User Reviews for Abilify

Learn more about Abilify.

Autism 8 reviews 7 medications

4.1
Summary of Abilify reviews 314 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Abilify

Review by tabby cat:

For Bipolar Disorder: I feel really good using this medicine for bipolar and depression.

August 23, 2013 6:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Abilify was fine at first, but it slowly increased my anxiety to the point where I felt like I was stuck in one long, never ending panic attack. I stopped Abilify two days ago and feel so much better.

August 22, 2013 7:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: I am thirty three and I have schizoaffective disorder. Ability gave me the energy to make it through the day and run after two kids. It's the best medicine I've ever been on. No side effects. Stopped drinking and pills. Doing much better.

August 20, 2013 11:03 AM

Review by mona lucynski:

For Bipolar Disorder: I started taking and was fine for a few weeks. Then I started gaining weight slowly. Before I knew it I had gained 40 pounds in 6 months.

August 13, 2013 11:06 AM

Review by Abilify believer (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: For the past 20 years I have been on antidepressants, longest being Remeron. Along with the depression I have had periods of intense anxiety, unbelievably intense, to the extent that I could not stand to be here. In December of 2011 I was in the throws of anxiety and my psych doc suggested 2mg Abilify (in addition to the Remeron). My anxiety was GONE in a day and it has stayed GONE, My depression is gone as well, My pharmacist has told me that others have had a similar experience and are as amazed as I am. I can't say enough about this medicine, amazing, just amazing.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2013 5:49 PM

Review by Juan doe (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: I found out I was bipolar about a month ago. The first pill my PCP gave me was Abilify. Starting on 2mg for the first 2 weeks. I didn't notice anything until maybe the third day. However the rest of that week and the following I have been on a roller coaster. I just started taking 5mg of Abilify and I notice the next day. I had the feeling of being normal again. Only side effect I've notice was when I was depressed I was depressed. Since upping the dose I feel way better.

August 4, 2013 6:39 PM

Review by mom.ie:

For Schizophrenia: My now 23 yr old son has been on Abilify since may 2012. Initially on Clozapine but way too zonked. His history is recreational cannabis use caused a psychotic break. Not smoking now or intending to. Hospitalized and medicated. They were surprised and pleased at how quickly he regained his self awareness, home in 2 weeks but recommended at least 6 months meds to forestall relapse. He feels very detached from us and himself, on 10 mgs still. He is nervous of relapse especially since told one of the symptoms of a recurrence would be inability to sleep. Meds reduced in December.

July 27, 2013 8:05 AM

Review by jen62 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: After 7 weeks on Lexapro & seeing no change at all in depression or anxiety, my primary care doc switched me to Abilify (only). I was on Abilify previously with Remeron and did well. I was told by doc on Friday 7/19 that I should start feeling better by Monday & he was right! I feel almost like myself again. Wake up a few times during the night, but am able to go right back to sleep. Still have some anxiety in the mornings (it used to be debilitating and would have to take 1mg of Ativan to calm down). This morning I only had to take 0.5 of the Ativan, so I think this is really working good. I also just got a new small dog on Sunday, which I'm sure helps also with the depression/anxiety but the change is so great I had to share.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2013 3:58 PM

Review by CMH67 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been taking different depression medicines for over 20 yrs. Been taking Celexa for the past 4, but even with an increase, I noticed no difference. I didn't realize that depression was causing me to sleep constantly. I could barely function due to my fatigue. I'm a homemaker that could barely get through one little chore a day. After starting 5mg of Abilify, I am a new person! No more naps, rested in the morning, & getting a lot accomplished every day. I am so relieved, & feel so much energy! My appetite has increased, so I hope this is a temporary side effect. Sometimes I feel like I can't sit still either, so I may cut back on the dosage. I've got my life back, & so hope this medicine can help others that are suffering!

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2013 3:27 PM

Review by AAB:

For Bipolar Disorder: This medicine has been a game changer for me. I stopped stress eating and lost weight, my mood stabilized and I have been incredibly productive and achieved great things on it. It does wonders for my anxiety. I have been on it for a year and could not be happier with the product. It is expensive but WORTH it! Highly recommend.

July 19, 2013 9:45 PM

Review by Haightguy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Agitated State: Started taking Abilify for anxiety about five years ago, when nothing else worked. In about half an hour I could feel the change in me. So much calmer! The only problem is extreme fatigue. Sleep 10 hours a day with naps. Taking 2.5 mg.

