User Reviews for Drysol

Learn more about Drysol.

Drysol Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 8 medications used in the treatment of Hyperhidrosis.

Reviews for Drysol to treat Hyperhidrosis

"This stuff really does work. My right underarm would sweat almost instantly and would leave the biggest stain. Since using drysol, that has stopped. The only downside is how badly it burns. It burns and itches so badly when you first apply it, but the results are so good that the temporary burn is almost worth it."

Sam C. February 8, 2016

"I've have trouble with under arm sweat for years which has made me extremely self conscious and ruined many shirts. A friend suggested Drysol after having great results, so I asked my doctor if I could give it a try. My underarm sweat diminished probably 80% after the first use and seems nonexistent now after two applications. I use a very small amount, dry my underarms with the no heat setting of my blow dryer, and go to bed. It does itch for about 20 minutes, but I'll take that side effect any day over sweating. Thankfully I haven't had any issues with my arms burning. If you're looking for relief from underarm sweat, I definitely recommend this medication. So far, it has been a life changer."

Anonymous119133 February 6, 2016

"Doctor recommended this. No prescrip needed in Canada. Excessive sweating in armpits. Used 3 evenings at bedtime. Itchy during application, but not insane. I Immedediately quit sweating. Lasted about 3 months before needing to reapply. Use once every 3 weeks and keeps sweat away. I love it."

Steve B C (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 19, 2016

"Drysol works great! By me being a teen I usually don't apply every night but it still works effectively! I've been on and off the medication because the burning sensation is very uncomfortable. Other than the burning sensation the product works great! I barely sweat at all."

Zenikka January 4, 2016

"I actually just started using this product and in using it right now and my armpits burn so bad I could cry. They're also itching like crazy! But, I really don't wanna be a sweat bucket at school ! So ?"

12344Littlebit January 4, 2016

"Drysol has been a life saver for me! I was always afraid to ask my doctor about my sweating, but after I did and she prescribed me this, I've not been sweating like before. This has been going on for about 15 years and I am just now getting relief. It started working after my first application, but I still use it maybe once every week or 2 weeks. I can now wear colored shirts instead of only black/white/see through shirts that don't show sweat stains. I highly recommend this product to anyone suffering with any kind of sweating."

Bton December 28, 2015

"PLEASE READ: Are you afraid of shaking people's hands? Do pencils slip from your grip? Have sweaty hands during the dead of Winter? Afraid of handling loose change? Do you WANT a change? LOOK NO FURTHER THAN DRYSOL! I've had all the above problems and MORE for so many years; I've been embarrassed and socially anxious because of hyperhydrosis. Finally I went to the pharmacy and the pharmacist recommend Drysol. I had never heard of it before, but what more could I lose? My actual hands? I tried it every night for 4 days now, and it keeps getting better and better. We went to Church today (Christmas) and during the peace offering my hands were completely DRY! I owe my life to this product. God bless them. I recommend it to everyone!!!!!!!!"

Claudiaaaaaaaaaa99 December 25, 2015

"I have been struggling with excessive underarm sweat since I hit puberty. I had tried literally everything and nothing even slightly helped. One day I was at the drug store and spotted drysol, I was a bit reluctant by the price but my desperation decided to give it a shot. Just after a few nights of using the product I saw results. Using drysol has literally been the best decision of my life, I am no longer anxious and embarrassed about my underarms and can wear anything I'd like!!! Although it did make it hard to sleep at night due to the itchiness and slight burning but I say it's totally worth it, and eventually I got used to it and it wasn't so bad. Definitely recommend!!!"

DesperateSweatyGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2015

"This works great! it absolutely gives the desired effects. NO MORE SWEATING. you can apply it to other areas as well if you so chose. Really does work. Post two hour gym session, rinse off in the shower. No deodorant applied. Still no sweating. But, it does have a burning effect which can be quite uncomfortable. But, a little bit of some burn cream of any sort id imagine, and that goes away. It's best Applied at night and then rinsed off in the morning. You will love it."

aledrell (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2015

"I used to wear a sweater every day over my shirts and the sweat stains would still show through. 4 years later I finally went to my doctor and was told to try drysol. I used it a couple of times a week and saw immediate improvement. After finishing one bottle of it, I never had to buy it again because it had completely solved my problem. It has been 2 years since I first used drysol and I have been dry ever since. If you want a permanent solution, I would strongly recommend this life changing product."

anon121 November 19, 2015

"I was skeptical, but after 2 nights of using this I'm almost 100% dry!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2015

"This product works, but it may take some practice to apply it most effectively. I've had painful burns from using it too often, or during the day (it may be the movement that exacerbates the burning?). Buy a jar of cheap baby bum zinc cream Apply the zinc in a circle around the part of the armpit where the hair grows, leaving the center clean and clear Carefully dab Drysol only on the center area, preferably before bedtime, and put on a t shirt that is black or grey; zinc cream stains. I do this several times a week. I've tried just dabbing the center of my armpit without the zinc, but the burn still occurs AROUND that center spot (but not inside it), even though I around apply Drysol there. The cream also works to soothe/heal burns."

PMommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2015

"I sweat excessively and I thought drysol was my only option left and when I used it first I didn't sweat at all but then I had an allergic reaction to it and needed to stop immediately. Now I'm a bag of sweat. Great."

