User Reviews for Abilify (Page 3)

Learn more about Abilify.

Autism 15 reviews 7 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 37 reviews 46 medications

5.9
Summary of Abilify reviews 454 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Abilify

For Schizophrenia "It does stuff I never thought meds would do. It has made corrections to my perceptions and how I look at things and my racing thoughts"

RYSMILE (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have had major depressive disorder, anxiety and ocd since I was a kid. On and off meds since 1987. Paxil was the best for me for a decade or more. Went off of it myself to try and get pregnant and had a nervous breakdown. Was hospitalized for severe issues, etc. Had ECT. Scary, but it helped, looking back at the experience. Now, I take liquid generic Zoloft (250 mgs/mls), liquid generic Abilify (3mgs/3mls) and Clonazapam. I feel like the Abilify gives me a boost vs. just being on liquid generic Zoloft. However, I have gained A LOT of weight over the past five or six years - like 60 pounds - used to be slender. I give Abilify a decent rating, except for the weight gain and some sleepiness. And I think liquid vs. pills is better."

JenJen45 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 1, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Best med. I have ever had for my bipolar. I was on many drugs but they made me a zombie. I couldn't wake up. It's tough when you have to work everyday. My Dr. put me on abilify and I'm a new person! Very Happy with the results. I have a life again!"

springerames (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2015

For Autism "The doctor of my 13 year old autistic daughter put her on 5mg of Abilify last October. The first three months were great. Her mood swings decreased. She was less destructive and it was a lot quieter at home and in school. We started seeing the behaviors coming back a little at a time. At month 7, the behaviors were back full swing and much worse than they were before she was put on Abilify. She also gained 42 pounds and we couldn't keep her out of food unless we locked the cabinets and refrigerator. She has been off of Abilify since mid July and her behavior has turned around completely. Now she is on an "as needed" medicine that we only give her when we see a meltdown coming, and that is not very often."

Exhausted Autism Parent (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 23, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I took abilify since I was 19 I'm now 33 it makes you feel restless I plan on getting off this medicine as soon as I talk to my doctor"

Lexilynn82 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 21, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "My doc put me on Abilify 15mg after extreme weight gain on Seroquel. I have never been affected by a medication like Abilify. My first tablet made me very very ill. I was constantly vomiting, I was weak and felt like my body was burning up from inside. I was sweating profusely and I was weak. I contacted my doctor and was immediately taken off Abilify. It works for some and for others not. It definitely did not work for me. I have now been put onto Lamictin 25mg so tomorrow I take my first tablet."

Zoowie September 19, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "5 days - from non functioning depressed to living and enjoying life! I had no side effects starting the medication and noticed a moderate improvement by day 2. By day 5 / remarkable difference! My history is 20 yrs on ssri's and no improvement. Spent 9 months this year completely non functioning. Tried rispiridone and that caused lactation and sedated me. Pdoc put me on 60 mg Prozac +5 mg abilify and I feel like myself! Not sedated, not wired, just normal happy me! Miracle!"

Optimistic1981 September 15, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I just started taking 5mg Abilify. After a day of headache and nausea as well as extreme fatigue I am know trying to take it at night to sleep through the worst side effects. Hoping they'll subside after a week or two. But I think I can feel a little change in my mood to the better which would be nice after trying to find something that works for the last year..."

Nowabi (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I took this medication after being on resperidone which made me really tense but abilify really works for me still hear voices in a distant way and still will be increasing the dose"

shaysos September 13, 2015

For Depression "Taking this in conjunction with Wellbutrin and Buspar gave me my life back. My mood is stable, I'm happy, excited, and not over the top either. The trade name really describes this medication well that's for sure. However, this isn't for everyone. Also I must note the first 5 days kind of suck. I felt like my head was spinning and I felt nauseated like I was on a roller coaster all the time. Never threw up though. SO glad I stuck with it though. Well worth it in the end."

Leandre3452 September 1, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I think it works really good for an add on. And its a cute little pink pill."

