User Reviews for Adderall

Learn more about Adderall.

Adderall review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Narcolepsy.

Reviews for Adderall to treat Narcolepsy

Review by AwakeWill: User Rating:

It makes a huge difference in my day! I hate having to take something everyday to stay awake and alert but better then living in the fog I was in the past 8 years of my life (6 of which I didn't even notice they were side effects of something bigger haha.) Things you may notice while taking Adderall with narcolepsy, 1.You are stop being a shut in 2. You actually start calling your friends to do something instead of getting harassed till you finally cave and do something. 3. You're better at work and all of a sudden care about your job. 4. You are grinding your jaw. 5. Stop grinding your jaw. and finally 6. Work with your doctor for the right dosage! There will be a bit of dancing between cracked out and half asleep till you find it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 14, 2014 6:11 AM
Review by Joseg123: User Rating:

In school I could not focus and went through bad moments that I will never forget. Writing this I can still picture all of those who made disgusting gestures because I would leave group projects 1/2 way. Through high school I was in the verge of failing, although, my commitment and dedication to reach the dream of going to college, kept me strong.

November 17, 2013 9:57 PM
Review by Biote (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I've been on adderall for six months for narcolepsy. It has given me a life back. It has helped my severe daytime sleepiness by about 80 %. There are times if I'm really really tired that I can tell the med doesnt help. But mostly it is excellent. The only thing I don't like about it is the crash after the med wears off. I can tell a huge difference. And it is also disappointing that I have to take meds to stay awake each day. But overall, I would say I'm very thankful for it.

November 11, 2013 12:47 AM
Review by AleeD (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I just started Adderall 10 mg for a new diagnosis of narcolepsy. This is the first time I have ever stayed awake through a movie, and been able to sit and read without nodding off. I am still my normal, calm self. But I just do not have the compulsion to sleep. Very helpful.

July 30, 2013 1:35 AM
Review by Kld (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

For 5 years I suffered from hypothyroidism which turned out to be Hashimotos. Which I take thyroid (natural thyroid medication). Once my thyroid was under control myself and doctor were confused on why I was so tired. I would have seizures when I was completely exhausted. Very scary! They thought I had panic attacks but not so! The seizures were all part narcolepsy which apparently can mask under hypothyroidism. I now take 30mg of Adderall XR a day. It is not enough but just really happy I can get through the day without feeling like someone has given me a bottle of sleeping pills. Adderall is my wonder pill and no side effects.

July 22, 2013 1:52 PM
Review by Heff84 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Adderall in my opinion is a "Miracle"! I am prescribed the (IR) 30mg strength, three times a day. Adderall I feel has significantly improved my quality of life.

July 3, 2013 1:36 AM
Review by driftwoodms14 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

I could not get out of bed without Adderall. I have been taking it since 2000. However, I developed a severe spinal disease, fibro, and arthritis. I had to give in to taking pain meds which interfered with my Adderall dosage. I currently take 40mg. I have found this dose ineffective for the past several years. My family doctor prescribes my meds and doesn't feel comfortable titrating up to 60mg. I weigh 335mg as well. I am frustrated and feel exhausted most of the day.

March 30, 2013 7:49 PM
Review by artmuffin (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I am a 69 year old female who has been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since I was in my 30's. The CFS came long after the FMS but Adderall 20 mg 3 x's daily has made my life bearable, enabled me to stay awake, boosted my energy (I also have Hashimoto's disease - hypothyroid) and has provided me with a feeling of normalcy. I see my doctor every 3 months for blood work and medical care. Got a new script today but insurance wants a pre-authorization which will take 3-4 days and I am out of this medication. Guess it will be a sleepy weekend coming up! Adderall rocks!

July 25, 2012 11:36 AM
Review by Katie126: User Rating:

I fall asleep at the drop of a hat and experience sleep paralysis. There are times I know I'm supposed to be awake and I simply can't wake up. Adderall helps so much. I've taken it for about a year, however, and it is wearing off. I hope to find a substitute that will help me stay awake soon.

April 10, 2012 1:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

My life was sleep before I started adderall taking 15 mg twice a day and I'm still tired but not sleeping like I was before. Only been taking it for a few days but has helped a lot. I only slept and worked and sadly that was my life for 5 years.

March 30, 2012 9:51 PM

Lots of side effects - Keeps me awake when taking 50mg a day - makes it hard to go to sleep at night, involuntary muscle movement at times, kills the sex life.

November 30, 2011 3:04 AM
Review by scottf6904: User Rating:

I was diagnosed with narcolepsy 3 years ago. I would fall asleep while driving or even standing and talking to someone. Thanks to Adderall my life is almost normal again.

November 6, 2009 3:52 AM
Review by raraider: User Rating:

I have been on Adderall (60 mg) for 16 months (I am 21 years old). I was sleeping 16-20 hrs a day and when awake I was lethargic and had a compulsion sleep. I also have severe chronic pain, refractory depression, and panic disorder. So with so many problems I could hardly do a thing. Adderall was ideal because it helped treat my narcolepsy, it reduced the sedation from the opioids I take, it actually treats pain when added to opioids, it helped my depression which did not respond to over 40 drugs, and feeling better I stared to conquer my agoraphobia. It can't say it is a "cure" because I still struggle. I can still fall asleep, even when talking to a friend. Only problem was a little bruxism when I started and when the dose went up.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 4, 2009 9:57 AM
Review by won2bfree: User Rating:

This may be a little long so I hope you took your medicines today, LOL. this is my 3rd month on Adderall and it is absolutely a miracle drug for me. I have suffered with extreme fatigue and excessive sleepiness since I was a teenager, I'm 38 now. My doctors have tried me on everything from sleeping pills, to antidepressants, nothing worked. A friend suggested Adderall, I researched it, talked to my doctor about it and we tried Provigil first, which did help, but I was still falling asleep driving, reading, etc. Switched to Adderall. I was so happy I nearly cried when I was telling my doctor how much better I feel. I wish I would have tried this years ago.

160 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 27, 2009 6:21 PM
Review by bettydwood: User Rating:

For Narcolepsy adderall greatly improves daytime sleepiness.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 5, 2008 2:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I love adderall, it's the best. It gives great energy, and doesn't let you get tired. Also, you don't feel the urge to eat everything when you are sad.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 30, 2008 6:58 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Aderrall has really helped me stay alert and concentrate, as I have chronic pain issues which leave me sleepy and unfocused. I have the energy to enjoy life again. I do have difficulty sleeping, and also since I do not take XR can "crush" it if I forget my second dose. I have noticed it makes me most irritable and difficult to be around. This side effect seems to have waned over time, but I am still occasionally cranky when it wears off.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 27, 2008 9:57 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

My stomach couldn't handle the normal adderall so I tried adderall XR. It took a while for me to really enjoy the medication but with combination of cymbalta I don't have real up's and downs. I take 90mg, I am a muscular 255 pound male. I would recommend adderall, side effects, dependancy, dry mouth, less hunger until you come down at night.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 21, 2008 1:33 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

For extreme fatigue I have taken Adderall 10mg a day for 6 month with occasional missing a day. It gives me great energy, negates my fatigue and seams to asuages a slight depression.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 2, 2008 12:44 PM