Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Fatigue 9 reviews 0 medications

8.6
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 313 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Review by disgruntled spouse+:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: My wife started taking Adderal 5 months ago. It completely changed her for the worse. Sure she might be able to complete tasks and feels energized but the side effects are ruining our family. She goes from talking to screaming in mid sentence. Violent behavior is now the norm. Zero sex drive. Total lack of regard for others. I have talked to her about these issues but the responses are "shut up". She has lost 20 lbs and looks terrible. By the way she was bulimic as a teen and into college. So the weight loss is appealing to her. I contacted the first nurse vacationer that prescribed it for her. He cut her off.

December 11, 2010 12:32 AM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Helps greatly.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2010 12:08 PM

Review by jreal:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been taking this for 2 days. It is great, I have been losing my appetite but have been eating when I get home. Other then that it is great.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2010 9:54 PM

Review by Jessica Elizabeth Nicole Haddax:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I find that with Adderall XR everything has improved. I am diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, Bipolar mixed cycling, and anxiety {GAD}. Before I would stay in bed for three weeks straight because I had no energy. With Adderall XR I am able to function. Recently I have lost my pill bottle (a real downside to being adhd - you loose things), and I am not looking forward to sitting through more classes without it. I think I've finally found the right dose - 30 MG once a day in the morning seems to work for me. I just cannot have any type of eggs. I notice, however, that this makes me feel a million times better. I've noticed a little weight loss but not much.

November 20, 2010 10:11 AM

Review by sjmoore4:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I began taking this before I began any other medication. It made me more anxious and nervous. It also seemed to increase my OCD (the "pure O" form) by making me more prone to think about my OCD. It did help me to focus on occasions, but it also made me focus on my anxieties and obsessions as well. My therapist told me that stimulants like this one and Concerta are not good for people with anxiety disorders (almost all of them), unless they have anxiety because they cannot focus and accomplish necessary tasks. I recommend talking to a counselor or Psychologist/psychiatrist before being prescribed stimulants for ADHD.

November 7, 2010 6:00 PM

For ADHD: It helps with symptoms of ADD and ADHD, but I worry about the possible addictiveness of the medicine. I also worry about what pharmacy I fill the prescription because some of the generic versions have made me sick if I wait more than 20-30 minutes after eating to take the medication. I'm not sure if it is the fillers used in the different generics or the amount of the actual medicine in the product.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2010 12:27 AM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been taking Adderall XR 30mg for about 7 months now and I am starting to get concerned. I started out with 20mg, but was still very impulsive, so upped the dose to 30mg. I can focus and listen really well, but I am noticing increasing negative effects. I noticed dizziness right away, but this improved after a few weeks. Then I started to notice myself constantly stumbling over words when talking. I have NEVER had that problem before. I began to get headaches every day about two months ago and it is getting worse daily. That's a big concern to me because amphetamines are bad for the liver and kidneys as it is, and now I HAVE to take increasing doses of ibuprofen just to "take the edge off" of the headaches.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2010 8:57 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : I have been on and off Adderall for the better part of a decade now. I am a 26 year old, male. This drug works wonders if you have the strength to take it as prescribed. When I take Adderall, without abusing it, I feel I am able to live what a person would call a "normal life". It helps with my attention, concentration, motivation, I feel I can socialize easier and I perform better at work.

September 30, 2010 9:57 AM

Review by pilara:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall has changed my life. I have so much more energy, I'm more alert, and can stay focused on tasks a lot easier. However, I notice when it is starting to wear off, I get really moody. So, I make sure I'm not around people when that's the case. I was really worried about becoming dependent, so at least once or twice a week, I don't take it all to make sure I'm not addicted. Another warning, don't take this after 1pm. You will be up all night. It sucks. Your body will be so tired and you'll want to go to sleep, but your mind is just alert and wide awake! It really suppresses the appetite too but the longer you take it, the less effect it has!

September 29, 2010 7:30 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This medicine is not to be taken lightly. It helps very much.

September 27, 2010 2:56 PM

Review by HelpsImmensely:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall has been hugely beneficial in allowing me to function with improved mental acuity, and I am able to take a relatively low dose to achieve these desired treatment effects.

September 27, 2010 1:02 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've been taking Adderall for 3 years and have experienced extreme nervousness, loss of appetite, trouble sleeping, dry mouth, dizziness etc. Adderall is not for all.

September 20, 2010 8:41 PM

Review by 5yroldmind:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I began taking Adderall tablets, 15 -25 mg off and on, sometimes using Ritalin tablets instead. Both medications, although chemically different, have been bad for my sex drive. Adderall was preferable as it did not cause me to feel so emotionally vulnerable and 'weepy' as Ritalin. BUT learning that there's a neuro-toxic impact from Adderall that does not occur with Dexedrine has made me ask the question: why not Dexedrine? I do not enjoy the Adderall 'high' ~ I always take every medicine as prescribed AND vacation. Adderall helped me focus but *felt* physically mean. Now my psych doctor has prescribed Dexedrine ER. I look forward to enjoying sex again.

