User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Fatigue 9 reviews 0 medications

8.6
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 313 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Review by amanda3368:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Helps calm me down a lot.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2011 4:01 PM

Review by Neverbeenbetter:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This medicine is amazing. I used to ALWAYS be the last one to turn in tests in High School. Now I take one in the morning and in about an hour feel like I am my true self. With it I can process information clearly, easily, and very efficiently. Now I have no problems with writing essays, answering in-depth questions, second-guessing myself. I even found that I am a lot more confident with many things (ranging from presentations to girls). I also take much better care of myself throughout the day except when it comes to eating for I do experience the loss in appetite. To describe it, it is almost like an auto tune-up program except for your brain! Adderall is absolutely great for me!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2011 10:04 PM

Review by aslhytrny:

For Narcolepsy: I am 27 yrs old. I've been on Adderall since 21. I was diagnosed with narcolepsy, cataplexy, sleep paralysis, sleep hallucinations, etc. I have such scary dreams, lose my muscle control and fall asleep out of nowhere. After trying several things Adderall was the ONLY thing that eased my symptoms. BUT it is hard to take as directed. And running out makes for a bad time. Running out throws me into more frequent and severe sleep fits. I also get prescribed hydrocodone. I don't promote people to take pain medicines but Adderall does make my body/muscles tense and sore at times. So it takes the pain and edge off the negative symptoms of the Adderall. Dry mouth is also a negative symptom but I'm used to it now.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2011 10:08 AM

Review by Gunyraised:

For Fatigue: I am s 36 yr women that has had M.S. for 15 years. I had back pain severely, and part of the problem was fatigue and I was very heavy. My neurologist put me on Adderall 3 years ago and I must say that the weight came off. I started feeling better physically and emotionally! I feel like a productive member of society when I take my medicines. So I guess I needed it for not just the weight loss, but for depression also. If anybody with M.S. that has severe fatigue and weight gain, I suggest this medicine to you. It's a proven fact that people with Neurological disorders should be on this medicine if you don't have high blood pressure! Try it, it works!

July 25, 2011 1:44 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I was on adderall for about 10 years after I lost too much weight on Dexatrin. I began when I was about 10 and went all the way up to 40-60 mg a day, depending on how I felt. I was great for focus, but I definitely had sweaty pits, which I find really annoying. After Adderall stopped working, I switched to Concerta for 3 years, then to VyvanSe, which was incredible. All of these medications, though, made me feel like a schizo. Because I started so young, I got used to the feelings, but I would be a robot when I was on them, and coming down, irritable until I ate, then crazy hyper. Adderall did everything it was supposed to do, and because of it I was able to get into a great boarding school, great college, and now grad school.

July 11, 2011 6:00 PM

Review by Chemicalman:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: The dosage of Adderall XR is variable from person to person within the established prescribing limitations that are an essential aspect of using this drug safely. That being said, I have personally experienced the efficacy of Adderall XR as being determined by being on the right dosage (not too little or not too much) of this very effective medication for Adult Attention Deficit Disorder.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 23, 2011 12:03 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I am 43 years old, dropped out of high school, had many bad relationships, many bad decisions, and could never finish 1 thing when I started it, could never be organized, could never remember things when first told, always lost things or misplaced them, tripped over my own feet, and was never good at keeping appointments, I would forget about them. I have been on Adderall for 4 years, had my ups and downs with it, have had to change the dose some, go off of it on my days off, because it got to where it wasn't working as well, and if I medicated myself, I took to much, or not enough. I do notice a BIG difference in the generic, even though they say its the same. Adderall XR has worked wonders for me, and has changed my life.

