User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 49 reviews 76 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 435 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Xanax

For Panic Disorder "This is a miracle medicine, I had night terrors and severe panic attacks. When I started this medicine it has me feeling a lot more normal."

Kimmy13 January 8, 2011

For Panic Disorder "Was better than Ativan by far but just doesn't last long enough. "

oxyaaron November 22, 2010

For Panic Disorder "I have tried many medications for panic disorder. I don't think there was not 1 tablet I have not tried when I was prescribed Xanax. I felt I was given my life back. No horrible side effects of anxiety or panic disorder whatsoever. I can now function without worrying if I went out I would have a panic attack or drop whatever I was doing and go home as I felt like I was dying. My heart would race, my breathing felt like I was taking my last breathe excessive sweating. They all went away. I take 1 mg when needed and have never abused this medication but it has been a life saver for me. It took 30 years to find a tablet that would stop my panic and anxiety disorder and then I tried Xanax from my doctor and I thank her everyday."

dj123 November 21, 2010

For Anxiety "Works wonders and helps with my little social-phobia and it also helps for my depression (with Zoloft)."

headhunterz November 17, 2010

For Anxiety "I've tried many other non-addictive medications and none of them helped my anxiety the way Xanax does. After several other medications, (and hesitation on my part) my doctor finally prescribed me Xanax 1 mg 2-3 times daily depending on my level of anxiety that day. I ended up breaking most of the pills in half and only taking 0.5 mg usually 3x a day, and find it relieves my anxiety without the level of sleepiness a whole mg gives me. I usually only take a whole pill if I feel a panic attack coming on. But, I'll take the mild drowsiness any day over the level of constant anxiety I had prior to starting the drug, and a couple cups of coffee usually does me good. I can definitely tell when a dose starts to wear off though, some withdrawal."

Anonymous November 15, 2010

For Anxiety "I recently realized I have had anxiety practically my whole life. Being thirty years old now, I really wish I had been prescribed this a long time ago. It has reduced my shaking and anxiety effects so much that I feel like a real person. I never knew what it was like to feel calm until now. I am very thankful for this medicine."

Anonymous November 12, 2010

For Tinnitus "I have tried EVERYTHING and this is the only thing besides ginko biloba that helps. I strongly recommend it. I'd rather be a little sleepy at times then hear totally insane ringing in my ears all the time."

Anonymous November 8, 2010

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Was prescribed this by the VA after retiring from the military. Am new to it but it makes my life so much better! Have had HORRIBLE panic and anxiety attacks for years even before I knew what they were. Driving, meetings, interacting in groups, you name it. So far so good, it really helps!"

GI October 13, 2010

For Anxiety "Completely takes away my anxiety but distorts my memory a bit."

Caro0310 September 23, 2010

For Anxiety "Excellent for anxiety, especially if you start with the minimum amount, 0.25 mg and only take more if needed. I say this because I was prescribed 0.5 mg 3x daily and don't need that much. Try to take the least amount and if that works don't take more since you can build up a slight tolerance over time. My only concern is will I ever be able to be off of medicine. I just wish there was a natural cure for anxiety. I hate being dependent on this."

amyjleak September 21, 2010

183 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "These are the best for my anxiety."

Anonymous September 18, 2010

For Anxiety "My doctor prescribed medication for depression. I have tried three different kinds and had terrible side effects. I am taking Xanax occasionally when anxiety or panic occur and it works for me just great. Generic version alprazolam takes a little longer to kick in."

Anonymous September 3, 2010

For Anxiety "Having suffered panic attacks and anxiety and depression for several years now, always have my Xanax with me in case of any unexpected panic attacks. I take 90mg of Avanza each night in addition to 2mg of Xanax twice a day. Xanax for me has been the only drug that has quick and fast acting results. I don't like flying or heights or crowds and avoid shopping centers but with Xanax can at least function each day and at least leave the house. Good luck to everyone else out there suffering the same. Try Xanax it works for me. Cheers."

tonestar August 27, 2010

For Panic Disorder "I was having panic attacks very bad. Now that I am taking Xanax my life has changed and sometimes I can go days without taking one. When I feel them coming on and I can take a half and feel the relief. It has really helped me."

1Nanny August 26, 2010

For Anxiety "I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for years. It got so bad I would actually be driving, pull over to the side of the road and call 911 because I thought I was having a heart attack, it was really scary. I've been on Xanax for 10 years off and on. I take 0.5mg once a day when I start feeling anxious and my insides feel out of control. It does frighten me to think I could be addicted to this medication, but on the other hand if it relieves my symptoms than I guess I need to take Xanax as needed."

mesohorny August 20, 2010

For Anxiety "Less panic attacks and helps keep you relaxed and open minded. Less stress keeps you panic free and it lowers the stress at least 75% while on the Xanax compared to Lexapro and many others I tried for anxiety and depression."

sillysweet August 16, 2010

For Anxiety "This drug is a life saver! Just don't abuse it."

oxyaaron August 12, 2010

For Panic Disorder "There is such a misconception about Xanax with people thinking you will be addicted forever if you use it. When this medicine is used the right way it can be life changing. Every drug can be abused even over the counter medicines. I can relax just knowing I have my Xanax."

Anonymous August 11, 2010

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I tried almost everything but suffered from horrific panic disorder for 11 years. Finally I decided to take Xanax. I was afraid of getting addicted but, I m so glad I used this it because I have been panic free for the last 11 months. I don't take Xanax everyday anymore at all. I did not get addicted at all. I take it only if I feel like I start getting anxious. I thank Xanax. Xanax is the only thing helped me."

ankar July 13, 2010

For Anxiety "It works wonders. Xanax has made my life so much easier. I am on 2mg 3x a day and I feel like I'm happier and more out going. I don't know what I would do without it ...I give it** 5 *stars**."

jessie jazz July 6, 2010

For Anxiety "I have taken alprazolam for about 2 weeks now and it has really helped control my anxiety. I had my first panic attack and then started getting them everyday and they would last all day. For the first 3 or 4 days I had to take alprazolam every 5 hours (3 times a day). Then I would get the panic attacks when I woke up (9 am) and then around 5pm, so then I took 2 pills a day for about 4 days. Now I am down to one pill in the morning because I keep waking up with anxiety. The alprazolam works in the first 20 minutess but my anxiety gets a little worse when I take it and then it gets so much better! The downside is the bad taste, causes drowsiness, loss of appetite and weight, and is highly addictive. Great for temporary relief!"

panthergurl21 June 16, 2010

For Anxiety "I have been prescribed alprazolam (Xanax) and a variety of other benzodiazipines for the past ten years when I was first diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, my dosage is 2mg 2 x daily. This was recently reduced from 2mg 3 x daily and I admit I do suffer a little but I make the best of it. The most important thing about Xanax is it is addictive and NEVER suddenly stop taking it! You could suffer from what's called a "Benzodiazipine withdrawal seizure". You need to taper your dose down. This is a PROPER and safe way to wean off. But overall, wonderful medicine for anxiety! "

barrebaby33 June 13, 2010

For Anxiety "Amazing for anxiety and panic disorders but another wonderful thing about Xanax is it will even help take the edge off of the common cold and the flu. I have carpal tunnel, arthritis and osteoporosis an it helps relax the joints and muscles just enough to get a good nights sleep. A "wonder drug". It does have some major downfalls also like long-term deppendency."

bobby416 June 3, 2010

For Panic Disorder "I get panic attacks and I was prescribed klonopin 1mg 2 times a day. Helps but no sleep. "

Anonymous May 1, 2010

For Tinnitus "Working well to help me relax and go to sleep."

meangene April 27, 2010