User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Fatigue 13 reviews 0 medications

Narcolepsy 37 reviews 15 medications

8.9
ADHD 300 reviews 32 medications

8.6
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 350 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Started taking Adderall about 3.5 years ago while in my early twenties for ADD. After already been diagnosed at around 7 my parents refused to put me on medicines. I was never able to sit still, go a day without being extremely restless in class, and many times was sent to the office for being loud. After extreme fatigue and no motivation to finish anything including zero motivation to work, depression, etc. I started Adderall. Has helped so much (at first) things got done, class/work was way smoother. And had interest in things I always struggled to absorb. Cons... tolerance builds fast. Sleep is a must or you feel like a corpse. (After the first few weeks sleep comes easier though.) Nervous. Jittery. "

headtripp March 29, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have taken Adderall for over 6 yrs now. At first it was the best! All my problems were solved. Higher concentration, longer attention span, lower appetite, more sociable. It was awesome. But over the years the side effects have caught up to me. Increased sweating, higher pulse rate, higher blood pressure, lower quality of sleep, dazed. My shoulder muscles are so tense all the time its almost painful. I'm prescribed 60mg a day, and that used to be great, but now if I take more than 30 mg my sleep quality suffers to the point where I'm a zombie the next day. Then I have to take more to feel normal, then I can't sleep again the next night. But if I don't take it, I'm completely useless for about 4 days. Therefore, I can't stop taking it."

Anonymous March 15, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I suffer from ADD. I take 30mg twice a day. It works very well for me, however sometimes I get wicked headaches in my frontal/temple areas which I am sure is a side effect of the Adderall. I am going to see my Doctor in a week and talk this over with him. I also notice that sometimes I feel really sleepy after I take a dose. "

otstratman March 15, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I would like to say that Adderrall really works, it helps me concentrate, and get things done, My mind doesnt race, and I am able to focus. I do experience the dry mouth, and the loss of appetite. And I was experiencing a lot of headaches when I first started taking it, and it would be migraines starting from my temple to the pressure in my eye. I did a self experiment before I completely stopped taking the medicine and began to drink TWO GLASSES of water. 1 before my pill then wait 10 mins and drink another glass of water with the pill.. And through out the day I kept drinking water... And I have no more headaches... Drink water!!!! ALL DAY!"

ElRenee83 March 14, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was recently diagnosed with ADHD.....I was on regular Adderall....it made me feel great! I was able to focus better and accomplish a lot. I was switched to Adderall XR....it TOTALLY changed my life! After being on it about a month, I started noticing that I was becoming more and more depressed and easily agitated. I also noticed that I had no drive AT ALL! I didn't want to do anything! It got so bad that I became suicidal! I was admitted into the hospital for a brief stay (which was a nightmare!) and learned from the psychiatrist that depression was indeed a side effect of the medicine. I immediately stopped taking it and am slowly getting back to normalcy. Its been about 3 weeks and I feel like I'm almost completely back to normal."

Sister0303 March 3, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been on Adderall for about 4 years. I was having an extremely hard time focusing, extreme fatigue, general feeling of being lost and overly emotional and unstable. Adderall was an absolute miracle when I started on it. My trouble paying attention, loss of interest in life, constant sleepiness and emotional swings were gone. It made me genuinely happy and self confident for the first time in my life. "

willynyc February 26, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "When I began taking Adderall in my early 20's, from dose one I could say I feel "normal" for the first time in my life since I was a young boy. I was happy and life had meaning and a reason. It allowed me to become productive, and I loved this new feeling of well being in both mind and body. It came after a decade of severe depression, anxiety and panic states, and a multitude of psych issues, and I was like a person on the outside, but inside a disease of agonizing mental anguish and physically I hurt of severe pain but no physical evidence that I was like a 20 year old young man who was only alive because I would not die. A tablet of Adderall changed my life and it is my key to life worth living."

Anonymous February 23, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am on the IR version and I agree with the person who commented that you forget to eat. I have lost 12 pounds over the last six months and I have to remember to eat. As they stated I do get foggy headed and kind of high feeling at times, but when I eat something and remember to take my vitamins since I don't eat as much I am fine. I am older and I did it so I could study for the CPA exam because I could not keep my mind focused on the study materials. My work performance has improved phenomenally as well. My boss noticed at my next review and even commented that I seemed different. My attention to detail had improved and I was staying focused on my tasks so much better. Makes me wish I had done something like this long ago."

Anonymous February 17, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am a 36 year old African American female graduate student who is currently applying to med school, while working full-time in a hospital pharmacy. I had been on Effexor 150mg daily for several years for depression. Last March (2011), I was diagnosed with ADHD by a LCSW with 30 years of experience in the field. Initially, I was on Concerta 36mg, but switched to the less expensive Adderall XR 20mg daily. I find that my concentration is much better, but I have lost 30 lbs. & have a decreased libido. After taking Adderall XR 20mg for only 3 months, I saw significant improvements in my MCAT score (8th MCAT attempt)! This year, I am will definitely obtain a competitive score & finally secure my spot in med school. THANKS ADDERALL XR!"

