User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 47 reviews 75 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 428 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "Xanax (Alprazolam) is a good drug for anxiety and panic disorder, is wonderful while you're taking it. But I know to leave this medicine is so painful and has many unpleasant effects on the withdrawal. It works great for me."

AnxiousG May 15, 2011

For Anxiety "I started taking Xanax at age 20 and it was a great medicine. I had such bad panic attacks and just constant anxiety 24/7. I started out on a low dose and within 15 mins I felt calm and fine. I got from the place of not being able to walk outside or answer the phone to being able to get married, have a job, go on vacations. Anything I wanted to do. I WAS NORMAL. But now I'm 36 and on the highest dose 4 mg a day and about 4 1/2 years ago my horrible anxiety came back even though I'm taking it. I can't work, drive or really go anywhere anymore. So I guess I'd say it works but then you may build up a tolerance and then it won't work. "

meyarger May 9, 2011

For Anxiety "I was taking 4mg of Xanax almost daily for about a year. I tried to quit cold turkey by being off of them for about 4 days straight and when day 5 hit me I thought I was going to die. I couldn't sleep for the 4 days I didn't have it, constant pacing around the house, twitches like crazy and had to get some ASAP as I was out. It has been over a month now and I am slowly coming off of the Xanax. I am down to about 1mg every 2 days or so and I haven't had any additional medications. It can be done but you have to prepare yourself for it mentally and tell yourself you CAN do it. I have quit in the past and regret ever picking up the bottle again. "

j1nelso May 5, 2011

For Anxiety "Xanax is an excellent medicine for myself. It has prevented panic attacks and helped me through times of rough anxiety. Ativan never worked for me and Klonopin makes me drunk-like and put me in the hospital 3 times. The hospital finally said I have an allergy to Klonopin and could no longer take it. After going on Xanax, I felt so much better and relieved. I try not to take Xanax everyday, as it is not meant to be a long-term solution to anxiety and can be very addicting, so be very careful. I am on Paxil CR and Risperdal on top of Xanax for my anxiety, PTSD, panic disorder, and OCD."

Anonymous April 30, 2011

For Anxiety "Xanax has really helped me relax. I have severe anxiety, depression and PTSD. I take Seroquel XR and recently my doctor switched me from Xanax to Atarax. The Atarax did not work at all. I have suffered from anxiety for years and the only thing that has been effective is Xanax. I would recommend this to anyone who has moderate to severe anxiety. It does have a high addiction rate, so be extremely careful when taking this."

Anonymous March 28, 2011

For Depression "I have been taking 1mg Xanax 4 times daily for 25 years. IT IS THE GREATEST MEDICINE FOR DEPRESSION EVER! No, it does not make me druged-sluggish or anything BAD. Xanax lifts me up when I get down and I do not even want to think about never having Xanax. I know of several friends and family members it would change their life FOR THE BETTER if their Doctors would only prescribe it to them. Of course they should not start on the dosage I take but at least get them started and take it from there.... The antidepressant's JUST DON'T DO IT FOR ME. I have tried several over the YEARS and they just make things worse for me. Xanax allows me to be happy and tolerate the "TOUGH TIMES"."

twentyfiveyears March 27, 2011

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Excellent medicine for anxiety, depression and insomnia."

Anonymous March 9, 2011

For Anxiety "I typically dislike and try to avoid taking medications whenever possible, but with a recent anxiety diagnosis, I was convinced to at least keep some of this on hand in case I need it. I must say that I LOVE Xanax. It really calms me down within about 20 minutes of taking it and helps me sleep almost irrespective of what is going on, but it doesn't leave a hangover effect the next morning. I'm currently in the phase of trying to find a more "regular" medication to control my anxiety/OCD (currently trying venlafaxine), as the Xanax isn't meant to be a daily thing. In the meantime, I'm still using this when I feel I need it. Ativan and Valium don't compare."

stingrae1625 March 8, 2011

For Depression "Why i give a rating of 6 for xanax and depression: I think the help xanax has to offer is enabling your racing thoughts and anxiety to subside long enough to get the good rest/sleep we need just to feel sane. Subsequently, decreasing depression & overwhelmness in our lives. Good luck to all!"

concerned1111 March 7, 2011

For Anxiety "Starting on .25 dosage and has helped my anxiety enormously. Have to say that has also helped my depression as well. I got my 1st good noghts sleep in months. Helps with panic attacks as well. I think sleep depravation plays a major role in scattered thoughts and feeling of hopelessness. Once we start getting back to regular sleep patterns, we can all feel sane and less overwhelmed in our everyday lives! Good luck to all!"

concerned1111 March 7, 2011

For Anxiety "With the death of my mom in June 2009 I immediately started having nausea and vomiting, couldn't eat, couldn't concentrate. I thought I was dying myself. Every time I tried to go to sleep I could feel my heart beating furiously through my chest. I wanted to die myself. My Doctor finally prescribed Xanax after a horrible episode of just trying to drive home from his office. I had to stop about 20 times because I was crying so bad. He said I was suffering from PTSD. Without Xanax I do not think I would have been able to handle all the legal paperwork that I had to do, plus work. Now in 2010 we had to close our business and have lost my job. The whole episode has started up again. I hope the increased dose will help and I can continue my life."

dog lover March 6, 2011

For Anxiety "I think that this is one of the best medicines out there. I take 2 mg four times a day and it just seems to keep me calm and make the world a better place. I used to stress out about the smallest things now, I just go with the flow."

