Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Fatigue 11 reviews 0 medications

Narcolepsy 35 reviews 14 medications

8.9
ADHD 288 reviews 31 medications

8.6
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 334 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADD at 21, as a junior in college. Before Adderall, I was an average student. I had a short attention span and difficulty efficiently completing tasks. The first time I took it, I read long passages and retained all the information. I actually follow my professors in-class. I didn't dread studying anymore; I actually kind of enjoyed it! I couldn't believe it. Within 2 semesters, my GPA has gone from a 3.1 to a 3.5. There are only a few downsides that come to mind. First, I have trouble falling asleep at night. Next, I get irritated when studying/tasks are interrupted. Also, coming off of it, I feel extremely tired for at least 3 or 4 days.

December 14, 2011 9:31 PM

For Fatigue: I take 30mg tabs twice daily for excessive sleep disorder. It has improved my daily living immensely without severe side effects.

December 1, 2011 7:52 AM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: Lots of side effects - Keeps me awake when taking 50mg a day - makes it hard to go to sleep at night, involuntary muscle movement at times, kills the sex life.

November 30, 2011 3:04 AM

Review by JMDParker:

For ADHD: I was medication free for over 10 years. After I had my daughter the mental static as I call it got progressively worse. I couldn't finish tasks, or concentrate, I forgot to set my alarm clock, burned food, fell massively behind at work, and the last straw was when I forgot to give my daughter a dose of antibiotic for a sinus infection. I've been on Adderall 30 mg for around a year now, and the difference is amazing. Much better than the Ritalin I took as a child. I feel like I assume people without AD(H)D feel. I no longer have static and random thoughts pulling me off task.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2011 10:55 PM

Review by tlcbiz:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I had been taking Adderall (generic) for approximately five years but recently switched to dextroamphetamine because it was getting so hard to get Adderall due to (as the pharmacy said) "a manufacturer backorder". But talk about serendipity; the dextroamphetamine makes me clench my jaw a LOT less than the amphetamine salts and as I begin to lose focus at the end of the day I don't get a headache to boot. So overall I have to say the dextroamphetamine is significantly better than Adderall on several levels.

November 17, 2011 8:22 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Works well. Be sure not to take in evening or night just in the morning and noon though, because it will cause sleeplessness.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2011 6:39 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Been on Adderall XR for a week and I can tell a huge difference in my daily life. I was prescribed 20mg once a day. I am 35 years old and I believe I have always suffered from untreated ADHD. My only complaint is with no insurance it is a fairly expensive medication but so far well worth the cost.

November 4, 2011 4:22 PM

Review by soharu:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This medicine increasingly made my symptoms get worse. I became aggressive, ignorant, emotional and I am not a person who gets emotional. Note: I was 12. Please, watch closely if you give this to children.

November 2, 2011 9:32 PM

Review by EvansWonderland:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have a vast array of psych problems from ADD to OCD to suicidal ideation. Adderall was the first wonder pill for me. It made every other medicine I was taking more tolerable and more effective. It caused my mind to stop racing so bad. Adderall changed my life.

November 1, 2011 5:54 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've been on Adderall since I was in high school, so about 5 years. It works well for my concentration and allows me to focus for an extended period of time, such as when studying. This medicine has definitely helped me but it has a lot of side effects. For me, loss of appetite, euphoria, and dry mouth is the most common. Headaches are frequent, but nothing Ibuprofen can't fix. I've been on/off antidepressants that affected the Adderall. When I was on Lexapro, taking Adderall would make me irritable, anxious, and paranoid. Sometimes to a full blown panic attack. Now I'm on Prozac and the Adderall combination is fine. But I still get anxious and mildly irritable when the "high" of the Adderall decreases.

October 28, 2011 5:15 PM

For ADHD: I am 37 yr old Male. As a young adult I always found fascination in thinking about 25 things at once, and being excessively consumed with multiple projects. It wasn't until this year that I actually recognized that I never finished any of the 25 projects I started. I don't have any depression or severe symptoms, I just simply can't stop getting pulled into 20 directions all the time. I started, and am remaining on a 5mg twice/day prescription. The difference in my ability to get stuff done is like night and day. I don't take it after 3pm, or I wont be able to sleep at night. And I don't take it on the weekends. On days where I feel somewhat sane, I don't take it either.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2011 5:52 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have always known I was intelligent and a doer, but I could never finish a project or class work without starting another(2-3 really!) projects. Therefore I would always get depressed and feel worthless, I couldn't handle small talk and had extreme anxiety when I had to go to church because I couldn't sit still for more than 20-30 min without wanting to burst. My mom always found ways to teach me to calm myself down in different situations but she didn't understand how bad it was. She also didn't believe in medicating her children. I wish I could describe what my first 5 employers said about me when I left their companies. I will just say this, Adderall XR 20mg once in the morning has seriously made the difference in my life.