June 18, 2011 6:31 PM

For ADHD: This is my 3rd month on Adderall. I take two 30 mgs per day. It's great for the first week that I get them filled, but after that, I don't get that "good" feeling that most people get the 1st time they take Adderall. But, my grades are up, I have plenty of energy and I think they work well.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2011 6:23 AM

For ADHD: Useful adjunct to age related Adult Attention Deficit Decline/disorder. Also some additional employment shift differential sleep disorder/narcoleptic (sleepiness on the work site) potential for accidents due to inattentiveness.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 3, 2011 10:50 AM

Review by cras:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: As a child I always had problems with being very hyper and I couldn't pay attention like other children in my class. My teacher noticed it and told my mother about things that could help me. My mother had me tested and put on Adderall. Within a week I can honestly remember a change. At first it made me feel very funny and zombie like but after it got in my system my family said I was totally different person. I also suffer with dyslexia, but this medication helped me with that too. I was put on it when I was 7 years old. When I was 20 I stopped taking it since I was out of school. I couldn't hold down a job and things just got really bad for me. Then I had my baby boy and decided I had to be put back on it. Best thing that happened to me.

May 26, 2011 12:04 AM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've been on Concerta before and decided to try Adderall. I loved the results, ultra focused. At the beginning I was incredibly happy with it. Unfortunately, I had a severe allergic reaction to it. I'm not allergic to any other medicines but for some reason Adderall got me. If you get extremely itchy on the medicines stop taking it. I kept taking it for a while because I loved the results and the itching got really bad.

May 7, 2011 10:27 AM

Review by unknown1:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Started Adderall 2 weeks ago. I am still trying to find the right dose. Doctor said "start with 10mg morning and afternoon but if that's to much take 5mg morning and afternoon" I'm finding if I take 10mgs and my day is really busy I am fine but if my day is not than I notice my heart rate and a need to be doing something. I'm not sure about this medicine yet but willing to give it a little more time. I just want to know if the feeling of needing to be busy will end.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2011 2:19 PM

Review by kcooper32:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I started on Ritalin for ADHD but I switched to Adderall, because the Ritalin made me extremely irritable. Adderall 20 mg allows me to concentrate, tune out distractions, and manage time efficiently. Negative side effects: suppressed appetite (positive for me!), SOMETIMES slightly irritable mood towards the end of the day, sleeplessness if I take it less than 12 hours before bedtime.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2011 9:56 AM

Review by luvmesomeadderall:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Alright, if you're here, you probably already know most of this, but I'll say it anyway... This drug is f'ing amazing. I was a medical student before I accepted the fact that I had some serious issues with inattention. Some doctors/psychologists/etc. will try to tell you that you don't have ADD because you didn't beat kids up in class in elementary school, or because you managed to achieve some academic success, but let me tell you.. it's real son! I made it through med school with minimal use, but my surgical residency became a disaster quick. Please believe me when I tell you that this med single handedly saved my career as a surgeon. If you have any doubts, it's worth your while to look into adderall.

March 7, 2011 7:30 PM

Review by circahasfallen:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: On my 4th day of Adderall XR! I just bumped up to 20mg today, and let me tell you, best ADHD drug I have ever taken! One, I feel happy and content. Two, I am a ton more focused! And three, I can sit on my couch and just chill or go out and play basketball with my friends or basically do whatever, my motivation is amazing! I tried Focalin XR, Concerta, Strattera worked for a year, then just stopped working. But I asked my doctor to let me try this medicine, and that is the best choice I have ever made. No insomnia but be ready for a loss of appetite. I lost 8lbs. in the 4 days I've been taking this. As long as it keeps working as it is, I can see me being on this for a long time.

February 27, 2011 12:10 AM

Review by 3rdGen:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I am a 57 year old male who struggled through five years of college and finally gave up without getting a degree. At home I would start projects and never finish them. In my early forties, I finally earned a BS degree out of sheer determination. My wife, who is a psychologist, gave me an IQ test and found that my IQ is rather high. I started asking myself, "Why have I been an under-achiever for most of my life?" My wife suggested that I might have ADD. I started taking Adderall XR 20mg about 6 years ago which changed my life for the better. I am now able to finish things that I start. Plus, I don't procrastinate nearly as much. I now read entire books, newspaper articles, etc., without quitting part way through.