July 11, 2013 10:23 PM

Review by Bunkswife:

For Bipolar Disorder: This is what I've always needed. My mood is lifted, I have energy I never had before, I don't feel sad and helpless anymore, my anxiety has lessened and I'm easier to get along with. This may just save my failing marriage. I was afraid of all the side effect warnings but I only experienced mild nausea for about a week, and for the first few days I woke up intermittently during the night, but could easily fall asleep again almost immediately. Feeling so much better!

July 11, 2013 7:14 AM

Review by anonymous153:

For Depression: For the past three months I experienced severe anxiety and depression likely due to intense work stress. Feelings and dread and doom were constant and overwhelming. I had a similar episode about 15 years ago and a GP prescribed Luvox. Within weeks, I felt normal and alive. I've been on it ever since. I finally decided to see a psychiatrist. Well, after an hour meeting and 7 pages of notes, she diagnosed me with severe obsessive compulsive disorder and depression and added a small dose of Abilify. The change was immediate and remarkable. The anxiety is greatly reduced. The depression seems gone. The racing thoughts, while not gone, are reduced. I have energy, however, I constantly feel hungry. I hope it continues.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2013 11:13 AM

Review by AlieC (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: I have only been taking Abilify (along with my Prozac) for 2 days. So far I have had many ups and downs. I wake up feeling shaky and out of sorts. I have trouble breathing and black out a lot. (I black out anyways, but it has increased). Then I go through a period of anxiety and sweating. A little while later I go through severe nausea and then extreme fatigue. Between each phase I feel pretty great, but it's short lived. I'm going to give it more time, but that's the initial reaction for me.

July 4, 2013 2:34 PM

Review by stuckonperc (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: I've used several bipolar medications. This has the least side effects.

July 3, 2013 8:12 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Got put on 15mg of Abilify in the hospital and it has been the best antipsychotic I've taken! My anxiety is pretty much gone and there was a big difference in my mood swings.

June 30, 2013 12:32 PM

Review by jjplumber (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Schizophrenia: I used to hear bad voices in my head,and thought the government was watching me, had evil thoughts in my head while hearing voices. My doctor prescribed me Abilify,and within 2 days all the voices went away, as long as I take it, the voices are not there. What a miracle it has been for me.

June 25, 2013 6:30 AM

For Bipolar Disorder: It works well for me.

June 23, 2013 1:20 AM

Review by Under Control (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: Works for me!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2013 5:10 PM

Review by TJE (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been dealing with a bout of clinical depression since roughly November 2012. It followed a surgery gone wrong, which messed me up physically & mentally. I ended up admitting myself to a psych hospital where spent 9 days. They upped my Zoloft from 50 mg to 100 mg and did nothing else. I left there feeling just as bad as when I was admitted. Upon seeing me following my hospitalization, my psychiatrist recommended Abilify 2 mg as an add-on. He indicated that he'd been very impressed with the quick response a number of his extremely depressed patients had adding on Abilify. I started taking 2 mg two weeks ago. I cannot believe how good I feel after about 7 months of Major Depression. Must try if you take an SSRI!

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2013 3:27 PM

Review by Kitty2489 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: I was recently diagnosed at age 24 with Bipolar disorder (some paranoid features) co-morbid with Asperger's disorder. I have woken up in the morning all my life in an absolute rage, and my Bipolar has affected my life in more ways than I care to mention. I wish I would've known about my mental illness sooner- I thought everyone felt like I did. I have been on this medicine for a week, and for once in my life I wake up in a good mood, I stay in a good mood during the day, and am generally happy. I am extremely productive instead of either too manic or too depressed to function. The only bad thing is the akathesia, but worth it.

June 12, 2013 2:50 AM

Review by rebecca T. (taken for less than 1 month):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: I like the medication but it does dry me out some times. So I drink lots of water. I also do notice it helps you sleep. I haven't been on this medicine long just about two months.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 8, 2013 4:48 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I have suffered from major depression since I was a child and my psychiatrist put me on Abilify 10mg after a suicide attempt. This medicine has helped me tremendously! I actually have energy and motivation now and without Abilify I don't know where I would be today. The only side effect I have noticed is some shaking but not to bad. I told my psychiatrist about it and she put me on Cogentin 1mg which helps alot with the shaking! I would definitely recommend this medicine!

June 7, 2013 12:40 AM

Review by azizhiyane (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Schizophrenia: Excellent I don't hear voices. I feel normal.

May 30, 2013 7:42 PM

Review by Treefrog (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Has changed my life.

May 29, 2013 9:28 PM