User Reviews for Xanax

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 396 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by Kpin It Real:

For Depression: Xanax is so great for me because I self-injure. It gives me the rational stance in my head when I feel like cutting myself. It doesn't allow me the energy to get so angry at myself. You just have to remember to actually take it when you feel your attack coming on and have patience for it to kick in. This is the best benzodiazepine because it works the fastest. Ativan is good sometimes. I saw trails but Xanax being the fastest but Klonopin lasts the longest.

November 25, 2011 11:19 PM

Review by Widespread Panic:

For Anxiety: Xanax saved me from the brink. I suffer from panic disorder and anxiety and Xanax has been the only thing that works. The only thing: respect it. Don't drink alcohol on it or you will become highly intoxicated, and possibly get sleep apnea. Respect this drug and it will serve you well.

November 23, 2011 12:15 PM

For Anxiety: I was prescribed Xanax by my psychiatrist because of severe anxiety. I was started on 1 mg to be taken at night. It has been the best medication prescribed for my condition as it also helped slow down the suicidal thoughts which were on a daily basis. I am still taking Xanax under GP supervision, as it helps relieve the level of anxiety tremendously. It is the best medication ever made for people who are born prone to anxiety throughout their childhood/adolescence and extreme shyness, yes shyness. I also take it in conjunction with antidepressant, Aropax, which helped with my depression but also with my unfortunate disability of extreme shyness which was a constant problem for me as an adult basically all my life.

November 21, 2011 1:47 AM

Review by Taj Burrow:

For Panic Disorder: I have had panic disorder for 16 years. I have found that I cause my panic attacks by the way I am thinking (negatively). It took a long time to come to this conclusion. I was prescribed Xanax initially, along with therapy. The therapy has been the most helpful (talking, journaling, etc.).

November 16, 2011 10:03 AM

Review by drugspatgz:

For Anxiety: Absolutely the best medication for anxiety. I have taken this medicine on and off for over twenty years and it has literally saved my life. I too wish that people would stop abusing this medicine and that doctors would not fear prescribing it when necessary. It's been prescribed to me with antidepressants of different kinds and allowed me to live a normal life for the most part.

November 12, 2011 4:12 PM

Review by Betsywv:

For Anxiety: I've had anxiety issues my entire life. I honestly thought I was weird because I could not handle all the stress from my job and personal life. I don't have children, so again, I thought I had some severe mental issues! I tried Klonopin, WSellbutrin and Lexapro. All made me feel and act like a zombie. I am on Xanax 1mg 3x a day. Doing great, changed jobs now making more money without as much stress, happily married, and about to start law school. All good for now.

November 5, 2011 10:08 AM

For Panic Disorder: I have been taking Xanax for 4 years. This pill has done wonders for me. It really did give me control of my life back. I was prescribed 1 mg. I was afraid to take it at first because of all the stories I have heard about addiction. Well, when I first tried it, it was an immediate success and I knew I found the key to living the rest of my life normally. My doctor didn't just throw this at me. This was our last option. It was the best one. I do get dizzy sometimes. I also experienced weight gain. That was mainly because as I started to live normally again I stopped working out and other methods that I used to help combat panic. That was mainly a healthier life style that I assumed would naturally help me think clear.

November 1, 2011 8:18 PM

Review by Kelly Fairman:

For Anxiety: Changed my life completely, I can actually function in social settings.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 28, 2011 5:44 PM

For Anxiety: I have had depression since I was a teenager. I have tried pretty much anything you could think of. Nothing has helped me like Xanax. The problem is that doctors don't like to prescribe this medicine. I feel so lost without it and I would only take it when I really needed it. Only 2 or 3 times a week.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2011 6:50 PM

For Anxiety: I feel like Xanax saved me. I had a very rough childhood with my father addicted to drugs, lost our house, had to raise my sisters because my mom had to get a full time job. I was going down a very bumpy road. I finally settled down with my now soon to be husband, and with the persuasion of him and my father (now sober, and also has anxiety) At age 18 I finally broke down and decided to go talk to a doctor. He prescribed me to multiple anti-depressants that made everything worse. He then put me on Xanax, I've never been so stress free. I have held down the same job, I'm doing well in school and again, and maintained a healthy relationship. I'm a changed person at 21 years old.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2011 4:52 PM

Review by Norwegian Guy:

For Depression: I've had big problems with both depression and anxiety, and I've tried most of the benzodiazepines that are available (Diazepam, Clonazepam, Flunitrazepam, Nitrazepam, Oxazepam, and so on), and also a couple of different antidepressants. SSRI's and Mirtazapine(brand name "Remeron"). And after trying all of these different medications, I didn't think I EVER could get rid of the depression and anxiety and live a normal life (which in turn made me even more depressed), but then in comes Xanax! And it didn't take long before I was almost entirely free from both the depression and the anxiety, which had had such a strong grip on my life for such a long time and almost ruined my life! I really feel like I owe my life to the wonderful Alprazolam!

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2011 5:05 AM

For Anxiety: Xanax is a miracle and cures my anxiety while I use it. I highly recommend it!

