User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine (Page 8)

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Fatigue 16 reviews 0 medications

8.8
Narcolepsy 41 reviews 15 medications

8.8
ADHD 360 reviews 36 medications

8.4
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 417 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been taking Adderall now for about a month. So far so good, it's helped me focus a lot. I felt good before in regard to mood, now I feel even better. I'm concerned it may cause libido issues when I have been on it longer. "

Levi9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2013

For Fatigue: "Iv been taking Adderall for 5 years. In the beginning it was AMAZING!!! Pulled me right out of my "funks" which would keep me in bed for days, it helped me focus on EVERYTHING and basically be super human and feel great about myself. 5 years later it still pulls me out of bed, forces me to do all the things I need to do and makes me feel accomplished. But that's about it. I am emotionless other wise. My immune system is horrible. My body aches constantly because I'm ALWAYS so dehydrated and never let my body rest enough, which has led to use of pain meds...and that combination takes quite a toll. Sometimes i struggle to remember the last time I laughed without reminding myself to. But going back to the way I was before isn't much better..."

SarBear (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and narcolepsy 15 years ago, I have been on every formulation of Ritilan there is, but Adderall XR works the best for me."

grizley April 26, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been taking Adderall since my sophomore year of high school and I'm about half way through college now. When I first started taking it I went from D's and F's to straight A's. I loved everything. I wanted to learn everything. I also lost about twenty pounds just from loss of appetite. But now that I've been on it for a few years when I don't take it the withdrawals hit so hard. I can't even remember what the real person I was before I started taking it. My appetite sky rockets and I don't want to do anything but sit around all day. No motivation. I love being on it and being so productive but sometimes I get so overly focused I get really irritable with people around me. "

Kelbel926364 April 24, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall is effective, but it comes with consequences. Both to your physical and mental health. I am 27 years old, I have taken Adderall on and off for about 10 years. Started it my freshman year of college. It was AMAZING at first! Lost that freshman 15, got straight A's, actually ENJOYED my work. Then I started noticing the crash symptoms. Tired, withdrawn, emotionless, sleepless. I stopped taking it because I hated the way it made me feel, but I realized how much more productive I am when taking it. When I start taking it again my immune system is shot, I'm constantly sick with something, I get super irritable. When I don't take it I can barely get out of bed and I always gain weight, which always sucks. It's a vicious cycle."

LaurenNikki April 1, 2013

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I could not get out of bed without Adderall. I have been taking it since 2000. However, I developed a severe spinal disease, fibro, and arthritis. I had to give in to taking pain meds which interfered with my Adderall dosage. I currently take 40mg. I have found this dose ineffective for the past several years. My family doctor prescribes my meds and doesn't feel comfortable titrating up to 60mg. I weigh 335mg as well. I am frustrated and feel exhausted most of the day."

driftwoodms14 (taken for 10 years or more) March 30, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "The best! No nighttime anxiety like on Concerta ,feel stable and able to think and be organized a good 10-12 hours . Also acts as an anti anxiety and anti depressant for me."

DrBunny March 15, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've gone through most of my adult life not knowing that I have ADHD. After finding that I had literally every single symptom. As my doctor said, Whoa! You're off the chart here! I've been taking 20mg for a month now. Some of my symptoms bother me. Forgetting what I was talking about mid sentence, going into a room forgetting what I was there for. All in all though, I call this medicine a miracle. I hate thinking about how much of my life I've missed out on before this. I was in school to be a Pharmacy Tech. I dropped out within a month, because I just couldn't keep up, or focus. I feel good now. My insurance at first weren't filling it. My doctor had to call the insurance co, they approved it for a year. My doctors appointment to check how this medicine dosage is working. I think I need to go up a bit. I don't have annoying side effects"

ACapone (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I floated through high school, got honors and graduated a year early. Did the same through a state college, even though I was accepted to Ivy leagues with scholarships. I chose the easy route as I hated books, and never read anything, despite being able to pass with a bachelors in college and honors in HS just on auditory lecture learning, I was scared to challenge myself. Went to nursing school 10 years ago and failed out. Then I tried again on Adderall - Out of a class of 140, I'm #1. Everything I read I absorb. I can NOW focus. Everything's wired tight and each day I am limitless on what I can learn. I feel music. I'm in touch with everything. I thank everyday I'm on it."

Years later - finally realizing potential. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2013

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It makes me not able to sleep, irritable, and when I take I just don't feel like me."

