User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Fatigue 13 reviews 0 medications

Narcolepsy 38 reviews 15 medications

8.9
ADHD 306 reviews 32 medications

8.6
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 357 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall XR works wonders. I can finally get my scattered brain to focus on one thing at a time. The downside is that it doesn't work as long as advertised. I am lucky if it lasts 6 hours, and I work for 8. Once I get home, I feel like I'm having a major caffeine crash. I've heard that once you adjust to the medication, you stop crashing so hard. I've only been on it for one month. "

LillyF (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This medication has completely changed my life. Without it I feel like I am not complete. Twisted I feel like I can accomplish anything. Without it I sleep and have no motivation, suffer from depression, anxiety, no social skills. With it my whole social outlook changed, I am no longer shy and not showing away from social encounters. It is definitely a miracle."

justindavid22 April 25, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have used this medication for over three years, with great success in combating lifelong inability to maintain focus, or to complete tasks, get to work on time, etc., etc. Recently, my physician informed me that the manufacturer of Adderall had quit making immediate release tablets (was taking 1-2 20mg/day)- and switched me over to Vyvanse 40mg time released. Now I'm having problems sleeping, feel generally depressed. Doubt they quit making Adderall/as my doctor said...and think it is more likely the authorities was coming down."

new focus? April 20, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I fall asleep at the drop of a hat and experience sleep paralysis. There are times I know I'm supposed to be awake and I simply can't wake up. Adderall helps so much. I've taken it for about a year, however, and it is wearing off. I hope to find a substitute that will help me stay awake soon."

Katie126 April 10, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been suffering through ADD and Dyslexia my whole life. Together, the two work together to make your life a hell pit. Dyslexia made it harder for me to understand things and ADD made it hard for me to keep my focus long enough to understand it. I have been on and off ADD medications throughout my life, all which had negatives which outweighed the positives. I am now 17, I also lost hope in myself that I would ever be, "normal". It was taking me as least 10 times as long to complete task as my classmates. I started to become a burnout... until, I was prescribed Adderall. My head that once felt like a rock, now feels totally capable of thinking. My grades went up and now I have hope. I still have challenges, but they are manageable."

--Jake-- April 8, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "My life was sleep before I started adderall taking 15 mg twice a day and I'm still tired but not sleeping like I was before. Only been taking it for a few days but has helped a lot. I only slept and worked and sadly that was my life for 5 years."

Anonymous March 30, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : "It took a while to find the right problems then the right medicines, then the right dosage but once we did even my husband could tell the difference and I could too. It was an immediate difference, the next day with the Clonazepam I felt an instant calmness and togetherness that I had not felt before. I take 40mg (2 x 20mg XR) in the morning with Clonazepam 1 - 1 mg tab because I have panic attacks and anxiety sometimes. Then 2 -1 mg Clonazepam at night which relaxes me and I am able to not have nightmares and can sleep. Without the medicines including the Lexapro 20mg I have terrible depression, nightmares, cannot concentrate, the post traumatic stress disorder takes over and the hypervigilence is awful. The drugs have made such a positive difference and my husband agrees."

PWinega March 30, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Started taking Adderall about 3.5 years ago while in my early twenties for ADD. After already been diagnosed at around 7 my parents refused to put me on medicines. I was never able to sit still, go a day without being extremely restless in class, and many times was sent to the office for being loud. After extreme fatigue and no motivation to finish anything including zero motivation to work, depression, etc. I started Adderall. Has helped so much (at first) things got done, class/work was way smoother. And had interest in things I always struggled to absorb. Cons... tolerance builds fast. Sleep is a must or you feel like a corpse. (After the first few weeks sleep comes easier though.) Nervous. Jittery. "

headtripp March 29, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have taken Adderall for over 6 yrs now. At first it was the best! All my problems were solved. Higher concentration, longer attention span, lower appetite, more sociable. It was awesome. But over the years the side effects have caught up to me. Increased sweating, higher pulse rate, higher blood pressure, lower quality of sleep, dazed. My shoulder muscles are so tense all the time its almost painful. I'm prescribed 60mg a day, and that used to be great, but now if I take more than 30 mg my sleep quality suffers to the point where I'm a zombie the next day. Then I have to take more to feel normal, then I can't sleep again the next night. But if I don't take it, I'm completely useless for about 4 days. Therefore, I can't stop taking it."

Anonymous March 15, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I suffer from ADD. I take 30mg twice a day. It works very well for me, however sometimes I get wicked headaches in my frontal/temple areas which I am sure is a side effect of the Adderall. I am going to see my Doctor in a week and talk this over with him. I also notice that sometimes I feel really sleepy after I take a dose. "

otstratman March 15, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I would like to say that Adderrall really works, it helps me concentrate, and get things done, My mind doesnt race, and I am able to focus. I do experience the dry mouth, and the loss of appetite. And I was experiencing a lot of headaches when I first started taking it, and it would be migraines starting from my temple to the pressure in my eye. I did a self experiment before I completely stopped taking the medicine and began to drink TWO GLASSES of water. 1 before my pill then wait 10 mins and drink another glass of water with the pill.. And through out the day I kept drinking water... And I have no more headaches... Drink water!!!! ALL DAY!"

