Medication Guide App

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 408 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by Average guy:

For Anxiety: Works great for short notices. If you find yourself in a anxiety situation or short notice to do some public speaking then Xanax is great for those situations. When I take them I only take half the pill and that dose is fine for me. It kicks in about 20-30 minutes and lasts a good couple of hours at the most. Its similar to Klonopin but works faster. I recommend it for as needed use only. If its an all day thing then Klonopin is better. Just my experience with it. Others may vary.

December 27, 2011 11:17 AM

Review by innoncent:

For Anxiety: This works great for me too, with little to no side effects. But the doctors say it is addictive. I HAVEN'T NOTICED. Been on it for over a year I take as needed. I think I need a higher dose but they want to get me off of it, the one thing that works for me, are they crazy. I do just fine on this why change it.

December 16, 2011 1:28 PM

For Depression: I'm 37 yrs old I have been dealing with severe depression all my life. I have tried every antidepressant medicine under the sun, some were mildly effective but the side effects were worse than the depression. I went to a new doctor and he asked if I have ever tried Xanax. I said no I thought that was used for anxiety. He prescribed me 1.5 mg a day I started noticing a difference the first day. This stuff is amazing been on it for 2 months finally some relief. Its unfortunate its abused so much and so hard to get a doctor to prescribe it. I haven't had any side effects, I have such a positive outlook on everything now. It has completely changed my life for the better. All the symptoms that come along with depression I had are gone.

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2011 3:28 PM

For Anxiety: As soon as I started taking Xanax I started to feel much better. I have had anxiety and panic attacks for years and Xanax has really helped me. I have had zero side effect from taking it. So far going well.

December 13, 2011 1:17 AM

Review by ArIck:

For Anxiety: I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder, so Xanax has served as my "safety net" in times of distress. When taken as prescribed, those of us who need it simply feel like life is bearable again. Those nagging irrational thought patterns and worries are silenced. However, Xanax is not a medicine to be taken lightly (hence the bad reputation it's received). It's short half-life causes cravings to re-dose (vs Klonopin, which never gives me those feelings). Use in moderation, and make an effort to see a cognitive-behavioral therapist if you haven't done so.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 11, 2011 4:31 PM

Review by Babygirl01:

For Panic Disorder: This treatment completely stopped my panic attacks which I thought could never be controlled. Just take 1 when you get up to guarantee a peaceful day. I tried all the antidepressants, from Depakote to lithium they all had some weird side effect.

December 11, 2011 3:39 PM

Review by john0527:

For Anxiety: I was in a car accident a few years ago. After that I had a panic attack when I would have to ride in a car. My doctor prescribed me 1 mg whenever I had to ride and it helped great. Now my doctor relocated and no other doctors will prescribe it. It causes problems between me and my wife.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2011 8:36 PM

Review by Trento:

For Anxiety: Xanax is wonderful for anxiety and panic attacks. I can thank this medication for making me a normal person. For being able to walk anywhere where there are people and feel absolutely no anxiety whatsoever. It's given me my life back.

December 8, 2011 11:34 PM

Review by Rest assured!:

For Anxiety: I have lived with anxiety for five years and it has been a living nightmare. I struggle with trying to relax and calm after a long days' work. I am a mother, full-time employee and a recent college graduate (full-time, too). I have lived so long being stretched and now that I don't need to stretch that far, I have issues with trying to relax and take it easy. I am on Celexa and had to add Xanax to my regimen a year ago after having my first panic attack. I take 0.25mg as needed and sometimes before bed to help me sleep. Xanax has helped me calm my nerves and relax. Usually within the first half hour, I feel like I can chill out. It takes away the physical effects (shakiness and fast heart beat) and cools the mind and thought process.

December 5, 2011 9:19 PM

Review by Tiff81:

For Anxiety: They work so good for me. I don't know what I would do without it.

December 4, 2011 2:13 PM

Review by Yogi shah:

For Depression: Good

December 2, 2011 9:08 AM

For Anxiety: I have been taking Xanax off and on for about 3 years now. It is great for anxiety. I spent thousands of dollars going to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack before it was brought to my attention that it was actually anxiety. I take 0.5mg as needed now. I noticed that when I stopped taking it that I could not sleep for days and I became shaky at times, and the anxiety returns immediately. The other thing that I notice is that after a while you become immune to the dosage. If you only take it with the onset of an anxiety or panic attack it shouldn't be a problem.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2011 6:47 PM

Review by Kpin It Real:

For Depression: Xanax is so great for me because I self-injure. It gives me the rational stance in my head when I feel like cutting myself. It doesn't allow me the energy to get so angry at myself. You just have to remember to actually take it when you feel your attack coming on and have patience for it to kick in. This is the best benzodiazepine because it works the fastest. Ativan is good sometimes. I saw trails but Xanax being the fastest but Klonopin lasts the longest.

