User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 43 reviews 75 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 386 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety: After years of talk down therapy, I reached a breaking point. A Doc gave me Xanax and it was a miracle. I was able to go to stores and travel on airlines without Panic Attacks. I have been on Xanax since 1999, .25 Mg before bedtime. This has given me my life back. I do take more for long flights where I spend 12 to 24 hours inside the airline system. I started on .25 Mg daily and 10 years later still use the same amount. If I miss a dose more than a day, I get antsy, then clammy skin and finally unjustified panic attack on 3rd or 4th day. This is well expected and acceptable response to quitting abruptly. Doc has been up front about me using this or some other drug for the rest of my life. It is well worth it.

December 13, 2009 2:54 AM

Review by Ria k:

For Panic Disorder: I have (HAD) strong panic and anxiety attacks specially out in public. I feared everything. Always the ... What if this?... What if that? ..worried about the worst things that could happen. Lived on edge of my seat. Then doctor gave me Xanax and I felt like myself again. All fear was gone and I was so much happier. More at ease with things. I didn't stress out so fast and could go have fun in my life. Xanax is my life saver.

December 10, 2009 2:06 PM

For Anxiety: Xanax is the best anxiety medication that I have taken over the past several years. I have been prescribed at least ten or more different medicines and some work to an extent but none are near as effective than Xanax. Xanax has truly been a lifesaver (hands down) for my anxiety and panic attacks.

December 9, 2009 12:07 PM

For Anxiety: This medicine saved my life after my mother died and shortly after my daughters father was killed. It helped me relax and I was a lot easier to take it day by day. A great alternative to alcohol.

December 1, 2009 12:16 AM

For Anxiety: I use Xanax occasionally as required. I feel relaxed in real sense, feel increase in mental abilities, sleep well and when I wake up I'm in a very fresh mood.

November 30, 2009 12:40 PM

Review by FOOTBALLS:

For Anxiety: Very good for anxiety and I think it helps for depression.

November 30, 2009 12:39 PM

For Tinnitus: It helps me a lot and I don't know what I'd do without it. It has changed my life. Thank you to whoever made this drug.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2009 2:45 PM

Review by lg1979:

For Panic Disorder: I have been on Xanax for about ten years and now it is has had to come to a screeching hault. At first 1mg three times a day was great Ii could work, go into social settings and even to stores. It gradually got up to 2mgs 3 times a day for about 5 years then came the beginning of the end. I had began using more and more of this wonder drug and I ran out horrible withdrawal symptoms beginning with night sweats, not sleeping confusion and finally seizures not to mention the mental twists and games my mind played on me. Now I am on Klonopin and its taken the edge off today. I don't get the wonder drug feeling and I'm not having seizures we will see. Careful with use of this medicine.

November 16, 2009 3:28 PM

Review by my experience:

For Panic Disorder: I have been taking a combination of 2mg Xanax 3 times a day, 2mg extended release Xanax once daily, and 3mg klonopin twice daily. I have found that this combination of medications and Xanax itself has helped me get my mind back on the things that matter in my life. Get over my fears and make an enormous amount of friends in my life. Although the only problem is that my doctor now tells me after 18 months of taking this dose that he thinks the Depakote (1000mg) a day is helping me and that he is going to start taking me off the benzodiazapines. I tried to see if I would be able to get off of them and live normally, I found myself worse than before the medication with severe withdrawal symptoms.

November 13, 2009 6:20 PM

Review by Studo1:

For Panic Disorder: Started having panic attacks on a regular basis soon after bypass surgery at 58 yrs. I thought the antidepressant I had been taking for some 30 yrs. wasn't working anymore. After suffering with this for several years, I had a real good one, which sent me to the ER. They gave me a Xanax. Unbelievable, it was like a wave of calm went through me. Haven't been without the drug since. I take it when I feel an attack coming on, and it just dosen't happen. It helps you live a normal life.

November 5, 2009 10:34 PM

Review by destroyed_family:

For Anxiety: Xanax was a God send when I was in a terrible car accident and lost my best friend. I knew that it was a controlled substance, so that made me wearly. I recently got into a relationship, and my boyfriends whole family is highly addicted to Xanax. They are prescribed them, buy them off the street, and so on. They fight each other for "bars" and pay a fortune for them. The family is a complete wreck. family members had forgotten important things, like family matters, misplacing wallets, purses etc... even getting into car accidents while they're on them. They helped me when I took them as prescribed, but seeing how my boyfriends family act while on the drug, I would be careful.

