User Reviews for Xanax

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 396 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by stingrae1625:

For Anxiety: I typically dislike and try to avoid taking medications whenever possible, but with a recent anxiety diagnosis, I was convinced to at least keep some of this on hand in case I need it. I must say that I LOVE Xanax. It really calms me down within about 20 minutes of taking it and helps me sleep almost irrespective of what is going on, but it doesn't leave a hangover effect the next morning. I'm currently in the phase of trying to find a more "regular" medication to control my anxiety/OCD (currently trying venlafaxine), as the Xanax isn't meant to be a daily thing. In the meantime, I'm still using this when I feel I need it. Ativan and Valium don't compare.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2011 2:57 PM

Review by concerned1111:

For Depression: Why i give a rating of 6 for xanax and depression: I think the help xanax has to offer is enabling your racing thoughts and anxiety to subside long enough to get the good rest/sleep we need just to feel sane. Subsequently, decreasing depression & overwhelmness in our lives. Good luck to all!

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2011 12:09 PM

Review by concerned1111:

For Anxiety: Starting on .25 dosage and has helped my anxiety enormously. Have to say that has also helped my depression as well. I got my 1st good noghts sleep in months. Helps with panic attacks as well. I think sleep depravation plays a major role in scattered thoughts and feeling of hopelessness. Once we start getting back to regular sleep patterns, we can all feel sane and less overwhelmed in our everyday lives! Good luck to all!

March 7, 2011 12:03 PM

Review by dog lover:

For Anxiety: With the death of my mom in June 2009 I immediately started having nausea and vomiting, couldn't eat, couldn't concentrate. I thought I was dying myself. Every time I tried to go to sleep I could feel my heart beating furiously through my chest. I wanted to die myself. My Doctor finally prescribed Xanax after a horrible episode of just trying to drive home from his office. I had to stop about 20 times because I was crying so bad. He said I was suffering from PTSD. Without Xanax I do not think I would have been able to handle all the legal paperwork that I had to do, plus work. Now in 2010 we had to close our business and have lost my job. The whole episode has started up again. I hope the increased dose will help and I can continue my life.

March 6, 2011 4:39 AM

For Anxiety: I think that this is one of the best medicines out there. I take 2 mg four times a day and it just seems to keep me calm and make the world a better place. I used to stress out about the smallest things now, I just go with the flow.

February 8, 2011 11:20 AM

Review by dingy2366:

For Anxiety: I have chronic interstitial cystitis (not sure on spelling) also called painful bladder syndrome. It is like a urinary tract infection times 10. I have to go to bathroom any where from every 30 minutes up to 2 times every 2 hours. So it can be a problem if I'm away from home. If I take my Xanax 0.5mg, I usually don't have to go to bathroom but once every 3 or 4 hrs and since it hurts so bad to urinate and plus I can get sleep at night with not having to go every hour. It has been such a relief. I rate it a 9. My doctor has it written 1 or 2 every 8 hours as needed, but I try to only take it at night. I'm very cautious.

February 7, 2011 12:45 PM

For Anxiety: My anxiety is so much under control now.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2011 1:06 PM

For Anxiety: About 15 yrs ago I started taking Xanax. 0.25mg morning and afternoon. It worked wonders. Then the doctors put me on Paxil. I weaned myself off the Xanax, it took about 4 months. But I always have it on hand for the tough times which seem in abundance lately. It acts quickly and has been a life saver for me.

January 29, 2011 11:25 PM

For Anxiety: I was prescribed this medication in the hospital after suffering severe anxiety attacks. I was only given a couple to get me through until I see my doctor but I found out the doctors are unwilling to give you this medication. I have anxiety attacks everyday but this medication makes me stay calm so I don't suffer from these awful anxiety attacks. I feel relief and that I can go on.

January 25, 2011 9:41 PM

Review by Wildatily:

For Anxiety: I think it's a great medicine but I only take it as needed since its so fast acting.

January 18, 2011 8:19 PM

Review by tHE pEOPLE:

For Anxiety: At first I didn't like the fact of taking medicine everyday, but ever since the day my doctor(physiciatrist) prescribed this to me at first a little drowsy in the morning, but a couple days I felt great especially in the morning. If you have anxiety like me it will make you feel like a whole new man without always being tight and chest feels heavy and sweating could go on. XANAX is a wonderful medicine.

