User Reviews for Prevpac

Learn more about Prevpac.

Prevpac Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 42 medications used in the treatment of Helicobacter Pylori Infection.

Reviews for Prevpac to treat Helicobacter Pylori Infection

"Yearlong pain was gone by day 3. But on day 4, the horrible side effects started. The awful taste in my mouth at all times, worsening constipation, headband headache, and up all night with insomnia. If it wasn't worth it to get rid of this stomach infection, I would quit taking this med. That's how bad these side effects combined are for me. If it was just one, and not at all the up all night insomnia, I would be much better."

VanessaFas (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

"On Day 6 of the 14 day treatment. The side effects I've experienced haven't been too bad: the bad taste in your mouth (usually at night and first thing in the morning), hard time staying asleep (insomnia), yellow stools, and some left side aches which I think may have to do with constipation. I'm sure I would be worse if I didn't take a probiotic with every dose of these meds."

H.S. MI (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2016

"Two years ago I began having symptoms of H Pylori. The first episode lasted about 20 minutes. It was a terrible pain in my upper abdomen. The pain was more intense than gas pain, but I wrote it off as such. After that, every 3 months or so I would be woken up by the same terrible pain and I always knew I wasn't getting sleep that night as it would last 4-6 hours and I could not get comfortable. I had one of those night episodes, but the pain wouldn't go away. It wasn't constantly the same degree of pain, some times it would be a churning pain, a bloated pain, or a general soreness. After a week, went to the doctor and was tested positive for H Pylori. There was a huge difference/day 3 and the pain was just about gone/day 4. Amazing"

42yo Female (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2015

"I am a 31 year old female. I was given PrevPac to get rid of H pylori, which was the underlying cause of my chronic gastritis & terrible pain and discomfort in my chest from reflux & inflammation. I just completed the 14 day PrevPac kit. This treatment definitely works and I feel 100% better now that it's over. It takes time for it to fully kick in though. I started feeling relief at day 5 & felt 100% better at day 10. To me, my experience wasn't AS BAD as some of the reviews I read prior to starting the medication. Based on suggestions I read, I took a daily probiotic, which helped a lot with the side effects, so I recommend that. The one constant symptom was the metallic taste in my mouth, especially when first waking up. But all I had to do was drink something and it went away. I had diarrhea a couple times, but nothing extreme. A few stomach aches/cramps as well. At the very end, I developed a little yeast infection (which can happen when taking antibiotics) but I easily got rid of it with over the counter meds. The side effects are very bearable. Overall, the most annoying thing for me was having to take so many pills at once and in one day and also the cost. After my insurance paid their part, I paid $75 dollars, which to me is a lot. But the packaging said before insurance it was about $750."

DMae November 24, 2015

"Today is day 1 of my treatment for h pylori "

Jeanette944 November 18, 2015

"I'm on day three of prevpac and was prescribed four pills equally for h pylori and costing $841.00.I haven't had any major side effects besides swollen eye lids that went away in the morning . I was scared to take it after reading alot of reviews, but it's worth the shot if it'll cure my stomach pains that I've had for 11 years!"

J Marie November 3, 2015

"In a period of few years I visited many doctors because of pain in my stomach. I was always hungry and felt very tired. Sometimes my belly was like a balloon without any reason. Until this doctor sent to for a blood test for helicobacter pylori and the results came out positive. I was very optimistic and was hoping this pain and problems finally stop, I got the medicine on Saturday and started the treatment on Sunday morning. After taking it for 3 days I noticed a huge results, had more energy and I was waking up fresh. A day after I started having this sweet taste in my mouth which scared me a little bit... maybe I got an infection. I was continuing taking this medicine day 7th on this treatment I got a terrible headache and anxiety,"

ORD00000 October 21, 2015

"I've had the h.pylori infection for at least a few years but this year it got to a point where I couldn't handle it. I had severe gastritis and couldn't eat anymore. Some days the food I ate over the course of a day wouldn't even add up to one meal. The treatment was not pleasant, but tolerable. It's a lot of pills to take in one day and I felt exhausted some of the days. A few weeks after I finished the treatment, I noticed that I no longer have immediate pain and nausea when I try to eat. Now (4 months later) I can almost eat a full meal and feel ok. It took a while to recover but it was very much worth it."

