User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 49 reviews 76 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 443 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "With the death of my mom in June 2009 I immediately started having nausea and vomiting, couldn't eat, couldn't concentrate. I thought I was dying myself. Every time I tried to go to sleep I could feel my heart beating furiously through my chest. I wanted to die myself. My Doctor finally prescribed Xanax after a horrible episode of just trying to drive home from his office. I had to stop about 20 times because I was crying so bad. He said I was suffering from PTSD. Without Xanax I do not think I would have been able to handle all the legal paperwork that I had to do, plus work. Now in 2010 we had to close our business and have lost my job. The whole episode has started up again. I hope the increased dose will help and I can continue my life."

dog lover March 6, 2011

For Anxiety "I think that this is one of the best medicines out there. I take 2 mg four times a day and it just seems to keep me calm and make the world a better place. I used to stress out about the smallest things now, I just go with the flow."

Anonymous February 8, 2011

For Anxiety "I have chronic interstitial cystitis (not sure on spelling) also called painful bladder syndrome. It is like a urinary tract infection times 10. I have to go to bathroom any where from every 30 minutes up to 2 times every 2 hours. So it can be a problem if I'm away from home. If I take my Xanax 0.5mg, I usually don't have to go to bathroom but once every 3 or 4 hrs and since it hurts so bad to urinate and plus I can get sleep at night with not having to go every hour. It has been such a relief. I rate it a 9. My doctor has it written 1 or 2 every 8 hours as needed, but I try to only take it at night. I'm very cautious."

dingy2366 February 7, 2011

For Anxiety "My anxiety is so much under control now."

Anonymous February 3, 2011

For Anxiety "About 15 yrs ago I started taking Xanax. 0.25mg morning and afternoon. It worked wonders. Then the doctors put me on Paxil. I weaned myself off the Xanax, it took about 4 months. But I always have it on hand for the tough times which seem in abundance lately. It acts quickly and has been a life saver for me."

Anonymous January 29, 2011

For Anxiety "I was prescribed this medication in the hospital after suffering severe anxiety attacks. I was only given a couple to get me through until I see my doctor but I found out the doctors are unwilling to give you this medication. I have anxiety attacks everyday but this medication makes me stay calm so I don't suffer from these awful anxiety attacks. I feel relief and that I can go on."

Anonymous January 25, 2011

For Anxiety "I think it's a great medicine but I only take it as needed since its so fast acting. "

Wildatily January 18, 2011

For Anxiety "At first I didn't like the fact of taking medicine everyday, but ever since the day my doctor(physiciatrist) prescribed this to me at first a little drowsy in the morning, but a couple days I felt great especially in the morning. If you have anxiety like me it will make you feel like a whole new man without always being tight and chest feels heavy and sweating could go on. XANAX is a wonderful medicine."

tHE pEOPLE January 14, 2011

For Panic Disorder "This is a miracle medicine, I had night terrors and severe panic attacks. When I started this medicine it has me feeling a lot more normal."

Kimmy13 January 8, 2011

For Panic Disorder "Was better than Ativan by far but just doesn't last long enough. "

oxyaaron November 22, 2010

For Panic Disorder "I have tried many medications for panic disorder. I don't think there was not 1 tablet I have not tried when I was prescribed Xanax. I felt I was given my life back. No horrible side effects of anxiety or panic disorder whatsoever. I can now function without worrying if I went out I would have a panic attack or drop whatever I was doing and go home as I felt like I was dying. My heart would race, my breathing felt like I was taking my last breathe excessive sweating. They all went away. I take 1 mg when needed and have never abused this medication but it has been a life saver for me. It took 30 years to find a tablet that would stop my panic and anxiety disorder and then I tried Xanax from my doctor and I thank her everyday."

dj123 November 21, 2010

For Anxiety "Works wonders and helps with my little social-phobia and it also helps for my depression (with Zoloft)."

