User Reviews for Armodafinil

Also known as: Nuvigil

Learn more about Armodafinil.

ADHD 9 reviews 31 medications

6.8
Jet Lag 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Armodafinil reviews 222 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Armodafinil

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "My Neuro prescribed these for the Holy Trinity: MS Fatigue + Uhtoff's Penomenon + Ten Hour Grave Shifts. She suggested Provigil or Nuvigil. And after learning I work 10-hour shifts; went for Nuvigil because it lasts longer. I totally had the "Beginner's High." I was a little manic; but staying up through my shift with only a bit of body tiredness. I have an easier time doing my complex, brain-consuming job (Network Engineer). I can fall asleep on schedule, and stay down for the most part. As the drug has settled in; I'm not manic; but I am more upbeat and responsive. Overall, It's working. I sometimes have yawning fits, but I don't feel sleepy. Costs were reduced to $10/mo through Insurance (UHC) + Teva's Savings Program."

MS Grave (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2015

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "Pros: turn into a hardworking genius legend in the day time after taking a pill at 7:30am. Turn sociable and enjoy chatting with people for the sake of it. Cons: some suspicious side effects. diarrhea (it's manageable) and very frequent urination. Hunger massively suppressed (you might consider this a good thing), occasional headaches, can make you aggressive when you arent at all normally. If you're a person who has trouble sleeping this will keep you up far later. And also there is a slight psychedelic element to this drug as it peaks, you sometimes get weird feelings and thoughts you know could never happen normally off the drug. It's still less bad for you than cocaine or something so that's how I rationalise it."

sourpuss_ashkenazi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 16, 2015

For ADHD: "I take this with other meds for my ADD and mania. Now my sentences come together and thought processes, I'm not always fighting to stay awake, I can concentrate on single subjects. Waking up in the morning from a night of Antipsychotic medication that knocks you out isn't a problem anymore. Would give it a 10 but it looses efficacy over time - moved from 250 mg. AM dose to 250 mg as soon as I awake and another 125 mg 4 hours later. Otherwise I feel a crash without my 2nd half dose. Find a coupon, this is no cheap drug."

Bipolar Bob (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I found myself sleeping all day against my will and it was depressing to be so unproductive. After I was accepted to vet school, I knew I needed to figure out why I was so tired all the time. I was diagnosed with narcolepsy without cataplexy. I immediately started Nuvigil in an attempt to get regulated before I started school. About a week in, I experienced anxiety, and a racing heart on a few different days. My symptoms soon subsided, and I found my quality of life drastically improved. I take it in the morning before class, and I was able to stay awake all day with very little problem. I still have good days and bad, but my worst day is still better than my life before it. I am so thankful for my doctor and Nuvigil."

Lindsey Lou August 16, 2015

For : "Armodafinil is great for getting you awake and focused for the entire day. The side effects for me included nausea, headache, and tiredness (weird, I know). I lowered my dose to 75mg only on days I need it and I have energy all day without the side effects. With this drug more is actually less. Keep your dose low enough to skip the side effects and Armodafinil will help you through challenging work/study days."

Anon E. Moose (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2015

For : "This is the first time in 20 years I have responded so well. I have been able to keep up with daily tasks. I have not been able to get my insurance company to pay. I cannot afford the $550.00 cost. Hope to find alternative"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "Excellent product! I actually take it for MS. It is wonderful to have my "want to" back if only temporarily. Unfortunately Fla Blue will not cover for MS so hoarding is my only option. The result are worth it!"

Jupinac (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 9, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I had been on Modifinil for over a year when I noticed the effects reducing dramatically so my doctor switched me to Armodifinil and almost immediately after taking I felt very hostile and aggressive. I did not feel more refreshed or awake. I tried it for almost a week and the feeling of anger was still there so I quit taking it and am working with my doctors to find another solution."

depotguy26 July 27, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "After being diagnosed at age 35, with narcolepsy and REM sleep behavior disorder my ENT put me on Nuvigil 150mg to help me stay awake during the day. I'll tell you what, it didn't do a darn thing. My kids actually said they thought it made me more tired. He then bumped it up to 250mg and I'd say it helped for an hour or so. It gave me horrible headaches, lock jaw and teeth grinding, pretty much no appetite, but the worst part of all had to be how bad it ALWAYS made my stomach hurt and how I felt like I was going to throw up most of the time. It definitely didn't help me and I'd still find myself falling asleep and needing a few naps each day. I also ended up losing 7 lbs in 3 weeks, which wasn't good for me since I'm already very thin."

Elle Sleepy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for : "This medicine is as effective as Provigil or Modafanil but side effect of loose stool and diarrhea is not tolerable but Medicare leaves me no other option.I do not understand because all 3 drugs priced similar amount.Running to washroom constantly is this drugs worst side effect.My bodies G.I. tract is still not adjusting at 3 weeks."

