User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Augmentin Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 259 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Augmentin to treat Sinusitis

"Completely and totally killed the sinus infection. Ive lost some sense of smell."

AEJ2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

"I am currently staying in the hospital overnight with an infected colon ( thought it was appendicitis it was so close), crazy watery diarrhea, vomiting, severe stomach cramps, and therefore dehydration. I have never had digestive problems like this and I've never been in a hospital overnight. This is seriously because of augmentin. Do not take this drug!"

Ughhhhh (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

"Went to urgent care with a tooth ache. Told I had a severe sinus infection. Mind you I've had swelling on the left side of my face for 5 years, been thru every test out there, for answers with no success. Ever since the swelling started I've suffered ear infections (left side only) and sinus infections to no end. Dentist would tell me my X-rays don't look normal, but offered no explanation. Okay so, urgent care prescribed penicillin 500mg, but I explain to the dr that I may have a tolerance to that with all the antibiotics I've been on so she prescribes, Augmentin 875 2x a day for 10days. Over a few days I'm dizzy, nauseous, pressure headaches like my brain is being squeeszed. The worst medicine EVER!!!"

Mollie (perforated sinus girl) February 28, 2016

"I get sinus infections twice a year like clock work. I usually get a Z-pack and a couple days of prednisone and I'm usually better in a couple days. This time around, I was given 875 mg of augmentin for 10 days, along with 10 day step-down dosage of prednisone. I took the meds as prescribed for 4 days and had to stop. I've never had such debilitating stomach pains in my life. I'm talking stomach pains, not intestinal pains. I felt so nauseated, though I never vomited once. My head felt funny, like a headache was trying to develop, and I began to sweat. It has been 5 days since I stopped taking the medications, and I am still having issues with my stomach!! Never ever again! I need answers!!"

Tollcoll2376 (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2016

"Bad sinus infection. 6 days in after 2 x a day 875 mg's I FINALLY feel better. Minimal side effects. Loose bowel motions as mentioned."

JJP62 February 22, 2016

"Started on 100mg of Augmentin for Sinus infection. Cleared up sinuses well but had severe diarrhea. I wasn't concerned by this considering it's the common side effect but I just took my last dose, not four hours later I threw up twice and had more bowel movements. This medication was not for me."

Anon7596 February 13, 2016

"Everyone's system is different. What you have to do is take probiotics, I drink kefir, 4 hours after you take the augmentin. This and plenty of water, will help most people. Always always always eat plenty of food with augmentin, and always take probiotics in intervals, to replace the good bacteria. Do not take them at the same time, else you will just kill the probiotic good bacteria"

divinetrust January 30, 2016

"Throat infection/headache/ear infection. Four days twice a day helped me get rid of it. Just drink a lot of water people"

Dana ak (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2016

"Day 4 of 875 mg of augmentin. I have a severe sinus infection, a inner ear infection along with a "sizeable" hole in my eardrum "

jcblockhead15 January 3, 2016

"I did not have any side effects. Loose stool the first few days bit not what I would consider diarrhea. I'm not sure if it worked though. It helped my ears but I still have a slight sinus headache. Just finished the 10th day. Two doses a day."

HeatherLynn87 December 28, 2015

"After a couple of hours after taking an 875 mg tab, my stomach became rock hard. I had the most debilitating stomach cramps known to man. I've never vomited as much and as hard as I did that day. The diarrhea was like I was urinating out of my anus. After drinking a bottle of kiefer, I was good again"

Leon G. December 27, 2015

"3 hours after my first dose of Augmentin 875 I started vomiting in addition to diarrhea. I thought I had a stomach flu. I waited 5-6 days to restart the antibiotic. Well 3 hours after that dose guess where I was, in the bathroom vomiting again for several hours! I will NEVER take this medicine again!!! I've had Augmentin before but only experienced nausea. Not anymore! :("

Amy7231 December 26, 2015

"I'm almost done with a 10 day course of 875 mg of Augmentin, twice daily. I don't feel any relief. I'm taking Flonase and generic Allegra D as well. None of it helps."

