User Reviews for Drysol

8.9
Summary of Drysol reviews 97 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Drysol

Review by Shortyfivefoottall:

For Hyperhidrosis: I've suffered from excessive sweat under my arms for years! I read tons of good reviews on Drysol, and bought it. The first night I used it, the next day I was dry as the desert! The next day was a little damp. Things went downhill from there. Not working at all now.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 12:19 AM

Review by manderoo:

For Hyperhidrosis: I have to say that Drysol is a life saver. All of a sudden about 4 years ago I started sweating to the point where it was embarrassing to go out in public for fear that people would see pit stains. I went to my dermatologist and he recommended this product I started using it maybe a week ago and within the first two uses I was sweat free! When I go to work out, I will be dripping wet everywhere but underarms are completely dry! Drysol is a life saver. I highly recommend.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2014 8:21 PM

Review by Relieved - S FL (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Hyperhidrosis: Magical. I've had hyperhydrosis of the underarms since I was a teen and this is literally the only product that has ever worked. Dry as a bone and so happy to wear bright colors.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by Ben343:

For Hyperhidrosis: I have excessive underarm sweating and I thought I would give Drysol a go which is an over the counter medicine here in Canada. I was hoping that it would work and I could wear clothes instead of putting on jackets in the summer. On my first application I dried my armpits and slowly applied it around my armpit and only noticed a little tingling sensation at first. During the night it itched a little bit but nothing too bad, the next day I noticed I was still sweating so I thought it would work the next day. On the 3rd night I applied it my armpit started to burn really badly, it burned to the point where I couldn't sleep all night and I was still sweating like before.

June 4, 2014 1:24 AM

Review by jmls93:

For Hyperhidrosis: I never had a problem with excessive underarm sweating until my second year of college. Then, overnight, my sweat glands went into overdrive. My dermatologist prescribed me Drysol and while it worked a little at first, I found it worked MUCH better once I started applying it with a Swisper cotton pad (as opposed to the toiled paper I had been using). Once I used the cotton pad, my underarms became red and irritated (It kept me awake at night) but the sweating stopped. Now my underarms are completely fine. I apply a little each night to be on the safe side, but I simply don't sweat. I can wear whatever I want without thinking about sweating through the material. For me, Drysol has been a Godsend.

May 4, 2014 2:35 AM

Review by WetDawg:

For Hyperhidrosis: Amazing! Heavy underarm sweating. MD prescribed in 1987. I used it for three years. It worked on the very first application. I have not used the product in 24 years, and I do not sweat from my underarms. I think Drysol permanently disengaged the sweat glands. I'm not exaggerating. I can walk into a steam room wearing a T-shirt, sit in there for 20 minutes, walk out dripping wet, with dry pits! If I could only find a way to abate my craniofacial HH, which is both gustatory and idiopathic.

April 16, 2014 11:21 AM

Review by Jennifer0987 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hyperhidrosis: This is my first time EVER writing a review but I was so happy with this product I felt like I just had to give my positive feedback. I have had problems with sweating for years. I couldn't understand how people could wear T-shirts and be able to raise their arms with ease. I have spent the last ten years wearing clothes that I know won't show signs of sweat. It's been terrible. I finally decided to go online and search and stumbled across Drysol. I read a few reviews and after trying every product on the market I was praying this one would work out and it did. I am so excited about this and my whole new wardorbe I can wear. Thank you so so so much. I wish I could kiss the people who created this product!

April 15, 2014 1:18 AM

Review by John20366:

For Hyperhidrosis: In 1988 I went to my doctor for something unrelated to my excessive sweating. When we were finished, he asked if there was anything else. That's when I mentioned my extreme underarm sweating and how I ruined shirts and jackets. He directed me to Drysol, which does not require a prescription in Ontario. I have been using it for over 25 years and confirm that it does the job. I have never had even a bit of wetness. I put it on about every two weeks. A small bottle costs about $22 and lasts at least 2 years. Yes, it does burn and itch at times due to the aluminum chloride, but it's a small price to pay. Make sure you wash the treated area next morning with soap and water. A little talcum or baby powder afterwards takes away any clammy feeling.

January 10, 2014 8:29 AM

Review by C RICH (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hyperhidrosis: In first year university I started sweating so much under my arms that I would have to change my undershirt 5 times a day and only wear dark colours so I wouldn't show my sweat stains. I tried every deodarant and anti-perspirant I could find and nothing worked. I went to the doctor and he recommended Drysol (no prescription needed). I used it for the first night and covered my underarms with lots of it. It was itchy and my skin was irritated in the morning with a red rash but I did not sweat again! The small amount of pain from the rash was worth it. I only have to re-apply once every couple of years! Amazing.

December 3, 2013 2:52 PM

Review by MCG825:

For Hyperhidrosis: I've been using Drysol for close to 6 years now. Prior, I used to sweat just sitting at my chair and it made me extremely self conscious. I tried every deodorant/ anti-perspiration in the market and nothing helped. Finally I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed this. The first few times I used it it was extremely itchy and red but I would tough it out. I learned from experience NOT to shave before applying and to make sure I wear a T-shirt to bed otherwise the rubbing together may cause irritation. Over the years my sweating had seriously reduced, I went from having to put Drysol on every couples of days, to weeks, now I put it on MAYBE 3 times a year. Love it.

November 13, 2013 11:24 PM

Review by LiviaW (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hyperhidrosis: Well I've had excessive sweating for years. I had gone to my doctor and was prescribed Drysol and within twenty minutes of applying it my skin broke into an extremely painful, bumpy rash. I followed all the instructions, no shaving before putting it on, just a thin layer not to rub it in etc. I'm sure the product works, I just have extremely sensitive skin so I'll just need to continue looking for a product or medical procedure that works.

November 7, 2013 10:23 PM

Review by Kh27:

For Hyperhidrosis: I've been using drysol for my underarm sweating. I never had problem with underarm sweating but it is a second effect of a medication so I wanted to give it drysol a shot after trying every single deorodant over the counter. It does and sometimes better than others. I tried putting overnight but then when I shower in the morning if I dont put it again I will sweat a couple times during the day. But putting on after shower helps even that sometimes I sweat on one side or both. I've burned a few times that I cannot even move my arms. I wish it comes with an applicator but at least the one I find doesnt have any. I put antiallergic cream on the sides around the armpit and that works sometimes to not getting burned... sometimes ;).

October 20, 2013 1:56 AM

Review by leabeaaaaa:

For Hyperhidrosis: I read so many good reviews on Drysol so I decided to try it! The first night I used it, it had a burning sensation but I could handle it. The next day I was so happy with the results. I had no sweat at all. The second time I used it, it itched like crazy and I was up all night trying to tolerate it, but still no sweat. The third time I used it my armpits burnt and there was red bumps! I immediately washed it off but the pain didn't go away. Maybe it was just my skin having a reaction to it but I do not think this is for me!

September 27, 2013 10:42 PM

Review by It's Eric (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hyperhidrosis: I'm so happy with Drysol. About a year ago, I used to sweat constantly under my armpits no matter what I did. My problem would only become worse when I would go out in public. I'd be so afraid to lift my arms, lest I show off my sweat, that I would only sweat more. I developed anxiety of going out even around friends. My confidence plunged. I've only been using Drysol for a short amount of time, but I can already see huge improvements. My confidence is beginning to return, but I still catch myself feeling under my arms to see if there is any dampness. Nevertheless, I'm still dry. 10/10 would recommend.

September 25, 2013 2:16 PM

Review by i l♥ve drysol (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hyperhidrosis: I was going to use this for a couple of days until I left a review. But I cant wait! I just got the dab-on yesterday and I used it right away. I couldn't wait. I feel you get what you pay for. I have used everything even went to a organic store. Since yesterday I have worn T-shirts! Bye bye tank tops in winter. It does burn. But I like it, to me I know it's working. I will never need to hide my sweat stains again. Thanks so much Drysol %u2665

September 15, 2013 3:17 PM

Review by Jack_2013 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Hyperhidrosis: If you don't want it to itch DO NOT overlap the Drysol liquid! Make a path to cover your armpit like the old snake game on your cellphone and I haven't had my armpits itch in over a year. I had sweaty armpits all through high school and I was very self conscious that people were seeing it every time I moved my arms so I would usually wear a sweatshirt. I started college and I didn't want this to run my life. I went to the doctors and the doctor told me I had Hyperhidrosis and prescribed Drysol for me. Its been AMAZING. I put it on every 3 days and I haven't sweated in my armpits since! I use normal deodorant without antiperspirant and it works perfectly!

