User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine (Page 8)

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Narcolepsy 40 reviews 15 medications

8.8
Fatigue 16 reviews 0 medications

8.8
ADHD 345 reviews 36 medications

8.5
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 401 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm able to tackle life and with a good mood."

adds November 15, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am a 45 year old male and was never diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. However, I have nearly every symptom and have suffered the consequences of this problem my entire life. In short, Adderall changed my life. I have never liked taking any medication but the increase in the quality of my life is worth any side effect I may incur down the road."

Adderall4me November 6, 2012

For Fatigue: "I am a 41 year old female, as a child and teenager I was always high strung, but managed to get good grades in school. I had my first child at 18 after my child was born my energy was cut in half and did have quite a bit of depression. Four children later my youngest started noticing short term memory loss even for easy tasks, along with severe lack of energy. I have been taking Adderall for 2 years now, my family noticed a great improvement in my ability to organize, take care of the house and my attitude was more positive. If you take your medicines as prescribed the medicine is wonderful. It changed my life for the better. "

rachelfaye (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 30, 2012

For Narcolepsy: "I fall between fatigue and narcolepsy. I've been this way for about 15 years. Thought I was just a sleepy person. Then my doctor suggested I might have sleep apnea. So I went to a sleep specialist and had the test. Mild results (6x an hour). She put me on a C-PAP machine and after a few months there was no improvement in my EDS. First there was Provigil which made me fall asleep a few hours after taking. Then on to Nuvigil which wasn't strong enough. Tried Ritalin next and the crash was too severe. At my suggestion the doctor prescribed dextroamphetamine salts and it has helped immensely. No more falling asleep at traffic lights, at the office or after work (no more strain on my marriage). I take 2x 30mg a day with zero side effects."

Sojrn (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 5, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Helps me keep my attention in class, but seems to make me keep grinding my teeth and move my jaw around. A tick I guess."

BODEY H. (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been taking 60mg of Adderall a day for 14 years now. It's a miracle! I don't think I would have made it through high school or college without it. I started when I was 14 and starting high school. I loathed getting up early, but shortly after taking my pills I was awake and motivated to get ready and go about my day. It made boring classes seem more interesting. It gives you this focus and drive to be productive.I don't feel like myself without them. I'm cranky, unmotivated, eat and sleep a lot if I don't take it. Just be cautious with dosage. You do develop a tolerance to it over time. If your blood pressure goes way up and you feel jittery or shaky, your taking too high of a mg. People should start with 10 or 20mg at first."

Blondy02 October 3, 2012

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fatigue: "This medication for fatigue is really helpful. Being a mom of 2 boys I always have to be up and going. This is really a lifesaver."

lovemybby2012 August 30, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My focus and energy increased immensely. I did a 4 to 6 page research final paper in 3 days. I finally can focus on tasks and not spend hours and hours on one task because I dosed off and daydream. I also did a 13 page AP English within 9 days. I'm glad I decided to take Adderall XR at the end of high school and now I will be taking it while I'm in college. Is it a cognitive enhancer which is said a lot ABSOLUTELY NOT. It doesn't make you smarter, it doesn't improve your thinking, and it doesn't improve your memory. It just do what its suppose to do and helps you focus. The bad thing is that it is hard to sleep."

NBA (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "36 year old female diagnosed with ADHD. Started on Concerta 30mg daily (2 weeks), no therapeutic effect but had extreme dry mouth, a crash/grogginess in the evenings. Switched to Adderall XR 20mg daily, no therapeutic effect; experienced dry mouth and slight loss of appetite during day, made up for it in evening. Just started 40mg daily and I feel the therapeutic effect. Profound concentration at work, desire to tweak processes, love getting things done, a non-stop interest in being productive with everything. I have this sense of crystal clear clarity of my surroundings, like HDTV sight. Around 5pm, I still feel a crash and extreme tiredness. I will see if I can take a short acting pill to get me through the evening. VERY PLEASED NOW."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It didn't work for my son and he ended up bouncing around on a lot of medicines."

Anonymous August 16, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Amazing."

nopelol (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 7, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I am a 69 year old female who has been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since I was in my 30's. The CFS came long after the FMS but Adderall 20 mg 3 x's daily has made my life bearable, enabled me to stay awake, boosted my energy (I also have Hashimoto's disease - hypothyroid) and has provided me with a feeling of normalcy. I see my doctor every 3 months for blood work and medical care. Got a new script today but insurance wants a pre-authorization which will take 3-4 days and I am out of this medication. Guess it will be a sleepy weekend coming up! Adderall rocks!"