A76marie (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2015

"Sinuses started clearing after about two days but my tongue began to swell a little. I also had tongue soreness and developed ulcers on my tongue as well. Chest tightness also occurred. I will never take this drug again as this is the second time I've had a bad experience with it."

R Cloke October 12, 2015

"This is my second time using Augmentin. Before this it was used for an ear infection, and now for sinusitis. Symptoms cleared up almost exactly when my doctor said they would- about 2 days in each time. Symptoms have been minimal with only minor stomach upset. Taken with probiotics several hours apart from it regularly I managed to avoid a yeast infection."

Respo October 7, 2015

"Augmentin: The first time I took it was about 8 yrs ago. It did the job quick but I had diarrhea for about a year. {not kidding! also developed plantar fasciitis for a brief period possibly due to a lack of certain nutrients, caused by the extended bout of diarrhea} I did not know what probiotics are at the time!?:( I blamed myself and that other guy, My doctor for not mentioning the benefits of probiotics. Probiotics maintain a healthy level of good bacteria that most antibiotics will destroy, This prevents or minimizes greatly any diarrhea. Augmentin also contains clavulanic acid which causes the upset stomach. Ranitidine, which is an acid reducer can help soften the sour stomach often associated with augmentin. Augmentin does work!!!"

Anonymous August 31, 2015

"I suffer from chronic sinus infections and migraine headaches. I usually can tell if a sinus infection has taken hold when sumatriptan ( migraine med) is not working! first go round a couple year ago with Augmentin 875 mg big pills was awful, and I experienced what others reported with horrible chemo like diareah effects, barely made it through 5 of 10 days, but felt better in head afterwards. decided to gut it out again a couple years later with another sinus infection after weaker antibiotics did not work and had a much easier time with augmentin. perhaps body needs to adjust yo this med, but thank god it works!"

vicrom (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2015

"had sinusitis for 3 weeks and got augmentine for medication. I'm on my 3rd day now and thinking of stopping as it gave me severe headache. couldn't do any work, just laying on the bed battling with it. augmentine is good, for most people, but not for me though."

Denise Alliman July 22, 2015

"Suffered for almost a week before heading to the doctor. My sinus infection had gotten so bad it lead to an ear infection. After trying to self medicate for almost a week (HUGE FAIL) I finally gave in. My lovely doctor prescribed Augmentin. I started Augmentin Thursday and today I am almost feeling like myself again. No negative side affects for me whatsoever :) pretty satisfied "

Feeling Way Better (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2015

"Had the worst sinus infection of my life and couldn't sleep for 2 days. my sinuses felt like concrete. After 2 days on Augmentin I finally felt relief. It took 7 days to completely get rid of the infection. No side effects, maybe because I'm 6 ft 7 and weigh 260 lbs and had more body mass."

TallPaul July 4, 2015

"Day two and I already can breathe out of both nostrils!. My stomach feels a little weird but not terrible. 875 X 2"

sinuses June 27, 2015

"Monday morning I went to my doctor and she diagnosed me with Sinusitis, and prescribed me with Augmentin. I took my first dose at around 11 am, 4 hours later I was feeling terribly nauseous with awful cramps. Though the medication had helped subside the pain in my head, there was a newfound pain in stomach. I stopped taking the medication on Wednesday because the stomach pains were unbearable. In my experience, this medication helped get rid of my sinus infection but now I am suffering through daily nausea and cramps and I have been off the antibiotics for 2 days."

GriffinHoover23 May 21, 2015

"I have had episodes of Acute Sinusitis throughout many years and whenever I take this I feel better yet somewhat worse when I stop it. I does do the job with little to no side effects for me personally"

Sinus sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2015

"Seem to work very well. I have had a sinus infection for over a week and was feeling miserable. I started taking Augmentin yesterday and today I already feel 90% better! Yay! I think it is very important to take a high potency good bacteria pill (forgetting right now what they are called!) Very pleased with this perscription"

carolyn74 May 1, 2015

"Augmentin gave me a debilitating, unbelievably severe headache. I thought I was going to die due to my head imploding with pain. I was literally screaming! Never again for me..."

Korine April 14, 2015