User Reviews for Norvasc

Learn more about Norvasc.

Migraine Prevention 3 reviews 32 medications

Raynaud's Syndrome 3 reviews 49 medications

High Blood Pressure 51 reviews 247 medications

Summary of Norvasc reviews 57 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Norvasc

For High Blood Pressure "I have been on Norvasc10mg 1x for about a year. Extreme fatigue and muscle weakness. I'm on metorololol as well 50 mg 2x"

bikerljd (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 25, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "I have BP problems. Having hard time finding a med to control it. Was given a beta blocker that caused a heart attack put me in hospital. Put me on Norvacs 5mg twice a day. Was on 1 and 1/2 weeks I had severe headaches. Tremors,blurred vision, stomach pains, burning in my legs, had red burning spots form on my lower abdomen then blisters. Off med and will never take Norvasc again. Now on Losartin and Clondine,doing fair with BP. & no side effects."

Saddiegirl December 6, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "Severe hair loss. pain in shoulders. sleep problems. depression."

steplite (taken for 10 years or more) October 31, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "I was hypertensive 140/90 and was put on Norvasc 5mg since 3years ago. My normal BP at GP is 130/80. At home it usually 120/70. Throughout these years, my mental health became very poor, short term memory loss - easily forget day-today task, my wife have to remind me, I felt very anxious person - depressed, anxiety, panic by thinking about my health. Urination during night. Wake up periodically during night, tremor while sleeping (sometimes), tingling feeling in my arms... many more... I didn't really have quality life past 3years. I went back to doctor and requested to change to different group. Today is 2nd day I stopped Norvasc.. I wish that I become normal person after this..."

rajlesta October 7, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "Worse drug ever!! Was depressed and more sick :("

33 female September 28, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "This medication is cheap which is why they recommend it so much since it saves the insurance companies a bundle. My BP didn't move at all. Side effects include left shoulder pain. Loss of hair, eyesight going bad due inflammation of the cornea, weakness, tiredness to the point of delusion. The doctor had be go from 5 to 10 mg and that made everything worse. Three days after stopping it my shoulder pain went away and so much energy returned. my mother was put on it from her doctor and had similar results. After she stopped taking it she no longer needs her walker. I'm 63 and she is 88 going on 29."

SuperQuack (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "I am a mid-fifty male post open heart (4 mths ago) and stents (3 weeks ago).I have been on Norvasc 5 mg for about 10 days now as the predecessor drug's side effect were horrible. It has been very effective at lowering my BP (117/75) the side effects are still concerning. Dizzy, tired, maybe some depression & anxiety, slight problem with deep breathing and week muscles. Although I can function normally the day-to-day functions are an effort so I push through. The mornings (when I take Norvasc) are not as good as the afternoon when I feel better. I believe the side effects are getting better but am unsure. What I want is to be normal again and active. They say it takes a few week for the body to adjust. I'll give it its due course."

Cabage43 (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "Novask like all meds have side affects works great on me..lowered my stubborn pressure from 238/110 down to 140/90 in 4weeks. Its very effective. I found that taking 5mg in the am and 5mg at night are more effective with less side effects No results on lopressor after a year on that stuff. .bad side effects."

christinex August 5, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "Doesn't work to lower blood pressure. I started this medicine 8 months ago and it hasn't done anything. My dr added Benzepril on top of this and my blood pressure is still the same. Switching to a beta blocker next time I go to his office. Gave it 2 stars because although it doesn't work, I haven't experienced other adverse effects which is a plus!"

bigjerm74 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "I hate Norvasc! It made my blood pressure worse. I was always borderline with my blood pressure. It didn't help that I work nights and my diet isn't the greatest. My doctor wanted to me try this medication for a month to see if my blood pressure would lower. Within a week my blood pressure which usually hovers at 140/80 with a pulse of 80 shot to a ridiculous 200/98 with a pulse of 98. My blood pressure will always spike around the evening. My anxiety worsened and I got headaches. This medication does not work for me and I am not going to be tricked into staying on it longer."

coldnose July 25, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "I have this scorching pain in my legs and this is the only new med?"

Mariar56 July 25, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "Norvasc caused extreme leg and ankle edema and did not improve hypertension much. After 6 weeks of use I was put on lisinopril and within 2 days had no more leg swelling and blood pressure lowered greatly. So far so good on new medication."

Mcna (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2015

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I've only been on Norvasc for a week and so far the only side effect is difficulty falling asleep and waking up periodically through the night. I know its the Norvasc since I work a very early shift and am generally exhausted by the time its ready for bed. If it continues I'll look into switching medications. However the first blood pressure medication I was on has a worse side effect. Uncontrollable coughing. I had to stop taking it after about a month."

PTBadman December 26, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Very bad acid reflux and anxiety."

pipper1956 November 6, 2014

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Going on three years of taking this medicine. Blood pressure is normal 118/66. Usually 118/70 sometimes 99/55."

tmichelle January 25, 2014

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I'm 32 years old and at first Amlodopine made me feel depressed, dizzy and anxious. Now I am used to this medication. I have so much energy. Before this medication I was on the verge of a heart attack and stroke. My blood pressure is 110/70."

TMichelle (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2013

176 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Keeps my blood pressure down. I have been taking it for 5 months, I now have muscle cramps, and have a problem sleeping. I am going to try a new medicine, I can't take the severe cramping in my body."

Sanricka December 10, 2013

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "With the DASH diet and exercise my BP was still high and the doctor increased my daily 5mg of Norvasc to 10mg. It helps decrease my usual 170/104 to approx 150/70 but only for a few hours. I am fatigued, headaches and super cold feet and hands constantly. I also have muscle cramps. I feel as if I had a heart attack a few days ago but my doctor says its gastritis. The side effects are worse than hypertension itself! Maybe I need a new medicine and/or a new physician. Good health to you!"

11Gs February 28, 2013

209 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I am 27 years old and I had blood pressure of 150/100, around the high range for a few days at the very least but within 2 hours of taking Norvasc 5g my BP dropped to around 128/86. I have just taken this once in my life."

Sky24 (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2013

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Started on Norvasc about 1 wk ago and my bld pressure has gone from 180-200/100 to 120 /75, my heart rate has increased which is ok because I was on Bystolic for a short time and my heart rate dropped into the 40's. "

Anonymous October 16, 2012

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention "I started taking Norvasc after trying many other meds. including Topamax which had too many bad side effects for me. So far since starting about a month ago; I have only had 1 headache and that was at the very beginning. No side effects. I was having headaches which was affected by weather pressure; about 1 a week. So nice not to have them and to feel good on this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2012

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "No side effects. Blood pressure fairly well controlled on 5 mg of this only."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 2, 2012

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Raynaud's Syndrome "At first I got fantastic results. I have severe Raynaud's and was basically house bound. It even presented in warm weather. At first the Norvasc totally removed the symptoms. They seem to have come back, however, and it is mid-summer. I also take Ritalin for narcolepsy and I fear that it may be causing some of the symptoms. I would recommend trying this medicine for Raynaud's. I take 5 mg per day."

lleegle (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2012

For High Blood Pressure "Within a few days of starting this medicine, I became very aware of my heart beat and my heart seemed to be racing. I attended a pre-operative assessment where I was given a routine ECG and this confirmed that I had become tachycardic while taking amlodipine. My pulse was racing at over 100 BPM and my blood pressure actually went UP while I was taking this medicine. I had to discontinue use to stop the adverse effects."

JHBARCLAY (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2012

178 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention "I was given Norvasc to replace Lisinopril after I started having constant coughing. I take it for hypertension, but I am a frequent migraine sufferer, especially due to changes in air pressure and to exercise. The first week on Norvasc, I had a migraine all day, every day. The following week, I took no migraine medication (Imitrex) or OTC meds at all - even though we had two days when I would normally have had weather-related issues, and I played tennis on another day. I did have swollen feet the first few days, but I increased my water intake and that seems to be the key for me. So far I'm very impressed with the results."

cghipp April 19, 2012

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next