Waguespack (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 27, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I am on 30 mg of Abilify plus Trazodone and Wellbutrin and have to say this combination seems to be what works best for me. I don't feel drugged up but able to function day to day at work and with my family. I experience no side effects with Abilify except possibly some hair loss (but it looks like most if not all those type of drugs do that). Other than that I am grateful this helps."

lintu (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I started abilify recently and it makes me restless like my mind is awake but my body is asleep but for the bipolar I feel so much better and like a new person. Besides the restlessness I love this pill."

Caley69 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "After having to pay a but load out of pocket for this i slowly found out it was not for me. It put me in a hyper-manic state. Had to constantly be moving. Would wake up every morning at 7 am, when the sunlight started peaking in my room, regardless of what time I was finally able to pass out. And worst of all, it caused me to have problems using the restroom. No matter how hard I tried or what I did it made me not able to urinate. Some meds don't work on some people as they should."

Woahthere (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Worked wonder within days for my severe ocd."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have noticed since I have been on this medication I have become more happy and able to deal with my depression that I was suffering for a few days. I have noticed differences in my sleep pattern. I go back to bed earlier and I wake up early which can be a problem for me at times because I need lots of energy during the day to keep me going because I will get tired and depressed. My mood starts to slip after 3:00 which can be annoying."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2015

For Schizophrenia "This medication made me feel like my brain was fried it was so hard to think and it made me feel hyper on the inside but made my body feel tired and lazy it was a horrible feeling and it made my schizophrenia worse!!"

destt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took abilify once, at night, in a psych ward because of my new doctor. I went to bed, like normal. When I woke up in the morning to take vitals I started to get this tightness in my chest that I couldn't place. I was going to ask for my inhaler because I have asthma, but then I heard roaring in my ears and my vision went fuzzy. I didn't know it then but my blood pressure was dropping from a healthy level down to 53/28. I panicked and stood up, and then dropped to the floor like a rock. I was lucky the nurse caught me. My heart stopped. I don't truly remember a lot about that day but that was because I was either unconscious or in a dreamy haze. Ability sent me into anaphylactic shock and almost killed me. No ratings lower than one, sadly."

NeverTakeThisDrug July 31, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm a 22 year old female, recently diagnosed with bipolar, I took this medication for a month and it was pure hell, made me an emotional wreck (never was emotional) crying out of nowhere, made my anxiety even worse, made me extremely tired, made me paranoid to the point where I thought I was going to die. Over all I have no positive notes to tell. Didn't work for me but hey everyone is different."

Miaaaaa July 29, 2015

For Depression "Well I was on Wellbutrin, Ciprolex, and Carbamazapine to start with, but was still having issues with some symptoms hanging around, such as lack of motivation and aches and pains.. When my psychiatrist put me on the Abilify, he warned me that I might LOSE weight. I laughed at this because usually these types of meds have the opposite effect.. and according to a lot of the reviews, that seems to be the case. But sure enough, within a couple weeks I had started noticing that my clothes were getting looser and my family started commenting their concern (I was already a healthy weight before).. I ended up going off of the Abilify because 1 and a half months later I had lost over 20lbs and literally underweight. Scary stuff! Great otherwise.."

lugubrious_1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I am on a much higher dose than most others here, 10 mg. I do have bipolar illness, perhaps that is why my cocktail also includes 400 mg lamictal and 25 mcg cytomel. I am stable after eight years with this combo. I still have manic episodes, but much more manageable, thank god! What is also nice is that the abilify is available as a generic drug. Beforehand it was $80/ month, even with excellent insurance. Worth a try!"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 27, 2015

For Depression "Oh my godness this sucks. I have delusional disorder and this doesn't helped me with my paranoias nor with my depression."

omggggggg July 24, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I took Abilify for only three days, half of the minimum dosage a day, which is 2,5 mg, still enough to cause me a collapse in which I almost died! I quit immediately but I still experienced heart problems for the following two months."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been 4 months on this drug and it wiped out my depression. It started to work after 1 week of usage. I gained 14 Kgs and a little bit manic (but supressed by depakote). I love this abilify it saved my life"

Pakbesar (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "The medicine helped tremendously with my paranoid. However, I had insomnia and gained 45 pounds the six months I was on the medication. For health risks, I had to be taken off the medication."

OlivuaJade2306 July 16, 2015