October 14, 2011 4:43 PM

Review by Cilla's pain:

For Narcolepsy: I have severe chronic pain from back, neck and knee injuries. Now fibromyalgia, which is a living hell. I began to have what I call sleep attacks where I would just fall asleep; reading, standing, talking on the phone (embarrassing). I fell asleep standing in the dinning room and hit my face on the table. That was when I went on this medicine. Has helped tremendously. Have had a couple of attacks on it. But very few. I can drive without fear. What a blessing. I am worried about side effects. I don't want to be dependent on this medicine. But I need it, so I follow instructions and pray.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2011 12:39 AM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall has helped change the well being of my LIFE. As a child I had a issue affecting me. So, I tried to hide it because I was embarrassed but as an adult I finally had to own up to it after the birth of my child. I needed education so, I enrolled in College after a couple of weeks. I started to notice the same problems. I spoke to my doctor, was tested for ADD and was diagnosed. Since then I've been on 20mg Adderall morning and 10mg Ritain in the evening. I had only positive effects. I finally get to be the great student I always wanted to be and can finish my daily chores without forgetting things. I only hope that people quit trying to say this medicine isn't good for anyone. For yrs I didn't make the A's I wanted and now I do. People taking this medicine don't want to "They Have NO Choice But To.

October 11, 2011 3:20 PM

Review by abacab:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Works great!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 10, 2011 4:05 PM

Review by adderrall:

For ADHD: Works great.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 15, 2011 10:43 AM

Review by Mitzy69:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: I always been tired a lot (chronic fatigue), but symptoms worsen after my son had a near death auto accident, he was only 4. I took antidepressants for 8 years. It worsened my Chronic Fatigue. I was a mess, everything was falling apart around me. I did research on Adderall and talked to my Doctor. I take 40mg a day, I can't explain how much better I feel. I have control of my life again. I have energy to care for my family for the first time in years. Side effect is irritable at night, insomnia but the longer you are on it and the earliest you take it doesn't cause too much problems sleeping.

September 11, 2011 2:29 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm 18 years old. I have been on Adderall for about 3 years and it is amazing. I'm ADHD. I have tried Vyvance which did nothing for me. I have also tried Ritalin which caused a complete mood change. I had very depressing thoughts and a overall bad mood. The littlest things would set me off. I thought I was going to kill. Adderall is what I found right for me.

September 11, 2011 3:33 AM

Review by blinki218:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: My 10 year old son has taken Adderall XR for about 3 years now. This medication is amazing! Twenty years ago my oldest son was diagnosed with ADHD and I refused to medicate him because all of the children I knew that were medicated were "zombies". This time when I had a child with ADHD I decided it was not fair to not medicate him and am so glad I did. With Adderall, he is alert and well behaved (for the most part). He says he can focus instead of daydreaming all the time. Insomnia and loss of appetite are the only problematic side effects we have, but have been easily remedied with Pediasure and melatonin. I take him off medicines two weekends per month to be sure he's not getting dependent and he goes right back to his normal ADHD self.

September 6, 2011 9:12 PM

Review by smeric:

For ADHD: Saved my life.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 31, 2011 8:16 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have had problems my whole life with school, holding down jobs, depression and alcoholism. Adderall has changed my life. I am 43 and I finally have the courage to pursue the career I didn't think I would be able to do before. I also take Prozac. The combination does make me a little dizzy and I do sweat a lot more, but the miracle of being able to function on a daily basis and concentrate out way the side effects.

August 30, 2011 10:44 AM

Review by amanda3368:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Helps calm me down a lot.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2011 4:01 PM

Review by Neverbeenbetter:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This medicine is amazing. I used to ALWAYS be the last one to turn in tests in High School. Now I take one in the morning and in about an hour feel like I am my true self. With it I can process information clearly, easily, and very efficiently. Now I have no problems with writing essays, answering in-depth questions, second-guessing myself. I even found that I am a lot more confident with many things (ranging from presentations to girls). I also take much better care of myself throughout the day except when it comes to eating for I do experience the loss in appetite. To describe it, it is almost like an auto tune-up program except for your brain! Adderall is absolutely great for me!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2011 10:04 PM

Review by aslhytrny:

For Narcolepsy: I am 27 yrs old. I've been on Adderall since 21. I was diagnosed with narcolepsy, cataplexy, sleep paralysis, sleep hallucinations, etc. I have such scary dreams, lose my muscle control and fall asleep out of nowhere. After trying several things Adderall was the ONLY thing that eased my symptoms. BUT it is hard to take as directed. And running out makes for a bad time. Running out throws me into more frequent and severe sleep fits. I also get prescribed hydrocodone. I don't promote people to take pain medicines but Adderall does make my body/muscles tense and sore at times. So it takes the pain and edge off the negative symptoms of the Adderall. Dry mouth is also a negative symptom but I'm used to it now.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2011 10:08 AM

Review by Gunyraised:

For Fatigue: I am s 36 yr women that has had M.S. for 15 years. I had back pain severely, and part of the problem was fatigue and I was very heavy. My neurologist put me on Adderall 3 years ago and I must say that the weight came off. I started feeling better physically and emotionally! I feel like a productive member of society when I take my medicines. So I guess I needed it for not just the weight loss, but for depression also. If anybody with M.S. that has severe fatigue and weight gain, I suggest this medicine to you. It's a proven fact that people with Neurological disorders should be on this medicine if you don't have high blood pressure! Try it, it works!

July 25, 2011 1:44 PM