User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine (Page 7)

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Fatigue 16 reviews 0 medications

8.8
Narcolepsy 41 reviews 15 medications

8.8
ADHD 364 reviews 36 medications

8.4
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 421 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

For Fatigue: "Found that the medication (Adderall) has improved my ability to collect, process, and retrieve information from memory via hippocampus/PFC too. Less prone to act out, finding myself, actually, more polite. Less distracted, more empathetic, and tend to weigh long term & short term goals and the risk vs. benefit that comes along with such decision making. It is a superb med for improving one's executive functions within the brain. The medicine affects both CNS & PNS; thus, the medicine needs be used with caution and, in some cases, infrequently as not to burn out one's D2 among other receptor sites. It works for me."

Nootropic X (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've taken Adderall for 2 years. The first 6 months, worked very well. Balanced me out, kept me focused & side effects were minimal. But, the efficiency of Adderall has really gone down in my experience. I often find myself hyper focusing on things I don't need to & the side effects have gotten much worse. Insomnia, horrible dry mouth (= more cavities), I get antsy & shaky at times & I also feel I've become dependent on it. Next doctors appointment, I will be asking to switch out to something else. Its a good medicine at first, but understand that many of the great reviews are likely written by newer Adderall users."

pnj89 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 25, 2013

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Keeps you focused. However when it wears off I can't sleep till 6 hours later."

emie_13 November 21, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "In school I could not focus and went through bad moments that I will never forget. Writing this I can still picture all of those who made disgusting gestures because I would leave group projects 1/2 way. Through high school I was in the verge of failing, although, my commitment and dedication to reach the dream of going to college, kept me strong."

Joseg123 November 17, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I've been on adderall for six months for narcolepsy. It has given me a life back. It has helped my severe daytime sleepiness by about 80 %. There are times if I'm really really tired that I can tell the med doesnt help. But mostly it is excellent. The only thing I don't like about it is the crash after the med wears off. I can tell a huge difference. And it is also disappointing that I have to take meds to stay awake each day. But overall, I would say I'm very thankful for it."

Biote (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 11, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am 21, I'm studying in physics and I have been on adderall for almost 2 years now. I started at 15 mg and I am now at 25 mg. It was good the first year, very effective. But now, I don't think it really helps. I feel sleepy with it and I lost attention very quickly. I don't think the dose is the problem, I feel the effect and I think that increasing the dose will augment the anxiety cause by it (I noticed that each time I had to augment the doses, the side effects was worst). I'm gonna return to Ritalin tonight, it was way more effective. Or maybe another one with methylphenidate. Concerta didn't works for me, maybe biphentin should."

DPhysicist (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I liked how focused it made me however if I was agitated it made it worse"

Jenn95 October 29, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Hyper focused, dry mouth. Both this and Straterra put me into state of manic. Used Depakote 750mg for mental balance. "

joeyy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 12, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've taken Vyvanse extended release and Adderall extended release. I didn't like the mood swings and irritability I suffered when they would wear off. My doctor has since put me on Adderall immediate release 30 milligram tablets twice a day. I've taken these tablets for 2 years now and love that I can focus and I am not having mood swings or irritable at all. I have experienced dry mouth and some jitters as well as trouble sleeping. I take Ambien to sleep and it is no longer an issue. I have to take a vitamin supplement due to a huge weight loss though. I was over weight when I started Adderall and now am at a healthy weight and maintaining that weight without issue."

skittles1215 October 6, 2013

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "After 37 years of knowing something wasn't right with my brain, I was diagnosed with ADHD, Inattentive Type in grad school and was prescribed Adderall. Where do I start??? This medication literally changed my life. Imagine being a "gifted" kid who eventually could barely pass middle school math - that's me. After a lifetime of compensating for my "slow processing," hiding my disorganization, and pretending to be on the same page with everyone else, this explains everything. Adderall has made a NIGHT AND DAY difference in my motivation level, what I understand and follow, and even my mood/emotional reactivity. In a word, amazing. If I ever meet the people who "discovered" Adderall, I'm kissing them - my husband agrees."

RedFiona October 5, 2013

175 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Finally I was diagnosed with ADD as an adult after struggling my whole life with ADD. I was put on Adderall and my life changed 100% for the better. I think this is a wonderful medication for those with ADD!"

Cherrycher September 21, 2013

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm a 57 year old male that has been clean and in recovery for ten years now. I have abstained from anything stronger than aspirin the whole time. Chronic pain had made it necessary to begin a closely monitored treatment schedule, but I was still losing a lot of focus on tasks at work and any motivation for anything but sleeping at home. After talking to the doctor we added 20mg Adderal 3 times a day. The difference has been amazing. I normally work pretty long hours and had been having trouble staying awake in the morning going to work and evenings going home. No more. Properly scheduling the doses keeps me active and focused my entire day. Didn't take long to find out that it increased energy and desire in other areas also. All others."

