User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 47 reviews 75 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 418 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "Since developing Pneumonia back in September I have been experiencing very bad panic attacks (never had them before the pneumonia). I didnt know what panic attacks even were so I spent countless days in the hospital really feeling like I was dying. I believe the panic attacks is masking another condition that the doctors have yet to find, which also means the Xanax is just masking something not treating it at all. But I have to live with taking them because nothing else helps."

FeliciaFaulkner18018 February 2, 2012

For Anxiety "It kicks in fast when you get that real bad feeling but I'm tired of taking pills everyday and it happenes everyday a few times a day, bad body aches breathing chest pains. I don't even worry about anything and boom it creeps up on me fast. "

king ghostridr January 22, 2012

For Panic Disorder "Have had panic attacks off and on for 37 yrs. and this is the BEST of all the benzo family for relief!! IT WORKS !!!"

Daveguess January 13, 2012

For Anxiety "Xanax has been a life saver. I have always had problems feeling a little anxious. But once I was diagnosed as having a brain tumor at 26, it only made things worse. My doctor prescribed Lexapro, which worked okay, but I didn't like the way it made me feel, so I stopped taking them on my own. One particular night about 3 weeks ago, I got so upset that I thought I was having a heart attack. I was dizzy, chest hurting and pounding, weakness. Nobody could find anything medically wrong with me. I asked the doctor for something for anxiety to which he prescribed Xanax 0.25mg every 6 hours and within the 30 minutes of taking it, all my symptoms had diminished. Xanax really saved my life."

Anonymous January 6, 2012

For Panic Disorder "I have had a lot of bad things happen in my life, and sometimes I wondered why. I felt like I didn't want to live in this world full of evil, hate and violence. Xanax has helped me for over 18 years to calm me and let me understand that no matter what happens, I will be ok. "

Anonymous January 3, 2012

For Anxiety "I suffer from panic attacks that occur after I go to sleep. I wake up about an hour or so after I fall asleep (I don't have trouble falling asleep) freaking out. My heart is racing, I am terrified and I feel like I will go crazy before it stops. They are so scary because no matter how many times I have suffered through them, I am always sure I am dying when I have one. Previously I was given other medications like Buspar or Paxil, but I didn't tolerate them very well and they did not stop the attacks - only slowed them down. Once I was prescribed Xanax I noticed that the medication would actually stop a panic attack in its tracks, which was a miracle. The medication has almost completely stopped the attacks - but not 100 %."

lskerr67 January 3, 2012

For Anxiety "Xanax is a miracle. Just recently prescribed Xanax and Lexapro at age 33 for generalized anxiety disorder and I can honestly say that I am back to my old self. I have only had 2 panic attacks in the last 6 months. I can sleep all night without waking up, I am much more laid back, I am calm and not worrying all the time. I would definitely talk to your MD about both of these medicines if you truly have an Anxiety disorder. Both have been a life saver for me and my family."

Tyoung485 December 31, 2011

For Panic Disorder "I have had horrible panic attacks out of nowhere since I was in elementary school. I got on Xanax when I was 13 years old, and still take it today. It has been a God send and I have tried cognitive-behavioral therapy, counseling, SSRIs, other benzodiazepines, etc. and this has been the medication that has helped the most! I have gotten my anxiety under control and only take it as needed."

Anonymous December 30, 2011

For Panic Disorder "This medicine has saved my life ten-times-over, given me a quality of life on par with others and above all else allowed me to succeed. I have had panic disorder since childhood and wasn't prescribed Xanax until age 23. Now I can do anything I want, panic and anxiety free. The sky is the limit really. This is medicine can save lives, the perfect freedom gift."

Anonymous December 28, 2011

For Anxiety "I have taken Xanax for 24 years and it has been a life-saver for me! When my psychiatrist prescribed it for me, 24 years ago, I was just about at the end of my rope. I was crying all the time, was hyperventilating, had bouts of my heart fluttering and many other typical "anxiety-related" symptoms. I was at the point that I was afraid I was dying or going crazy. Over the years, my dosage has been adjusted to work with my life at the time, but I have always taken it exactly as prescribed and have never wanted or needed more than was prescribed. As a matter of fact, I am currently taking 0.5 mg two times per day, but can take as much as 1 mg five times per day."

Anonymous December 27, 2011

For Anxiety "Works great for short notices. If you find yourself in a anxiety situation or short notice to do some public speaking then Xanax is great for those situations. When I take them I only take half the pill and that dose is fine for me. It kicks in about 20-30 minutes and lasts a good couple of hours at the most. Its similar to Klonopin but works faster. I recommend it for as needed use only. If its an all day thing then Klonopin is better. Just my experience with it. Others may vary."