ElRenee83 March 14, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was recently diagnosed with ADHD.....I was on regular Adderall....it made me feel great! I was able to focus better and accomplish a lot. I was switched to Adderall XR....it TOTALLY changed my life! After being on it about a month, I started noticing that I was becoming more and more depressed and easily agitated. I also noticed that I had no drive AT ALL! I didn't want to do anything! It got so bad that I became suicidal! I was admitted into the hospital for a brief stay (which was a nightmare!) and learned from the psychiatrist that depression was indeed a side effect of the medicine. I immediately stopped taking it and am slowly getting back to normalcy. Its been about 3 weeks and I feel like I'm almost completely back to normal."

Sister0303 March 3, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been on Adderall for about 4 years. I was having an extremely hard time focusing, extreme fatigue, general feeling of being lost and overly emotional and unstable. Adderall was an absolute miracle when I started on it. My trouble paying attention, loss of interest in life, constant sleepiness and emotional swings were gone. It made me genuinely happy and self confident for the first time in my life. "

willynyc February 26, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "When I began taking Adderall in my early 20's, from dose one I could say I feel "normal" for the first time in my life since I was a young boy. I was happy and life had meaning and a reason. It allowed me to become productive, and I loved this new feeling of well being in both mind and body. It came after a decade of severe depression, anxiety and panic states, and a multitude of psych issues, and I was like a person on the outside, but inside a disease of agonizing mental anguish and physically I hurt of severe pain but no physical evidence that I was like a 20 year old young man who was only alive because I would not die. A tablet of Adderall changed my life and it is my key to life worth living."

Anonymous February 23, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am on the IR version and I agree with the person who commented that you forget to eat. I have lost 12 pounds over the last six months and I have to remember to eat. As they stated I do get foggy headed and kind of high feeling at times, but when I eat something and remember to take my vitamins since I don't eat as much I am fine. I am older and I did it so I could study for the CPA exam because I could not keep my mind focused on the study materials. My work performance has improved phenomenally as well. My boss noticed at my next review and even commented that I seemed different. My attention to detail had improved and I was staying focused on my tasks so much better. Makes me wish I had done something like this long ago."

Anonymous February 17, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am a 36 year old African American female graduate student who is currently applying to med school, while working full-time in a hospital pharmacy. I had been on Effexor 150mg daily for several years for depression. Last March (2011), I was diagnosed with ADHD by a LCSW with 30 years of experience in the field. Initially, I was on Concerta 36mg, but switched to the less expensive Adderall XR 20mg daily. I find that my concentration is much better, but I have lost 30 lbs. & have a decreased libido. After taking Adderall XR 20mg for only 3 months, I saw significant improvements in my MCAT score (8th MCAT attempt)! This year, I am will definitely obtain a competitive score & finally secure my spot in med school. THANKS ADDERALL XR!"

FUTURE MD February 14, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was prescribed Adderall XR 15mg six months ago after trying Focalin XR and not liking it because of severe stomach pains it would give me. Before trying the Adderall and Focalin I was diagnosed with ADHD because I brought it to my doctors attention. I had always had a problem in high school and even middle school with getting good grades, everyone thought I was lazy. In college the situation was getting worse, and I started to get depressed about my bad grades. I then realized my depression was stemming from my inability to concentrate on school work. It's been six months since I've been on the Adderall XR, and my grades have shot up! I get A's and B's in all my classes and am so much more organized which helps with everything in my life."

bergenstudent90 February 14, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Double edged sword with Adderall. Great for concentration, brought my college GPA from a 2.5 to a 3.7, amazing. Although I do have trouble sleeping with it, and I often have mild bouts of depression, and roller coaster of emotion that I never have had before. Although it is important to state that this may be because I am not eating as much and forget to eat, which could easily cause these symptoms. AMAZING for athletics, I am able to run 3-4 times farther with this, really great. A nice feeling when its working and with a definite comedown. Its important to mention I am on the IR version, which could be causing these side effects. My food habits are also now VERY healthy."

Anonymous February 13, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It helps with everyday activities and I stay attentive and more focused."

Anonymous January 31, 2012

For Narcolepsy: "Have only needed to take 1/2 of daily dosage, this medicine works!"

mrsstomper January 28, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take only 5mg a day but it works for my mild ADD. This gives me great concentration and I can get things done. Without this, I can't even read an article in a newspaper. This is my life saver. The only catch is I get tense TMJ from this. But I lived with it as the benefit outweigh the side effect."

luluchan January 20, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Definitely makes me focus and achieve all things; through home and work. No more daydreaming! 30Mg XR."

gemzy January 17, 2012

For Fatigue: "When I took them I was extremely tired from working all night and day.. doing a double shift and I took one 30mg pill and I was wide awake in about no more that 15 minutes.."

The one n only January 14, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADD at 21, as a junior in college. Before Adderall, I was an average student. I had a short attention span and difficulty efficiently completing tasks. The first time I took it, I read long passages and retained all the information. I actually follow my professors in-class. I didn't dread studying anymore; I actually kind of enjoyed it! I couldn't believe it. Within 2 semesters, my GPA has gone from a 3.1 to a 3.5. There are only a few downsides that come to mind. First, I have trouble falling asleep at night. Next, I get irritated when studying/tasks are interrupted. Also, coming off of it, I feel extremely tired for at least 3 or 4 days."

Anonymous December 14, 2011

For Fatigue: "I take 30mg tabs twice daily for excessive sleep disorder. It has improved my daily living immensely without severe side effects."

Anonymous December 1, 2011