Jess_red February 9, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall really helps me focus and stay on task. I used to start projects before I took Adderall and I always got side tracked and not be able to finish what I've started. Now that I take Adderall I complete tasks and I'm able to stay focused throughout the whole project. Also I complete what I've started! Thank you Adderall, you really helped me out!"

bubba520 January 29, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Great medicine for motivation and getting your life in order. Thoughts are clearer now and I am wondering what my life would have been like if I started the therapy sooner. Have been taking 70mg daily for approx. 7 months. One drawback I have experienced is occasional impulsive behavior linked I believe to over confidence."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall makes me always want to smoke cigarettes to relax and not shake so much. I have a love hate for it I love it but I hate that I have to depend on it everyday to do my daily tasks."

Becks1993 January 16, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall has made me successful at work. It allows me to dominate. I am the hardest worker. I only want to work and get ahead, but not socialize."

Jay H. (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 8, 2013

For ADHD: "It has helped me very much but I do get a couple side effects that really annoy me. I get really bad insomnia, my heart beats extremely fast and I lose my appetite completely. With that said, it is a good medicine and works for some but to others it may not be what works for them."

Fentanylbliss December 16, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I actually have ADD. This may work for many people, but it gave me bad chest pain."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm able to tackle life and with a good mood."

adds November 15, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am a 45 year old male and was never diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. However, I have nearly every symptom and have suffered the consequences of this problem my entire life. In short, Adderall changed my life. I have never liked taking any medication but the increase in the quality of my life is worth any side effect I may incur down the road."

Adderall4me November 6, 2012

For Fatigue: "I am a 41 year old female, as a child and teenager I was always high strung, but managed to get good grades in school. I had my first child at 18 after my child was born my energy was cut in half and did have quite a bit of depression. Four children later my youngest started noticing short term memory loss even for easy tasks, along with severe lack of energy. I have been taking Adderall for 2 years now, my family noticed a great improvement in my ability to organize, take care of the house and my attitude was more positive. If you take your medicines as prescribed the medicine is wonderful. It changed my life for the better. "

rachelfaye (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 30, 2012

For Narcolepsy: "I fall between fatigue and narcolepsy. I've been this way for about 15 years. Thought I was just a sleepy person. Then my doctor suggested I might have sleep apnea. So I went to a sleep specialist and had the test. Mild results (6x an hour). She put me on a C-PAP machine and after a few months there was no improvement in my EDS. First there was Provigil which made me fall asleep a few hours after taking. Then on to Nuvigil which wasn't strong enough. Tried Ritalin next and the crash was too severe. At my suggestion the doctor prescribed dextroamphetamine salts and it has helped immensely. No more falling asleep at traffic lights, at the office or after work (no more strain on my marriage). I take 2x 30mg a day with zero side effects."

Sojrn (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 5, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Helps me keep my attention in class, but seems to make me keep grinding my teeth and move my jaw around. A tick I guess."

BODEY H. (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been taking 60mg of Adderall a day for 14 years now. It's a miracle! I don't think I would have made it through high school or college without it. I started when I was 14 and starting high school. I loathed getting up early, but shortly after taking my pills I was awake and motivated to get ready and go about my day. It made boring classes seem more interesting. It gives you this focus and drive to be productive.I don't feel like myself without them. I'm cranky, unmotivated, eat and sleep a lot if I don't take it. Just be cautious with dosage. You do develop a tolerance to it over time. If your blood pressure goes way up and you feel jittery or shaky, your taking too high of a mg. People should start with 10 or 20mg at first."

Blondy02 October 3, 2012

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fatigue: "This medication for fatigue is really helpful. Being a mom of 2 boys I always have to be up and going. This is really a lifesaver."

lovemybby2012 August 30, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My focus and energy increased immensely. I did a 4 to 6 page research final paper in 3 days. I finally can focus on tasks and not spend hours and hours on one task because I dosed off and daydream. I also did a 13 page AP English within 9 days. I'm glad I decided to take Adderall XR at the end of high school and now I will be taking it while I'm in college. Is it a cognitive enhancer which is said a lot ABSOLUTELY NOT. It doesn't make you smarter, it doesn't improve your thinking, and it doesn't improve your memory. It just do what its suppose to do and helps you focus. The bad thing is that it is hard to sleep."

NBA (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "36 year old female diagnosed with ADHD. Started on Concerta 30mg daily (2 weeks), no therapeutic effect but had extreme dry mouth, a crash/grogginess in the evenings. Switched to Adderall XR 20mg daily, no therapeutic effect; experienced dry mouth and slight loss of appetite during day, made up for it in evening. Just started 40mg daily and I feel the therapeutic effect. Profound concentration at work, desire to tweak processes, love getting things done, a non-stop interest in being productive with everything. I have this sense of crystal clear clarity of my surroundings, like HDTV sight. Around 5pm, I still feel a crash and extreme tiredness. I will see if I can take a short acting pill to get me through the evening. VERY PLEASED NOW."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2012