User Reviews for Norvasc

Learn more about Norvasc.

Migraine Prevention 3 reviews 32 medications

Coronary Artery Disease 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Norvasc reviews 43 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Norvasc

Review by tmichelle:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: Going on three years of taking this medicine. Blood pressure is normal 118/66. Usually 118/70 sometimes 99/55.

January 25, 2014 11:25 PM
Review by TMichelle (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I'm 32 years old and at first Amlodopine made me feel depressed, dizzy and anxious. Now I am used to this medication. I have so much energy. Before this medication I was on the verge of a heart attack and stroke. My blood pressure is 110/70.

December 28, 2013 11:30 PM
Review by Sanricka: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: Keeps my blood pressure down. I have been taking it for 5 months, I now have muscle cramps, and have a problem sleeping. I am going to try a new medicine, I can't take the severe cramping in my body.

December 10, 2013 12:16 PM
Review by 11Gs: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: With the DASH diet and exercise my BP was still high and the doctor increased my daily 5mg of Norvasc to 10mg. It helps decrease my usual 170/104 to approx 150/70 but only for a few hours. I am fatigued, headaches and super cold feet and hands constantly. I also have muscle cramps. I feel as if I had a heart attack a few days ago but my doctor says its gastritis. The side effects are worse than hypertension itself! Maybe I need a new medicine and/or a new physician. Good health to you!

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 28, 2013 2:52 PM
Review by Sky24 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I am 27 years old and I had blood pressure of 150/100, around the high range for a few days at the very least but within 2 hours of taking Norvasc 5g my BP dropped to around 128/86. I have just taken this once in my life.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 11, 2013 3:22 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: Started on Norvasc about 1 wk ago and my bld pressure has gone from 180-200/100 to 120 /75, my heart rate has increased which is ok because I was on Bystolic for a short time and my heart rate dropped into the 40's.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 16, 2012 11:56 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for Migraine Prevention: I started taking Norvasc after trying many other meds. including Topamax which had too many bad side effects for me. So far since starting about a month ago; I have only had 1 headache and that was at the very beginning. No side effects. I was having headaches which was affected by weather pressure; about 1 a week. So nice not to have them and to feel good on this medication.

September 25, 2012 5:55 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: No side effects. Blood pressure fairly well controlled on 5 mg of this only.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 2, 2012 6:32 PM
Review by lleegle (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for Raynaud's Syndrome: At first I got fantastic results. I have severe Raynaud's and was basically house bound. It even presented in warm weather. At first the Norvasc totally removed the symptoms. They seem to have come back, however, and it is mid-summer. I also take Ritalin for narcolepsy and I fear that it may be causing some of the symptoms. I would recommend trying this medicine for Raynaud's. I take 5 mg per day.

July 10, 2012 1:17 PM
Review by JHBARCLAY (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: Within a few days of starting this medicine, I became very aware of my heart beat and my heart seemed to be racing. I attended a pre-operative assessment where I was given a routine ECG and this confirmed that I had become tachycardic while taking amlodipine. My pulse was racing at over 100 BPM and my blood pressure actually went UP while I was taking this medicine. I had to discontinue use to stop the adverse effects.

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 27, 2012 1:30 PM
Review by cghipp:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for Migraine Prevention: I was given Norvasc to replace Lisinopril after I started having constant coughing. I take it for hypertension, but I am a frequent migraine sufferer, especially due to changes in air pressure and to exercise. The first week on Norvasc, I had a migraine all day, every day. The following week, I took no migraine medication (Imitrex) or OTC meds at all - even though we had two days when I would normally have had weather-related issues, and I played tennis on another day. I did have swollen feet the first few days, but I increased my water intake and that seems to be the key for me. So far I'm very impressed with the results.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 19, 2012 3:22 PM
Review by Ers: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: No side efects as of yet (taken for 4 weeks so far) only taken while on high doses of steroids (80mg daily but deceasing 10mg every 3 days. Keeping my BP in my normal range of 110/60.

April 16, 2012 1:41 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I found it very effective to control high blood pressure.