FUTURE MD February 14, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was prescribed Adderall XR 15mg six months ago after trying Focalin XR and not liking it because of severe stomach pains it would give me. Before trying the Adderall and Focalin I was diagnosed with ADHD because I brought it to my doctors attention. I had always had a problem in high school and even middle school with getting good grades, everyone thought I was lazy. In college the situation was getting worse, and I started to get depressed about my bad grades. I then realized my depression was stemming from my inability to concentrate on school work. It's been six months since I've been on the Adderall XR, and my grades have shot up! I get A's and B's in all my classes and am so much more organized which helps with everything in my life."

bergenstudent90 February 14, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Double edged sword with Adderall. Great for concentration, brought my college GPA from a 2.5 to a 3.7, amazing. Although I do have trouble sleeping with it, and I often have mild bouts of depression, and roller coaster of emotion that I never have had before. Although it is important to state that this may be because I am not eating as much and forget to eat, which could easily cause these symptoms. AMAZING for athletics, I am able to run 3-4 times farther with this, really great. A nice feeling when its working and with a definite comedown. Its important to mention I am on the IR version, which could be causing these side effects. My food habits are also now VERY healthy."

Anonymous February 13, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It helps with everyday activities and I stay attentive and more focused."

Anonymous January 31, 2012

For Narcolepsy: "Have only needed to take 1/2 of daily dosage, this medicine works!"

mrsstomper January 28, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take only 5mg a day but it works for my mild ADD. This gives me great concentration and I can get things done. Without this, I can't even read an article in a newspaper. This is my life saver. The only catch is I get tense TMJ from this. But I lived with it as the benefit outweigh the side effect."

luluchan January 20, 2012

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Definitely makes me focus and achieve all things; through home and work. No more daydreaming! 30Mg XR."

gemzy January 17, 2012

For Fatigue: "When I took them I was extremely tired from working all night and day.. doing a double shift and I took one 30mg pill and I was wide awake in about no more that 15 minutes.."

The one n only January 14, 2012

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADD at 21, as a junior in college. Before Adderall, I was an average student. I had a short attention span and difficulty efficiently completing tasks. The first time I took it, I read long passages and retained all the information. I actually follow my professors in-class. I didn't dread studying anymore; I actually kind of enjoyed it! I couldn't believe it. Within 2 semesters, my GPA has gone from a 3.1 to a 3.5. There are only a few downsides that come to mind. First, I have trouble falling asleep at night. Next, I get irritated when studying/tasks are interrupted. Also, coming off of it, I feel extremely tired for at least 3 or 4 days."

Anonymous December 14, 2011

For Fatigue: "I take 30mg tabs twice daily for excessive sleep disorder. It has improved my daily living immensely without severe side effects."

Anonymous December 1, 2011

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Lots of side effects - Keeps me awake when taking 50mg a day - makes it hard to go to sleep at night, involuntary muscle movement at times, kills the sex life."

Anonymous November 30, 2011

For ADHD: "I was medication free for over 10 years. After I had my daughter the mental static as I call it got progressively worse. I couldn't finish tasks, or concentrate, I forgot to set my alarm clock, burned food, fell massively behind at work, and the last straw was when I forgot to give my daughter a dose of antibiotic for a sinus infection. I've been on Adderall 30 mg for around a year now, and the difference is amazing. Much better than the Ritalin I took as a child. I feel like I assume people without AD(H)D feel. I no longer have static and random thoughts pulling me off task."

JMDParker November 27, 2011

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I had been taking Adderall (generic) for approximately five years but recently switched to dextroamphetamine because it was getting so hard to get Adderall due to (as the pharmacy said) "a manufacturer backorder". But talk about serendipity; the dextroamphetamine makes me clench my jaw a LOT less than the amphetamine salts and as I begin to lose focus at the end of the day I don't get a headache to boot. So overall I have to say the dextroamphetamine is significantly better than Adderall on several levels."

tlcbiz November 17, 2011

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Works well. Be sure not to take in evening or night just in the morning and noon though, because it will cause sleeplessness."

Anonymous November 16, 2011

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Been on Adderall XR for a week and I can tell a huge difference in my daily life. I was prescribed 20mg once a day. I am 35 years old and I believe I have always suffered from untreated ADHD. My only complaint is with no insurance it is a fairly expensive medication but so far well worth the cost."

Anonymous November 4, 2011

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This medicine increasingly made my symptoms get worse. I became aggressive, ignorant, emotional and I am not a person who gets emotional. Note: I was 12. Please, watch closely if you give this to children."

soharu November 2, 2011

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have a vast array of psych problems from ADD to OCD to suicidal ideation. Adderall was the first wonder pill for me. It made every other medicine I was taking more tolerable and more effective. It caused my mind to stop racing so bad. Adderall changed my life."

EvansWonderland November 1, 2011