headhunterz November 17, 2010

For Anxiety "I've tried many other non-addictive medications and none of them helped my anxiety the way Xanax does. After several other medications, (and hesitation on my part) my doctor finally prescribed me Xanax 1 mg 2-3 times daily depending on my level of anxiety that day. I ended up breaking most of the pills in half and only taking 0.5 mg usually 3x a day, and find it relieves my anxiety without the level of sleepiness a whole mg gives me. I usually only take a whole pill if I feel a panic attack coming on. But, I'll take the mild drowsiness any day over the level of constant anxiety I had prior to starting the drug, and a couple cups of coffee usually does me good. I can definitely tell when a dose starts to wear off though, some withdrawal."

Anonymous November 15, 2010

For Anxiety "I recently realized I have had anxiety practically my whole life. Being thirty years old now, I really wish I had been prescribed this a long time ago. It has reduced my shaking and anxiety effects so much that I feel like a real person. I never knew what it was like to feel calm until now. I am very thankful for this medicine."

Anonymous November 12, 2010

For Tinnitus "I have tried EVERYTHING and this is the only thing besides ginko biloba that helps. I strongly recommend it. I'd rather be a little sleepy at times then hear totally insane ringing in my ears all the time."

Anonymous November 8, 2010

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Was prescribed this by the VA after retiring from the military. Am new to it but it makes my life so much better! Have had HORRIBLE panic and anxiety attacks for years even before I knew what they were. Driving, meetings, interacting in groups, you name it. So far so good, it really helps!"

GI October 13, 2010

For Anxiety "Completely takes away my anxiety but distorts my memory a bit."

Caro0310 September 23, 2010

For Anxiety "Excellent for anxiety, especially if you start with the minimum amount, 0.25 mg and only take more if needed. I say this because I was prescribed 0.5 mg 3x daily and don't need that much. Try to take the least amount and if that works don't take more since you can build up a slight tolerance over time. My only concern is will I ever be able to be off of medicine. I just wish there was a natural cure for anxiety. I hate being dependent on this."

amyjleak September 21, 2010

183 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "These are the best for my anxiety."

Anonymous September 18, 2010

For Anxiety "My doctor prescribed medication for depression. I have tried three different kinds and had terrible side effects. I am taking Xanax occasionally when anxiety or panic occur and it works for me just great. Generic version alprazolam takes a little longer to kick in."

Anonymous September 3, 2010

For Anxiety "Having suffered panic attacks and anxiety and depression for several years now, always have my Xanax with me in case of any unexpected panic attacks. I take 90mg of Avanza each night in addition to 2mg of Xanax twice a day. Xanax for me has been the only drug that has quick and fast acting results. I don't like flying or heights or crowds and avoid shopping centers but with Xanax can at least function each day and at least leave the house. Good luck to everyone else out there suffering the same. Try Xanax it works for me. Cheers."

tonestar August 27, 2010

For Panic Disorder "I was having panic attacks very bad. Now that I am taking Xanax my life has changed and sometimes I can go days without taking one. When I feel them coming on and I can take a half and feel the relief. It has really helped me."

1Nanny August 26, 2010

For Anxiety "I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for years. It got so bad I would actually be driving, pull over to the side of the road and call 911 because I thought I was having a heart attack, it was really scary. I've been on Xanax for 10 years off and on. I take 0.5mg once a day when I start feeling anxious and my insides feel out of control. It does frighten me to think I could be addicted to this medication, but on the other hand if it relieves my symptoms than I guess I need to take Xanax as needed."

mesohorny August 20, 2010

For Anxiety "Less panic attacks and helps keep you relaxed and open minded. Less stress keeps you panic free and it lowers the stress at least 75% while on the Xanax compared to Lexapro and many others I tried for anxiety and depression."

sillysweet August 16, 2010

For Anxiety "This drug is a life saver! Just don't abuse it."

oxyaaron August 12, 2010