April 16, 2012 4:58 AM
Review by Kikzy: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: Norvasc has lowered my blood pressure from 160/102 to about 110/80 on 10 mg. The side effects are debilitating for me. I have horrible chest pains and unable to do much without exhaustion. I have lost so much weight due to lack of appetite. Dr. does not want to take me off because I have difficulty finding anything that lowers my blood pressure. I am also on Atenolol.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 16, 2012 5:22 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: Norvasc worked fantastic for about a year then I started experiencing muscle twitching and cramps that got worse and worse. I have been trying to switch to another medicine and haven't had much luck. I pray I can find a medicine as good as Norvasc. I can tell you that numerous blood tests have been run and while this medicine MAY cause cramps, my blood sugar, cholesterol, liver panel, metabolic panel, CBC, creatinine, etc. are all perfect! I have a lot of faith to the fact that this medicine will not harm you other than possibly muscle cramps or fluid retention. I experienced no fluid retention BUT I exercise.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 1, 2012 12:29 AM

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I used Norvasc for years for blood pressure control, until I had sudden onset of swollen ankles/lower legs.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 20, 2012 3:41 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I was on Norvasc for 2 weeks. I felt dizzy, tired, cold, and got headaches every night. Switched medicines now, still trying to get it out of my system.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 23, 2012 10:57 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I have been taking this medicine now for 6 weeks and am experiencing tremendous flushing with it. So far it hasn't helped my blood pressure go down much. Doctor says give it a little while longer. One day I almost passed out, got light headed and felt like I was in another dimension! Doctor says he can't say for sure it was a side effect of this medicine. I will keep trying it for awhile longer.

December 2, 2011 8:17 PM
Review by patsygirl: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I have been on Narvasc 5mg for about 4 months. It doesn't control my blood pressure for the 24 hours and my pulse constantly stays elevated. I have swelling in my feet and ankles and I'm tired all the time. I get flushing sensations and ringing in my ears sometimes. Also feel dizzy at times and have dry mouth. All these medications are horrible. We have no choice but to suffer if we take them or not take them.

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 29, 2011 6:55 PM
Review by Dann k: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I have been taking Amlodipine (Norvasc) for about 2 months. Norvasc (Amlodipine Besylate 5 mg) did lower my blood pressure from 150's over 80's to 120's over 60's. That's great. Problem is with side effects every day. Intestinal cramps, diarrhea, gas. Begins about 5 hours after I take the pill. Stomach (intestines ?) roll constantly for about 3 hours. I am going to try splitting the pills in half and see if lower dosage stops the side effects. If not, I guess I'll go back to the doctor and try something else for blood pressure. It seems like all of these blood pressure pills have side effects of one kind or another.

November 8, 2011 12:28 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for Migraine Prevention: Norvasc was given to me to treat migraine headaches. I am 28 years old. I was having them as frequently as every other day. I dealt with this for five years before being prescribed Norvasc. After two months of taking a 5mg dosage, I can say I am a new person!

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 12, 2011 2:22 PM
Review by live&love: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I'm 25 years old and I'm taking 10mg of Norvasc and 25mg of hydrochlorothiazide and at the moment I'm not liking either of the medicines. Between stuffy nose, sore throat, increased thirst, dry mouth, severely dry skin, blurred vision, it makes me feel like its worse than having high blood pressure. My side effects are symptoms of an allergic reaction so maybe someone else might have better luck than me.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 17, 2011 12:09 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I had sexual side effects from Norvasc and it only moderately controlled my hypertension.

August 1, 2011 10:45 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: After taking Norvasc 10mg for 3 months I found my feet ankles and hands were swelling up, also gained weight even though I walk every day. My Doctor has put me on Avapro and I will monitor it for the next 3 months.

April 11, 2011 6:35 PM
Review by Ron 59: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I took Norvasc for approximately 7 years. It works fine lowering my blood pressure however it began to swell my gums and I was taken off it.

December 13, 2010 9:18 PM

Learn about treatments for high cholesterol? Watch video.