September 13, 2010 6:59 PM

Review by ashley4u2nv:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have adult ADHD. I'm 21 now and have been on Adderall 20mg 3 times a day for the past 4 years. It's really helped me if you just take it responsibly you don't have any real problems. The only thing I still get dry mouth.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2010 5:46 AM

Review by mistygee25:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : I have been taking 15mg twice daily now for almost a year and feel like myself again. Once the side effects wore off I have been very happy and a lot easier to be around. My impulsivity has ebbed drastically and my temper has evened out. Love it, Thanks Doctor.

August 12, 2010 11:59 PM

Review by sw33ty:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall XR has changed my LIFE! For years, I have struggled with depression and anixety, no motivation, mood swings and couldn't focus on any task. I was diagnosed with ADD/Bi-polar when I was 19-20ish (26now and mom of 1). I have struggled through so many years not knowing after several doctors and tons of medicines or medication combinations I was put on Vyvanse from 30-50mg over a period of 2 years. It worked well for me. In the beginning I had dry mouth, palpitations. My coverage stopped paying for it. Doctor tried me on Strattera and Concerta (not together). After several months I was just still always sick, with stomach cramps, headaches, etc. About 3 years now I've been on Adderall XR 30mg and I still have dry mouth and loss of appetite. Other than that, it has helped me to be a "normal" person and loving, motivated mother.

August 11, 2010 12:50 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm 57 years old. Both my sons were diagnosed with ADHD. I went out with a guy with ADHD and the symptoms he described were just like mine. My doctor was hesitant about prescribing it to someone my age. I went home and got it filled and about 45 minutes later I was amazed. I was talking, being sociable, and enjoying the people I had known for years and barely talked to. I have never felt some calm. I thought, "wow, is this what normal people feel like?" I'm much more focused and productive even though I've always been successful and done well in school. I tried the regular Adderall and it didn't help at all. I'm only taking 10mg and it's working great!

August 11, 2010 12:31 PM

Review by mommashells:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been taking this for 3 months now and I feel we are getting somewhere. I am taking 15 mg in the morning and 15 mg at 1pm. I feel I could have the dose increased as I have only one side effect which is dry mouth. No decreased appetite and no jitters. I have decreased my coffee in take and am much calmer than I have been in years. Before I had trouble with focus and gnatting about. I know we are getting close to where I should be. I am 44 and have suffered too long and so has my children, boss, friends, etc.

August 8, 2010 8:59 PM

Review by wise son:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : Perhaps the lack of eating too much contributes to some of the good results. People underestimate the importance of good diet and activeness!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2010 7:36 PM

Review by DADdy47:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I hate the loss of appetite, other than that, nothing but good things.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2010 9:16 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I am 23 now and I was diagnosed at the age of 8 with ADHD. I was put on Ritalin until I was 17. Ritalin made me stay up all night, it made me depressed. It was a terrible experience. Adderall really helped me, it keeps me focused and on task and just overall it has changed my life.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2010 8:40 PM

Review by freddyguinea:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I recently began taking Adderall 15mg. In terms of mood, I have become less anxious on Adderall. Some people note increased aggression- I feel that I am capable of being more (verbally) aggressive because there is less anxiety to dampen the desire for confrontation. However, I feel more capable of choosing whether or not to pursue confrontation. The other day at the bank, I calmly voiced my discontent over erroneous charges the bank made to my account (for the 3rd time!). When the employee became a bit agitated, I decided to end the conversation rather than escalate the argument. I was satisfied with my performance- I said my piece, got the closet thing to an apology I was going to get, and got out. Adderall seems to make this easier- I don't feel as rev'd up as I would otherwise. Our stress reactions to everyday situations like these are often way out of proportion to the stakes and Adderall seems to dampen down the reaction to something more appropriate. It's a brave new world!

July 4, 2010 10:49 PM

Review by kariered:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I started this when I was 27 years old, diagnosed as ADHD. I have had problems my entire life with struggling to stay awake (in general), excessive daydreaming, and socializing. This medicine turned my life around. Not only was I able to stop daydreaming, finish a task and make a list (for the first time ever), I felt more confident carrying on group conversations. I also lost a lot of weight, which I did need to do.

July 1, 2010 6:22 PM

Review by GlenbeulahGal:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : My son was 7 when he started taking Adderall for his Aspergers Syndrome. He was overweight but after taking the medication for 1.5 years, lost a lot of weight. He is not a picky eater but his appetite was non-existent. There was nothing I could do to get him to eat. We did have to change his medicines and he has since put some weight back on. The medicine did do for us what we needed it to do which was help with his impulsivity.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2010 10:54 AM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm 18 and have been taking Adderall XR 30mg for 10 years now. When I take it, I can focus on school work and my job and actually succeed. I like being able to do well in school and work but lately the side effects have seemed to intensify like crazy. I'd always experienced the loss of appetite but now the sweating, anxiety and depression are all starting to wreck havoc on my life. I'm not sociable at all when I'm on this medication. I feel like I'm more of a robot. And if I get distracted for a second and start something else, I will focus on that instead of getting my work done. I've tried other medications in the past but none do the job like Adderall.

April 27, 2010 1:32 PM