User Reviews for Elavil

Learn more about Elavil.

Reviews for Elavil to treat Vulvodynia

Review by BRAGS:

Use of Elavil has not lessened the pain associated with vulvodynia (or nerve ending pain), but it seems I can tolerate it more. But I notice that my throat gets very dry and my voice is hoarse. Also I have been diagnosed with dry eye, and I do feel that is caused by the Elavil (along with dry mouth and throat).

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2013 10:49 AM

Amitriptyline made a huge difference to my daily life in terms of pain relief from Vulvodynia, but it has many side effects. I stuck to a low level 25mg and had to wiegh up benefits vs side-effects. Changed to Nortriptyline and had the same benefits but less side-effects. Now take 30mg of Nortriptyline.

January 23, 2011 7:36 AM

Elavil really worked for the vulvadynia discomfort. Unfortunately, it also made me super anxious and shaky, and I just couldn't tolerate it.

January 4, 2011 12:43 PM

Awesome pain inhibitor for this condition but I had too many side effects like heart palpitations and hair loss.

December 9, 2010 2:59 AM