User Reviews for Xanax

8.5
Summary of Xanax reviews 365 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I had anxiety so bad from work I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. I didn't take it until I got home from work because it made me sleep. I was on it for 6 weeks and I noticed I had an addiction to it. I was hurrying home after work to take it (no, really doctor, I can stop it any time I want to). My doctor said to stop taking it. I was awake for 3 days but I did it. I know now that I needed to reduce it a little at a time because I had been taking a high dose for a while. It's a life saver for bad anxiety, just watch the dosage and be careful about how long you are taking it. If you keep those 2 things in mind it's the best anti-anxiety medicine.

September 20, 2009 2:45 AM
Review by jamer5683: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: This medicine saved my life, it helped me cope with my panic disorder!

September 20, 2009 2:20 AM
Review by Molly2a: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam): I'm a 64 yr old female and have been on 0.05 mgs of Xanax four times daily as needed. I don't always use four but have found that it has helped me a lot. I sometimes wonder if I'll be on it for the rest of my life because I realize the older I become it may or may not affect me differently. I know it's addictive but since most of my anxiety is genetic related I feel I must stay on it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 15, 2009 7:33 AM
Review by fear of flying:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Xanax works well for me with my fear of flying. I have to take it on an empty stomach otherwise it does not work. It makes me sleep on the flight to get to where I need to go. The one problem that I am having is memory loss. I cannot remember the events that happened the day that I take it. It makes me very passive.

September 8, 2009 2:03 AM
Review by dead.in.bed: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: The fastest acting anti anxiety medication I've ever been prescribed, and by far the most effective. The anxiety I experienced prior to medication was crippling, I would stay in bed all day and not want to leave my house to go to school, or anything that involved other social interaction. This medicine got me up, happy, and willing/wanting to do the things I could not do before. However, through prolonged use of this medication I have as a result become addicted, as when I do not receive my scheduled dose I feel withdrawals. Overall - this medication has done so many good things for me I would be content taking this until the end of time, for the pros outweigh the cons, tenfold.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 6, 2009 2:23 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: It made me tired and didn't relieve my anxiety.

August 28, 2009 1:28 PM
Review by Boo_Cat: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have taken Xanax now for six months and it has been the best six months in a long time. I have finally been able to go out in places where before I absolutely would not go for fear of panic attacks. I was on 8mg Ativan and 60mg Tranxene before and all I did was stay in my house and sleep. Thank goodness my doctor prescribed Xanax.

August 21, 2009 4:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I suffer from anxiety to the point where I am scared of things. It was so bad I wanted to pull my hair out. I was adopted when I was just a few days old, My mother ( who adopted me) died when I was 16. Life just seemed so hard for me. I was prescribed Klonopin and Ativan before Xanax, now I take Xanax and Concerta together and it really has changed my life. I work two jobs and go to college. I have become a superstar at work, winning contests and getting along with everyone, I rate this drug a 10 it is incredible!

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 18, 2009 1:49 PM
Review by HANDLBARS: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: The best

August 13, 2009 3:55 PM
Review by xanyanne: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: When nervous or uncomfortable just pop a Xanax and I become as cool as a cucumber. I have a friend who can't even go more then 5 miles from her house without getting a panic attack. She takes a Xanax and she is willing to hop on flights to Las Vegas.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 3, 2009 5:58 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have had severe panic attacks all my life. I don't even know how to explain what this makes you fell like, it's like you can't catch your breath, your hands start to go numb. My head goes numb. Then I felt like I am going to pass out or am having a stroke. I have nothing but a positive experience with this medicine and I have tried other's. They didn't work. I have never had any side effects with Xanax. So 1-10 its a 10, but take only as prescibed.

August 2, 2009 12:13 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Xanax worked wonders for my anxiety. Next thing I know, I only ate one meal every four days and lost 15 pounds in two weeks. Withdrawal is the worst. I vomited for seven weeks straight and at least twice a day. I've been clean for two months I still don't sleep until five/six in the morning. I have slight muscle tremors. Prescriptions must be monitored extremely carefully.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 20, 2009 5:45 AM
Review by phish23: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Love it. It made me really relaxed/calm and still able to do my work.

July 14, 2009 11:45 PM
Review by m3rlin: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Works great for me when I use it on a "per attack" basis. My Doctor put me on it 3 times a day and that will make it ineffective. I only take it when I feel my heart starting to race and within 5 to 10 minutes I am back to normal.

July 10, 2009 9:35 PM
Review by Not too good: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: I have suffered severe depression for years and was finally coming out of it with a cocktail of Lithium, Luvox and Epilim. When the anxiety kicked in my doctor prescribed Xanax which worked but the come down was the worst I have ever had. Just a personal experience on mixing drugs I guess.

July 10, 2009 5:50 PM
Review by Looch: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: This is the best thing for panic attacks ever! When I feel one coming on I can take 0.50-0.75mg and let it melt under my tongue and it works very fast. It has saved me from going to the ER so many times. My hat goes off to Xanax!

July 6, 2009 8:44 AM
Review by fishlove73: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: This drug is currently working for my anxiety that is blood pressure related. I was on Clonazepam and that made me high and groggy but did not help anxiety. Xanax has worked perfectly, reduces my symptoms and no high feeling. The minute I get freaked and have racy thoughts (panic) it curbs it, then I can get on with my day. I have not noticed any side effects and my friends and family have seen improvement.

July 3, 2009 4:11 AM
Review by mr needey: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have cancer and this drug takes my mind of death and is a great sleep aid.

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 16, 2009 10:28 AM
Review by Finally:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: It is a miracle. I was always against medicines, and thought that panic disorders were people who just worry and cry all the time until it happened to me- completely out of the blue in April after my dad had been diagnosed with cancer. The day after Easter I came home from work and just felt something coming over me. Light-headedness followed by tingling in my arms, legs, and hands. A few minutes later I was completely paralyzed, crippled and numb. I had my boyfriend call 911 and they took me to the ER. It took me 4 hours to try to relax and calm down, and then the Xanax came to me. A few minutes later everything started to calm down. I had 3 more attacks that week. Now I am on 0.5mg, which I take when needed. Very effective.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 12, 2009 12:46 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: When I start to pace around the room, swimming in my non-stop traffic of thoughts I know I need to take my Xanax, it calms me and I even stopped smoking out of anxiety.

June 10, 2009 8:05 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have been on Xanax for about 3 years and I used to have really bad panic attacks but I don't now. The only problem I have with them is that they have made me gain a ton of weight.

June 9, 2009 2:34 AM
Review by Cinderspin: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I've been taking various doses of Xanax for about 24 years, more "on" than "off" but it has been a God send. I developed severe PTSD during military service which was exacerbated by multiple sexual assaults in civilian life, and later military duty. Without this medication I don't know how I would have been able to function all these years. If you take Xanax, DO NOT attempt to combine it with Prozac. I took it and ended up in ER having a status panic episode ("adrenaline storm") which I wouldn't wish on anybody. The Prozac was decreased and the Xanax increased. I haven't been able to successfully go back down to the previous low level dosage yet but we're hopeful. I got my life back the first day I took Xanax and have been doing well with it since.

June 5, 2009 7:08 AM
Review by barbaraanderson2009: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I found Xanax to be the only thing to help me.

May 14, 2009 11:10 PM
Review by bender6: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Since Xanax is so short-acting, it should be a well thought decision to use for panic disorder. However, all people are different, and metabolize the medication differently. So, for some, like me, Xanax worked better than other medicines. For 15 years, I am so thankful that any benzodiazepine is available, as my panic disorder is moderately severe.

May 6, 2009 5:02 AM
Review by DocBob: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have used Xanax for the past 15 years for moderate to severe panic and or anxiety attacks. Were it not for this drug, I am not sure what I would have done. It was and still is a God send. I only use it as needed as opposed to daily use. Two downsides are that it makes me drowsy and if I drink alcohol when I have taken it, I get very testy. Don't drink and drive and don't drive while on Xanax.

May 5, 2009 8:44 PM