anon888888 October 19, 2015

"I am on day 3 out of 14 and I am sooo miserable. I don't want to continue it, but I have too :'( . I pass really stinky gas, horrible diarrhea, nausea, feeling tired most of the time, but worse of all is the weird taste in my mouth. Oh god, when I wake up to it... Probably the reason why I feel so nauseated. Drinking a lot of water, eating CANDY (tiny m&m that comes in bottles. For some reason, it helped me..weird, I know.), and listerine pocketpaks all help me with the disgusting nasty taste so far. I hope it's worth it. I give it a five because of the side effects but the treatment better be a 10..I sure hope it's worth it :'((("

Amyyyyy (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2015

"day 1.5 because I started the pack last night no longer wanting to deal with the gas, bloating, stomach pain weight gain ect. Had it for years I'm sure. Today I had blurred vision for about 20 minutes and then a lingering headache all day. Here's hoping it works!"

Kanata (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2015

"Worried after reading reviews but test positive for h pylori and have stomach issues all summer. I'm taking it am and pm but a probiotic with lunch and some yogurt. I'm also using probiotic at night vaginally to combat the yeast. I will update after day 7."

Just started September 14, 2015

"I was a little nervous about taking this after reading some horror stories online. The first day I had some burning in my stomach and nausea but then I started taking a probiotic an hour before the am and pm antibiotics and that helped amazingly well. The only side effect I suffered for the 2 weeks was a bad taste in my mouth(a little like metal). The prevpac worked for me. No more stomach issues. I just recommend taking a probiotic. It really helped!"

Cmb1388 August 10, 2015

"My only symptom at first was no appetite! Ate one day the next didn't want to eat anything. Felt normal otherwise. One week later I had lost 10 pounds. I noticed heart palpitations. Stopped taking Celebrex for my arthritis and all nsaids for migraines. Went to hospital and had complete work up on heart a CT scan, x-rays, blood work, stress test...all normal.In the third week was able to eat some. Started back on Celebrex. Two weeks later, lost appetite again with nausea. Lost 25 pounds. Had upper GI noted small hiatal hernia. Gastroenterologist did EGD with biopsy. Stomach was irritated from NSAIDS and H,Pylori. So I started on Amox. 500 two a day, Flagyl 3x day, Carafate, Prilosec. Feel great. Retest next week."

ohiojoann (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2015

"I had acute gastritis and went to ER to get iv fluids. While there, they ran a test for H. Pylori and it was positive. My only symptoms prior to the ER visit was frequent heartburn. I was given RX for biaxin, amoxicillin, and omeprazole for 14 days. I got online and was horrified of the reviews. I delayed starting my meds. The first three days were hell on earth. Nausea, fatigue, anxiety. I learned very quickly to EAT with each dose. I had the metallic taste up until day 10 and then it went away. I'm wrapping up day 12, and while the treatment was tough in the beginning, it is doable. My GI is going to do an EGD in 60 days. Was also told to continue omeprazole x 2 months to heal ulcers and combat rebound reflux. Feeling better!"

Marchgirl April 30, 2015

"I have been taking Prevpac for a week now, and the horrible abdominal pain is long gone. :) However, I am experiencing rather unpleasant back pain as a side effect. I have been stretching like crazy trying to mitigate it, but it doesn't seem to be working. I am using ice packs and a portable tens unit to deal with it. While not fun, it is a whole lot better than the agony of an h. pylori infection."