January 14, 2011 4:47 PM

Review by Kimmy13:

For Panic Disorder: This is a miracle medicine, I had night terrors and severe panic attacks. When I started this medicine it has me feeling a lot more normal.

January 8, 2011 4:56 PM

Review by oxyaaron:

For Panic Disorder: Was better than Ativan by far but just doesn't last long enough.

November 22, 2010 3:16 PM

Review by dj123:

For Panic Disorder: I have tried many medications for panic disorder. I don't think there was not 1 tablet I have not tried when I was prescribed Xanax. I felt I was given my life back. No horrible side effects of anxiety or panic disorder whatsoever. I can now function without worrying if I went out I would have a panic attack or drop whatever I was doing and go home as I felt like I was dying. My heart would race, my breathing felt like I was taking my last breathe excessive sweating. They all went away. I take 1 mg when needed and have never abused this medication but it has been a life saver for me. It took 30 years to find a tablet that would stop my panic and anxiety disorder and then I tried Xanax from my doctor and I thank her everyday.

November 21, 2010 11:37 AM

Review by headhunterz:

For Anxiety: Works wonders and helps with my little social-phobia and it also helps for my depression (with Zoloft).

November 17, 2010 5:52 PM

For Anxiety: I've tried many other non-addictive medications and none of them helped my anxiety the way Xanax does. After several other medications, (and hesitation on my part) my doctor finally prescribed me Xanax 1 mg 2-3 times daily depending on my level of anxiety that day. I ended up breaking most of the pills in half and only taking 0.5 mg usually 3x a day, and find it relieves my anxiety without the level of sleepiness a whole mg gives me. I usually only take a whole pill if I feel a panic attack coming on. But, I'll take the mild drowsiness any day over the level of constant anxiety I had prior to starting the drug, and a couple cups of coffee usually does me good. I can definitely tell when a dose starts to wear off though, some withdrawal.

November 15, 2010 9:38 PM

For Anxiety: I recently realized I have had anxiety practically my whole life. Being thirty years old now, I really wish I had been prescribed this a long time ago. It has reduced my shaking and anxiety effects so much that I feel like a real person. I never knew what it was like to feel calm until now. I am very thankful for this medicine.

November 12, 2010 11:57 AM

For Tinnitus: I have tried EVERYTHING and this is the only thing besides ginko biloba that helps. I strongly recommend it. I'd rather be a little sleepy at times then hear totally insane ringing in my ears all the time.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2010 9:43 PM

Review by GI:

For Anxiety: Was prescribed this by the VA after retiring from the military. Am new to it but it makes my life so much better! Have had HORRIBLE panic and anxiety attacks for years even before I knew what they were. Driving, meetings, interacting in groups, you name it. So far so good, it really helps!

October 13, 2010 10:02 AM

Review by Caro0310:

For Anxiety: Completely takes away my anxiety but distorts my memory a bit.

September 23, 2010 12:57 AM

Review by amyjleak:

For Anxiety: Excellent for anxiety, especially if you start with the minimum amount, 0.25 mg and only take more if needed. I say this because I was prescribed 0.5 mg 3x daily and don't need that much. Try to take the least amount and if that works don't take more since you can build up a slight tolerance over time. My only concern is will I ever be able to be off of medicine. I just wish there was a natural cure for anxiety. I hate being dependent on this.

182 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2010 8:16 PM

For Anxiety: These are the best for my anxiety.

September 18, 2010 5:36 PM

For Anxiety: My doctor prescribed medication for depression. I have tried three different kinds and had terrible side effects. I am taking Xanax occasionally when anxiety or panic occur and it works for me just great. Generic version alprazolam takes a little longer to kick in.

September 3, 2010 1:08 PM

Review by tonestar:

For Anxiety: Having suffered panic attacks and anxiety and depression for several years now, always have my Xanax with me in case of any unexpected panic attacks. I take 90mg of Avanza each night in addition to 2mg of Xanax twice a day. Xanax for me has been the only drug that has quick and fast acting results. I don't like flying or heights or crowds and avoid shopping centers but with Xanax can at least function each day and at least leave the house. Good luck to everyone else out there suffering the same. Try Xanax it works for me. Cheers.

August 27, 2010 11:57 PM

Review by 1Nanny:

For Panic Disorder: I was having panic attacks very bad. Now that I am taking Xanax my life has changed and sometimes I can go days without taking one. When I feel them coming on and I can take a half and feel the relief. It has really helped me.

August 26, 2010 9:06 AM