User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Fatigue 9 reviews 0 medications

8.6
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 301 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Review by 5yroldmind:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I began taking Adderall tablets, 15 -25 mg off and on, sometimes using Ritalin tablets instead. Both medications, although chemically different, have been bad for my sex drive. Adderall was preferable as it did not cause me to feel so emotionally vulnerable and 'weepy' as Ritalin. BUT learning that there's a neuro-toxic impact from Adderall that does not occur with Dexedrine has made me ask the question: why not Dexedrine? I do not enjoy the Adderall 'high' ~ I always take every medicine as prescribed AND vacation. Adderall helped me focus but *felt* physically mean. Now my psych doctor has prescribed Dexedrine ER. I look forward to enjoying sex again.

September 13, 2010 6:59 PM

Review by ashley4u2nv:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have adult ADHD. I'm 21 now and have been on Adderall 20mg 3 times a day for the past 4 years. It's really helped me if you just take it responsibly you don't have any real problems. The only thing I still get dry mouth.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2010 5:46 AM

Review by mistygee25:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : I have been taking 15mg twice daily now for almost a year and feel like myself again. Once the side effects wore off I have been very happy and a lot easier to be around. My impulsivity has ebbed drastically and my temper has evened out. Love it, Thanks Doctor.

August 12, 2010 11:59 PM

Review by sw33ty:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall XR has changed my LIFE! For years, I have struggled with depression and anixety, no motivation, mood swings and couldn't focus on any task. I was diagnosed with ADD/Bi-polar when I was 19-20ish (26now and mom of 1). I have struggled through so many years not knowing after several doctors and tons of medicines or medication combinations I was put on Vyvanse from 30-50mg over a period of 2 years. It worked well for me. In the beginning I had dry mouth, palpitations. My coverage stopped paying for it. Doctor tried me on Strattera and Concerta (not together). After several months I was just still always sick, with stomach cramps, headaches, etc. About 3 years now I've been on Adderall XR 30mg and I still have dry mouth and loss of appetite. Other than that, it has helped me to be a "normal" person and loving, motivated mother.

August 11, 2010 12:50 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm 57 years old. Both my sons were diagnosed with ADHD. I went out with a guy with ADHD and the symptoms he described were just like mine. My doctor was hesitant about prescribing it to someone my age. I went home and got it filled and about 45 minutes later I was amazed. I was talking, being sociable, and enjoying the people I had known for years and barely talked to. I have never felt some calm. I thought, "wow, is this what normal people feel like?" I'm much more focused and productive even though I've always been successful and done well in school. I tried the regular Adderall and it didn't help at all. I'm only taking 10mg and it's working great!

August 11, 2010 12:31 PM

Review by mommashells:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been taking this for 3 months now and I feel we are getting somewhere. I am taking 15 mg in the morning and 15 mg at 1pm. I feel I could have the dose increased as I have only one side effect which is dry mouth. No decreased appetite and no jitters. I have decreased my coffee in take and am much calmer than I have been in years. Before I had trouble with focus and gnatting about. I know we are getting close to where I should be. I am 44 and have suffered too long and so has my children, boss, friends, etc.

August 8, 2010 8:59 PM

Review by wise son:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : Perhaps the lack of eating too much contributes to some of the good results. People underestimate the importance of good diet and activeness!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2010 7:36 PM

Review by DADdy47:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I hate the loss of appetite, other than that, nothing but good things.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2010 9:16 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I am 23 now and I was diagnosed at the age of 8 with ADHD. I was put on Ritalin until I was 17. Ritalin made me stay up all night, it made me depressed. It was a terrible experience. Adderall really helped me, it keeps me focused and on task and just overall it has changed my life.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2010 8:40 PM

Review by freddyguinea:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I recently began taking Adderall 15mg. In terms of mood, I have become less anxious on Adderall. Some people note increased aggression- I feel that I am capable of being more (verbally) aggressive because there is less anxiety to dampen the desire for confrontation. However, I feel more capable of choosing whether or not to pursue confrontation. The other day at the bank, I calmly voiced my discontent over erroneous charges the bank made to my account (for the 3rd time!). When the employee became a bit agitated, I decided to end the conversation rather than escalate the argument. I was satisfied with my performance- I said my piece, got the closet thing to an apology I was going to get, and got out. Adderall seems to make this easier- I don't feel as rev'd up as I would otherwise. Our stress reactions to everyday situations like these are often way out of proportion to the stakes and Adderall seems to dampen down the reaction to something more appropriate. It's a brave new world!

