User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 47 reviews 75 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 426 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "Excellent for anxiety, especially if you start with the minimum amount, 0.25 mg and only take more if needed. I say this because I was prescribed 0.5 mg 3x daily and don't need that much. Try to take the least amount and if that works don't take more since you can build up a slight tolerance over time. My only concern is will I ever be able to be off of medicine. I just wish there was a natural cure for anxiety. I hate being dependent on this."

amyjleak September 21, 2010

183 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "These are the best for my anxiety."

Anonymous September 18, 2010

For Anxiety "My doctor prescribed medication for depression. I have tried three different kinds and had terrible side effects. I am taking Xanax occasionally when anxiety or panic occur and it works for me just great. Generic version alprazolam takes a little longer to kick in."

Anonymous September 3, 2010

For Anxiety "Having suffered panic attacks and anxiety and depression for several years now, always have my Xanax with me in case of any unexpected panic attacks. I take 90mg of Avanza each night in addition to 2mg of Xanax twice a day. Xanax for me has been the only drug that has quick and fast acting results. I don't like flying or heights or crowds and avoid shopping centers but with Xanax can at least function each day and at least leave the house. Good luck to everyone else out there suffering the same. Try Xanax it works for me. Cheers."

tonestar August 27, 2010

For Panic Disorder "I was having panic attacks very bad. Now that I am taking Xanax my life has changed and sometimes I can go days without taking one. When I feel them coming on and I can take a half and feel the relief. It has really helped me."

1Nanny August 26, 2010

For Anxiety "I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for years. It got so bad I would actually be driving, pull over to the side of the road and call 911 because I thought I was having a heart attack, it was really scary. I've been on Xanax for 10 years off and on. I take 0.5mg once a day when I start feeling anxious and my insides feel out of control. It does frighten me to think I could be addicted to this medication, but on the other hand if it relieves my symptoms than I guess I need to take Xanax as needed."

mesohorny August 20, 2010

For Anxiety "Less panic attacks and helps keep you relaxed and open minded. Less stress keeps you panic free and it lowers the stress at least 75% while on the Xanax compared to Lexapro and many others I tried for anxiety and depression."

sillysweet August 16, 2010

For Anxiety "This drug is a life saver! Just don't abuse it."

oxyaaron August 12, 2010

For Panic Disorder "There is such a misconception about Xanax with people thinking you will be addicted forever if you use it. When this medicine is used the right way it can be life changing. Every drug can be abused even over the counter medicines. I can relax just knowing I have my Xanax."

Anonymous August 11, 2010

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I tried almost everything but suffered from horrific panic disorder for 11 years. Finally I decided to take Xanax. I was afraid of getting addicted but, I m so glad I used this it because I have been panic free for the last 11 months. I don't take Xanax everyday anymore at all. I did not get addicted at all. I take it only if I feel like I start getting anxious. I thank Xanax. Xanax is the only thing helped me."

ankar July 13, 2010

For Anxiety "It works wonders. Xanax has made my life so much easier. I am on 2mg 3x a day and I feel like I'm happier and more out going. I don't know what I would do without it ...I give it** 5 *stars**."

jessie jazz July 6, 2010

For Anxiety "I have taken alprazolam for about 2 weeks now and it has really helped control my anxiety. I had my first panic attack and then started getting them everyday and they would last all day. For the first 3 or 4 days I had to take alprazolam every 5 hours (3 times a day). Then I would get the panic attacks when I woke up (9 am) and then around 5pm, so then I took 2 pills a day for about 4 days. Now I am down to one pill in the morning because I keep waking up with anxiety. The alprazolam works in the first 20 minutess but my anxiety gets a little worse when I take it and then it gets so much better! The downside is the bad taste, causes drowsiness, loss of appetite and weight, and is highly addictive. Great for temporary relief!"

panthergurl21 June 16, 2010

For Anxiety "I have been prescribed alprazolam (Xanax) and a variety of other benzodiazipines for the past ten years when I was first diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, my dosage is 2mg 2 x daily. This was recently reduced from 2mg 3 x daily and I admit I do suffer a little but I make the best of it. The most important thing about Xanax is it is addictive and NEVER suddenly stop taking it! You could suffer from what's called a "Benzodiazipine withdrawal seizure". You need to taper your dose down. This is a PROPER and safe way to wean off. But overall, wonderful medicine for anxiety! "

barrebaby33 June 13, 2010

For Anxiety "Amazing for anxiety and panic disorders but another wonderful thing about Xanax is it will even help take the edge off of the common cold and the flu. I have carpal tunnel, arthritis and osteoporosis an it helps relax the joints and muscles just enough to get a good nights sleep. A "wonder drug". It does have some major downfalls also like long-term deppendency."

