User Reviews for Xanax

8.5
Summary of Xanax reviews 365 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by thatoneguy5: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I was switched onto this drug after taking lorazepam (Ativan) which I was very happy with and had almost no side effects with. I started taking it combined with Effexor, and it was horrible. I would take it, pass out for an hour, and wake up feeling the same as before. I could see how it would be good for a panic attack, but for general anxiety it is not very good. If you are on a constant dose, you will be taking them about 3 to 4 times a day which is too much to keep up with. I also found much more intense effects from this drug, which I consider dangerous because I don't want to get addicted to them. I think the drug is good for anxiety attacks, but for general anxieties I would ask for lorazepam or klonopin.

January 10, 2010 7:44 AM
Review by jhuyj: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have been diagnosed with both Dysautonomia and GAD. I cannot take SSRI's as they throw me into an extreme panic state starting with pill one. I finally gave in and accepted Xanax from my doctor. My dosage is 0.05 3 times a day. I never take the prescribed dose but rather 1/2 pill in the morning, daytime if needed and I rarely take at night. My life has done a complete turnaround. I have energy again, I'm not so tense, snappy or experiencing the extreme anxiety that would peak at around 2pm. I'm careful to take as I need, and while doctors may not like prescribing it, the truth is many of us will be on medication forever. I've found something that doesn't feel like medication, I just feel like me.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 17, 2009 12:19 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Great.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 14, 2009 3:29 PM
Review by roxxy51: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I take Paxil 30mg a day and 0.5mg of Xanax 3 times a day. I have as everyone else here does a very horrible panic disorder with agoraphobia. I cannot and do not leave my house. It has been 3 yrs now that I cannot go outside unless if I am with someone and that is a short outing. Xanax is my life saving drug. Yes it doesnot last long in your body but with the Paxil and Xanax together I no longer need to call 911 to go to the ER. Only once did I within the last 6 months due to finding out my best friend in the whole world my dad, has cancer... but as long as this medicine is not abused it works great. With the help of my therapist and psych doctor I hope someday I can go outside but I am still afraid due to the bad panic disorder I have.

December 13, 2009 2:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: After years of talk down therapy, I reached a breaking point. A Doc gave me Xanax and it was a miracle. I was able to go to stores and travel on airlines without Panic Attacks. I have been on Xanax since 1999, .25 Mg before bedtime. This has given me my life back. I do take more for long flights where I spend 12 to 24 hours inside the airline system. I started on .25 Mg daily and 10 years later still use the same amount. If I miss a dose more than a day, I get antsy, then clammy skin and finally unjustified panic attack on 3rd or 4th day. This is well expected and acceptable response to quitting abruptly. Doc has been up front about me using this or some other drug for the rest of my life. It is well worth it.

December 13, 2009 2:54 AM
Review by Ria k: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have (HAD) strong panic and anxiety attacks specially out in public. I feared everything. Always the ... What if this?... What if that? ..worried about the worst things that could happen. Lived on edge of my seat. Then doctor gave me Xanax and I felt like myself again. All fear was gone and I was so much happier. More at ease with things. I didn't stress out so fast and could go have fun in my life. Xanax is my life saver.

December 10, 2009 2:06 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Xanax is the best anxiety medication that I have taken over the past several years. I have been prescribed at least ten or more different medicines and some work to an extent but none are near as effective than Xanax. Xanax has truly been a lifesaver (hands down) for my anxiety and panic attacks.

December 9, 2009 12:07 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: This medicine saved my life after my mother died and shortly after my daughters father was killed. It helped me relax and I was a lot easier to take it day by day. A great alternative to alcohol.

December 1, 2009 12:16 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I use Xanax occasionally as required. I feel relaxed in real sense, feel increase in mental abilities, sleep well and when I wake up I'm in a very fresh mood.

November 30, 2009 12:40 PM
Review by FOOTBALLS: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Very good for anxiety and I think it helps for depression.

November 30, 2009 12:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Tinnitus: It helps me a lot and I don't know what I'd do without it. It has changed my life. Thank you to whoever made this drug.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 18, 2009 2:45 PM
Review by lg1979: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have been on Xanax for about ten years and now it is has had to come to a screeching hault. At first 1mg three times a day was great Ii could work, go into social settings and even to stores. It gradually got up to 2mgs 3 times a day for about 5 years then came the beginning of the end. I had began using more and more of this wonder drug and I ran out horrible withdrawal symptoms beginning with night sweats, not sleeping confusion and finally seizures not to mention the mental twists and games my mind played on me. Now I am on Klonopin and its taken the edge off today. I don't get the wonder drug feeling and I'm not having seizures we will see. Careful with use of this medicine.