July 4, 2010 10:49 PM

Review by kariered:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I started this when I was 27 years old, diagnosed as ADHD. I have had problems my entire life with struggling to stay awake (in general), excessive daydreaming, and socializing. This medicine turned my life around. Not only was I able to stop daydreaming, finish a task and make a list (for the first time ever), I felt more confident carrying on group conversations. I also lost a lot of weight, which I did need to do.

July 1, 2010 6:22 PM

Review by GlenbeulahGal:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : My son was 7 when he started taking Adderall for his Aspergers Syndrome. He was overweight but after taking the medication for 1.5 years, lost a lot of weight. He is not a picky eater but his appetite was non-existent. There was nothing I could do to get him to eat. We did have to change his medicines and he has since put some weight back on. The medicine did do for us what we needed it to do which was help with his impulsivity.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2010 10:54 AM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm 18 and have been taking Adderall XR 30mg for 10 years now. When I take it, I can focus on school work and my job and actually succeed. I like being able to do well in school and work but lately the side effects have seemed to intensify like crazy. I'd always experienced the loss of appetite but now the sweating, anxiety and depression are all starting to wreck havoc on my life. I'm not sociable at all when I'm on this medication. I feel like I'm more of a robot. And if I get distracted for a second and start something else, I will focus on that instead of getting my work done. I've tried other medications in the past but none do the job like Adderall.

April 27, 2010 1:32 PM

Review by Daddy B:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: It helped me control every aspect of my ADD. The only drawback is the short life of the medicine in your system before the half life begins.

April 20, 2010 12:54 AM

Review by BrianNY:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : I have been on Adderall, 10mg twice per day, for about 2 months now. I am a 32 year old male, and I went to see my doctor because I was having an incredibly difficult time focusing and "locking in" on conversations at work. It was becoming a real problem. I went to previous doctors when I was in high school and college. I told them my concern about my inability to focus. They said I was depressed. But, I wasn't depressed and I knew I wasn't. Finally, someone really listened and Adderall and Adult ADD was their diagnosis. It has been a miracle for me. I finally know what it is like to be alert and alive.

April 7, 2010 7:49 PM

Review by Fwghacker:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm in high school, and just got prescribed to 30mg Adderall XR. When you take it, it starts to work in 30-45 minutes. You are supposed to be able to feel the effects for around 10 hours I believe, and I only feel them for 6 or 7. I feel the full effect for 3 or 4 hours and then they gradually weaken. I told my doctor that I get bored listening to the teacher talk for an hour straight, and get distracted very easily. I thought that the Adderall was going to make me pay attention and not get distracted, but the only thing I have noticed so far is that it makes me very neat with everything (which comes in handy at times). However, it seems like whenever I take it I'm in a good mood. Overall I like it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2010 12:59 AM

Review by kay.ell.dee:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm 16 and not diagnosed with ADD, but have struggled my entire life in school and am constantly failing. I have trouble paying attention, staying focused, and devoting time towards school and homework. Starting around last year I would come home from school everyday very tired and go to sleep til 7 or 8pm. I got prescribed to Adderall this year and it's made a drastic improvement. I have all A's and B's now. But the downfalls are I talk a lot (no I'm not on it right now), and sometimes I focus but on pointless things, and after it wears off I get irritable, anxious and emotional. I wish it lasted longer also. The medicine has kind of taken a slight turn on me and am acting different, and my parents have noticed a change in me.

