User Reviews for Xanax

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 374 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by Kristen90:

For Panic Disorder: I have suffered from a very severe anxiety and panic disorder all of my life. I was given Xanax about a year ago because the medications I was taking were not working. I started taking the Xanax which did take care of the panic attacks for the most part. But what I did not realize is that though I was taking the dosage that the doctor had prescribed to me I was blacking out and getting very violent or I would be asleep my eyes would open I would punch my boyfriend in the face and try to choke him then go back to sleep like nothing even happened. The morning after these events he would wake up on the couch and tell me what I had done. I did not remember doing any of this. It was terrifying.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2011 5:49 PM

Review by Ctf:

For Depression: Have panic attacks approximately twice per year emerging with breathing problems. Result was depression with sleep hours falling from normal 8 hours to 2~3 hours. I fight depression with citalopram hydrobromide (Exenadil 20mg). Xanax helps me sleep whenever I feel I will miss my sleep. My schedule : Take depression medicine every two months for 6 months period. Take Xanax ONLY at night before sleep WHENEVER I feel I will miss my sleep. Fight my ugly morning wake ups by my own doing the most favorable things of the day in the morning.

September 6, 2011 4:25 PM

I could not get on a plane, in elevators, rooms without windows, or even a automated car wash. Thank goodness for this medication and the doctors that helped me find some peace in my life and now I just got back from seeing my sister 2000 miles away (went there by plane- I did advise my flight attendant i was on this medication and to wake me if I fell asleep).

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 31, 2011 2:34 PM

For Anxiety: Too make a long story short, a little over 2 weeks ago after an MRI, we were told our daughter had a birth defect called Chiari which required brain surgery, which is scheduled for September 9, 2011. My anxiety was so bad I couldn't function normally and couldn't stop crying, couldn't sleep, had chest pains and my head was so lightheaded I thought I would pass out. Xanax stopped all of it. I only rate it an 8, not because of how it works, but because of me. I still can't control my anxiety without help from Xanax. Now I can sleep, breath and only cry once a day if at all. I'm seeing a shrink and feeling stronger so maybe soon I will be in control of myself again and handle my families life again as a strong mom and woman.

August 17, 2011 9:35 PM

Review by Xanax4ever:

For Panic Disorder: This is the only drug that has kept my generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder under control. I prescribed this by my PCP when I was about 20 and have been taking it up to the present. I couldn't go without it.

August 10, 2011 12:22 PM

Review by bestbenzo:

For Depression: It's the best medication I ever taking for anxiety and an instant antidepressant. I have taken it since I was about 21, and it still works great.

August 10, 2011 12:14 PM

For Anxiety: I've been on Alprazolam (Xanax) for over five years now. I take 2mg four times a day. Xanax is the only medication, when taken as prescribed, that allows me to manage my anxiety and panic disorder. I have my Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), My Severe Panic Disorder, My Antisocial tendencies, My Social Anxiety, My insecurity's and even my Agoraphobia all to a tolerable level. Xanax has greatly improved the quality of my life. If you can't find anything else that works, ask your doctor about Alprazolam.

August 8, 2011 1:18 AM

Review by monchaloca1:

For Anxiety: This medicine is great. No side effects. Calms me down. Helps with the racing thoughts at night and to relax and get to sleep. I also had panic attacks, now with Xanax they are gone. I only take 0.5mg at night and as needed when nervous or with social anxiety if I go out. It works wonders. It is sad that many doctors do not want to prescribe it because of stigma of abuse and it really would help many people with anxiety disorders.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 3, 2011 12:21 AM

For Panic Disorder: I was diagnosed with a severe panic disorder that literally took over my life. I was prescribed Xanax 0.25mg it is my life saver. I feel like my old self and I look forward to getting up in the morning. I was petrified of getting the panic attacks and this medication has helped and it works within 15 minutes of taking it. I have had reduced attacks and feel so much better. The only downside is you feel a little bit drowsy and if you are late taking it on time I found I would get severe blurred vision. It usually passed within a few hours. You definitely have to take it on time.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2011 6:34 AM

For Anxiety: I have emphysema related anxiety and Xanax is the only thing that helps me. It does not get rid of the anxiety attacks but is strong enough to manage getting my anxiety attack under control. The quality of my life is unbearable without this medication.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2011 2:58 PM

For Anxiety: Xanax for panic attacks saved my life. I had developed agoraphobia after 9 months or so of severe panic. I was prescribed Xanax for occasional use by a very smart doctor and just knowing I had them to rely on if I needed them was enough to end the cycle of panic. If you panic, they work quickly to end the attack. I know that people have trouble with withdrawal if they're used for too long. I did my best to breathe through the attacks and fend them off myself, but when I couldn't Xanax was a savior.

July 18, 2011 12:15 PM

Review by kr1987:

For Anxiety: Calms my anxiety better then anything else. When I have anxiety attacks and take one or two Xanax I actually feel normal again and a lot more outgoing and I'm not so shy or afraid to meet and talk to new people that I may meet.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2011 6:30 PM

Review by Suzanne mc:

For Panic Disorder: Having burning tongue syndrome is very rare and it feels like you have an electric cable attached to your tongue. After 3 years and 14 doctors and about 20 different medicines not to mention brain surgery NOTHING worked. One day I had a panic attack and the emergency room doctor prescribed Xanax. It took me week and half to try it but the result was immediate. For 1st time in years I feel like living again.

