User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Fatigue 9 reviews 0 medications

Narcolepsy 32 reviews 13 medications

8.9
ADHD 282 reviews 62 medications

8.6
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 323 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have always known I was intelligent and a doer, but I could never finish a project or class work without starting another(2-3 really!) projects. Therefore I would always get depressed and feel worthless, I couldn't handle small talk and had extreme anxiety when I had to go to church because I couldn't sit still for more than 20-30 min without wanting to burst. My mom always found ways to teach me to calm myself down in different situations but she didn't understand how bad it was. She also didn't believe in medicating her children. I wish I could describe what my first 5 employers said about me when I left their companies. I will just say this, Adderall XR 20mg once in the morning has seriously made the difference in my life.

October 14, 2011 4:43 PM

Review by Cilla's pain:

For Narcolepsy: I have severe chronic pain from back, neck and knee injuries. Now fibromyalgia, which is a living hell. I began to have what I call sleep attacks where I would just fall asleep; reading, standing, talking on the phone (embarrassing). I fell asleep standing in the dinning room and hit my face on the table. That was when I went on this medicine. Has helped tremendously. Have had a couple of attacks on it. But very few. I can drive without fear. What a blessing. I am worried about side effects. I don't want to be dependent on this medicine. But I need it, so I follow instructions and pray.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2011 12:39 AM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall has helped change the well being of my LIFE. As a child I had a issue affecting me. So, I tried to hide it because I was embarrassed but as an adult I finally had to own up to it after the birth of my child. I needed education so, I enrolled in College after a couple of weeks. I started to notice the same problems. I spoke to my doctor, was tested for ADD and was diagnosed. Since then I've been on 20mg Adderall morning and 10mg Ritain in the evening. I had only positive effects. I finally get to be the great student I always wanted to be and can finish my daily chores without forgetting things. I only hope that people quit trying to say this medicine isn't good for anyone. For yrs I didn't make the A's I wanted and now I do. People taking this medicine don't want to "They Have NO Choice But To.

October 11, 2011 3:20 PM

Review by abacab:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Works great!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 10, 2011 4:05 PM

Review by adderrall:

For ADHD: Works great.

September 15, 2011 10:43 AM

Review by Mitzy69:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: I always been tired a lot (chronic fatigue), but symptoms worsen after my son had a near death auto accident, he was only 4. I took antidepressants for 8 years. It worsened my Chronic Fatigue. I was a mess, everything was falling apart around me. I did research on Adderall and talked to my Doctor. I take 40mg a day, I can't explain how much better I feel. I have control of my life again. I have energy to care for my family for the first time in years. Side effect is irritable at night, insomnia but the longer you are on it and the earliest you take it doesn't cause too much problems sleeping.

September 11, 2011 2:29 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm 18 years old. I have been on Adderall for about 3 years and it is amazing. I'm ADHD. I have tried Vyvance which did nothing for me. I have also tried Ritalin which caused a complete mood change. I had very depressing thoughts and a overall bad mood. The littlest things would set me off. I thought I was going to kill. Adderall is what I found right for me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2011 3:33 AM

Review by blinki218:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: My 10 year old son has taken Adderall XR for about 3 years now. This medication is amazing! Twenty years ago my oldest son was diagnosed with ADHD and I refused to medicate him because all of the children I knew that were medicated were "zombies". This time when I had a child with ADHD I decided it was not fair to not medicate him and am so glad I did. With Adderall, he is alert and well behaved (for the most part). He says he can focus instead of daydreaming all the time. Insomnia and loss of appetite are the only problematic side effects we have, but have been easily remedied with Pediasure and melatonin. I take him off medicines two weekends per month to be sure he's not getting dependent and he goes right back to his normal ADHD self.

September 6, 2011 9:12 PM

Review by smeric:

For ADHD: Saved my life.

August 31, 2011 8:16 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have had problems my whole life with school, holding down jobs, depression and alcoholism. Adderall has changed my life. I am 43 and I finally have the courage to pursue the career I didn't think I would be able to do before. I also take Prozac. The combination does make me a little dizzy and I do sweat a lot more, but the miracle of being able to function on a daily basis and concentrate out way the side effects.

August 30, 2011 10:44 AM

Review by amanda3368:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Helps calm me down a lot.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2011 4:01 PM

Review by Neverbeenbetter:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This medicine is amazing. I used to ALWAYS be the last one to turn in tests in High School. Now I take one in the morning and in about an hour feel like I am my true self. With it I can process information clearly, easily, and very efficiently. Now I have no problems with writing essays, answering in-depth questions, second-guessing myself. I even found that I am a lot more confident with many things (ranging from presentations to girls). I also take much better care of myself throughout the day except when it comes to eating for I do experience the loss in appetite. To describe it, it is almost like an auto tune-up program except for your brain! Adderall is absolutely great for me!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2011 10:04 PM

Review by aslhytrny:

For Narcolepsy: I am 27 yrs old. I've been on Adderall since 21. I was diagnosed with narcolepsy, cataplexy, sleep paralysis, sleep hallucinations, etc. I have such scary dreams, lose my muscle control and fall asleep out of nowhere. After trying several things Adderall was the ONLY thing that eased my symptoms. BUT it is hard to take as directed. And running out makes for a bad time. Running out throws me into more frequent and severe sleep fits. I also get prescribed hydrocodone. I don't promote people to take pain medicines but Adderall does make my body/muscles tense and sore at times. So it takes the pain and edge off the negative symptoms of the Adderall. Dry mouth is also a negative symptom but I'm used to it now.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2011 10:08 AM

Review by Gunyraised:

For Fatigue: I am s 36 yr women that has had M.S. for 15 years. I had back pain severely, and part of the problem was fatigue and I was very heavy. My neurologist put me on Adderall 3 years ago and I must say that the weight came off. I started feeling better physically and emotionally! I feel like a productive member of society when I take my medicines. So I guess I needed it for not just the weight loss, but for depression also. If anybody with M.S. that has severe fatigue and weight gain, I suggest this medicine to you. It's a proven fact that people with Neurological disorders should be on this medicine if you don't have high blood pressure! Try it, it works!

