User Reviews for Elavil

Learn more about Elavil.

Reviews for Elavil to treat Vulvodynia

"Use of Elavil has not lessened the pain associated with vulvodynia (or nerve ending pain), but it seems I can tolerate it more. But I notice that my throat gets very dry and my voice is hoarse. Also I have been diagnosed with dry eye, and I do feel that is caused by the Elavil (along with dry mouth and throat)."

BRAGS May 11, 2013

"Amitriptyline made a huge difference to my daily life in terms of pain relief from Vulvodynia, but it has many side effects. I stuck to a low level 25mg and had to wiegh up benefits vs side-effects. Changed to Nortriptyline and had the same benefits but less side-effects. Now take 30mg of Nortriptyline."

Anonymous January 23, 2011

"Elavil really worked for the vulvadynia discomfort. Unfortunately, it also made me super anxious and shaky, and I just couldn't tolerate it."

Anonymous January 4, 2011

"Awesome pain inhibitor for this condition but I had too many side effects like heart palpitations and hair loss."

Anonymous December 9, 2010

"Big help for vulvodynia."

mxo180 October 9, 2010