Pill Identifier App

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 408 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by jerrywarriner:

For Panic Disorder: This medicine is a life-saver. Before I began taking Xanax the suffering I endured was indescribable. I panicked when I rode on trains or buses. I almost went out of my mind if a train stopped or slowed down between stations and I could not get off. I felt trapped. During a job interview I suffered such a severe panic attack that I wanted to flee into the street. My doctor prescribed Xanax and I was able to start and continue to work. Otherwise, I would have committed suicide. Fortunately, I get a generous supply each month, which I use up. I've heard horror stories from people whose doctors will not prescribe benzodiazepines at all. Also, some states place unnecessary red tape on Xanax prescriptions.

May 30, 2011 12:29 AM

Review by brenmari:

For Anxiety: It's sad. Ever since I was a child I've had anxiety problems and it only seems to get worse with age. I've used Xanax for years to help control it, when it feels like I'm going to have a heart attack (racing heart) or I start shaking so bad I can't even think straight. Xanax worked wonders for me. Now my MD. wants to stop it. I'm on Cymbalta and unfortunately, I find it a very poor substitute. As I find it doesn't do 'The Great Job Xanax Did'.

May 23, 2011 1:11 AM

Review by marlly:

For Anxiety: I have been on Xanax for a few years for anxiety and panic attacks and have found Xanax to be very helpful and not as addictive as many other medications.

May 20, 2011 5:51 AM

Review by dontflywell:

For Panic Disorder: This was the only thing that would get me back on an airplane after 911. I fly a lot for my work, I have found it helps me deal with TSA with all the lines in security. I take the 0.5mg as needed, only need them for flying. No, I am not a pilot!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2011 12:25 AM

Review by raraider:

For Panic Disorder: Xanax has been an extremely effective medication. I have severe panic with agoraphobia and failed to respond to therapy, clonazepam, paroxetine, other benzodiazepines, antidepressants, AED's, beta-blockers, and others. I have taken up to 12 mg/day but I find that 4-6 mg/day is best. Side effects are non-existent nor have I ever experienced any form of withdrawal. Incidentally Xanax (along with imipramine) have been shown to be effective for years of continuous use. Great for either short-term use, and if needed, long-term use.

May 17, 2011 1:25 AM

Review by AnxiousG:

For Anxiety: Xanax (Alprazolam) is a good drug for anxiety and panic disorder, is wonderful while you're taking it. But I know to leave this medicine is so painful and has many unpleasant effects on the withdrawal. It works great for me.

May 15, 2011 10:37 PM

Review by meyarger:

For Anxiety: I started taking Xanax at age 20 and it was a great medicine. I had such bad panic attacks and just constant anxiety 24/7. I started out on a low dose and within 15 mins I felt calm and fine. I got from the place of not being able to walk outside or answer the phone to being able to get married, have a job, go on vacations. Anything I wanted to do. I WAS NORMAL. But now I'm 36 and on the highest dose 4 mg a day and about 4 1/2 years ago my horrible anxiety came back even though I'm taking it. I can't work, drive or really go anywhere anymore. So I guess I'd say it works but then you may build up a tolerance and then it won't work.

May 9, 2011 2:55 PM

Review by j1nelso:

For Anxiety: I was taking 4mg of Xanax almost daily for about a year. I tried to quit cold turkey by being off of them for about 4 days straight and when day 5 hit me I thought I was going to die. I couldn't sleep for the 4 days I didn't have it, constant pacing around the house, twitches like crazy and had to get some ASAP as I was out. It has been over a month now and I am slowly coming off of the Xanax. I am down to about 1mg every 2 days or so and I haven't had any additional medications. It can be done but you have to prepare yourself for it mentally and tell yourself you CAN do it. I have quit in the past and regret ever picking up the bottle again.

May 5, 2011 10:25 PM

For Anxiety: Xanax is an excellent medicine for myself. It has prevented panic attacks and helped me through times of rough anxiety. Ativan never worked for me and Klonopin makes me drunk-like and put me in the hospital 3 times. The hospital finally said I have an allergy to Klonopin and could no longer take it. After going on Xanax, I felt so much better and relieved. I try not to take Xanax everyday, as it is not meant to be a long-term solution to anxiety and can be very addicting, so be very careful. I am on Paxil CR and Risperdal on top of Xanax for my anxiety, PTSD, panic disorder, and OCD.

April 30, 2011 8:03 AM

For Anxiety: Xanax has really helped me relax. I have severe anxiety, depression and PTSD. I take Seroquel XR and recently my doctor switched me from Xanax to Atarax. The Atarax did not work at all. I have suffered from anxiety for years and the only thing that has been effective is Xanax. I would recommend this to anyone who has moderate to severe anxiety. It does have a high addiction rate, so be extremely careful when taking this.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2011 12:11 PM

Review by twentyfiveyears:

For Depression: I have been taking 1mg Xanax 4 times daily for 25 years. IT IS THE GREATEST MEDICINE FOR DEPRESSION EVER! No, it does not make me druged-sluggish or anything BAD. Xanax lifts me up when I get down and I do not even want to think about never having Xanax. I know of several friends and family members it would change their life FOR THE BETTER if their Doctors would only prescribe it to them. Of course they should not start on the dosage I take but at least get them started and take it from there.... The antidepressant's JUST DON'T DO IT FOR ME. I have tried several over the YEARS and they just make things worse for me. Xanax allows me to be happy and tolerate the "TOUGH TIMES".

130 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2011 11:03 PM

For Anxiety: Excellent medicine for anxiety, depression and insomnia.

March 9, 2011 3:13 PM

Review by stingrae1625:

For Anxiety: I typically dislike and try to avoid taking medications whenever possible, but with a recent anxiety diagnosis, I was convinced to at least keep some of this on hand in case I need it. I must say that I LOVE Xanax. It really calms me down within about 20 minutes of taking it and helps me sleep almost irrespective of what is going on, but it doesn't leave a hangover effect the next morning. I'm currently in the phase of trying to find a more "regular" medication to control my anxiety/OCD (currently trying venlafaxine), as the Xanax isn't meant to be a daily thing. In the meantime, I'm still using this when I feel I need it. Ativan and Valium don't compare.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2011 2:57 PM

Review by concerned1111:

For Depression: Why i give a rating of 6 for xanax and depression: I think the help xanax has to offer is enabling your racing thoughts and anxiety to subside long enough to get the good rest/sleep we need just to feel sane. Subsequently, decreasing depression & overwhelmness in our lives. Good luck to all!

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2011 12:09 PM

Review by concerned1111:

For Anxiety: Starting on .25 dosage and has helped my anxiety enormously. Have to say that has also helped my depression as well. I got my 1st good noghts sleep in months. Helps with panic attacks as well. I think sleep depravation plays a major role in scattered thoughts and feeling of hopelessness. Once we start getting back to regular sleep patterns, we can all feel sane and less overwhelmed in our everyday lives! Good luck to all!

March 7, 2011 12:03 PM

Review by dog lover:

For Anxiety: With the death of my mom in June 2009 I immediately started having nausea and vomiting, couldn't eat, couldn't concentrate. I thought I was dying myself. Every time I tried to go to sleep I could feel my heart beating furiously through my chest. I wanted to die myself. My Doctor finally prescribed Xanax after a horrible episode of just trying to drive home from his office. I had to stop about 20 times because I was crying so bad. He said I was suffering from PTSD. Without Xanax I do not think I would have been able to handle all the legal paperwork that I had to do, plus work. Now in 2010 we had to close our business and have lost my job. The whole episode has started up again. I hope the increased dose will help and I can continue my life.

March 6, 2011 4:39 AM

For Anxiety: I think that this is one of the best medicines out there. I take 2 mg four times a day and it just seems to keep me calm and make the world a better place. I used to stress out about the smallest things now, I just go with the flow.

February 8, 2011 11:20 AM

Review by dingy2366:

For Anxiety: I have chronic interstitial cystitis (not sure on spelling) also called painful bladder syndrome. It is like a urinary tract infection times 10. I have to go to bathroom any where from every 30 minutes up to 2 times every 2 hours. So it can be a problem if I'm away from home. If I take my Xanax 0.5mg, I usually don't have to go to bathroom but once every 3 or 4 hrs and since it hurts so bad to urinate and plus I can get sleep at night with not having to go every hour. It has been such a relief. I rate it a 9. My doctor has it written 1 or 2 every 8 hours as needed, but I try to only take it at night. I'm very cautious.

February 7, 2011 12:45 PM

For Anxiety: My anxiety is so much under control now.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2011 1:06 PM

For Anxiety: About 15 yrs ago I started taking Xanax. 0.25mg morning and afternoon. It worked wonders. Then the doctors put me on Paxil. I weaned myself off the Xanax, it took about 4 months. But I always have it on hand for the tough times which seem in abundance lately. It acts quickly and has been a life saver for me.

January 29, 2011 11:25 PM

For Anxiety: I was prescribed this medication in the hospital after suffering severe anxiety attacks. I was only given a couple to get me through until I see my doctor but I found out the doctors are unwilling to give you this medication. I have anxiety attacks everyday but this medication makes me stay calm so I don't suffer from these awful anxiety attacks. I feel relief and that I can go on.

January 25, 2011 9:41 PM

Review by Wildatily:

For Anxiety: I think it's a great medicine but I only take it as needed since its so fast acting.

January 18, 2011 8:19 PM

Review by tHE pEOPLE:

For Anxiety: At first I didn't like the fact of taking medicine everyday, but ever since the day my doctor(physiciatrist) prescribed this to me at first a little drowsy in the morning, but a couple days I felt great especially in the morning. If you have anxiety like me it will make you feel like a whole new man without always being tight and chest feels heavy and sweating could go on. XANAX is a wonderful medicine.

January 14, 2011 4:47 PM

Review by Kimmy13:

For Panic Disorder: This is a miracle medicine, I had night terrors and severe panic attacks. When I started this medicine it has me feeling a lot more normal.

January 8, 2011 4:56 PM

Review by oxyaaron:

For Panic Disorder: Was better than Ativan by far but just doesn't last long enough.

November 22, 2010 3:16 PM