February 10, 2011 4:03 AM

For ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child and dextroamphetamine was a God send (went from being a scatter-brained C/D student to nearly all A grades). Due to the poor advice of some pseudo medical professionals, I stopped the medicine many times on my own and my life became a wreck. I restarted the medicine and within 1 hour, I was back in the game and doing great. When I was off the medicine, I lost jobs and my life was a wreck. My doctor reviewed the last 20 years of my life on the medicine: great marriage, good health, a great job and tons of money in the bank; all this because of about a dollar's worth of this medicine per day.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2011 3:20 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : I am a 46 yr old female and have taken Adderall XR 10 mg for over a year now. Adderall has helped me tremendously. Before starting it, could barely get out of bed. Had no interest in anything, not even living. Couldn't focus; nearly a zombie. As long as I take it I'm a happy functional person. Some issues with insomnia but nothing unmanageable. Don't take it on my days off to avoid building a tolerance. However, have become totally dependent on this medicine. Recently tried to stop taking it. Second day without it, I was useless, and by third day, I was like a zombie.

January 22, 2011 1:00 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been on Adderall for several years now and can't say enough good things about the medicine. It helps me to focus on tasks and now that I am in college, it has really helped with my studies. It took me a while to come to the realization that I needed something to help with my ADD and I am glad I was prescribed Adderall. The side effects for me have been loss of appetite. I would have insomnia but I take anti-anxiety medicine before going to bed, to counter-act the medication. My short and unscientific philosophy on Adderall is that it bridges the gap between wanting to do something and actually doing something.

January 12, 2011 1:25 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Since I started taking 15mg of Adderall XR about 2 weeks ago I feel like it's changing my life for the better. I can't say it is having a huge impact on me but I can definitely notice a difference when I'm on it as opposed to when I'm not. My concentration has definitely improved. I can stay on the same thought pattern a lot easier and also follow through with the task at hand. I feel more aggressive towards events that happen it definitely gives me a different outlook.The only symptoms that I am getting with Adderall XR is a loss of appetite. It's really strange how I went from having a huge appetite to just not even thinking about eating or making it a priority. I don't like it but it saves me a bit of money.

January 8, 2011 3:58 PM

Review by grniz31:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Well I have been on Adderall for about 5 months 20mg daily. I wish I would have taken it sooner though. I am a single mom of twin 5 year olds and I noticed that I needed this birth control. I couldn't even get out of bed, focus, complete and daily normal function, daydream, etc. I finally realized it was needed after my mother had her heart attack and I could not focus not even at work. I went to my doctors and he put me on this and I feel great 95% of the time. Weight loss great! I recommend this to anyone that needs something to really save them from spiraling down and not being able to be "Normal" Great!

January 3, 2011 11:54 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I was unable to stay focused or complete daily tasks. After starting Adderall there has been a vast improvement. My life seems to be in order.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 3, 2011 10:42 PM

Review by Pretty good:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm a 50 year old male diagnosed with depressive subtype ADD 15 years ago. I've tried Ritalin, Adderall, Dextrastat, Emsam, and various other antidepressants as I'm dysphoric. All these medicines have helped. Holiday's are good for resetting tolerance. Years ago, I needed 60mg Adderall in the morning and 30 at noon, after working up from Ritalin which became too weak. I'm on Prilosec for stomach acid now, and non-XR stimulants taken only in the morning still keep me awake at night, for which 0.5-1 mg of Klonopin cures. I don't get addicted to anything, so no problem, though nothing makes me feel really good either -even narcotics or sex! A well functioning mind and getting things done is my main high.

January 3, 2011 12:52 AM

Review by oxyaaron:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Works great for ADHD but tolerance builds very rapidly.

December 29, 2010 10:33 PM

Review by Candice M Spain:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This medication has totally changed my like for the better 100%. My life before Adderall was a huge mess and full of incomplete tasks and lots of trouble with work. Now my life is finally together and on track and almost everything I start also gets finished and pretty much right away. My daughter also is on this medication and she went from a D and F average in school to the A,B honor roll and doesn't have any more problems in school. This medicine was a life savior for the both of us... MOTHER AND DAUGHTER!

December 20, 2010 5:38 PM