bobby416 June 3, 2010

For Panic Disorder "I get panic attacks and I was prescribed klonopin 1mg 2 times a day. Helps but no sleep. "

Anonymous May 1, 2010

For Tinnitus "Working well to help me relax and go to sleep."

meangene April 27, 2010

For Anxiety "It works great for panic attacks, but is horrible as you feel it wear off. Klonopin is much better!"

deemison April 25, 2010

For Anxiety "I have suffered from depression, OCD, and anxiety disorder for most of my life. I did not know until recently that doctors will treat panic disorders and I didn't have to life with constant fear and stress including vomiting 4-5 times daily, diarrhea, going days and weeks without sleeping, and general feelings of dread. I have been on and off anti-depressants since my late 20s, but never knew this was also treatable till now. I am very disappointed that I have virtually no reaction to Xanax either positive or negative - I could be swallowing placebos as far as I can tell. The panic does not abate, I still feel like the world is coming to an end and I'm vomiting all the time. I don't get sleepy or alert, I simply get no reaction at all. Given how much press there is about this being habit forming and addictive I"m assuming my reaction or lack thereof is a-typical."

great grape ape April 16, 2010

For Anxiety "I am prescribed Xanax 0.5 mg twice daily. At 21 yrs old and have a speech impairment due to major anxiety. Xanax helps greatly to calm me down and be able to control my nervousness. I've tried Vistaril, Buspar, Seroquel, Paxil and nothing comes close to working as well as Xanax does! It works pretty fast when real anxious and makes me to be much much more outgoing and motivated throughout the day. I'm taking 40mg Celexa with Xanax which is a wonderful combination. I'm very fidigity and uncalm, but with Xanax, I feel how I should be. While being less anxious and more outgoing, I also feel a very floaty state of mind. Xanax helps!"

Anonymous April 14, 2010

For Anxiety "Works great for my anxiety attacks, but after 6 years I've gone from 0.25 mg twice a day to 1mg twice a day. Getting "anxious" about what will happen when this dose stops working."

Anonymous March 27, 2010

For Depression "I think Xanax works great taking it along with an antidepressant. Right now I am currently taking 2 mg of Xanaz along with 20 mg of Celexa. I believe it has helped me out it so many ways. I used to have anxiety and panic attacks pretty much all day, or part of the day that I was awake. I haven't felt this good about myself in a long time. Sometimes I would get a panic attack just from walking in a public place, such as a supermarket, and then came the heavy breathing and the nervous feeling out of nowhere. But the Xanax put all the feelings to rest. I know it's a narcotic and it can be abused and it also can cause dependency. But if used the right way I know it can work for some of the worst conditions of depression."

Anonymous March 26, 2010

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I've had panic attacks in the past, are far back as age 5 or 6. I had a couple in my my 20's, and from 1999 to 2008 I fought a child support case and spent alot of time in jaiil over that period of time. In 2007-2008 I spent 11 months locked up in Detriot, Mi. where I finally beat the case by DNA and was freed. A month Later I began having regular panic attacks. I now have Chronic Anxiety associated with PTSD/Agoraphobia/and Chronic Panic Attacks. I started taking Xanax in June 2008 until March 2009 where my doctor then tried every drug under the sun on me outside of Benzos, and nothing worked. In January 2010 my Mother passed and the attacks became frequent after 11 ER visits and a doctor change I'm now on 0.5mg Xanax x 2 day."

blottobox March 20, 2010

For Anxiety "I've tried everything for anxiety - which is severe ALL the time. XANAX WORKS! Only issue is the length of time it lasts; I can feel the effects almost immediately (within 20 minutes and continue to feel effects kicking in for a good hour after), but after about 3 hours, I start to have rebound anxiety from it wearing off. Be careful of tolerance though. Since I've been on it, I've had to increase 4x. I started of with 0.5mg 3x/day and am now on 1mg, 5x/day. I don't want to change that, but this seems to be a perfect. It gives me the relief I need as often as my body seems to need it. I am so grateful for this drug, as my panic is non-existent, where it hasn't been in YEARS. It's been non stop - never relief. I finally feel relief."

twalsh825 March 6, 2010

For Anxiety "I am prescribed 0.5mg Xanax twice a day as needed. It works very well for me when I have high anxiety. I have no side effects at all from this drug, I don't even get sleepy with it, I just feel calmer. I have taken a variety of benzodiazepines for years, and I have never had a problem with an addiction to any of them (and I have a history of drug abuse). I would just say to take as needed and at the correct dose, and don't take continuously for a long time, and you should do good with Xanax. "

lawyer100 February 26, 2010

For Depression "Xanax is the one benzodiazepine that actually helps. I have gone through a loss from my fiance of 10 years, he passed in September 2009 and I got on Xanax and it helps me out a lot. It is the best."

Anonymous February 14, 2010