User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Fatigue 13 reviews 0 medications

Narcolepsy 38 reviews 15 medications

8.9
ADHD 316 reviews 31 medications

8.5
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 367 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am a 36 year old African American female graduate student who is currently applying to med school, while working full-time in a hospital pharmacy. I had been on Effexor 150mg daily for several years for depression. Last March (2011), I was diagnosed with ADHD by a LCSW with 30 years of experience in the field. Initially, I was on Concerta 36mg, but switched to the less expensive Adderall XR 20mg daily. I find that my concentration is much better, but I have lost 30 lbs. & have a decreased libido. After taking Adderall XR 20mg for only 3 months, I saw significant improvements in my MCAT score (8th MCAT attempt)! This year, I am will definitely obtain a competitive score & finally secure my spot in med school. THANKS ADDERALL XR!"

FUTURE MD February 14, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was prescribed Adderall XR 15mg six months ago after trying Focalin XR and not liking it because of severe stomach pains it would give me. Before trying the Adderall and Focalin I was diagnosed with ADHD because I brought it to my doctors attention. I had always had a problem in high school and even middle school with getting good grades, everyone thought I was lazy. In college the situation was getting worse, and I started to get depressed about my bad grades. I then realized my depression was stemming from my inability to concentrate on school work. It's been six months since I've been on the Adderall XR, and my grades have shot up! I get A's and B's in all my classes and am so much more organized which helps with everything in my life."

bergenstudent90 February 14, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Double edged sword with Adderall. Great for concentration, brought my college GPA from a 2.5 to a 3.7, amazing. Although I do have trouble sleeping with it, and I often have mild bouts of depression, and roller coaster of emotion that I never have had before. Although it is important to state that this may be because I am not eating as much and forget to eat, which could easily cause these symptoms. AMAZING for athletics, I am able to run 3-4 times farther with this, really great. A nice feeling when its working and with a definite comedown. Its important to mention I am on the IR version, which could be causing these side effects. My food habits are also now VERY healthy."

Anonymous February 13, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It helps with everyday activities and I stay attentive and more focused."

Anonymous January 31, 2012

For Narcolepsy: "Have only needed to take 1/2 of daily dosage, this medicine works!"

mrsstomper January 28, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take only 5mg a day but it works for my mild ADD. This gives me great concentration and I can get things done. Without this, I can't even read an article in a newspaper. This is my life saver. The only catch is I get tense TMJ from this. But I lived with it as the benefit outweigh the side effect."

luluchan January 20, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Definitely makes me focus and achieve all things; through home and work. No more daydreaming! 30Mg XR."

gemzy January 17, 2012

For Fatigue: "When I took them I was extremely tired from working all night and day.. doing a double shift and I took one 30mg pill and I was wide awake in about no more that 15 minutes.."

The one n only January 14, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADD at 21, as a junior in college. Before Adderall, I was an average student. I had a short attention span and difficulty efficiently completing tasks. The first time I took it, I read long passages and retained all the information. I actually follow my professors in-class. I didn't dread studying anymore; I actually kind of enjoyed it! I couldn't believe it. Within 2 semesters, my GPA has gone from a 3.1 to a 3.5. There are only a few downsides that come to mind. First, I have trouble falling asleep at night. Next, I get irritated when studying/tasks are interrupted. Also, coming off of it, I feel extremely tired for at least 3 or 4 days."

Anonymous December 14, 2011

For Fatigue: "I take 30mg tabs twice daily for excessive sleep disorder. It has improved my daily living immensely without severe side effects."

Anonymous December 1, 2011

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Lots of side effects - Keeps me awake when taking 50mg a day - makes it hard to go to sleep at night, involuntary muscle movement at times, kills the sex life."

Anonymous November 30, 2011

For ADHD: "I was medication free for over 10 years. After I had my daughter the mental static as I call it got progressively worse. I couldn't finish tasks, or concentrate, I forgot to set my alarm clock, burned food, fell massively behind at work, and the last straw was when I forgot to give my daughter a dose of antibiotic for a sinus infection. I've been on Adderall 30 mg for around a year now, and the difference is amazing. Much better than the Ritalin I took as a child. I feel like I assume people without AD(H)D feel. I no longer have static and random thoughts pulling me off task."

JMDParker November 27, 2011

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I had been taking Adderall (generic) for approximately five years but recently switched to dextroamphetamine because it was getting so hard to get Adderall due to (as the pharmacy said) "a manufacturer backorder". But talk about serendipity; the dextroamphetamine makes me clench my jaw a LOT less than the amphetamine salts and as I begin to lose focus at the end of the day I don't get a headache to boot. So overall I have to say the dextroamphetamine is significantly better than Adderall on several levels."

tlcbiz November 17, 2011

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Works well. Be sure not to take in evening or night just in the morning and noon though, because it will cause sleeplessness."

