User Reviews for Prevpac

Learn more about Prevpac.

Prevpac review summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 42 medications used in the treatment of Helicobacter Pylori Infection.

Reviews for Prevpac to treat Helicobacter Pylori Infection

Review by Cb1307 (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm currently on day 11 of Prevpac. I was very nervous about taking it after reading horror stories online. The first day I was very nauseous after taking it in the morning. That afternoon I purchased some probiotics and they have been a huge help! My only side effect is a bad taste in my mouth but chewing gum helps with that! I feel great now but I'm excited to be done with the meds in three days. I've been having stomach issues for 3 years with no definite answer until finally a doctor tested me for H.Pylori and it came back positive. Prevpac really isn't that bad. I highly recommend taking probiotics though!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 11:48 PM

Review by cowboyfan1993 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have had stomach problems for the past 6 years and was prescribed medications such as Nexium, Zantac and Protonix however I saw no results. 2 weeks ago I went to emergency for extreme stomach pain and vomiting I was diagnosed with H pylori and given the 14 day treatment Prevpac the first couple days I had symptoms such as a metal taste in mouth and feeling fatigued. On day 7 I started getting minor headaches, I am pleased to say I am on day 14 and just finished the pack and I am feeling great. Make sure to drink lots of fluids and eat healthy during the treatment.

February 21, 2014 10:52 AM

Review by Sunny4611:

I have now taken the Prevpac 2 times. While on the medicine I felt better but once the medication was done the acid and pain came back.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2014 3:04 PM

Review by RonMcDC:

I was diagnosed with H.pylori a year ago and finally did Prevpac. I've had terrible diarrhea since starting - took my last dose today. Generally, my stomach was always churning and the diarrhea was consistent while on the treatment. No other side effects, energy levels were fine and was able to work out daily. Hopefully H.pylori is gone.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2013 4:51 PM

Review by SATaylor:

I'm usually very regular so when I started experiencing stomach discomfort- bloating, constipation, lots of gas I headed straight to my doctor. I did indeed have H Pylori and was given the PrevPac 14 day treatment. After reading what seemed like pages of negative reviews and side effects, I was hesitant to start the regimen and made a deal with myself that if it didn't work out for me I'd go toward a more holistic route. I'm on Day 13 and overall I had a positive experience. The first few days I was fatigued and that eventually went away. I did get a bad taste in my mouth after an hour of taking the medicine. I'm regular again and feel much better. I also took probiotics and cut out sugar, dairy and gluten which I think helped as well.

September 24, 2013 2:56 PM

Review by PebJLE:

I'm on my fourth day of using the Prevpac for H. pylori infection which was discovered during a medical procedure (colonoscopy and endoscopy). I was experiencing stomach discomfort (throbbing alternating aches from left to right) which prompted me to have these procedures. Day one: I felt tired and experienced severe stomach pain including bloating, but it (stomach pain) eventually subsided. Day two: minor stomach pain and little bloating. Day three: I did not experience any pain but I had the metallic taste and felt fatigued. I have noticed that my bowels are larger (sorry for the extra information) than normal. Details to take into consideration: Female and a minority

September 4, 2013 12:51 AM

Review by JayJay..:

I am almost done with the Prevpac, after I take it I have a really bad taste in my mouth. I'm hoping that I will be cured and that all the money that was paid is worth it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2013 4:36 PM

Review by so far so good (taken for less than 1 month):

I've had some stomach pain but nothing like before I was diagnosed. The taste is getting really bad in my mouth - I'm on day 7 but I just keep drinking water to get rid of the taste..it's like zingy, metal taste, raw like I burned my tongue of coffee. I do have cramping about an hour after taking but then it goes away. I have more bowel movements but I assume it's just the meds working. It's almost over. Hopefully I never have to do anything like this again. I'm no longer tired, groggy, no energy - I feel fantastic - I had no idea it was the infection making me so ill.