Average guy December 27, 2011

For Anxiety "This works great for me too, with little to no side effects. But the doctors say it is addictive. I HAVEN'T NOTICED. Been on it for over a year I take as needed. I think I need a higher dose but they want to get me off of it, the one thing that works for me, are they crazy. I do just fine on this why change it."

innoncent December 16, 2011

For Depression "I'm 37 yrs old I have been dealing with severe depression all my life. I have tried every antidepressant medicine under the sun, some were mildly effective but the side effects were worse than the depression. I went to a new doctor and he asked if I have ever tried Xanax. I said no I thought that was used for anxiety. He prescribed me 1.5 mg a day I started noticing a difference the first day. This stuff is amazing been on it for 2 months finally some relief. Its unfortunate its abused so much and so hard to get a doctor to prescribe it. I haven't had any side effects, I have such a positive outlook on everything now. It has completely changed my life for the better. All the symptoms that come along with depression I had are gone."

Anonymous December 14, 2011

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "As soon as I started taking Xanax I started to feel much better. I have had anxiety and panic attacks for years and Xanax has really helped me. I have had zero side effect from taking it. So far going well."

Anonymous December 13, 2011

For Anxiety "I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder, so Xanax has served as my "safety net" in times of distress. When taken as prescribed, those of us who need it simply feel like life is bearable again. Those nagging irrational thought patterns and worries are silenced. However, Xanax is not a medicine to be taken lightly (hence the bad reputation it's received). It's short half-life causes cravings to re-dose (vs Klonopin, which never gives me those feelings). Use in moderation, and make an effort to see a cognitive-behavioral therapist if you haven't done so."

ArIck December 11, 2011

For Panic Disorder "This treatment completely stopped my panic attacks which I thought could never be controlled. Just take 1 when you get up to guarantee a peaceful day. I tried all the antidepressants, from Depakote to lithium they all had some weird side effect. "

Babygirl01 December 11, 2011

For Anxiety "I was in a car accident a few years ago. After that I had a panic attack when I would have to ride in a car. My doctor prescribed me 1 mg whenever I had to ride and it helped great. Now my doctor relocated and no other doctors will prescribe it. It causes problems between me and my wife."

john0527 December 9, 2011

For Anxiety "Xanax is wonderful for anxiety and panic attacks. I can thank this medication for making me a normal person. For being able to walk anywhere where there are people and feel absolutely no anxiety whatsoever. It's given me my life back. "

Trento December 8, 2011

For Anxiety "I have lived with anxiety for five years and it has been a living nightmare. I struggle with trying to relax and calm after a long days' work. I am a mother, full-time employee and a recent college graduate (full-time, too). I have lived so long being stretched and now that I don't need to stretch that far, I have issues with trying to relax and take it easy. I am on Celexa and had to add Xanax to my regimen a year ago after having my first panic attack. I take 0.25mg as needed and sometimes before bed to help me sleep. Xanax has helped me calm my nerves and relax. Usually within the first half hour, I feel like I can chill out. It takes away the physical effects (shakiness and fast heart beat) and cools the mind and thought process."

Rest assured! December 5, 2011

For Anxiety "They work so good for me. I don't know what I would do without it. "

Tiff81 December 4, 2011

For Depression "Good "

Yogi shah December 2, 2011

For Anxiety "I have been taking Xanax off and on for about 3 years now. It is great for anxiety. I spent thousands of dollars going to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack before it was brought to my attention that it was actually anxiety. I take 0.5mg as needed now. I noticed that when I stopped taking it that I could not sleep for days and I became shaky at times, and the anxiety returns immediately. The other thing that I notice is that after a while you become immune to the dosage. If you only take it with the onset of an anxiety or panic attack it shouldn't be a problem."

Anonymous December 1, 2011

For Depression "Xanax is so great for me because I self-injure. It gives me the rational stance in my head when I feel like cutting myself. It doesn't allow me the energy to get so angry at myself. You just have to remember to actually take it when you feel your attack coming on and have patience for it to kick in. This is the best benzodiazepine because it works the fastest. Ativan is good sometimes. I saw trails but Xanax being the fastest but Klonopin lasts the longest."

Kpin It Real November 25, 2011

For Anxiety "Xanax saved me from the brink. I suffer from panic disorder and anxiety and Xanax has been the only thing that works. The only thing: respect it. Don't drink alcohol on it or you will become highly intoxicated, and possibly get sleep apnea. Respect this drug and it will serve you well. "

Widespread Panic November 23, 2011

For Anxiety "I was prescribed Xanax by my psychiatrist because of severe anxiety. I was started on 1 mg to be taken at night. It has been the best medication prescribed for my condition as it also helped slow down the suicidal thoughts which were on a daily basis. I am still taking Xanax under GP supervision, as it helps relieve the level of anxiety tremendously. It is the best medication ever made for people who are born prone to anxiety throughout their childhood/adolescence and extreme shyness, yes shyness. I also take it in conjunction with antidepressant, Aropax, which helped with my depression but also with my unfortunate disability of extreme shyness which was a constant problem for me as an adult basically all my life."

Anonymous November 21, 2011