Nessa Kings November 5, 2015

"So in high school over ten years ago I started to sweat really bad under my arms. It was super embarrassing to go through high school with this issue. After trying over the counter products and home remedies I gave up. So my Dr at the time recommended Drysol. I used it for just a few weeks and it worked so good. But then after a few months I noticed my armpits darkening. So I stopped using it. Now about 15 yrs later I've tried so many things to lighten my armpits and nothing works. This stuff did 100% cure my sweaty armpits and I can now freely wear shirts without the sweat marks. But it burned me so bad that I have dark scars for life and still can't walk around freely with tank tops. I guess you can't win them all."

KryssLee (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2015

"Great product! I have excessive sweating and it really worked for me ...."

kmelaniee October 29, 2015

"I have been using Drysol for 15 years. I have figured out the perfect process for using the product. If you aren't careful you can apply Drysol in such a way that it will cause extreme burning sensations and rashes. Here's how to apply it properly: Men, carefully shave the center portion of your armpits to expose the bare skin. If you look closely you'll be able to see the sweat gland areas of your armpits. Apply the product only to this area and not to the surrounding skin. Do this right before bed and sleep all night long with it on your armpits - should keep you dry for 3 to 4 weeks. Do this multiple nights in a row for a longer affect. My dad totally cured his hyperhydrosis by doing this every Night for two weeks."

Life changer October 13, 2015

"My doctor prescribed me Drysol because my armpits smelled like, as my friend described it, bum stink. My doctor said that I might have a fungus infection and to try Drysol for one week. Excited that this medicine could work, I put a lot of Drysol on my armpits. Four hours later, my armpits were burning like they were on fire and beat red. I took a washcloth with soap and water wiping it off but only made it more red and burn more. So I stood in the shower and just let the water rinse off as much as possible. Then I lightly applied soap and water in the shower. Then powder and ice packs. It helped it calm down."

Drysol red burning armpits (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2015

"This product has been a life changer!!! I would be so embarrassed to wear anything other than black or white shirts. The amount of sweat I would have under my arms was crazy. I remember going to my cousin's wedding and was wearing a tan suit and you can see the sweat stains on the outside of my suit. I tried everything to padded under arm t-shirts, sweat block, certain Dri and nothing worked until this. I can't believe that after years of dealing with this problem I am now completely dry. The ultimate test for me was my week long vacation this past May in Puerto Rico, I only wore tank tops everyday and not one drop of sweat under my armpits!!! This product has changed my life!! Please give it a try b/c it really works."

Anonymous September 19, 2015

"Amazing!! I never knew a product could work for me besides the alternative option of maybe looking into botox shots....i started using drysol and immediately 2 days of using my perspiration stopped...unfortunately because i got nervous of not having to use deodorant i overused and broke out so please only use this product once a day"

rigs September 19, 2015

"Ive had hyperhidrosis for over 5 years now, on my hands feet and underarms. It was honestly so frustrating not being able to wear light tshirts and growing completely petrified when someone offered to shake my hand. I couldnt even hold my boyfriends hand! It was miserable. But drysol is magic and has changed my life. For me it isnt necessary to apply every night, or my skin burns pretty bad and gets a rash. So usually I will apply it 2 or 3 times a week and i literally do not sweat one drop on my underarms. I completely recommend drysol."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2015

"I have had underarm sweating issues since I hit puberty (sweating a lot only in public or social situations). For years, I've worn black shirts or looser cotton tops to conceal the sweating. I've successfully been able to manage, but I got tired of it. I told my doctor, and she prescribed me with this. I've used this for three nights and have noticed that my underarms are completely dry, but a tad wet when exercising. At night, I apply this with a cotton pad - the applicator sucks. I haven't had any negative side effects - no pricking or tingling feelings, I've had no issues sleeping. For someone who has silently suffered, this is a life-changing product that makes me more confident to be myself. To those with the same issue, there IS hope!"

appleandoranges (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2015

"You won't believe this, but I decided to use Drysol on my face and head which is where I sweat the most. My son was getting married outside in August in New York and I knew I'd look awful being so sweaty. So I put Drysol on my forehead, above my lip, and in my hair. And not a drop of sweat! However...as I was about to walk down the aisle I felt water running down the back of my knees and in the small of my back. I guess the sweat has to go somewhere! Love it!"

Safti August 30, 2015

"To be honest this is the best thing that's ever happened to me, drysol is the bomb. I had used hypercare before drysol which worked just as good but was discontinued right after I finished my first bottle and supposedly cannot be bought anywhere anymore. I was back to my armpits gushing sweat within a few days and thought all hope was lost, until I found out about drysol. It has completely stopped my underarms from sweating and I am very happy. I hope drysol sticks around forever. If you have a problem with profuse sweating under your arms get drysol and your problem is solved."

T-sweatAlot August 26, 2015

"This works. Simple as that. One use and it works wonders. The only problem I've had was having bad irritation. Itching, burning, and quite painful tbh. It works tho if you can get through the pain."

Skybabbbby August 24, 2015

"If you're debating on whether to get drysol or not, DEFINITELY GET IT. When I read the reviews I was said "oh it can't be that good." I was so beyond impressed. I apply it now 1-2 times a week and now I can wear whatever top I want. I even went running in 90 degree whether in a black shirt and my underarms were still completely dry. I am so happy that I tried this. The only downside is the burning once you apply it but it only lasts for about 20 minutes. It's so worth it!"

NG_13 August 20, 2015