October 17, 2011 7:26 AM

For Anxiety: I have very severe generalized anxiety which sometimes manifests as the inability to leave my home (or sometimes, my room). I have other psychological issues as well and Xanax can reduce a manic or psychotic episode into almost nothing. I have been thinking of asking for extended release tablets. When I feel a serious panic attack coming on it is awesome to have something that stops the attack, and doesn't leave me too 'dopey' feeling to go back to work or whatever I was doing. Thanks Xanax.

October 16, 2011 2:40 AM

For Anxiety: I suffer from anxiety and was prescribed Cymbalta and Xanax. While they both worked, I didn't like the way Cymbalta made me feel and I had some of the more alarming side-effects, so I've switched over to just taking Xanax as needed and going to a psychotherapist, and I feel much much more in control of my anxiety. I only take 0.25mg as needed (when I feel my anxiety building) and find it to be perfect, I can calm myself down more quickly and still focus and work productively.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2011 1:33 PM

For Anxiety: Xanax is something that I was afraid to take, given the fact that people with anxiety and panic attacks are usually scared of what the medicine is going to do. I finally gave in and started taking my Xanax on a day when I needed to go to the Doctor which terrifies me. I took the lowest dose, 0.25 mg and I am so thankful that I did. No panic whatsoever at the Doctors office. I so look forward to knowing that I will have something to take to help me get through panic situations that I have been avoiding for years.

October 12, 2011 4:23 PM

For Anxiety: I have been taking Xanax for 2 years. As soon as they put me on it I was like whoa! This is like a whole new world. I am bipolar, personalty disorder, mentally disabled and have anxiety. This medicine has helped me. I have started out on 1mg at night, then 2 months later a 2mg ER Xanax then they add a 2 mg bar at night and ever since things have been nice and all my moods have been at bay and anxiety has been down. Things are good.

October 10, 2011 6:11 PM

Review by Coch:

For Anxiety: I've never taken Xanax before up until now. I've tried Effexor, Viibryd, Wellbutrin, etc. but none of those worked at all and I could not handle the side effects. Xanax has given me my life back. My panic attacks have finally reduced, but more importantly I can continue to function in my normal everyday life. Most other medicines have me sitting on the couch in the evenings doing absolutely nothing as nothing seemed to matter. With Xanax, I can effectively handle my overwhelming daily task list!

October 9, 2011 9:38 PM

Review by slosippa:

For Anxiety: This medication has been a God send for my chronic battle with anxiety and depression. A much safer alternative and also a much less expensive medicine than most barbituates, Xanax works very well on me and several of my fellow patients who suffer from anxiety.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2011 12:49 PM

For Tinnitus: This worked great for me until my Doctor retired and the new Doctor taking over patients wont prescribe it. Now ringing in ears is back in full force.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 4, 2011 5:33 PM

Review by smileys(::

For Anxiety: Amazing medicine

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2011 2:16 PM

For Anxiety: I have suffered from anxiety for years and tried to combat it without medicines. I finally gave in and went to the doctor and was given Xanax. This medicine has tremendously helped my anxiety. I take 0.50 mg as needed (about once a week). It begins working within 10 minutes and doesn't wear-off until 4-5 hours later, which is perfect for me. It can make me a little drowsy, but not to the point where I feel like I'm going to fall asleep while I'm in public. I have never been addicted to this medicine, as I've been very careful to ONLY take it when I really need it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2011 1:30 PM

For Panic Disorder: This medication has literally changed my life. I was house bound prior to taking Xanax for panic. 99% of my symptoms have disappeared in the last 6 months and again, it's a new life. I feel normal again.

September 12, 2011 8:33 PM

Review by Kristen90:

For Panic Disorder: I have suffered from a very severe anxiety and panic disorder all of my life. I was given Xanax about a year ago because the medications I was taking were not working. I started taking the Xanax which did take care of the panic attacks for the most part. But what I did not realize is that though I was taking the dosage that the doctor had prescribed to me I was blacking out and getting very violent or I would be asleep my eyes would open I would punch my boyfriend in the face and try to choke him then go back to sleep like nothing even happened. The morning after these events he would wake up on the couch and tell me what I had done. I did not remember doing any of this. It was terrifying.

September 8, 2011 5:49 PM

Review by Ctf:

For Depression: Have panic attacks approximately twice per year emerging with breathing problems. Result was depression with sleep hours falling from normal 8 hours to 2~3 hours. I fight depression with citalopram hydrobromide (Exenadil 20mg). Xanax helps me sleep whenever I feel I will miss my sleep. My schedule : Take depression medicine every two months for 6 months period. Take Xanax ONLY at night before sleep WHENEVER I feel I will miss my sleep. Fight my ugly morning wake ups by my own doing the most favorable things of the day in the morning.

September 6, 2011 4:25 PM

I could not get on a plane, in elevators, rooms without windows, or even a automated car wash. Thank goodness for this medication and the doctors that helped me find some peace in my life and now I just got back from seeing my sister 2000 miles away (went there by plane- I did advise my flight attendant i was on this medication and to wake me if I fell asleep).

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate