User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Augmentin review summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 364 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Augmentin to treat Sinusitis

Review by HoosierAnna: User Rating:

Had a nasty sinus infection - my entire head seemed locked in a vacuum-grip of pressure, snot, and general awfulness. I felt dizzy, exhausted, irritated, and I think it even began to affect my thinking. I thought it was just a common cold but nope, the real deal. Augmentin 875, 2x/day for 10 days seems to have cleared it out, mostly. BUT HERE'S THE KEY, FOLKS --> Take a good probiotic every morning, about 3 or 4 hours before you take the first dose of Augmentin. Then, when it's time to take your Augmentin, take it with a LOT of food, and take it after the first or second bite of your meal. You'll get through it, and may it heal you as it seems to have healed me. No side effects for me, and I'm one sensitive, hypochondriacal mess normally!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 6, 2014 11:27 PM
Review by tnarmyman: User Rating:

I took this medicine for a sinus infection. Worked great for that but the side effects for me were unbearable. On day 7 of the medicine I had the worst stomach cramps that I have ever had and diarrhea. Sleepiness was a constant, slept all day and night. Had no desire to eat at all. Had chills, cough, fever, severe headaches, irritability, heartburn and greatly decreased frequency of urination.

February 2, 2014 1:17 PM
Review by MarGuy1 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Had Sinusitis for ten days, finally went on Augmentin 1g, after a couple of days my symptoms had 80% resolved. I'm on day 4 now and all symptoms have 100% resolved. No side effects. Great antibiotic.

October 20, 2013 4:51 PM
Review by ma2wycode (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Have acute sinusitis, with severe migraine, dizziness, facial pain, TMJ, eye swelling. Was prescribed Augmentin, seems to be working just after 1 days use! I already had severe stomach ache, doc said that's normal for acute sinusitis because all the dripping from the sinuses down our throats, which ends up stewing in our poor bellies! So I really notice no difference with tummyache yet.

August 16, 2013 6:07 AM
Review by john Zacca:

Acted quickly. Had strep throat and Dr prescribed Bactrim which didn't help. I went back and Dr gave Augmentin and with few hours was feeling much better. Some stomach issues when taking medicine.

July 22, 2013 1:45 PM
Review by LexiLex: User Rating:

I had a severe sinus infection and went on Augmentin 875, it has helped. No more headache and facial pain. I was extremely dizzy, nausea, loss of appetite, severe mood/personality change, and hyperactivity. I went off the medicine on day 5, could'nt take the side effects.

February 22, 2013 11:54 AM
Review by Sunny95124: User Rating:

I felt like crap 36 hours ago (headache, toothache, congested nose) but feel SO much better after 4 doses. I should have gone to the doctor sooner. Mild impact on my digestion, but I'll take that any day in lieu of the debilitating headache and toothache I was experiencing.

February 11, 2013 1:08 AM
Review by EllieMaeW: User Rating:

I have horrible allergies and get frequent sinus and ear infections. Have been on Z pack, Amoxicillin & Biaxin. Augmentin is the only thing that clears it up. Minimal side effects (some mild nausea) and fast acting.

February 3, 2013 9:13 AM
Review by Irispr: User Rating:

Had a terrible sinus infection and was prescribed Augmentin, It began to work an hour later. No side effects.

December 15, 2012 6:55 AM
Review by val dal (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Amazing - works extremely fast. Side effects are short-lived and petty compared to the efficacy of this medication.

May 24, 2012 5:31 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I had a raging sinus infection that quickly spread to my upper chest and was just about to become full blown bronchitis maybe even pneumonia if I had waited any longer. I am sensitive to many antibiotics and had a very bad experience with Biaxin in the past. Anyway, Augmentin 825 twice a day and taken with food I barely had any side effects at all. I have been EXTREMELY impressed with Augmentin and by the second dose the first day I was already 50% better and everything started rapidly improving and all congestion breaking up and clearing. I'm on third day now and I am 90% better, a few days ago I was extremely sick and head was all filled up and ears stuffy too. Works FAST A .

April 6, 2012 7:59 PM
Review by D.J.: User Rating:

I started with infection in my sinus that was mild. Then I got a bad nosebleed that was unrelated to the infection. I had to get one complete side of my nose packed all the way to the sinus cavity (uncomfortable). The doctor gave me Augmentin 875-125 for 2 weeks so no further infection ensued. Almost done with it now and it worked extremely well for the infection. Like some have said, make sure that you have a restroom close by. It will make your gas pretty much unbearably crude.

January 14, 2012 5:13 AM
Review by O-deb: User Rating:

Augmentin is getting rid of my sinus infection BUT the severe diarrhea side effect is going to have to make me quit. I have lost 3 pounds so far, have no energy and can't keep anything in my body. I'm a runner so this is totally NOT acceptable.

December 13, 2011 6:29 AM
Review by Patiently waiting: User Rating:

I was on Augmentin for 10 days, did not resolve the sinus problem. REFILL: Now I have been on Augmentin for 14 days and it has helped SOME, but the infection is still on the left side sinuses and tonsils. Also, at times I experience feelings of light-headedness and I wonder if it is the medication or allergies. My blood pressure seems to be up and down since taking the Augmentin and at times I have body aches and pains that make sleeping difficult. I have increased my fluid intake to offset the dryness, but I wish that the antibiotic would cure the sinus problem. I hope the doctor takes me off this and finds something that works.

November 18, 2011 7:04 PM
Review by anonymous012345: User Rating:

I was on Augmentin for 6 days with virtually no results. I woke up on the 6th day with a severe headache and called the doctor for another prescription. Probably the worst side effect though was severe upset stomach and constipation to the point where medicines for upset stomach and suppositories did not help.

November 3, 2011 10:46 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Possibly the greatest thing ever invented. No side effects for me, and it knocks out my long-running sinus infections. Z-packs and other antibiotics are almost useless for me. 875mg Augmentin twice per day for 10 days gets rid of the infection COMPLETELY. Everything else helps for a week or two, and then I'm back to the doctor.

October 13, 2011 10:56 PM

Hard on the stomach.

August 14, 2011 4:09 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Took this for 10 days. Still did not knock out the full infection. We are trying Zithromycin now, 500 mg's for 7 days and then off one week and then 7 more days.

March 1, 2011 5:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I started this medication 3 days ago. By the 2nd day I had lots of diarrhea and gas. Still lingering but has subsided a bit. And it is clearing up the sinius infection. Just make sure to have a toilet near you.

November 14, 2010 8:20 PM

Experienced extreme emotional and nervous reaction. I didn't finish the script but what I did take cleared up the sinusitis.

June 3, 2010 12:39 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Had relief on day 2. Congestion cleared up enough so that my ears finally popped. Only side effect may have been nausea while running.

January 25, 2010 4:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Made me extremely nauseous by just taking half of the prescribed dose.

January 22, 2010 5:17 PM

Been on 875 mgs 2 times a day for a sinus infection for 6 days and I don't feel any better, everything still hurts. I have not had any side effects. My doctor said it could take up to 4 weeks....

November 18, 2009 3:33 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I am on day 4 still waiting for complete relief. Have been ill. Have suffered both constipation and diarrhea, but mostly, still have sinus and headaches.

November 14, 2009 7:23 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I had relief after Day 1!

November 7, 2009 11:22 PM

Learn more about Sinusitis

Severe allergies and anaphylaxis: Learn how epinephrine can save a life. Watch Video