artmuffin (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 25, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm a full-time college student in my mid-20s. I've been on Adderall for 3 months now. I cut my 15mg IR in half and take it in the morning and the other half 3 hours later (and another half after 3-4 hours if needed). I don't take it everyday, I probably only take it 4x a week. If you don't have an addictive personality, you won't be addicted to it. I have to say it works really well with my ADD. I'm able to study for hours at a time. I don't necessarily think it makes you smarter. It just lets you focus on a task without getting distracted. I think my only complaint is sudden mood swings and agitation. I definitely noticed a difference in my personality the days I'm not on it. I get angry very easily and irritable."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am 22 years old and never was a bad student throughout school but was always very unfocused when it came to reading comprehension and listening to lectures. I now work for a general physician and she seemed to notice my frustration with not being able to get anything done when there was a lot to do. I would get very aggravated easily and had very bad mood swings. My doctor prescribed me Adderral XR and I waS very hesitant to take it. When I started taking it I felt like I was much calmer, was able to do my job. It's really great me and my husband get along now because I'm not so uptight. It does give me dry mouth and insomnia but I can deal with the no appetite. Overall I think it is great!"

Smiley - Reece cup (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been on Adderall for a little under a month. Let me say, this is the magic pill. I can focus, sit and watch an actual movie, and pay attention in daily life as well as my college. Love Adderall."

BR4892 (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2012

For Fatigue: "Used to treat both my extreme fatigue and my treatment-resistant bipolar depression, this medicine has changed my life. Without it, my other meds in my cocktail made it impossible for me to do much besides sleep all day, made my concentration nonexistant during manic and mixed states, and my depressions were darker and longer-lasting. I was also unable to work. With my other medications, I now lead a normal life, can read, write, and otherwise concentrate on whatever I need or want to do, don't stay in bed all day, have energy, rarely am depressed, and contrary to some doctor's lectures, using this medication has not caused manic or mixed states. Indeed, I have not experienced a single manic, mixed, or hypomanic state in years."

Finally Euthymic and Alert (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 23, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have ADHD & narcolepsy. I recently started Adderall after trying a few other medications. So far the Adderall has been a God send. I hope it continues to help me with my problems."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2012

For ADHD: "This medicine is a SAVING GRACE! It 100% helps me be able to focus in school. Not only that but I find myself able to start AND finish projects with great detail!"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 3, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been taking Adderall for now 4 months. It's helped so much! My grades have improved tremendously! I'm more focused and can pay attention a lot more. The only issue is when I take it I take one 30mg pill a day by the end of school I'm exhausted and feel sick. I've lost almost 20 pounds and I don't take in on the weekends because I can't have fun. "

summerr (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall XR works wonders. I can finally get my scattered brain to focus on one thing at a time. The downside is that it doesn't work as long as advertised. I am lucky if it lasts 6 hours, and I work for 8. Once I get home, I feel like I'm having a major caffeine crash. I've heard that once you adjust to the medication, you stop crashing so hard. I've only been on it for one month. "

LillyF (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This medication has completely changed my life. Without it I feel like I am not complete. Twisted I feel like I can accomplish anything. Without it I sleep and have no motivation, suffer from depression, anxiety, no social skills. With it my whole social outlook changed, I am no longer shy and not showing away from social encounters. It is definitely a miracle."

justindavid22 April 25, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have used this medication for over three years, with great success in combating lifelong inability to maintain focus, or to complete tasks, get to work on time, etc., etc. Recently, my physician informed me that the manufacturer of Adderall had quit making immediate release tablets (was taking 1-2 20mg/day)- and switched me over to Vyvanse 40mg time released. Now I'm having problems sleeping, feel generally depressed. Doubt they quit making Adderall/as my doctor said...and think it is more likely the authorities was coming down."

new focus? April 20, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I fall asleep at the drop of a hat and experience sleep paralysis. There are times I know I'm supposed to be awake and I simply can't wake up. Adderall helps so much. I've taken it for about a year, however, and it is wearing off. I hope to find a substitute that will help me stay awake soon."

Katie126 April 10, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been suffering through ADD and Dyslexia my whole life. Together, the two work together to make your life a hell pit. Dyslexia made it harder for me to understand things and ADD made it hard for me to keep my focus long enough to understand it. I have been on and off ADD medications throughout my life, all which had negatives which outweighed the positives. I am now 17, I also lost hope in myself that I would ever be, "normal". It was taking me as least 10 times as long to complete task as my classmates. I started to become a burnout... until, I was prescribed Adderall. My head that once felt like a rock, now feels totally capable of thinking. My grades went up and now I have hope. I still have challenges, but they are manageable."

--Jake-- April 8, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "My life was sleep before I started adderall taking 15 mg twice a day and I'm still tired but not sleeping like I was before. Only been taking it for a few days but has helped a lot. I only slept and worked and sadly that was my life for 5 years."

Anonymous March 30, 2012