User Reviews for Abilify (Page 10)

Learn more about Abilify.

Schizoaffective Disorder 24 reviews 28 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 35 reviews 46 medications

5.9
Summary of Abilify reviews 437 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Abilify

For Bipolar Disorder "Abilify helped me at the maxed out dose of 30mg. I noticed that it made my manic episodes be more contained, however, when I was depressed it dragged me down deeper. I actually was suicidal. It was a real painful thing since usually my manic episodes are a lot worse."

tedlenoski3 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 22, 2012

For Schizophrenia "Worked great on my son, but side effect of restless leg syndrome made it too annoying for him to continue to take."

Anonymous October 22, 2012

For Depression "I really like Abilify. I take it combined with another medication (Lamictal) and my depression improves along with it my racing mind. I have also taken this medicine before for about a year."

JenLynn1013 (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2012

For Borderline Personality Disorder "Abilify made my life mine again. The side effects are minimal and well tolerated. I recommend this!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2012

For Schizophrenia "I have recently been placed on Abilify 20mg for early onset schizophrenia. Previously I was on Amisulpride which made me very tired and gave me problems with sexual dysfunction, Abilify has provided me with a symptom free solution."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I heard voices and experienced wild delusions for over ten years before I found Abilify. At first I took 10mg of Haldol to quiet the voices but that stopped working after 6 months. And the side effects of Haldol were high. My experience with Abilify I think are better than average, in that I'm symptom free, with no side effects. 30mg a day for three years."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2012

For Agitated State "My teen is on first week of Abilify & Strattera will be added in another week for ADD. He had been on Focalin for ADD/ADHD which we thought worked the best of all. ADD meds we tried over many years BUT what we didn't realize is that Stimulant meds (like Focalin, Concerta) can cause paranoia/anxiety and agitation, which came out in him - making his Dr think he had a secondary more worrisome disorder. Every symptom went away after stopping the Stimulant med for 2 months. I hope Abilify works as a balance for the Strattera. His Dr said no more stimulant meds for him - although they work the best. "

Anonymous September 27, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Puerperal Psychosis: Makes me feel hungrier than usual but has given me much more energy than other medicines such as Seroquel, Risperidal and Zyprexa (all of which I have tried previously). Glad to get a chance to try Ablify at last. Seems to curb the delusions and hallucinations too."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2012

For Depression "I have a longstanding history of Depression and Anxiety. I've taken many medicines with some horrible experience. I also seem to "wear out" on a medicine. That is, it's effectiveness diminishes over time. I had a recent severe episode of Major Depression so my doctor decided to switch my anti-depressant (Lexapro to Zoloft with Wellbutrin unchanged) and add Ability. Having gone through this before and warned by my doctors not to expect anything for several weeks - imagine my surprise when I got to the end of the 3rd day I'd taken it and felt a little better. On day 4 I KNEW I was responding to the medication. Within a few more days ALL of my symptoms resolved. It was just short of a miracle! I have experienced no side effects which is a relief."

SharonBW (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2012

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "My doctor added 1 mg Abilify to my Wellbutrin (Name Brand, not generic). About two weeks later, a huge difference in the way that I feel. I have struggled with depression for many years. This episode started in March and was extremely stubborn. Tried Lexapro for six weeks and Pristiq for six weeks. Abilify has been extremely helpful."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2012

For Autism "My 6 yo was on Abilify for two months. His temper tantrums and ability to concentrate were greatly improved, however, the gained 20 pounds and the doctor took him off it. He was also very weepy and emotional on it."

Anonymous August 29, 2012

For Depression "5mg dose; used with Zoloft (50mg). Not too many side effects for me. Some dizziness when getting up and slightly blurred vision immediately upon standing. Mild problems with dehydration, but that is only because I have been spending a lot of time outside this summer. All of these side effects seem to have gotten better over time. I have been on it for about 4 weeks."