November 16, 2009 3:28 PM
Review by my experience: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have been taking a combination of 2mg Xanax 3 times a day, 2mg extended release Xanax once daily, and 3mg klonopin twice daily. I have found that this combination of medications and Xanax itself has helped me get my mind back on the things that matter in my life. Get over my fears and make an enormous amount of friends in my life. Although the only problem is that my doctor now tells me after 18 months of taking this dose that he thinks the Depakote (1000mg) a day is helping me and that he is going to start taking me off the benzodiazapines. I tried to see if I would be able to get off of them and live normally, I found myself worse than before the medication with severe withdrawal symptoms.

November 13, 2009 6:20 PM
Review by Studo1: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Started having panic attacks on a regular basis soon after bypass surgery at 58 yrs. I thought the antidepressant I had been taking for some 30 yrs. wasn't working anymore. After suffering with this for several years, I had a real good one, which sent me to the ER. They gave me a Xanax. Unbelievable, it was like a wave of calm went through me. Haven't been without the drug since. I take it when I feel an attack coming on, and it just dosen't happen. It helps you live a normal life.

November 5, 2009 10:34 PM
Review by destroyed_family: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Xanax was a God send when I was in a terrible car accident and lost my best friend. I knew that it was a controlled substance, so that made me wearly. I recently got into a relationship, and my boyfriends whole family is highly addicted to Xanax. They are prescribed them, buy them off the street, and so on. They fight each other for "bars" and pay a fortune for them. The family is a complete wreck. family members had forgotten important things, like family matters, misplacing wallets, purses etc... even getting into car accidents while they're on them. They helped me when I took them as prescribed, but seeing how my boyfriends family act while on the drug, I would be careful.

November 2, 2009 6:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I had been getting panic attacks for so long they were so scary I had already been to the ER like 4 times and the only thing that did was get me a huge bill that I don't have money to pay. Xanax was like a miracle pill for me. I got some felt so relieved, a little dizzy at first but relieved that I wasn't so panicky any more I'm guessing you should only take it when you start feeling like your going to get a panic attack again or as told by your doctor. Just don't drink any alcohol while you're on Xanax. It does make me feel sleepy but sometimes when I feel like going out I fight it and I don't sleep and I'm still able to go out and enjoy myself.

November 2, 2009 2:22 PM
Review by Aums: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: It works very well for me.

November 1, 2009 3:19 AM
Review by Rx2009: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Xanax got me through a year or so of acute anxiety and debilitating panic attacks. I got rather attached to those pretty lavender pills. I called them "my darling little Easter eggs," they were so precious in relieving the terror that developed into agoraphobia. At max dose I was so sedated I started calling it "Zombinal." It had stopped working its magic, and under the care of a naturopath I simply stopped taking it. Amazingly, after a couple of shaky days, my anxiety diminished and panic attacks were history. I later learned that between depleted receptors and mini-withdrawls, Xanax was actually causing my symptoms. No more Xanax, no more panic, not even the slightest anxiety. I guess I got cured.

October 27, 2009 3:00 AM
Review by Parabola: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Found the brand name was by far more effective than generic alprazolam. I find typically I do much better with brand names than generics, depending on your co pays I'd go for the brand names, the difference in my insurance is generics are 3 and brand is 6 so it's a world of a difference to me. I felt or 'thought' the Xanax wasn't working, but realized I was on generic alprazolam and switched it, it was like night and day.

October 26, 2009 4:20 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: It is great.

October 21, 2009 1:37 PM
Review by Arnce: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have been on Alprazolam for 10 years for panic disorder and anxiety. I am still on the same dosage that I was ten years ago and I am definitely sure that drug companies differ in their drug production. Whenever I pick up a prescription and the pharmacy tells me it's "just a different company", the red flag goes up. The oval shaped 1 mg. tablet just does not work as well at the round 1 mg. tablet.

October 20, 2009 3:22 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Medication works fast - I received instant results. Amazing. If I only knew before, I could have experienced less miserable days.

October 11, 2009 3:59 PM
Review by sinloi: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have been on Xanax (Alprazolam) for over 10 years for severe panic attacks and perpetual anxiety from PTSD and horrible things going on in my life. I've found this to be very effective to rapidly nip this in the bud, for a short period of time. I do not abuse this and am a non drinker. Life is so out of control for me that this is the only thing that works to any degree.

October 8, 2009 2:13 PM

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: It works great for me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 5, 2009 9:00 PM
Review by abby24: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: They are a huge help, I have post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and agoraphobia and if I didn't have Xanax don't think I could go out of the house. I also have seizures and take Topamax. Everything got worse when my libido passed! Now I can do the things I used to do!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate