Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Drysol

Learn more about Drysol.

Drysol review summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 8 medications used in the treatment of Hyperhidrosis.

Reviews for Drysol to treat Hyperhidrosis

Review by Joshssssss:

Had severe sweating in my armpits beginning when I started to go through puberty, my parents and doctor both told me that as I got older, this problem would go away. It didn't, and as a result I started using Drysol. I know you probably have seen these two words a lot on this website but the product really is 'life changing'. Great product.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2015 9:46 PM

Review by Abbon (taken for 2 to 5 years):

This product works for hyperhidrosis. If you have sweaty hands, this will work. I been using it for about two years now and thank God it still works. But lately, for some reason, its causing irritation between my fingers, but doesn't matter. I will endure it, as long as it stops my hands from sweating.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2015 3:36 PM

Review by MLYTexas (taken for 10 years or more):

I've been using Drysol for about 15 years and it has changed my life. I went from always having to wear black and/or jackets all the time to having absolutely no more sweating! I followed the directions to a tee, but after a year, I started to cut back on my use. Now, I only apply once a month and it works great. Tip....Make sure you don't shave your armpits for at least a couple of days before applying and that will alleviate any tingling or burning.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2015 8:20 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

My hyperhidrosis had been quite severe for several years now, and has caused me a huge amount of inconvenience and anxiety. Drysol has changed my life. I can wear whatever I want, and I no longer have to shy away from hugs and touches for fear of suffering intense humiliation. The first time I got through the day with no wetness, I cried on the way home from work, I was so happy. It does itch quite badly at night, but if your condition is anywhere near as emotionally damaging as mine is, it's worth the discomfort. And don't worry if it doesn't work completely the first few uses; it took about a week for it to really kick in for me. I seriously recommend Drysol to anyone who is sick of this condition ruling their life.

January 17, 2015 1:46 PM

Review by Seize Aliyo (taken for less than 1 month):

I've always had clammy hands but about six months ago I had an unrelated surgical procedure, and once I recuperated I realized I was sweating a lot more than I used to from my hands feet and armpits. I went back to work and I was so embarrassed to wear regular button-down shirts because of the pit stains. I saw my dermatologist who recommended Drysol. It burns like hell but I can tell you right now that it is working for my pits I haven't applied it to my hands yet I will be trying that tonight.

January 3, 2015 9:31 PM

Review by Jdtrun:

I have experienced excessive underarm sweating since my teens and have been so annoyed and embarrassed. Why didn't I check into this sooner?? This product is amazing! I agree with other reviewers about the burning/tingling sensation. When I first started using it about a month ago, I followed the directions and used it for three consecutive nights. It burned, I won't lie. It kept me from getting a full night's sleep. BUT, the results were worth it! After just one application, it worked! The next day there was NO wetness. I now apply it just once a week, and it is still effective for me. Plus, the burning sensation has never occurred again. I do find it necessary to apply deodorant (not antiperspirant) in the morning.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2014 8:53 PM

Review by Morgieboo (taken for less than 1 month):

I've been using this for close to a month. At first I started out with using it everyday, and increasingly gained confidence(I've experienced hyperhydrosis for about 5 years, while in my teens, and was afraid to wear anything but black. Period.). After about two weeks, I started applying it once every two days, now I'm down to once every three days. I'm so excited that I found something that works. It does make my underarms itch sometimes, but it isn't painful, just annoying. I'm hoping that by the time I move to Arizona in June, I'll only need to apply this every month or so. But this works wonders!!!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 2, 2014 1:25 PM

Review by Eurka (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been suffering with hyperhidrosis ever since I was in grade 8. I could never wear any other color but black and wearing big sweaters would even be a issue. I tried all the shelf clinical brands but nothing seemed to work. It went on all these years and when I started college studying vet medicine and had to wear light blue scrubs I knew this would be a issue and something had to be done! My doctor recommended this to me and I can honestly say I have never been happier! It says on the bottle to apply daily but i find one application works for a few days! Totally recommend this!!

November 19, 2014 8:19 AM

Review by SawaA:

Around the age of 12 I started noticing how much I was sweating and it wasn't normal. I was sweating the most under my arms, hands, and feet. It was so bad I'd be embarrassed to Shake someone's hand, wear sandals, and colored shirts. I'd feel sweat drip under my arms and my hands would leave sweat marks on my desk/papers. I told my dermatologist and he recommended Drysol. I've been using it for 4 days and I can genuinely tell you it's helped about 75%. I'm really pleased because my sweating was way worse than most people with hyperhidrosis and nothing else was helping me (certain dry, Hypercare). However, some nights when I apply it, my underarms are burning and itching but I try to not touch it & just go to sleep. I strongly recommend it

November 11, 2014 11:59 PM

Review by Elysees:

It's really nice being able to take off my jacket without having huge sweat spots for everyone to see.

October 30, 2014 6:40 AM

Review by LateNightRant (taken for less than 1 month):

I started out like the person probably reading these reviews, your trying to be optimistic about this product. I started wearing all black, my confidence was gone. And this continued on through High School. I'd go play pool at a friends house or play Basketball at his house and I'd wear sweaters or hoodies to hide the stains. I went through every antiperspirant known, I even tried shaving my pits. Then just last week I tried Drysol for the first time. That night I put it on, I instantly regained confidence. Only the next day, it didn't seem to work. First day of grade 11. Sure I was nervous. So I gave it a go again, and from there on out, I've been dry. So give this product some time to work. I give you my word, this product will work.

September 7, 2014 3:15 AM

Review by hot red:

You rarely hear about hyperhidrosis being anywhere but in the arm pits so it took me a long time to discover Drysol as I have suffered with excessive facial, neck, scalp, upper chest and armpit sweating for almost 20 years and its becoming worse the older I get. Drysol is a lifesaver as my sweating has gotten so bad I don't want to leave the house most days. I have only been using it for 4 days but I have almost stopped sweating altogether. It does sting a little when applied but applying it with a tissue has helped reduce the stinging as you use less.

September 5, 2014 6:05 PM

Review by Shortyfivefoottall:

I've suffered from excessive sweat under my arms for years! I read tons of good reviews on Drysol, and bought it. The first night I used it, the next day I was dry as the desert! The next day was a little damp. Things went downhill from there. Not working at all now.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 12:19 AM

Review by manderoo:

I have to say that Drysol is a life saver. All of a sudden about 4 years ago I started sweating to the point where it was embarrassing to go out in public for fear that people would see pit stains. I went to my dermatologist and he recommended this product I started using it maybe a week ago and within the first two uses I was sweat free! When I go to work out, I will be dripping wet everywhere but underarms are completely dry! Drysol is a life saver. I highly recommend.

June 9, 2014 8:21 PM

Review by Relieved - S FL (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Magical. I've had hyperhydrosis of the underarms since I was a teen and this is literally the only product that has ever worked. Dry as a bone and so happy to wear bright colors.

June 7, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by Ben343:

I have excessive underarm sweating and I thought I would give Drysol a go which is an over the counter medicine here in Canada. I was hoping that it would work and I could wear clothes instead of putting on jackets in the summer. On my first application I dried my armpits and slowly applied it around my armpit and only noticed a little tingling sensation at first. During the night it itched a little bit but nothing too bad, the next day I noticed I was still sweating so I thought it would work the next day. On the 3rd night I applied it my armpit started to burn really badly, it burned to the point where I couldn't sleep all night and I was still sweating like before.

June 4, 2014 1:24 AM

Review by jmls93:

I never had a problem with excessive underarm sweating until my second year of college. Then, overnight, my sweat glands went into overdrive. My dermatologist prescribed me Drysol and while it worked a little at first, I found it worked MUCH better once I started applying it with a Swisper cotton pad (as opposed to the toiled paper I had been using). Once I used the cotton pad, my underarms became red and irritated (It kept me awake at night) but the sweating stopped. Now my underarms are completely fine. I apply a little each night to be on the safe side, but I simply don't sweat. I can wear whatever I want without thinking about sweating through the material. For me, Drysol has been a Godsend.

May 4, 2014 2:35 AM

Review by WetDawg:

Amazing! Heavy underarm sweating. MD prescribed in 1987. I used it for three years. It worked on the very first application. I have not used the product in 24 years, and I do not sweat from my underarms. I think Drysol permanently disengaged the sweat glands. I'm not exaggerating. I can walk into a steam room wearing a T-shirt, sit in there for 20 minutes, walk out dripping wet, with dry pits! If I could only find a way to abate my craniofacial HH, which is both gustatory and idiopathic.

April 16, 2014 11:21 AM

Review by Jennifer0987 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This is my first time EVER writing a review but I was so happy with this product I felt like I just had to give my positive feedback. I have had problems with sweating for years. I couldn't understand how people could wear T-shirts and be able to raise their arms with ease. I have spent the last ten years wearing clothes that I know won't show signs of sweat. It's been terrible. I finally decided to go online and search and stumbled across Drysol. I read a few reviews and after trying every product on the market I was praying this one would work out and it did. I am so excited about this and my whole new wardorbe I can wear. Thank you so so so much. I wish I could kiss the people who created this product!

April 15, 2014 1:18 AM

Review by John20366:

In 1988 I went to my doctor for something unrelated to my excessive sweating. When we were finished, he asked if there was anything else. That's when I mentioned my extreme underarm sweating and how I ruined shirts and jackets. He directed me to Drysol, which does not require a prescription in Ontario. I have been using it for over 25 years and confirm that it does the job. I have never had even a bit of wetness. I put it on about every two weeks. A small bottle costs about $22 and lasts at least 2 years. Yes, it does burn and itch at times due to the aluminum chloride, but it's a small price to pay. Make sure you wash the treated area next morning with soap and water. A little talcum or baby powder afterwards takes away any clammy feeling.

January 10, 2014 8:29 AM

Review by C RICH (taken for less than 1 month):

In first year university I started sweating so much under my arms that I would have to change my undershirt 5 times a day and only wear dark colours so I wouldn't show my sweat stains. I tried every deodarant and anti-perspirant I could find and nothing worked. I went to the doctor and he recommended Drysol (no prescription needed). I used it for the first night and covered my underarms with lots of it. It was itchy and my skin was irritated in the morning with a red rash but I did not sweat again! The small amount of pain from the rash was worth it. I only have to re-apply once every couple of years! Amazing.

December 3, 2013 2:52 PM

Review by MCG825:

I've been using Drysol for close to 6 years now. Prior, I used to sweat just sitting at my chair and it made me extremely self conscious. I tried every deodorant/ anti-perspiration in the market and nothing helped. Finally I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed this. The first few times I used it it was extremely itchy and red but I would tough it out. I learned from experience NOT to shave before applying and to make sure I wear a T-shirt to bed otherwise the rubbing together may cause irritation. Over the years my sweating had seriously reduced, I went from having to put Drysol on every couples of days, to weeks, now I put it on MAYBE 3 times a year. Love it.

November 13, 2013 11:24 PM

Review by LiviaW (taken for less than 1 month):

Well I've had excessive sweating for years. I had gone to my doctor and was prescribed Drysol and within twenty minutes of applying it my skin broke into an extremely painful, bumpy rash. I followed all the instructions, no shaving before putting it on, just a thin layer not to rub it in etc. I'm sure the product works, I just have extremely sensitive skin so I'll just need to continue looking for a product or medical procedure that works.

November 7, 2013 10:23 PM

Review by Kh27:

I've been using drysol for my underarm sweating. I never had problem with underarm sweating but it is a second effect of a medication so I wanted to give it drysol a shot after trying every single deorodant over the counter. It does and sometimes better than others. I tried putting overnight but then when I shower in the morning if I dont put it again I will sweat a couple times during the day. But putting on after shower helps even that sometimes I sweat on one side or both. I've burned a few times that I cannot even move my arms. I wish it comes with an applicator but at least the one I find doesnt have any. I put antiallergic cream on the sides around the armpit and that works sometimes to not getting burned... sometimes ;).

October 20, 2013 1:56 AM

Review by leabeaaaaa:

I read so many good reviews on Drysol so I decided to try it! The first night I used it, it had a burning sensation but I could handle it. The next day I was so happy with the results. I had no sweat at all. The second time I used it, it itched like crazy and I was up all night trying to tolerate it, but still no sweat. The third time I used it my armpits burnt and there was red bumps! I immediately washed it off but the pain didn't go away. Maybe it was just my skin having a reaction to it but I do not think this is for me!

September 27, 2013 10:42 PM