March 19, 2010 11:15 PM

Review by wkugal:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I took adderall for approx. 6 years. I started off taking 10mg twice a day. The last year of college I was taking 30mg time release twice a day. I feel that I did benefit from the medication during my last year of highschool and throughout college. My grades were B's and above, and during the first three years of highschool I would jump for joy if I earned a B. So having said that, yes adderall did help with my ability to focus, retain information, and to some degree my determination to complete tasks throughout the day. There was a huge price to pay for taking adderall for as long as I did. My metabolism slowed down immensely and maintaining the same diet and exercise I am 50lbs heavier. Doctor told me I would gain 40-75lbs and I did.

March 18, 2010 4:44 PM

Review by Bigdaddyflo:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: It was a year ago I was put on Adderall XR. The difference it has made in my life can not even be explained with words. At 36 yrs of age I went to my family doctor and got real honest. It was a humbling experience. I have suffered with drug addiction, depression and major depression for many years. Being called and labeled so many things since I was 15. I really was not sold on my doctor saying I was a clear cut case of ADHD. Of course I saw three different doctors in about three months and tried three different meds before my doctor put me on Adderall. After being on it for a year. I have got involved in a ministry, moved across the country and am starting a new business in Texas. My wife of 14 years can't believe the difference.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2010 1:26 AM

Review by anonomus:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've been using Adderall for a few months. I have extreme depression along with ADD. I was taking Zoloft before and was scared that the Adderall might counteract with my Zoloft and make ma a zombie or suicidal. Well, the first few days of taking Adderall, I was light headed, weak, and didn't eat. After a few days of throwing up I finally took to the drug. My grades are going up in school. I'm losing weight. This drug really is turning my life around. The main reason I was on it was to concentrate and get my grades up. Adderall allows me to bring my grades up.

March 15, 2010 11:36 AM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : Adderall XR is a helpful drug. I have taken it and Adderall before the XR form for 11 years. This drug has helped me with severe depression also. I am 28 years old and being treated for "adult ADHD" and depression.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2010 1:44 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm 54 years old and was on adderall a while ago and stopped. I thought i was addicted. I'm back on it. 20 mg a day. It helps me to focus mostly while on the computer and while reading. I find that i'm getting severe mood swings and it makes me extremely nervous. People tend to notice my nervousness and have commented. I probably need smaller dose

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2010 7:07 PM

Review by adgsRPh:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been treated with CNS stimulants (methylphenidates and amphetamines) and Adderall has unequivocally been the most beneficial medication for ADHD. I have been on this medicine, 30 mg twice daily, for about 4 years and all of the major symptoms of ADHD are under control which in turn has allowed me to take back control of my life. I would like to add that, for me, it has had a profound positive effect on comorbid Major Depressive Disorder, recurrent (moderate-severe). Tried virtually every antidepressant and various combinations/augmentations since age 22 (except for MAOIs) with little improvement. Now taking Pristiq 50 mg in the morning and a low-dose of mirtazapine (generic for Remeron) at bedtime. No relapse/recurrence in over a year!

February 13, 2010 4:37 PM

Review by Scott R.:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have taken Adderall XR for 6 years now. I started with 20mg once a day and now I am taking 25mg twice a day. I had severe ADHD since I was very young and Adderall XR seems to have taken me out of a fog I felt for many years. After reading other postings I question If I am taking too much of this drug. I do not have any side effects, but I can definitely tell when it is wearing off. It seems I cannot wake up without it and my second dose at noon is never forgotten, or I will start to really drag. I'm worried I am dependent on this drug and it scares me. Now it seems like the dosage is not as effective as I am very tired by 8:00 pm. Overall this drug has helped me tremendously with ADHD and depression.

February 11, 2010 3:39 PM

Review by peace412:

For ADHD: Works great. I've taken it or others just like it most my adult life but it does take years away from your life and is addictive to the point of you becoming non-functioning without it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate