User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Augmentin Review Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 976 medications used in the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.

Reviews for Augmentin to treat Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

"Great response & no problems! In a 3x lung ca. Pt."

Cancerman (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

"The pharmacist, physician, nurse told me Augmentin could or may give me diarrhea. So I started eating the BRAT diet and yogurt and drinking a lot of water. Mild/dull stomach discomfort with mild cramping on days 1 and 2. Day 3 is when diarrhea started. On the 7 days order."

R_R March 11, 2015

"Cleared up my symptoms within a couple of days. Felt much better after day 8. No side effects, as I also take acidophilus."

BlinkyLoo February 2, 2015

"I was prescribed this to treat my sinus infection. It's been almost two days now and while I feel slightly better, the nausea and upset stomach is too much for me. I have eaten both yogurt or rice before taking it and I still get very sick. It is also making everything I eat seem extremely salty. Even when I breathe, I taste salt. I've called my doctor and they're changing my antibiotic to something else. Apparently this one is making my potassium levels rise too high."

Halli (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2014

"Great antibiotic to treat my Upper Respiratory Infection."

dricha November 26, 2014

"Was prescribed Augmentin for sinus and upper respiratory infection and within 48 Hrs I felt remarkably better. Before taking any meds I felt as bad as I have ever felt with any type of cold related illness. I will now request this Med next time I have any similar illness. I did not experience any side effects except maybe a little thirsty. If so it was minor enough that I wasn't 100% sure that it was even a side effect."

DavidM77 November 19, 2013

"I was put on Augmentin for my upper respiratory infection and sinus infection that I had at the same time as each other. After taking it for 2 days I was feeling 80% better. People told me to watch out for side effects such as upset stomach and loose stool, I made sure to have a yogurt before each pill I took and never had an issue."

Sam89 August 26, 2013

"I take Augmentin when I get a sinus infection and it works fast."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2012

"Used it for a 2 year old for bronchitis and was very effective. Difference seen in 2 days. I used Orelox before that and it did not help at all. With any chest, sinus related infection Augmentin is the way to go."

revue April 15, 2011