September 3, 2013 5:00 PM

Review by Paris Couture (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hyperhidrosis: This is the best solution to underarm sweating. I did experience one problem, a little burning under my left arm. After I washed the Drysol off of my left arm and applied some irritation ointment and then the Drysol everything was great. I have been dry all day today and I have only used Drysol for 1 night. I'm so loving this. I can't wait to go to Miami I can wear any shirt or blouse I want. I'm so hyped I give this medication a 2 thumbs up.

August 16, 2013 4:43 PM

Review by Belle793:

For Hyperhidrosis: I have had this issue for several years. I am 20. I would get dressed and have to change before I left the house because I would be soaked through in a few minutes. My clothes were stained. I couldn't wear light color clothes and always wore a sweater or jacket to hide the wetness. I tried every clinical strength over the counter product on the market to no avail. I finally asked my doctor and she wrote me a prescription for Drysol. It worked after the first application. I couldn't believe I suffered all that time. My insurance covers it, but it is cheaper than my copay. It literally changed my life. I now wear cotton blouses with confidence. No side effects. Just don't use it after shaving.

August 16, 2013 10:59 AM

Review by Happy Camper (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hyperhidrosis: I've been forced to wear tank tops, dark tops, or multiple layers to mask the underarm wet spots for years now. I'm only on my 2nd night of using Drysol and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it, for a few hours in the morning my underarms are sensitive & slightly tender but it goes away. THANK YOU for this life changing & confidence boosting product!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2013 9:31 AM

Review by \0_0/:

For Hyperhidrosis: I have dealt with excessive sweating ever since I was around 10 years old. Being that this problem started right as puberty did made it very hard and extremely embarrassing for me to handle. I spent hundreds of dollars on antiperspirants, natural treatments, OTC options, etc. I am now 19 and finally gave into going to my doctor to seek help. She prescribed Drysol for me and from day one of using it I have been sweat free. I can finally wear colors again and get rid of my worn out black shirts. The only problem I had was on my second night of using the product. I must have used too much and in the morning my skin was a little sore and red, but this went away with a little pain relieving cream and was gone within a few hours.

May 21, 2013 11:03 PM

Review by Khu:

For Hyperhidrosis: I have always had excessive sweating and body odour because of that and always been looking for medication for this. Tried so many Deodorants include Mitchum and they did not seem to work at all. I put this on for 2 nights continously and I was surprised at the results! It really works! Although it may seem a little expensive but it's worth the price.

May 20, 2013 9:47 PM

Review by Kidsmom6:

For Hyperhidrosis: I had a sympathectomy on my right side in 2001 and ever since I have had excessive sweating on my left side. It got so bad I was literally folding paper towels and tucking them under my arm to soak it up. My shirts were always wet on the left side. After just a couple of nights using Drysol I don't have wet shirts & no need for paper towels. It does burn & itch little when I first apply it & I get a kind of bruised feeling in my under arm but nothing major or that I couldn't deal with. Huge improvement!

May 15, 2013 10:12 PM

Review by mia (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hyperhidrosis: I just tried this product last night and it's like a miracle, no sweat the next day not even a single spot. I've almost tried all antiperspirants on the shelf but I always get disappointed. But with Drysol I just can't believe it!

May 3, 2013 10:05 PM

Review by Elaine (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Hyperhidrosis: I find it only works really well the day after you apply it. After that, you go back to sweating as normal. It cuts down the sweat a little but not completely. I've been using it for about a year and keep continuing to use it because it's the only product out there that works even a little bit. It's not great but it's decent.

May 2, 2013 2:34 PM

Review by Awesome medication (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hyperhidrosis: The doctor gave me prescription strength Drysol. It hasn't burned or irritated my skin at all. It works amazing. I sweat between my legs where it looks like I wet my pants. I put it in the folds and it has worked wonders. Hope this helps others with this embarrassing problem.

April 21, 2013 9:00 PM

Page 1 2 3 4 Next

More about Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate topical)

Professional resources