June 24, 2013 2:00 PM

Review by pyloriprevpac:

I'm on the last day of a 14 day treatment. A little bad taste but didn't last long. Doctor must have faith with Prevpac because I asked if I need to be retested and he said no. A routine colonoscopy/ upper endoscopy showed the presence of H. Pylori. Still not sure how I was infected, had an endoscopy 5 years ago and didn't have it then. My wife said better me than her she could never had taken all this medication and was amazed how well I tolerated Prevpac 14 day treatment.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 16, 2013 5:51 PM

Review by scarnevale (taken for less than 1 month):

I was positive for H Pylori. I was nervous to start this 14 day therapy of medicines, but I toughened up and went for it. I am on my second day of Prevpac. I have some symptoms. The first day I took it about 2 hours after I felt tried, along with the metallic taste in mouth. I ate right after I took it and drank plenty of water. The taste went away fairly quickly in morning however in the evening I got the same symptoms but the metallic taste was worse. I just kept drinking water. This morning I woke up with loose stools. Also for some reason I have been having increased appetite. I guess its a good thing considering I haven't been eating. I am 27 year old. I will keep you updated.

June 14, 2013 11:56 AM

Review by Tammy P123:

I'm on day 8.. No stomach issues except mild cramping every so often, maybe once a day for a couple of minutes. The worst part for me is the disgusting taste and like others it is waking me up its so nasty. Also starting yesterday it feels like my tongue is on fire. I pray that after I complete the Prevpac I never have to do it again. I am miserable.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2013 4:22 PM

Review by Indian1:

I am having side effects like fast heart beat, not able to sleep, diarrhea, vaginal itching. I feel it has many side effects and they will occur depending on the person.

October 12, 2011 10:18 AM

Review by Mahogany247:

Today is my 5th day of taking the medication. I too was worried about taking it after reading some horror stories regarding the side effects. I am happy to say that so far the only side effects that I've experienced is a little tiredness the first day and the bad taste in my mouth which I've noticed that I've experience more in the middle of the night upon waking for various reasons. All in all I am pleased, other then the fact that I have to take them for 14 days. Good luck to all!

July 18, 2011 1:13 PM

I was worried going into this medicine after reading so many negative things. I took it for 14 days and had minimal side effects. I feel like it did what it was intended to do, and am grateful my pain has ceased and am feeling human again. The only side effects I had were a headache one day...drowsiness...bad taste in the mouth a couple times, and a pretty active female yeast infection. All of which are better now. Good luck, to those who need it . Wishing you good results too.

July 14, 2011 7:26 PM

Review by Miguelitoe:

This medicine really works. I was H pylori positive always had acid reflux, heartburn, ulcers and tried everything and nothing worked so the doctor gave me Prevpac and it's awesome. I feel 101% now.

August 14, 2010 2:15 PM

I'm On my 1st day of treatment and I have gas and my stomach is bloated. I also have a bad headache and I feel nauseous. In my stomach I feel movements and little pain. I'm hoping this treatment works.

July 8, 2010 12:50 AM

I was very nauseous and vomited and felt like I had the flu throughout the therapy. I was warned that I might get diarrhea but fortunately I didn't. I got a second endoscopy done and a biopsy to see if the medicine worked, and...it was unsuccessful.

April 6, 2010 2:15 AM

Review by JGJ67:

I am on my 5th day of the 14 day treatment and am beginning to feel better. I read the effects on this drug and was very apprehensive about taking it. However, I am pleased to report that my side-effects are minimal. They include slightly bad taste, slight nausea and constipation. I'll report back upon the conclusion of my treatment.

February 13, 2010 9:33 AM

Review by AuntDeb:

I'm on day 4 and the stomach pain has not subsided, being H-pylori positive. The drugs put a TERRIBLE taste in my mouth. Even during sleep, the bad taste wakes me up and makes me want to gag. I've been eating lemon drops and candy to help keep it washed back down.

December 14, 2009 11:15 AM

Review by maureen123:

It has always worked for me.

April 9, 2009 8:52 AM