November 2, 2009 6:39 PM

For Panic Disorder: I had been getting panic attacks for so long they were so scary I had already been to the ER like 4 times and the only thing that did was get me a huge bill that I don't have money to pay. Xanax was like a miracle pill for me. I got some felt so relieved, a little dizzy at first but relieved that I wasn't so panicky any more I'm guessing you should only take it when you start feeling like your going to get a panic attack again or as told by your doctor. Just don't drink any alcohol while you're on Xanax. It does make me feel sleepy but sometimes when I feel like going out I fight it and I don't sleep and I'm still able to go out and enjoy myself.

November 2, 2009 2:22 PM

Review by Aums:

For Panic Disorder: It works very well for me.

November 1, 2009 3:19 AM

Review by Rx2009:

For Panic Disorder: Xanax got me through a year or so of acute anxiety and debilitating panic attacks. I got rather attached to those pretty lavender pills. I called them "my darling little Easter eggs," they were so precious in relieving the terror that developed into agoraphobia. At max dose I was so sedated I started calling it "Zombinal." It had stopped working its magic, and under the care of a naturopath I simply stopped taking it. Amazingly, after a couple of shaky days, my anxiety diminished and panic attacks were history. I later learned that between depleted receptors and mini-withdrawls, Xanax was actually causing my symptoms. No more Xanax, no more panic, not even the slightest anxiety. I guess I got cured.

October 27, 2009 3:00 AM

Review by Parabola:

For Anxiety: Found the brand name was by far more effective than generic alprazolam. I find typically I do much better with brand names than generics, depending on your co pays I'd go for the brand names, the difference in my insurance is generics are 3 and brand is 6 so it's a world of a difference to me. I felt or 'thought' the Xanax wasn't working, but realized I was on generic alprazolam and switched it, it was like night and day.

October 26, 2009 4:20 PM

For Depression: It is great.

October 21, 2009 1:37 PM

Review by Arnce:

For Anxiety: I have been on Alprazolam for 10 years for panic disorder and anxiety. I am still on the same dosage that I was ten years ago and I am definitely sure that drug companies differ in their drug production. Whenever I pick up a prescription and the pharmacy tells me it's "just a different company", the red flag goes up. The oval shaped 1 mg. tablet just does not work as well at the round 1 mg. tablet.

October 20, 2009 3:22 PM

For Anxiety: Medication works fast - I received instant results. Amazing. If I only knew before, I could have experienced less miserable days.

October 11, 2009 3:59 PM

Review by sinloi:

For Panic Disorder: I have been on Xanax (Alprazolam) for over 10 years for severe panic attacks and perpetual anxiety from PTSD and horrible things going on in my life. I've found this to be very effective to rapidly nip this in the bud, for a short period of time. I do not abuse this and am a non drinker. Life is so out of control for me that this is the only thing that works to any degree.

October 8, 2009 2:13 PM

For Anxiety: It works great for me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2009 9:00 PM

Review by abby24:

For Anxiety: They are a huge help, I have post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and agoraphobia and if I didn't have Xanax don't think I could go out of the house. I also have seizures and take Topamax. Everything got worse when my libido passed! Now I can do the things I used to do!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 24, 2009 6:31 PM

For Anxiety: I had anxiety so bad from work I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. I didn't take it until I got home from work because it made me sleep. I was on it for 6 weeks and I noticed I had an addiction to it. I was hurrying home after work to take it (no, really doctor, I can stop it any time I want to). My doctor said to stop taking it. I was awake for 3 days but I did it. I know now that I needed to reduce it a little at a time because I had been taking a high dose for a while. It's a life saver for bad anxiety, just watch the dosage and be careful about how long you are taking it. If you keep those 2 things in mind it's the best anti-anxiety medicine.

September 20, 2009 2:45 AM

Review by jamer5683:

For Panic Disorder: This medicine saved my life, it helped me cope with my panic disorder!

September 20, 2009 2:20 AM

Review by Molly2a:

I'm a 64 yr old female and have been on 0.05 mgs of Xanax four times daily as needed. I don't always use four but have found that it has helped me a lot. I sometimes wonder if I'll be on it for the rest of my life because I realize the older I become it may or may not affect me differently. I know it's addictive but since most of my anxiety is genetic related I feel I must stay on it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 15, 2009 7:33 AM

Review by fear of flying:

For Anxiety: Xanax works well for me with my fear of flying. I have to take it on an empty stomach otherwise it does not work. It makes me sleep on the flight to get to where I need to go. The one problem that I am having is memory loss. I cannot remember the events that happened the day that I take it. It makes me very passive.

September 8, 2009 2:03 AM