July 25, 2011 1:44 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I was on adderall for about 10 years after I lost too much weight on Dexatrin. I began when I was about 10 and went all the way up to 40-60 mg a day, depending on how I felt. I was great for focus, but I definitely had sweaty pits, which I find really annoying. After Adderall stopped working, I switched to Concerta for 3 years, then to VyvanSe, which was incredible. All of these medications, though, made me feel like a schizo. Because I started so young, I got used to the feelings, but I would be a robot when I was on them, and coming down, irritable until I ate, then crazy hyper. Adderall did everything it was supposed to do, and because of it I was able to get into a great boarding school, great college, and now grad school.

July 11, 2011 6:00 PM

Review by Chemicalman:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: The dosage of Adderall XR is variable from person to person within the established prescribing limitations that are an essential aspect of using this drug safely. That being said, I have personally experienced the efficacy of Adderall XR as being determined by being on the right dosage (not too little or not too much) of this very effective medication for Adult Attention Deficit Disorder.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 23, 2011 12:03 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I am 43 years old, dropped out of high school, had many bad relationships, many bad decisions, and could never finish 1 thing when I started it, could never be organized, could never remember things when first told, always lost things or misplaced them, tripped over my own feet, and was never good at keeping appointments, I would forget about them. I have been on Adderall for 4 years, had my ups and downs with it, have had to change the dose some, go off of it on my days off, because it got to where it wasn't working as well, and if I medicated myself, I took to much, or not enough. I do notice a BIG difference in the generic, even though they say its the same. Adderall XR has worked wonders for me, and has changed my life.

June 18, 2011 6:31 PM

For ADHD: This is my 3rd month on Adderall. I take two 30 mgs per day. It's great for the first week that I get them filled, but after that, I don't get that "good" feeling that most people get the 1st time they take Adderall. But, my grades are up, I have plenty of energy and I think they work well.

June 7, 2011 6:23 AM

For ADHD: Useful adjunct to age related Adult Attention Deficit Decline/disorder. Also some additional employment shift differential sleep disorder/narcoleptic (sleepiness on the work site) potential for accidents due to inattentiveness.

June 3, 2011 10:50 AM

Review by cras:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: As a child I always had problems with being very hyper and I couldn't pay attention like other children in my class. My teacher noticed it and told my mother about things that could help me. My mother had me tested and put on Adderall. Within a week I can honestly remember a change. At first it made me feel very funny and zombie like but after it got in my system my family said I was totally different person. I also suffer with dyslexia, but this medication helped me with that too. I was put on it when I was 7 years old. When I was 20 I stopped taking it since I was out of school. I couldn't hold down a job and things just got really bad for me. Then I had my baby boy and decided I had to be put back on it. Best thing that happened to me.

May 26, 2011 12:04 AM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've been on Concerta before and decided to try Adderall. I loved the results, ultra focused. At the beginning I was incredibly happy with it. Unfortunately, I had a severe allergic reaction to it. I'm not allergic to any other medicines but for some reason Adderall got me. If you get extremely itchy on the medicines stop taking it. I kept taking it for a while because I loved the results and the itching got really bad.

May 7, 2011 10:27 AM

Review by unknown1:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Started Adderall 2 weeks ago. I am still trying to find the right dose. Doctor said "start with 10mg morning and afternoon but if that's to much take 5mg morning and afternoon" I'm finding if I take 10mgs and my day is really busy I am fine but if my day is not than I notice my heart rate and a need to be doing something. I'm not sure about this medicine yet but willing to give it a little more time. I just want to know if the feeling of needing to be busy will end.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2011 2:19 PM

Review by kcooper32:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I started on Ritalin for ADHD but I switched to Adderall, because the Ritalin made me extremely irritable. Adderall 20 mg allows me to concentrate, tune out distractions, and manage time efficiently. Negative side effects: suppressed appetite (positive for me!), SOMETIMES slightly irritable mood towards the end of the day, sleeplessness if I take it less than 12 hours before bedtime.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2011 9:56 AM

Review by luvmesomeadderall:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Alright, if you're here, you probably already know most of this, but I'll say it anyway... This drug is f'ing amazing. I was a medical student before I accepted the fact that I had some serious issues with inattention. Some doctors/psychologists/etc. will try to tell you that you don't have ADD because you didn't beat kids up in class in elementary school, or because you managed to achieve some academic success, but let me tell you.. it's real son! I made it through med school with minimal use, but my surgical residency became a disaster quick. Please believe me when I tell you that this med single handedly saved my career as a surgeon. If you have any doubts, it's worth your while to look into adderall.

March 7, 2011 7:30 PM

Review by circahasfallen:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: On my 4th day of Adderall XR! I just bumped up to 20mg today, and let me tell you, best ADHD drug I have ever taken! One, I feel happy and content. Two, I am a ton more focused! And three, I can sit on my couch and just chill or go out and play basketball with my friends or basically do whatever, my motivation is amazing! I tried Focalin XR, Concerta, Strattera worked for a year, then just stopped working. But I asked my doctor to let me try this medicine, and that is the best choice I have ever made. No insomnia but be ready for a loss of appetite. I lost 8lbs. in the 4 days I've been taking this. As long as it keeps working as it is, I can see me being on this for a long time.

February 27, 2011 12:10 AM