Jojomac57 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 21, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am prescribed Adderall XRs. I am only on 30 mg once a day and my Dr won't increase it. The medication definitely makes me motivated, have energy, and feel a nice since of well-being. I am concerned with a few side effects I get almost every time. I get numb on the left side of my neck and in my shoulder. I also get really cold feet and my toes look purple with very slow capillary refill. I also already had a sleep problem before all this, so my nights are always pretty restless."

Jason407 September 20, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Great medication. I was doing tasks again and talking to people again. The only down side is I want something more 24hrs. The instant release tabs had peaks and after the peaks I would have massive anxiety and the same was with the extended release. It's a great medicine but not for me."

Roofie91 September 14, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Couldn't live without it. Didn't discover it until a few years ago."

gomer1947 August 25, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I just started Adderall 10 mg for a new diagnosis of narcolepsy. This is the first time I have ever stayed awake through a movie, and been able to sit and read without nodding off. I am still my normal, calm self. But I just do not have the compulsion to sleep. Very helpful."

AleeD (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This is a great medicine for focus but it has a downside to it as well. It can cause chest pains. So you must be careful with usage. "

Ronanklan July 29, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "For 5 years I suffered from hypothyroidism which turned out to be Hashimotos. Which I take thyroid (natural thyroid medication). Once my thyroid was under control myself and doctor were confused on why I was so tired. I would have seizures when I was completely exhausted. Very scary! They thought I had panic attacks but not so! The seizures were all part narcolepsy which apparently can mask under hypothyroidism. I now take 30mg of Adderall XR a day. It is not enough but just really happy I can get through the day without feeling like someone has given me a bottle of sleeping pills. Adderall is my wonder pill and no side effects."

Kld (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 22, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I have taken Adderall XR for YEARS now. I have MS & as a result have hypersomnia, which is very similar to narcolepsy. For years & years, I took Provigil alone for this & it was great. But eventually, Provigil was no longer enough to keep me awake. My doctor tried me on Adderall XR & it was amazing. I was able to stay awake ALL day long & felt great. I never had any real jitteriness. It does make me have almost no appetite at all, ever. Mostly I just don't think about eating, it doesn't really occur to me & when I do eat, I can't eat much. But, having been obese most of my life...this hasn't exactly been a problem! "

AmyR July 4, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall in my opinion is a "Miracle"! I am prescribed the (IR) 30mg strength, three times a day. Adderall I feel has significantly improved my quality of life."

Heff84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 3, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Adderall in my opinion is a "Miracle"! I am prescribed the (IR) 30mg strength, three times a day. Adderall I feel has significantly improved my quality of life."

Heff84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 3, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am 25 years old. Over the last 3 years I have pretty muched ruined most of my relationships involving my career and my personal life. The most common symptoms I experience are: Difficulty concentrating and staying on task, caprishious behavior/severe mood swings, impulsive behavior/making irrational decisions that significantly impact my future, depression, and anxiety. I had a great job, and I had lots of friends. Unfortunately, difficult events took place that caused my emotional health to start spiraling out of control. I became diagnosed with ADD/ADHD in April 2013. Started Addrerall 30mg XR. It really helped me feel more motivated, less depressed, and I felt I could concentrate much better. I definitely recommend this medication!"

D Newberry RVT (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started on 20mg Adderall XR 1 month ago. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 13. I was first medicated on Ritalin and I went off of it because it made me very uneasy on the insides. I managed to get through school with all applied courses because a gold fish had a higher attention span then me. If I could turn back time I would have chosen the Adderall path. Just a few side effects that really weren't to bad, I lost a lot of weight because it suppressed my appetite, it was all weight that I could afford to lose and I feel better about myself, I do however have to make a list of tasks before I begin my day or I just get super hyper focused on one thing for to long. I grind my teeth and I have to take sleep-aids but it's worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am almost 50 yr old female just, diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. In elementary school super bright but would finish my work quickly and disrupt the rest of the class. I was never considered hyper just a little "naughty" and disrupted. Now looking back as things in my life have become more disruptive as I age. Couldn't hold a job lately, drink too much etc. I have the Adderral now and that's great. However, when I read about it not working or it becomes less effective, I get nervous because I don't want to be that disruptive unemployable person. I met a Doctor who has ADD as well. He found that simple blood hormone test and restoring your levels can assist in using less medication, making the medication more effective and less side effects."

amlund (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Caused migraines."

Chrismhen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2013