User Reviews for Anakinra

Also known as: Kineret

Learn more about Anakinra.

Schnitzler Syndrome 2 reviews 0 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 1 reviews 362 medications

Still's Disease 4 reviews 0 medications

8.3
Cryopyrin-Associated...riodic Syndromes 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Anakinra reviews 7 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Anakinra

Review by AnnaSB:

For Still's Disease: I just started on this medicine a week ago for AOSD. I have heard people comparing the burn of injection to that of a steroid shot... in my opinion it is a picnic [on the beach, at sunset] compared to that! It also burns way, way less than my Enbrel did. No injection site reaction or other side effects yet. I have high hopes!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2014 9:22 AM

Review by Gabby B:

Kineret (anakinra) for Schnitzler Syndrome: I've been on Kineret (anakinra) for several years for Schnitzler Syndrome. No other medication gave me relief, except high dose steroids, but I was pain and hives free within a couple of days of starting Kineret and back digging in the garden and walking kilometres when I had spent the previous 7 years mainly in bed. It was on the PBS list but now my hospital pays for it on my behalf. No injection site problems or side effects.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 10, 2013 4:08 AM

Review by MaeganL:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have been taking this medication for 9 years now and it takes care of my symptoms pretty good. I have occasional stiffness but it usually occurs after I wake up in the mornings. I know quite a bit about Rheumatoid Arthritis because I have this disease for 22 years now. I've also taken this medication during pregnancy and honestly I have 2 of the healthiest kids you will ever see. I took this in 2008 with my first pregnancy and we both did very well I have no complaints. I took this medication again in 2009 with my second pregnancy and again no problems at all. I hope this helps someone.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2012 10:53 AM

Review by Sessa:

Kineret (anakinra) for Still's Disease: Yes, it does burn when you start to take it and the spot injected might itch. I did a couple of things before taking the shot. 1. warmed it up for about 30 minutes 2. applied ice to the spot I planned to inject 3. would take a Benadryl to keep the itching down. I've been on it several yrs now. It burns or itches...once in a blue moon. It has helped but doesn't keep the fevers and joint/muscle pain completely away, anymore. Good luck! This medicine is definitely worth a try if you have AOSD.

January 31, 2012 9:48 PM

Kineret (anakinra) for Schnitzler Syndrome: Kineret works great for my Schnitzler's Syndrome. It can hurt when injected but if I warm it up to room temperature by letting it sit out for a while or hold the syringe in my hand to warm it up, it hurts A LOT less.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2011 1:04 PM

Review by Still fight'n:

Kineret (anakinra) for Still's Disease: I've only been taking the 100mg shots for 8 days now. It does burn even after it has warmed up. I think this might be because it's thick and has to be injected slowly. But like they say.. no pain no gain.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2011 8:38 PM

Kineret (anakinra) for Still's Disease: The drug works very well. What they don't tell you, though, is that it burns like a steroid each time, every time. So go into it forewarned as it's not anywhere in any literature and it's not something your physician will likely tell you beforehand.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate