User Reviews for Azor

8.8
Summary of Azor reviews 43 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Azor

Review by Stuartk1942:

For High Blood Pressure: Blood Pressure went from about 140 over 70 to 190 over 98 with Lisinopril. I was surprised that Lisinopril stopped working for me. Started taking Azor 5/40 about a month ago and my blood pressure is 118 to 125 over 60 to 67. I never had blood pressure as good as this.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2014 12:29 PM

Review by Tom U (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For High Blood Pressure: I consider Azor a miracle. My blood pressure was 143/90 before taking Azor 5/20. My blood pressure now holds steady at 105/72. This medicine will definitely increase my quality of life and decrease my risk of heart attack and stroke. I have had no side effects from Azor and have been taking it for the last 18 months.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2014 12:51 PM

Review by TRGshi:

For High Blood Pressure: I am a 65 year Male, been on high blood pressure meds for about 15 years. Two years ago my medication for HBP was not working as well my pressure was up to 185/95. My doctor gave me a 21 day free trial of Azor 10/40 mg, this dose was working great 117/73 no problems but by the middle of the 3rd week my face and most of my body was burning up like fever. MY doctor gave me clonidine to reduce the flushing but did not work, so I had to stop taking Azor. If you don't get any side effects, Azor is great.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2014 7:41 PM

Review by cp 1112 (taken for less than 1 month):

For High Blood Pressure: I've had high blood pressure for years, on Thursday my blood pressure was 206/102. Started this on Friday and the following Thursday got rechecked and it's was 132/88. I was in tears, my blood pressure hasn't been this low in years no more headaches, dizziness, blurry vision. I'm so thankful for Azor, it just might have saved my life.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 17, 2014 9:30 PM

Review by vintage62:

For High Blood Pressure: Does the job.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 28, 2013 10:24 AM

Review by Skinny wallet:

For High Blood Pressure: My only noticeable side effect from taking Azor is the cost and it seems to be getting more expensive. Which makes my blood pressure go up even more because it makes me angry. I like it because it works but if it goes up again I'm going to quit taking it

November 2, 2013 4:33 PM

Review by jwedward1178:

For High Blood Pressure: I have had elevated blood pressure for a number of years. I was on Avapro 300mg the past few years and it was working okay but I began to have episodes of 150/100 and sometimes higher with occasional headaches. It seems after a while my tolerance for any BP medication builds and they start to become less effective. My doctor recently gave me a trial of Azor 40/5 to get my numbers under better control and within a week I am running around a consistent 120/80 with no noticeable side-effects. I also have begun to notice better sleep and easier concentration at work as some others noted. I am hoping the success continues with medication!

March 27, 2013 11:42 AM

Review by turbomom:

For High Blood Pressure: I have been on Azor for 7 days. I also started 60mg of Cymbalta the same night, I have had severe headaches from the time I get up until the time I go to bed, also diarrhea some times 4 times a day. Azor did stop the pulsating heartbeat sounds I was having in my ears, I will see me Dr. in a few days to discuss what is happening and if I should continue this medication, I previously was on Cymbalta with no side effects so I don't believe my symptoms are from that medication.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2013 11:21 AM

Review by dlwendell (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For High Blood Pressure: This medicine works well to lower my blood pressure, maybe too well. I feel light headed at times and have a lack of energy.

May 8, 2012 10:33 AM

Review by RanaGrande:

For High Blood Pressure: I had moderate blood pressure. I have been on Azor for about a year. I take it at night to reduce the dizziness side effect.

October 10, 2011 10:08 PM

Review by Viva2:

For High Blood Pressure: I have been taking Azor for about 2 years. I am, now, beginning to experience severe side effects (especially, hives and itching). I am miserable. Occasionally, my tongue and fingers swell. I have reported it to my doctor. He has given me a prescription to counteract the itching and suggested that I take Benadryl. Benadryl makes me so sleepy and incoherent. However, this medication (Azor) is definitely working for my blood pressure; which was 180 over 100 . With the Azor it goes down tremendously. How can this decrease my blood pressure, yet makes me sick otherwise.

May 21, 2011 10:55 PM

Review by jthutmd:

For High Blood Pressure: I take this medicine for with elevated blood pressure. If you have swelling or itching or elevated liver tests quit taking it. Also not recommended for heart failure patients. But if like me you have uncomplicated high blood pressure it is fabulous. It is covered by all major insurance plans. I gave it a 10 even though I get some impotence with it. But it is excellent in keeping my pressure down within 30 minutes after taking it. My blood pressure is 160/106 so I am on the lower dose of 5/20. Good luck on this medicine.

March 27, 2011 9:22 PM

Review by Trishrock:

For High Blood Pressure: Have been taking 10-40 dosage for a little over 6 months. Agree with everyone that it seemed like a miracle medicine the first couple of days %u2013 %u201Cfinally something that worked on my blood pressure%u201D. Then started having dizziness, severe flushes, and night sweats (not hot-flashes which was already over with), muscle pain (started taking increase in calcium, potassium and magnesium and then read in side-effects for Azor that taking potassium with Azor may cause damage to the heart. Also noticed hair loss, which has worsened as time went on, and now noticing patches of hair loss, again, %u201CHm-mm....Would I rather have hair loss or low blood pressure?%u201D It is a toss-up, especially since I have tried at least 20 other medications with no success. Going to see my doctor tomorrow, hopefully there is a remedy for me and good luck to the rest of you.

January 2, 2011 1:46 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I recently had to stop taking Azor (5/20) due to severe itching (feet, legs, hands, scalp, back, and around my lips). Azor did work well with keeping my blood pressure under control. I was taken off of Lisinopril for the same reasons (10mg). I just started taking Bystolic (10 mg) today and hope that this will work without any really uncomfortable or painful side effects.

December 28, 2010 2:28 PM

Review by starsmile:

For High Blood Pressure: Was on Benicar HCT for years with only moderate results and bad gout side-effects. Doctor insisted on continuing the Benicar HCT and subscribed Allopurinol for the gout and a powerful pain killer for the attacks. Changed Doctors and she changed me to Azor with wonderful results. Blood pressure is now consistently in the 105-115/65-75 range, I'm sleeping better, love my new Doctor and best of all...no gout !

October 24, 2010 11:44 AM

Review by mateo:

For High Blood Pressure: For me, it works for 5-6 hours just like any other.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 28, 2010 2:32 PM

Review by Azor works!:

For High Blood Pressure: This is my first week on Azor and not only is my blood pressure in the 117/80 range, I slept peacefully through the night and experienced wonderfully pleasant dreams for the first time in nearly five years! So Azor is obviously having a positive effect on my sleep apnea as well. Was a bit dizzy the first morning of the first pill but have been fine since. I'm grateful for the changes.

May 1, 2010 12:18 AM

Review by Ksniper:

For High Blood Pressure: After years of High Blood Pressure and a series of medicines my awesome doctor prescribed Azor along with a diuretic and my blood pressure was 145/110 and now the average is 120/77. A great medicine and I would tell everyone it is a great medicine. Thanks Dr. G.

April 19, 2010 12:07 PM

Review by pl347:

For High Blood Pressure: First off thank you all! After several prescriptions with sever side effects I found this site and tried Azor. I noticed a clarity and sense of well being. Normally from the first pill of other prescriptions I was sick... Azor works, blood pressure is down side effects minimum... Give it a shot! Also know that I found these drugs on my own, evaluating drug reviews here and at other sites, my doctor was looking up a category of drugs in his D.S.M # booklet and writing prescriptions.

April 14, 2010 10:02 AM

For High Blood Pressure: 3 days of using Azor and had swelling of my lower lip. I was taken off Lisinopril for the same reason.

March 6, 2010 10:17 AM

Review by leibel2957:

For High Blood Pressure: Excellent medicine for me with no side effects. Have been on 5/20 dosage once daily along with 25mg of hydrochlorothiazide and my blood pressure is the lowest it's been in 40 years. My average reading about 118/72. Previously had readings of 160-170/90-100

February 15, 2010 9:09 PM

Review by JZ:

For High Blood Pressure: 49 years old. Have had high blood pressure for a while now with readings like 175/102-170/100-160-/98 and when I would get stressed even higher than that. At night and at rest sitting in a chair it would come down to almost normal 145/85-150/88 but soon as I was active again it would go high . Never could get it to straighten out. Been taking Azor for a week now and out of 15 readings I have done my average is this 129/75. A lot of times sitting watching T.V it will be like 119/66-121/70 really great readings then when I get active I would check it and it would be like this 132/75-134/77 have had hardly any readings over 80 at all and the top number has not been over 140 since I have been taking Azor. All in all no side effects. Great stuff.

February 12, 2010 12:18 AM

Review by BARHOU:

For High Blood Pressure: I am 61 years old, diagnosed high blood pressure when 18 years old. I was 6'1" when 18 and weighed 175, 29" pant size with 44 coat size. Have taken drugs for over 40 years trying to keep blood pressure in the 150 over 100 range. (Vasotec, Lotril, and others). Started Azor (lowest dose available), 2 years ago and have never had a reading over 120/80! No side effects for me and I feel great.

February 8, 2010 3:59 PM

Review by LafayetteTrini:

For High Blood Pressure: Doctor recommended Azor after finding blood pressure was 180/120, brought it down to 120/80 in a couple of days. Took a few days to get accustomed to effects but feel 100% back to normal now.

November 15, 2009 12:43 AM

Review by JohnPent:

For High Blood Pressure: I went through several BP meds. Some made me sleep all day and others just did not work. I have two young boys, and I knew I needed something that really worked. After a year or so of the wrong medicines, my doctor put me on Azor. Like everyone here my improvement was so sudden and so good. I was immediately back on the top of my game in work and home life. Like I said, I have two boys - under 6! I cannot afford to make an early exit from this world. Azor is helping massively. Now I need to do my part and lose 50 pounds! Good luck to all. Ask your doctor about this one.

October 31, 2009 12:26 AM