Anonymous November 16, 2011

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Been on Adderall XR for a week and I can tell a huge difference in my daily life. I was prescribed 20mg once a day. I am 35 years old and I believe I have always suffered from untreated ADHD. My only complaint is with no insurance it is a fairly expensive medication but so far well worth the cost."

Anonymous November 4, 2011

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This medicine increasingly made my symptoms get worse. I became aggressive, ignorant, emotional and I am not a person who gets emotional. Note: I was 12. Please, watch closely if you give this to children."

soharu November 2, 2011

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have a vast array of psych problems from ADD to OCD to suicidal ideation. Adderall was the first wonder pill for me. It made every other medicine I was taking more tolerable and more effective. It caused my mind to stop racing so bad. Adderall changed my life."

EvansWonderland November 1, 2011

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been on Adderall since I was in high school, so about 5 years. It works well for my concentration and allows me to focus for an extended period of time, such as when studying. This medicine has definitely helped me but it has a lot of side effects. For me, loss of appetite, euphoria, and dry mouth is the most common. Headaches are frequent, but nothing Ibuprofen can't fix. I've been on/off antidepressants that affected the Adderall. When I was on Lexapro, taking Adderall would make me irritable, anxious, and paranoid. Sometimes to a full blown panic attack. Now I'm on Prozac and the Adderall combination is fine. But I still get anxious and mildly irritable when the "high" of the Adderall decreases."

Anonymous October 28, 2011

For ADHD: "I am 37 yr old Male. As a young adult I always found fascination in thinking about 25 things at once, and being excessively consumed with multiple projects. It wasn't until this year that I actually recognized that I never finished any of the 25 projects I started. I don't have any depression or severe symptoms, I just simply can't stop getting pulled into 20 directions all the time. I started, and am remaining on a 5mg twice/day prescription. The difference in my ability to get stuff done is like night and day. I don't take it after 3pm, or I wont be able to sleep at night. And I don't take it on the weekends. On days where I feel somewhat sane, I don't take it either. "

Anonymous October 24, 2011

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have always known I was intelligent and a doer, but I could never finish a project or class work without starting another(2-3 really!) projects. Therefore I would always get depressed and feel worthless, I couldn't handle small talk and had extreme anxiety when I had to go to church because I couldn't sit still for more than 20-30 min without wanting to burst. My mom always found ways to teach me to calm myself down in different situations but she didn't understand how bad it was. She also didn't believe in medicating her children. I wish I could describe what my first 5 employers said about me when I left their companies. I will just say this, Adderall XR 20mg once in the morning has seriously made the difference in my life."

Anonymous October 14, 2011

For Narcolepsy: "I have severe chronic pain from back, neck and knee injuries. Now fibromyalgia, which is a living hell. I began to have what I call sleep attacks where I would just fall asleep; reading, standing, talking on the phone (embarrassing). I fell asleep standing in the dinning room and hit my face on the table. That was when I went on this medicine. Has helped tremendously. Have had a couple of attacks on it. But very few. I can drive without fear. What a blessing. I am worried about side effects. I don't want to be dependent on this medicine. But I need it, so I follow instructions and pray."

Cilla's pain October 14, 2011

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall has helped change the well being of my LIFE. As a child I had a issue affecting me. So, I tried to hide it because I was embarrassed but as an adult I finally had to own up to it after the birth of my child. I needed education so, I enrolled in College after a couple of weeks. I started to notice the same problems. I spoke to my doctor, was tested for ADD and was diagnosed. Since then I've been on 20mg Adderall morning and 10mg Ritain in the evening. I had only positive effects. I finally get to be the great student I always wanted to be and can finish my daily chores without forgetting things. I only hope that people quit trying to say this medicine isn't good for anyone. For yrs I didn't make the A's I wanted and now I do. People taking this medicine don't want to "They Have NO Choice But To."

Anonymous October 11, 2011

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Works great!"

abacab October 10, 2011

For ADHD: "Works great."

adderrall September 15, 2011

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I always been tired a lot (chronic fatigue), but symptoms worsen after my son had a near death auto accident, he was only 4. I took antidepressants for 8 years. It worsened my Chronic Fatigue. I was a mess, everything was falling apart around me. I did research on Adderall and talked to my Doctor. I take 40mg a day, I can't explain how much better I feel. I have control of my life again. I have energy to care for my family for the first time in years. Side effect is irritable at night, insomnia but the longer you are on it and the earliest you take it doesn't cause too much problems sleeping."

Mitzy69 September 11, 2011