November 25, 2011 11:19 PM

Review by Widespread Panic:

For Anxiety: Xanax saved me from the brink. I suffer from panic disorder and anxiety and Xanax has been the only thing that works. The only thing: respect it. Don't drink alcohol on it or you will become highly intoxicated, and possibly get sleep apnea. Respect this drug and it will serve you well.

November 23, 2011 12:15 PM

For Anxiety: I was prescribed Xanax by my psychiatrist because of severe anxiety. I was started on 1 mg to be taken at night. It has been the best medication prescribed for my condition as it also helped slow down the suicidal thoughts which were on a daily basis. I am still taking Xanax under GP supervision, as it helps relieve the level of anxiety tremendously. It is the best medication ever made for people who are born prone to anxiety throughout their childhood/adolescence and extreme shyness, yes shyness. I also take it in conjunction with antidepressant, Aropax, which helped with my depression but also with my unfortunate disability of extreme shyness which was a constant problem for me as an adult basically all my life.

November 21, 2011 1:47 AM

Review by Taj Burrow:

For Panic Disorder: I have had panic disorder for 16 years. I have found that I cause my panic attacks by the way I am thinking (negatively). It took a long time to come to this conclusion. I was prescribed Xanax initially, along with therapy. The therapy has been the most helpful (talking, journaling, etc.).

November 16, 2011 10:03 AM

Review by drugspatgz:

For Anxiety: Absolutely the best medication for anxiety. I have taken this medicine on and off for over twenty years and it has literally saved my life. I too wish that people would stop abusing this medicine and that doctors would not fear prescribing it when necessary. It's been prescribed to me with antidepressants of different kinds and allowed me to live a normal life for the most part.

November 12, 2011 4:12 PM

Review by Betsywv:

For Anxiety: I've had anxiety issues my entire life. I honestly thought I was weird because I could not handle all the stress from my job and personal life. I don't have children, so again, I thought I had some severe mental issues! I tried Klonopin, WSellbutrin and Lexapro. All made me feel and act like a zombie. I am on Xanax 1mg 3x a day. Doing great, changed jobs now making more money without as much stress, happily married, and about to start law school. All good for now.

November 5, 2011 10:08 AM

For Panic Disorder: I have been taking Xanax for 4 years. This pill has done wonders for me. It really did give me control of my life back. I was prescribed 1 mg. I was afraid to take it at first because of all the stories I have heard about addiction. Well, when I first tried it, it was an immediate success and I knew I found the key to living the rest of my life normally. My doctor didn't just throw this at me. This was our last option. It was the best one. I do get dizzy sometimes. I also experienced weight gain. That was mainly because as I started to live normally again I stopped working out and other methods that I used to help combat panic. That was mainly a healthier life style that I assumed would naturally help me think clear.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 1, 2011 8:18 PM

Review by Kelly Fairman:

For Anxiety: Changed my life completely, I can actually function in social settings.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 28, 2011 5:44 PM

For Anxiety: I have had depression since I was a teenager. I have tried pretty much anything you could think of. Nothing has helped me like Xanax. The problem is that doctors don't like to prescribe this medicine. I feel so lost without it and I would only take it when I really needed it. Only 2 or 3 times a week.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2011 6:50 PM

For Anxiety: I feel like Xanax saved me. I had a very rough childhood with my father addicted to drugs, lost our house, had to raise my sisters because my mom had to get a full time job. I was going down a very bumpy road. I finally settled down with my now soon to be husband, and with the persuasion of him and my father (now sober, and also has anxiety) At age 18 I finally broke down and decided to go talk to a doctor. He prescribed me to multiple anti-depressants that made everything worse. He then put me on Xanax, I've never been so stress free. I have held down the same job, I'm doing well in school and again, and maintained a healthy relationship. I'm a changed person at 21 years old.

October 24, 2011 4:52 PM

Review by Norwegian Guy:

For Depression: I've had big problems with both depression and anxiety, and I've tried most of the benzodiazepines that are available (Diazepam, Clonazepam, Flunitrazepam, Nitrazepam, Oxazepam, and so on), and also a couple of different antidepressants. SSRI's and Mirtazapine(brand name "Remeron"). And after trying all of these different medications, I didn't think I EVER could get rid of the depression and anxiety and live a normal life (which in turn made me even more depressed), but then in comes Xanax! And it didn't take long before I was almost entirely free from both the depression and the anxiety, which had had such a strong grip on my life for such a long time and almost ruined my life! I really feel like I owe my life to the wonderful Alprazolam!

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2011 5:05 AM

For Anxiety: Xanax is a miracle and cures my anxiety while I use it. I highly recommend it!

October 17, 2011 7:26 AM

For Anxiety: I have very severe generalized anxiety which sometimes manifests as the inability to leave my home (or sometimes, my room). I have other psychological issues as well and Xanax can reduce a manic or psychotic episode into almost nothing. I have been thinking of asking for extended release tablets. When I feel a serious panic attack coming on it is awesome to have something that stops the attack, and doesn't leave me too 'dopey' feeling to go back to work or whatever I was doing. Thanks Xanax.

October 16, 2011 2:40 AM