User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Fatigue 9 reviews 0 medications

8.9
Narcolepsy 31 reviews 13 medications

8.8
ADHD 263 reviews 62 medications

8.5
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 303 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've been on Concerta before and decided to try Adderall. I loved the results, ultra focused. At the beginning I was incredibly happy with it. Unfortunately, I had a severe allergic reaction to it. I'm not allergic to any other medicines but for some reason Adderall got me. If you get extremely itchy on the medicines stop taking it. I kept taking it for a while because I loved the results and the itching got really bad.

May 7, 2011 10:27 AM

Review by unknown1:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Started Adderall 2 weeks ago. I am still trying to find the right dose. Doctor said "start with 10mg morning and afternoon but if that's to much take 5mg morning and afternoon" I'm finding if I take 10mgs and my day is really busy I am fine but if my day is not than I notice my heart rate and a need to be doing something. I'm not sure about this medicine yet but willing to give it a little more time. I just want to know if the feeling of needing to be busy will end.

March 21, 2011 2:19 PM

Review by kcooper32:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I started on Ritalin for ADHD but I switched to Adderall, because the Ritalin made me extremely irritable. Adderall 20 mg allows me to concentrate, tune out distractions, and manage time efficiently. Negative side effects: suppressed appetite (positive for me!), SOMETIMES slightly irritable mood towards the end of the day, sleeplessness if I take it less than 12 hours before bedtime.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2011 9:56 AM

Review by luvmesomeadderall:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Alright, if you're here, you probably already know most of this, but I'll say it anyway... This drug is f'ing amazing. I was a medical student before I accepted the fact that I had some serious issues with inattention. Some doctors/psychologists/etc. will try to tell you that you don't have ADD because you didn't beat kids up in class in elementary school, or because you managed to achieve some academic success, but let me tell you.. it's real son! I made it through med school with minimal use, but my surgical residency became a disaster quick. Please believe me when I tell you that this med single handedly saved my career as a surgeon. If you have any doubts, it's worth your while to look into adderall.

March 7, 2011 7:30 PM

Review by circahasfallen:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: On my 4th day of Adderall XR! I just bumped up to 20mg today, and let me tell you, best ADHD drug I have ever taken! One, I feel happy and content. Two, I am a ton more focused! And three, I can sit on my couch and just chill or go out and play basketball with my friends or basically do whatever, my motivation is amazing! I tried Focalin XR, Concerta, Strattera worked for a year, then just stopped working. But I asked my doctor to let me try this medicine, and that is the best choice I have ever made. No insomnia but be ready for a loss of appetite. I lost 8lbs. in the 4 days I've been taking this. As long as it keeps working as it is, I can see me being on this for a long time.

February 27, 2011 12:10 AM

Review by 3rdGen:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I am a 57 year old male who struggled through five years of college and finally gave up without getting a degree. At home I would start projects and never finish them. In my early forties, I finally earned a BS degree out of sheer determination. My wife, who is a psychologist, gave me an IQ test and found that my IQ is rather high. I started asking myself, "Why have I been an under-achiever for most of my life?" My wife suggested that I might have ADD. I started taking Adderall XR 20mg about 6 years ago which changed my life for the better. I am now able to finish things that I start. Plus, I don't procrastinate nearly as much. I now read entire books, newspaper articles, etc., without quitting part way through.

February 10, 2011 4:03 AM

For ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child and dextroamphetamine was a God send (went from being a scatter-brained C/D student to nearly all A grades). Due to the poor advice of some pseudo medical professionals, I stopped the medicine many times on my own and my life became a wreck. I restarted the medicine and within 1 hour, I was back in the game and doing great. When I was off the medicine, I lost jobs and my life was a wreck. My doctor reviewed the last 20 years of my life on the medicine: great marriage, good health, a great job and tons of money in the bank; all this because of about a dollar's worth of this medicine per day.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2011 3:20 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : I am a 46 yr old female and have taken Adderall XR 10 mg for over a year now. Adderall has helped me tremendously. Before starting it, could barely get out of bed. Had no interest in anything, not even living. Couldn't focus; nearly a zombie. As long as I take it I'm a happy functional person. Some issues with insomnia but nothing unmanageable. Don't take it on my days off to avoid building a tolerance. However, have become totally dependent on this medicine. Recently tried to stop taking it. Second day without it, I was useless, and by third day, I was like a zombie.

January 22, 2011 1:00 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been on Adderall for several years now and can't say enough good things about the medicine. It helps me to focus on tasks and now that I am in college, it has really helped with my studies. It took me a while to come to the realization that I needed something to help with my ADD and I am glad I was prescribed Adderall. The side effects for me have been loss of appetite. I would have insomnia but I take anti-anxiety medicine before going to bed, to counter-act the medication. My short and unscientific philosophy on Adderall is that it bridges the gap between wanting to do something and actually doing something.

January 12, 2011 1:25 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Since I started taking 15mg of Adderall XR about 2 weeks ago I feel like it's changing my life for the better. I can't say it is having a huge impact on me but I can definitely notice a difference when I'm on it as opposed to when I'm not. My concentration has definitely improved. I can stay on the same thought pattern a lot easier and also follow through with the task at hand. I feel more aggressive towards events that happen it definitely gives me a different outlook.The only symptoms that I am getting with Adderall XR is a loss of appetite. It's really strange how I went from having a huge appetite to just not even thinking about eating or making it a priority. I don't like it but it saves me a bit of money.

January 8, 2011 3:58 PM

Review by grniz31:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Well I have been on Adderall for about 5 months 20mg daily. I wish I would have taken it sooner though. I am a single mom of twin 5 year olds and I noticed that I needed this birth control. I couldn't even get out of bed, focus, complete and daily normal function, daydream, etc. I finally realized it was needed after my mother had her heart attack and I could not focus not even at work. I went to my doctors and he put me on this and I feel great 95% of the time. Weight loss great! I recommend this to anyone that needs something to really save them from spiraling down and not being able to be "Normal" Great!

January 3, 2011 11:54 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I was unable to stay focused or complete daily tasks. After starting Adderall there has been a vast improvement. My life seems to be in order.

January 3, 2011 10:42 PM

Review by Pretty good:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm a 50 year old male diagnosed with depressive subtype ADD 15 years ago. I've tried Ritalin, Adderall, Dextrastat, Emsam, and various other antidepressants as I'm dysphoric. All these medicines have helped. Holiday's are good for resetting tolerance. Years ago, I needed 60mg Adderall in the morning and 30 at noon, after working up from Ritalin which became too weak. I'm on Prilosec for stomach acid now, and non-XR stimulants taken only in the morning still keep me awake at night, for which 0.5-1 mg of Klonopin cures. I don't get addicted to anything, so no problem, though nothing makes me feel really good either -even narcotics or sex! A well functioning mind and getting things done is my main high.

January 3, 2011 12:52 AM

Review by oxyaaron:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Works great for ADHD but tolerance builds very rapidly.

December 29, 2010 10:33 PM

Review by Candice M Spain:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This medication has totally changed my like for the better 100%. My life before Adderall was a huge mess and full of incomplete tasks and lots of trouble with work. Now my life is finally together and on track and almost everything I start also gets finished and pretty much right away. My daughter also is on this medication and she went from a D and F average in school to the A,B honor roll and doesn't have any more problems in school. This medicine was a life savior for the both of us... MOTHER AND DAUGHTER!

December 20, 2010 5:38 PM

Review by disgruntled spouse+:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: My wife started taking Adderal 5 months ago. It completely changed her for the worse. Sure she might be able to complete tasks and feels energized but the side effects are ruining our family. She goes from talking to screaming in mid sentence. Violent behavior is now the norm. Zero sex drive. Total lack of regard for others. I have talked to her about these issues but the responses are "shut up". She has lost 20 lbs and looks terrible. By the way she was bulimic as a teen and into college. So the weight loss is appealing to her. I contacted the first nurse vacationer that prescribed it for her. He cut her off.

December 11, 2010 12:32 AM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Helps greatly.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2010 12:08 PM

Review by jreal:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been taking this for 2 days. It is great, I have been losing my appetite but have been eating when I get home. Other then that it is great.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2010 9:54 PM

Review by Jessica Elizabeth Nicole Haddax:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I find that with Adderall XR everything has improved. I am diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, Bipolar mixed cycling, and anxiety {GAD}. Before I would stay in bed for three weeks straight because I had no energy. With Adderall XR I am able to function. Recently I have lost my pill bottle (a real downside to being adhd - you loose things), and I am not looking forward to sitting through more classes without it. I think I've finally found the right dose - 30 MG once a day in the morning seems to work for me. I just cannot have any type of eggs. I notice, however, that this makes me feel a million times better. I've noticed a little weight loss but not much.

November 20, 2010 10:11 AM

Review by sjmoore4:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I began taking this before I began any other medication. It made me more anxious and nervous. It also seemed to increase my OCD (the "pure O" form) by making me more prone to think about my OCD. It did help me to focus on occasions, but it also made me focus on my anxieties and obsessions as well. My therapist told me that stimulants like this one and Concerta are not good for people with anxiety disorders (almost all of them), unless they have anxiety because they cannot focus and accomplish necessary tasks. I recommend talking to a counselor or Psychologist/psychiatrist before being prescribed stimulants for ADHD.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2010 6:00 PM

For ADHD: It helps with symptoms of ADD and ADHD, but I worry about the possible addictiveness of the medicine. I also worry about what pharmacy I fill the prescription because some of the generic versions have made me sick if I wait more than 20-30 minutes after eating to take the medication. I'm not sure if it is the fillers used in the different generics or the amount of the actual medicine in the product.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2010 12:27 AM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been taking Adderall XR 30mg for about 7 months now and I am starting to get concerned. I started out with 20mg, but was still very impulsive, so upped the dose to 30mg. I can focus and listen really well, but I am noticing increasing negative effects. I noticed dizziness right away, but this improved after a few weeks. Then I started to notice myself constantly stumbling over words when talking. I have NEVER had that problem before. I began to get headaches every day about two months ago and it is getting worse daily. That's a big concern to me because amphetamines are bad for the liver and kidneys as it is, and now I HAVE to take increasing doses of ibuprofen just to "take the edge off" of the headaches.

September 30, 2010 8:57 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : I have been on and off Adderall for the better part of a decade now. I am a 26 year old, male. This drug works wonders if you have the strength to take it as prescribed. When I take Adderall, without abusing it, I feel I am able to live what a person would call a "normal life". It helps with my attention, concentration, motivation, I feel I can socialize easier and I perform better at work.

September 30, 2010 9:57 AM

Review by pilara:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall has changed my life. I have so much more energy, I'm more alert, and can stay focused on tasks a lot easier. However, I notice when it is starting to wear off, I get really moody. So, I make sure I'm not around people when that's the case. I was really worried about becoming dependent, so at least once or twice a week, I don't take it all to make sure I'm not addicted. Another warning, don't take this after 1pm. You will be up all night. It sucks. Your body will be so tired and you'll want to go to sleep, but your mind is just alert and wide awake! It really suppresses the appetite too but the longer you take it, the less effect it has!

September 29, 2010 7:30 PM

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This medicine is not to be taken lightly. It helps very much.

September 27, 2010 2:56 PM