Anonymous February 8, 2011

For Anxiety "I have chronic interstitial cystitis (not sure on spelling) also called painful bladder syndrome. It is like a urinary tract infection times 10. I have to go to bathroom any where from every 30 minutes up to 2 times every 2 hours. So it can be a problem if I'm away from home. If I take my Xanax 0.5mg, I usually don't have to go to bathroom but once every 3 or 4 hrs and since it hurts so bad to urinate and plus I can get sleep at night with not having to go every hour. It has been such a relief. I rate it a 9. My doctor has it written 1 or 2 every 8 hours as needed, but I try to only take it at night. I'm very cautious."

dingy2366 February 7, 2011

For Anxiety "My anxiety is so much under control now."

Anonymous February 3, 2011

For Anxiety "About 15 yrs ago I started taking Xanax. 0.25mg morning and afternoon. It worked wonders. Then the doctors put me on Paxil. I weaned myself off the Xanax, it took about 4 months. But I always have it on hand for the tough times which seem in abundance lately. It acts quickly and has been a life saver for me."

Anonymous January 29, 2011

For Anxiety "I was prescribed this medication in the hospital after suffering severe anxiety attacks. I was only given a couple to get me through until I see my doctor but I found out the doctors are unwilling to give you this medication. I have anxiety attacks everyday but this medication makes me stay calm so I don't suffer from these awful anxiety attacks. I feel relief and that I can go on."

Anonymous January 25, 2011

For Anxiety "I think it's a great medicine but I only take it as needed since its so fast acting. "

Wildatily January 18, 2011

For Anxiety "At first I didn't like the fact of taking medicine everyday, but ever since the day my doctor(physiciatrist) prescribed this to me at first a little drowsy in the morning, but a couple days I felt great especially in the morning. If you have anxiety like me it will make you feel like a whole new man without always being tight and chest feels heavy and sweating could go on. XANAX is a wonderful medicine."

tHE pEOPLE January 14, 2011

For Panic Disorder "This is a miracle medicine, I had night terrors and severe panic attacks. When I started this medicine it has me feeling a lot more normal."

Kimmy13 January 8, 2011

For Panic Disorder "Was better than Ativan by far but just doesn't last long enough. "

oxyaaron November 22, 2010

For Panic Disorder "I have tried many medications for panic disorder. I don't think there was not 1 tablet I have not tried when I was prescribed Xanax. I felt I was given my life back. No horrible side effects of anxiety or panic disorder whatsoever. I can now function without worrying if I went out I would have a panic attack or drop whatever I was doing and go home as I felt like I was dying. My heart would race, my breathing felt like I was taking my last breathe excessive sweating. They all went away. I take 1 mg when needed and have never abused this medication but it has been a life saver for me. It took 30 years to find a tablet that would stop my panic and anxiety disorder and then I tried Xanax from my doctor and I thank her everyday."

dj123 November 21, 2010

For Anxiety "Works wonders and helps with my little social-phobia and it also helps for my depression (with Zoloft)."

headhunterz November 17, 2010

For Anxiety "I've tried many other non-addictive medications and none of them helped my anxiety the way Xanax does. After several other medications, (and hesitation on my part) my doctor finally prescribed me Xanax 1 mg 2-3 times daily depending on my level of anxiety that day. I ended up breaking most of the pills in half and only taking 0.5 mg usually 3x a day, and find it relieves my anxiety without the level of sleepiness a whole mg gives me. I usually only take a whole pill if I feel a panic attack coming on. But, I'll take the mild drowsiness any day over the level of constant anxiety I had prior to starting the drug, and a couple cups of coffee usually does me good. I can definitely tell when a dose starts to wear off though, some withdrawal."

Anonymous November 15, 2010

For Anxiety "I recently realized I have had anxiety practically my whole life. Being thirty years old now, I really wish I had been prescribed this a long time ago. It has reduced my shaking and anxiety effects so much that I feel like a real person. I never knew what it was like to feel calm until now. I am very thankful for this medicine."

Anonymous November 12, 2010

For Tinnitus "I have tried EVERYTHING and this is the only thing besides ginko biloba that helps. I strongly recommend it. I'd rather be a little sleepy at times then hear totally insane ringing in my ears all the time."

Anonymous November 8, 2010

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...9 10 11 12 13 ...Next