Anonymous August 21, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "It did nothing for me and the doctors wouldn't take me off it."

Kegvdbbhkjg (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 19, 2012

For Depression "Intake Effexor XR 375 mg, and lorazepam for depression and anxiety. My doctor added Abilify and I took it in mornings. It made me foggy. I moved it to Bertie and sleep better overall. I have noticed an increase in irritability which equates to feeling extremely angry by 3 pm daily. I've rearranged my lorazepam to reduce that but need more time. I'm also having restlessness which almost feels manic. We shall see. Increased cravings for sweets."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2012

For Schizophrenia "Switched to Abilify from a high dose of Risperdal. Weight gain much less of an issue with Abilify, but drowsiness, depression and lethargy are a problem. Does not help with any negative symptoms. Abilify maintains a mental state with minimal psychotic symptoms for me, but also causes lactation and motivational problems."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 5, 2012

For Depression "Bad side effects. I had bad sweating, muscle stiffness, nausea that would not go away. I had to quit."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2012

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been on Abilify for about 5 months now. It works wonders for my OCD but it makes me restless and non-emotional. It might sound good to not be emotional but when I say that I mean happiness too. It numbs me. I have also gained 15 pounds and so I am coming off the medicine slowly."

Anonymous July 18, 2012

For Schizophrenia "I took this pill for 2 months. I couldn't take it, I had nausea and vomiting. The only good thing was that I lost 20lbs when I was on it."

Anonymous July 17, 2012

For Tourette's Syndrome "My son was on Abilify for the past year and he has been tic free. I am upset because we now are taking him off because his liver enzymes are to high. I wish this didn't happen because he has been tic free since he started taking it."

Anonymous July 16, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Abilify worked better for me than Risperdal for my odd thinking, and I hear voices less on Abilify than Risperdal, as well. It also gave me no side-effects. Unfortunately, I did not find the Abilify to be 100% effective. It does very little for my mood episodes as monotherapy. My psychotic symptoms still seem to pop up here and there too, even on the highest effective dose of 20 mg. Currently, I'm looking for a more effective antipsychotic that doesn't cost an arm and a leg either."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking Abilify for nearly two years to manage my episodes of rage. The medication helps me to talk myself down in circumstances that I would usually build on my ridiculous ideas. It is a miracle medicine for me. Last month when the price went up to $120 dollars I decided to try and manage without it since I am also on a mood stabilizer and an antidepressant. That was a bad idea. After about 9 days I started noticing my episodes of rage increasing and I also started feeling more social anxiety. My husband requested that I begin taking the Abilify again, and after just a couple days I was back to my "normal" self. I take 15 mg at bedtime. Although the cost is high, it is worth it to keep my sanity."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Abilify for nearly 2 years. The first month or so was rough (tired early at night or after a cocktail, restless sleep, waking up early, dizziness, foggy head), but after my Dr. reduced my dose to 2.5 mg/day, side effects improved. The ones that remain are profuse night sweats (SOAKED sheets) and constipation. It does make you a bit tired, but I take it before bed. It completely helped with my irritation/agitation towards people and my children. I have a ton more patience and less anxiety overall. The biggest issue I have is the cost. Get the Abilify Savings card if you are starting a new prescription!"

Cathy8 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2012

For Schizophrenia "My treatment for first episode psychosis started with olanzapine (Zyprexa). It was working really well but was leading to side effects amongst which weight gain was the most significant amongst them. So, eventually aripiprazole was started and I am on it for a while. It seems to be a good medicine with very few side effects and it has worked really well."

abc12345 July 4, 2012

For Depression "The Abilify helped with my major depressive disorder but has left me feeling like I am in a fog. I can't remember anything and my reactions are slow. I actually lost 40 pounds while taking this medication without trying, which I desparately needed to do."

Anonymous51 July 3, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I have had no suicidal thoughts since I've been on this medicine. It is an awesome medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2012