Mr. Rand (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2015

For Narcolepsy: "I have had lupus since 1986. Fortunately is has been a mild form. When I had a job where I had an hour for lunch, I was able to take a 20 minute cat nap and that helped get me through the afternoon. Now I have a job with only 1/2 hour for lunch. I was having trouble staying awake in the afternoons. Then I saw a news article on tv about Nuvigil and it's use on people with lupus. So, I had my psychologist write an RX for it and it was like flipping on a switch. My insurance paid for it for a year and now they are denying it saying it off label. They will cover the Provigil and I've tried that; with disastrous results. So they would rather I lose my job because I can't stay awake than cover a medication."

Bunneymama (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 1, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I have been taking Nuvigil for over a year. I'm on 250mg I have had no side effects. It only seems to last a few hours for me. Does anyone have any ideas?"

Speak25 May 1, 2015

For Narcolepsy: "I was just diagnosed with narcolepsy past week, my Dr gave me Nuvigil samples of both 150mg and 250mg. First three days I just got progressively sleepier. I was head bobbing and micro sleeping. He asked me to take the 250. It didn't kick in for over an hour and when it did I fell asleep standing up at work and caused myself so much embarrassment that I had two subsequent Cataplexy attacks moments later. I was like a sleeping pill."

girlboheme (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I am Software Engineer and working in It company. I am totally busy in my work day night to complete my projects. For every new project i need to spend extra time in my work, due to which i am not able to complete my sleep. It had bad impact on my work as it was difficult for me to stay active and fresh. Then i came to know about nuvigil from nuvigilshop site which helps me to become a normal person. It controls my excessive sleepiness and makes me energetic during work time. It helps to stay awake for around 40 hours. Now I am very happy that I can complete my every project with good concentration."

Daniel05 April 24, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "My experience has been very positive: a complete elimination of sleep attacks, at least until the medication wears off (I take it at about 7 AM and usually around 2-3 PM I can tell it's worn off). When I first began the medication, I experienced fairly severe insomnia at night for a few days and suffered from headaches (generally dull, low-grade ones) for a couple of weeks. Those problems have long since ended and I have no trouble falling asleep at night. My doctor suggested not taking the medication on weekends, when I do not have to work, which seems to have helped prevent it from losing any effectiveness. I am fortunate enough to have had no trouble getting my insurance to pay for Nuvigil. My cost is $27 for a 3 month supply by mail."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2015

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "This medicine changed my life. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and the fatigue was terrible. Now I don't sleep as much and I am awake during the day for my kids. I highly recommend."

ckbrouwer (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have Bipolar 1. Nuvigil to start the day and Seroquel to end it is the best combo I've ever experienced. (I also take Lamictal and Luvox)"

Bruce22 (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "I've been using Nuvigil (and Provigil before that) and it works well. As others before me have said, it's nice to not fall asleep in rhe middle of the day at work. That being said, I still don't get enough sleep, even with the CPAP. Lately I've been averaging under 6 hours a night, and at that rate, I still get sleepy at times. But, once the insurance company is convinced that I need the Nuvigil, they approve for a year at a time. If you have prescription drug coverage check out their website, because they have a discount card you can use to lower your costs even more, up to $50 off your co-pay. (excludes Medicare/Medicaid) This has saved me hundreds of dollars!"

madtay111 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 12, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "For myself, I say it's been a wonder pill. All it does for me is it makes me normal after many years. Never knew it could be possible. Shift work, odd hours, 30 years of bad intermitant sleep? NOT NO MORE!"

MYSELF AND MYSELF (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "Taking Nuvigil about 8 years for hypersomnia and SWD. It has greatly improved my quality of life. I was experiencing the insomnia that could result from this medicine, but once I found out the best time in my schedule to take it, insomnia is rarely an issue. I am grateful my doctor talked me into taking this medication so long ago."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 20, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I love it!! It really helps me stay awake during the day. The only bad this is that my insurance will not approve it so I am unable to get it."

dirishone61 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I started taking Nuvigil after having taken Adderall Xr for 4 years. I like Nuvigil better because there is no feeling of artificial energy. The only thing that that Adderall has over Nuvigil is that it lasted all day. I've experimented a little and I've found that if I take 1/2 of the pill about 1 to 1 1/2 an hour before I get my day starts and the other half at about 1 gets me through the day better than taking it all at once. Also even with my insurance and the savings card I still have to pay $89. It's worth it though."

Smooth_as_butter February 1, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "This medicine works better than anything else I have taken!!! It is just expensive."

slcochran6 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 17, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I tried Nuvigil and Provigil years ago for obstructive sleep apnea because the CPAP machine didn't work. The trails of both medicines increased my anxiety and depression, and made me have suicidal ideations. Guess it doesn't work for everybody."

cherishs December 23, 2014

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "My sleep doctor, I use a CPAP every night, gave me a sample to try as I work a "baby owl' shift from 5:00pm to 2:00 am. Best way to describe this medicine is a slow release caffeine pill. However, zero jitters and zero over active bladder. No buzz, no altered feelings of any kind. I can focus better with this in my system. If I can get a full six hours on my CPAP and take a 250mg pill an hour before my shift I can get my job done with an amazing amount of focus. My insurance was slow to cover, and even with them covering over half of the cost these little pills cost a bundle. Worth it for me, as I was spending close to the same amount per month on Red Bull and coffee."

Bus Driver (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 14, 2014