RG6 March 19, 2015

"I am on day 12. I took the first dose in the evening & the next morning I woke w/ the strong metallic taste in my mouth. That taste is there every morning, but I can easily wash it away w/ a drink of water. Around days 4-6, I had very loose stools from everything I ate. Since then, it has been off & on, but I have at least one loose stool every day. My h pylori infection caused at least 2 ulcers so I was experiencing a lot of nausea before, which has gradually improved w/ this med--something must be working. This med gave me really bad yeast infections (both oral & vaginal) but gargled w/ hydrogen peroxide a few times & it cleared up. And treated the "other" area. This med has been tough, but still better than the h pylori and ulcer symptoms."

ndakblue (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2015

"I'm currently on day 11 of Prevpac. I was very nervous about taking it after reading horror stories online. The first day I was very nauseous after taking it in the morning. That afternoon I purchased some probiotics and they have been a huge help! My only side effect is a bad taste in my mouth but chewing gum helps with that! I feel great now but I'm excited to be done with the meds in three days. I've been having stomach issues for 3 years with no definite answer until finally a doctor tested me for H.Pylori and it came back positive. Prevpac really isn't that bad. I highly recommend taking probiotics though!"

Cb1307 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2014

"I have had stomach problems for the past 6 years and was prescribed medications such as Nexium, Zantac and Protonix however I saw no results. 2 weeks ago I went to emergency for extreme stomach pain and vomiting I was diagnosed with H pylori and given the 14 day treatment Prevpac the first couple days I had symptoms such as a metal taste in mouth and feeling fatigued. On day 7 I started getting minor headaches, I am pleased to say I am on day 14 and just finished the pack and I am feeling great. Make sure to drink lots of fluids and eat healthy during the treatment."

cowboyfan1993 (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2014

"I have now taken the Prevpac 2 times. While on the medicine I felt better but once the medication was done the acid and pain came back."

Sunny4611 January 20, 2014

"I was diagnosed with H.pylori a year ago and finally did Prevpac. I've had terrible diarrhea since starting - took my last dose today. Generally, my stomach was always churning and the diarrhea was consistent while on the treatment. No other side effects, energy levels were fine and was able to work out daily. Hopefully H.pylori is gone."

RonMcDC October 15, 2013

"I'm usually very regular so when I started experiencing stomach discomfort- bloating, constipation, lots of gas I headed straight to my doctor. I did indeed have H Pylori and was given the PrevPac 14 day treatment. After reading what seemed like pages of negative reviews and side effects, I was hesitant to start the regimen and made a deal with myself that if it didn't work out for me I'd go toward a more holistic route. I'm on Day 13 and overall I had a positive experience. The first few days I was fatigued and that eventually went away. I did get a bad taste in my mouth after an hour of taking the medicine. I'm regular again and feel much better. I also took probiotics and cut out sugar, dairy and gluten which I think helped as well."

SATaylor September 24, 2013

"I'm on my fourth day of using the Prevpac for H. pylori infection which was discovered during a medical procedure (colonoscopy and endoscopy). I was experiencing stomach discomfort (throbbing alternating aches from left to right) which prompted me to have these procedures. Day one: I felt tired and experienced severe stomach pain including bloating, but it (stomach pain) eventually subsided. Day two: minor stomach pain and little bloating. Day three: I did not experience any pain but I had the metallic taste and felt fatigued. I have noticed that my bowels are larger (sorry for the extra information) than normal. Details to take into consideration: Female and a minority"

PebJLE September 4, 2013

"I am almost done with the Prevpac, after I take it I have a really bad taste in my mouth. I'm hoping that I will be cured and that all the money that was paid is worth it."

JayJay.. August 19, 2013

"I've had some stomach pain but nothing like before I was diagnosed. The taste is getting really bad in my mouth - I'm on day 7 but I just keep drinking water to get rid of the taste..it's like zingy, metal taste, raw like I burned my tongue of coffee. I do have cramping about an hour after taking but then it goes away. I have more bowel movements but I assume it's just the meds working. It's almost over. Hopefully I never have to do anything like this again. I'm no longer tired, groggy, no energy - I feel fantastic - I had no idea it was the infection making me so ill."

so far so good (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2013

"I'm on the last day of a 14 day treatment. A little bad taste but didn't last long. Doctor must have faith with Prevpac because I asked if I need to be retested and he said no. A routine colonoscopy/ upper endoscopy showed the presence of H. Pylori. Still not sure how I was infected, had an endoscopy 5 years ago and didn't have it then. My wife said better me than her she could never had taken all this medication and was amazed how well I tolerated Prevpac 14 day treatment."

pyloriprevpac June 16, 2013