User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Augmentin Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1108 medications used in the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.

Reviews for Augmentin to treat Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

"I have had Augmentin or its generic prescribed for my sinus upper resp infections for 15 years. It Always works. It sometimes takes 15-21 days as I've had many sinus surgeries, but by the end I am clear and good to go! Cipro takes longer and Levaquin made me lose my sense of smell for a year!"

Sinu-Girl (taken for 10 years or more) November 30, 2015

"Great response & no problems! In a 3x lung ca. Pt."

Cancerman (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

"The pharmacist, physician, nurse told me Augmentin could or may give me diarrhea. So I started eating the BRAT diet and yogurt and drinking a lot of water. Mild/dull stomach discomfort with mild cramping on days 1 and 2. Day 3 is when diarrhea started. On the 7 days order."

R_R March 11, 2015

"Cleared up my symptoms within a couple of days. Felt much better after day 8. No side effects, as I also take acidophilus."

BlinkyLoo February 2, 2015

"I was prescribed this to treat my sinus infection. It's been almost two days now and while I feel slightly better, the nausea and upset stomach is too much for me. I have eaten both yogurt or rice before taking it and I still get very sick. It is also making everything I eat seem extremely salty. Even when I breathe, I taste salt. I've called my doctor and they're changing my antibiotic to something else. Apparently this one is making my potassium levels rise too high."

Halli (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2014

"Great antibiotic to treat my Upper Respiratory Infection."

dricha November 26, 2014

"Was prescribed Augmentin for sinus and upper respiratory infection and within 48 Hrs I felt remarkably better. Before taking any meds I felt as bad as I have ever felt with any type of cold related illness. I will now request this Med next time I have any similar illness. I did not experience any side effects except maybe a little thirsty. If so it was minor enough that I wasn't 100% sure that it was even a side effect."

DavidM77 November 19, 2013

"I was put on Augmentin for my upper respiratory infection and sinus infection that I had at the same time as each other. After taking it for 2 days I was feeling 80% better. People told me to watch out for side effects such as upset stomach and loose stool, I made sure to have a yogurt before each pill I took and never had an issue."

Sam89 August 26, 2013

"I take Augmentin when I get a sinus infection and it works fast."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2012

"Used it for a 2 year old for bronchitis and was very effective. Difference seen in 2 days. I used Orelox before that and it did not help at all. With any chest, sinus related infection Augmentin is the way to go."

revue April 15, 2011