July 11, 2011 11:10 PM

Review by lambnj24:

For Anxiety: Effectively and rapidly eliminates symptoms of my anxiety. Also works well in calming my thoughts down. Only downside of this medication that I can conjure up is a propensity to make me lethargic...but this is only a significant problem if I'm not engaged in some sort of physical or mental diversion.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2011 4:51 PM

For Anxiety: I have two small children and it can be a lot to deal with on a daily basis. My doctor prescribed 1mg twice a day and it has helped tremendously with taking care of my daily activities and not being so stressed out all the time. I would say to anybody with a problem with stress or raising small kids it definitely helps make things a lot more bearable.

June 28, 2011 11:57 AM

For Depression: Xanax is one of the best medicines ever made to help depression and anxiety. They shouldn't be so hard to get prescribed though. They are a wonderful medicine that makes you happy even when you have major problems. If everyone took Xanax it would be the happiest country in the world.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 14, 2011 9:05 PM

Review by jerrywarriner:

For Panic Disorder: This medicine is a life-saver. Before I began taking Xanax the suffering I endured was indescribable. I panicked when I rode on trains or buses. I almost went out of my mind if a train stopped or slowed down between stations and I could not get off. I felt trapped. During a job interview I suffered such a severe panic attack that I wanted to flee into the street. My doctor prescribed Xanax and I was able to start and continue to work. Otherwise, I would have committed suicide. Fortunately, I get a generous supply each month, which I use up. I've heard horror stories from people whose doctors will not prescribe benzodiazepines at all. Also, some states place unnecessary red tape on Xanax prescriptions.

May 30, 2011 12:29 AM

Review by brenmari:

For Anxiety: It's sad. Ever since I was a child I've had anxiety problems and it only seems to get worse with age. I've used Xanax for years to help control it, when it feels like I'm going to have a heart attack (racing heart) or I start shaking so bad I can't even think straight. Xanax worked wonders for me. Now my MD. wants to stop it. I'm on Cymbalta and unfortunately, I find it a very poor substitute. As I find it doesn't do 'The Great Job Xanax Did'.

May 23, 2011 1:11 AM

Review by marlly:

For Anxiety: I have been on Xanax for a few years for anxiety and panic attacks and have found Xanax to be very helpful and not as addictive as many other medications.

May 20, 2011 5:51 AM

Review by dontflywell:

For Panic Disorder: This was the only thing that would get me back on an airplane after 911. I fly a lot for my work, I have found it helps me deal with TSA with all the lines in security. I take the 0.5mg as needed, only need them for flying. No, I am not a pilot!

May 20, 2011 12:25 AM

Review by raraider:

For Panic Disorder: Xanax has been an extremely effective medication. I have severe panic with agoraphobia and failed to respond to therapy, clonazepam, paroxetine, other benzodiazepines, antidepressants, AED's, beta-blockers, and others. I have taken up to 12 mg/day but I find that 4-6 mg/day is best. Side effects are non-existent nor have I ever experienced any form of withdrawal. Incidentally Xanax (along with imipramine) have been shown to be effective for years of continuous use. Great for either short-term use, and if needed, long-term use.

May 17, 2011 1:25 AM

Review by AnxiousG:

For Anxiety: Xanax (Alprazolam) is a good drug for anxiety and panic disorder, is wonderful while you're taking it. But I know to leave this medicine is so painful and has many unpleasant effects on the withdrawal. It works great for me.

May 15, 2011 10:37 PM

Review by meyarger:

For Anxiety: I started taking Xanax at age 20 and it was a great medicine. I had such bad panic attacks and just constant anxiety 24/7. I started out on a low dose and within 15 mins I felt calm and fine. I got from the place of not being able to walk outside or answer the phone to being able to get married, have a job, go on vacations. Anything I wanted to do. I WAS NORMAL. But now I'm 36 and on the highest dose 4 mg a day and about 4 1/2 years ago my horrible anxiety came back even though I'm taking it. I can't work, drive or really go anywhere anymore. So I guess I'd say it works but then you may build up a tolerance and then it won't work.

May 9, 2011 2:55 PM

Review by j1nelso:

For Anxiety: I was taking 4mg of Xanax almost daily for about a year. I tried to quit cold turkey by being off of them for about 4 days straight and when day 5 hit me I thought I was going to die. I couldn't sleep for the 4 days I didn't have it, constant pacing around the house, twitches like crazy and had to get some ASAP as I was out. It has been over a month now and I am slowly coming off of the Xanax. I am down to about 1mg every 2 days or so and I haven't had any additional medications. It can be done but you have to prepare yourself for it mentally and tell yourself you CAN do it. I have quit in the past and regret ever picking up the bottle again.

May 5, 2011 10:25 PM

For Anxiety: Xanax is an excellent medicine for myself. It has prevented panic attacks and helped me through times of rough anxiety. Ativan never worked for me and Klonopin makes me drunk-like and put me in the hospital 3 times. The hospital finally said I have an allergy to Klonopin and could no longer take it. After going on Xanax, I felt so much better and relieved. I try not to take Xanax everyday, as it is not meant to be a long-term solution to anxiety and can be very addicting, so be very careful. I am on Paxil CR and Risperdal on top of Xanax for my anxiety, PTSD, panic disorder, and OCD.

April 30, 2011 8:03 AM