11 hours a night and was still tired. I also had terrible headache whenever I woke up. I had surgery for a deviated septum and had my uvula removed. CPAP was a huge improvement but I still woke up tired and foggy. Still had to nap during the day. My doctor and I fought for 2 years with the insurance company to get approved for Nuvigil. Without insurance I would have to pay $719 per month for 30 pills 150mg. With insurance my copay is $50. Since taking Nuvigil my life has changed for the better. I wake up without the fog and can stay active for 15 hours without taking a nap. Nuvigil gave me my life back!"

wpcj September 8, 2014

For Narcolepsy: "I've been back on Nuvigil since the end of 2013. I had taken it in 2010, but had to stop due to cost. The results have been wonderful. No more falling asleep in meetings or while sitting and talking to people. I can even watch entire movies now without dozing off! The only downside, like others have mentioned, is that it wears off in the evening. I usually take it around 7am, but by 9:00pm, I'm dozing again, which isn't really that bad. The cost is annoying too. I have great insurance, but it is still $75 a month."

GingerCatAndJoe August 2, 2014

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed a year ago. I have cataplexy as well. I've been taking 250mg daily of Nuvigil for about 8 months and I'm very happy with it. The only complaint is that (as another person said) it doesn't last all day, I also crash out in the afternoon. If you have this problem I suggest eliminating idol time. I have noticed that if I keep myself busy I have no problem going through the day normally. I haven't experienced any side effects whatsoever. Most of the other medications may keep you awake all day, but seeing as the side effects can be devastating for many people, I'll take the extra effort to keep my idol time to a minimum and unlike the other medicines I've tried, I don't feel like I need a higher dose every 3 months."

Kmporter1985 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 10, 2014

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "Works well at the right dose. I am not afraid to drive now and I don't zone out at work anymore. That being said it is really a shame that it is entirely too expensive and I won't be able to continue taking it. With my insurance, it is still about $190 per month or 3 house payments a year for me! WOW!"

laahenry (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 9, 2014

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "After trying the CPAP machine for a short time, I had to resort to medication instead. I couldn't breath through my nose due to deviated septum, narrow nasal passages. CPAP was useless. It kept me awake at night, uncomfortable, dug into my nose.Surgery on nose 12/13 & breathing better, but still had issues staying awake at wrong times. Had to fight for Nuvigil and Insurance. Finally allowed 1yr, Whole pill, talk 2 much. 1/2pill not enough What to do? ... But great."

Obstructive Sleep Apnea (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2014