User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 47 reviews 75 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 428 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Xanax

For Tinnitus "This worked great for me until my Doctor retired and the new Doctor taking over patients wont prescribe it. Now ringing in ears is back in full force."

Anonymous October 4, 2011

For Anxiety "Amazing medicine"

smileys(: September 21, 2011

For Anxiety "I have suffered from anxiety for years and tried to combat it without medicines. I finally gave in and went to the doctor and was given Xanax. This medicine has tremendously helped my anxiety. I take 0.50 mg as needed (about once a week). It begins working within 10 minutes and doesn't wear-off until 4-5 hours later, which is perfect for me. It can make me a little drowsy, but not to the point where I feel like I'm going to fall asleep while I'm in public. I have never been addicted to this medicine, as I've been very careful to ONLY take it when I really need it."

Anonymous September 17, 2011

For Panic Disorder "This medication has literally changed my life. I was house bound prior to taking Xanax for panic. 99% of my symptoms have disappeared in the last 6 months and again, it's a new life. I feel normal again."

Anonymous September 12, 2011

For Panic Disorder "I have suffered from a very severe anxiety and panic disorder all of my life. I was given Xanax about a year ago because the medications I was taking were not working. I started taking the Xanax which did take care of the panic attacks for the most part. But what I did not realize is that though I was taking the dosage that the doctor had prescribed to me I was blacking out and getting very violent or I would be asleep my eyes would open I would punch my boyfriend in the face and try to choke him then go back to sleep like nothing even happened. The morning after these events he would wake up on the couch and tell me what I had done. I did not remember doing any of this. It was terrifying."

Kristen90 September 8, 2011

For Depression "Have panic attacks approximately twice per year emerging with breathing problems. Result was depression with sleep hours falling from normal 8 hours to 2~3 hours. I fight depression with citalopram hydrobromide (Exenadil 20mg). Xanax helps me sleep whenever I feel I will miss my sleep. My schedule : Take depression medicine every two months for 6 months period. Take Xanax ONLY at night before sleep WHENEVER I feel I will miss my sleep. Fight my ugly morning wake ups by my own doing the most favorable things of the day in the morning."

Ctf September 6, 2011

"I could not get on a plane, in elevators, rooms without windows, or even a automated car wash. Thank goodness for this medication and the doctors that helped me find some peace in my life and now I just got back from seeing my sister 2000 miles away (went there by plane- I did advise my flight attendant i was on this medication and to wake me if I fell asleep)."

Anonymous August 31, 2011

For Anxiety "Too make a long story short, a little over 2 weeks ago after an MRI, we were told our daughter had a birth defect called Chiari which required brain surgery, which is scheduled for September 9, 2011. My anxiety was so bad I couldn't function normally and couldn't stop crying, couldn't sleep, had chest pains and my head was so lightheaded I thought I would pass out. Xanax stopped all of it. I only rate it an 8, not because of how it works, but because of me. I still can't control my anxiety without help from Xanax. Now I can sleep, breath and only cry once a day if at all. I'm seeing a shrink and feeling stronger so maybe soon I will be in control of myself again and handle my families life again as a strong mom and woman."

Anonymous August 17, 2011

For Panic Disorder "This is the only drug that has kept my generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder under control. I prescribed this by my PCP when I was about 20 and have been taking it up to the present. I couldn't go without it. "

Xanax4ever August 10, 2011

For Depression "It's the best medication I ever taking for anxiety and an instant antidepressant. I have taken it since I was about 21, and it still works great. "

bestbenzo August 10, 2011

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I've been on Alprazolam (Xanax) for over five years now. I take 2mg four times a day. Xanax is the only medication, when taken as prescribed, that allows me to manage my anxiety and panic disorder. I have my Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), My Severe Panic Disorder, My Antisocial tendencies, My Social Anxiety, My insecurity's and even my Agoraphobia all to a tolerable level. Xanax has greatly improved the quality of my life. If you can't find anything else that works, ask your doctor about Alprazolam."

Anonymous August 8, 2011

For Anxiety "This medicine is great. No side effects. Calms me down. Helps with the racing thoughts at night and to relax and get to sleep. I also had panic attacks, now with Xanax they are gone. I only take 0.5mg at night and as needed when nervous or with social anxiety if I go out. It works wonders. It is sad that many doctors do not want to prescribe it because of stigma of abuse and it really would help many people with anxiety disorders."

monchaloca1 August 3, 2011

For Panic Disorder "I was diagnosed with a severe panic disorder that literally took over my life. I was prescribed Xanax 0.25mg it is my life saver. I feel like my old self and I look forward to getting up in the morning. I was petrified of getting the panic attacks and this medication has helped and it works within 15 minutes of taking it. I have had reduced attacks and feel so much better. The only downside is you feel a little bit drowsy and if you are late taking it on time I found I would get severe blurred vision. It usually passed within a few hours. You definitely have to take it on time."

Anonymous August 1, 2011

For Anxiety "I have emphysema related anxiety and Xanax is the only thing that helps me. It does not get rid of the anxiety attacks but is strong enough to manage getting my anxiety attack under control. The quality of my life is unbearable without this medication."

Anonymous July 26, 2011

For Anxiety "Xanax for panic attacks saved my life. I had developed agoraphobia after 9 months or so of severe panic. I was prescribed Xanax for occasional use by a very smart doctor and just knowing I had them to rely on if I needed them was enough to end the cycle of panic. If you panic, they work quickly to end the attack. I know that people have trouble with withdrawal if they're used for too long. I did my best to breathe through the attacks and fend them off myself, but when I couldn't Xanax was a savior."

Anonymous July 18, 2011

For Anxiety "Calms my anxiety better then anything else. When I have anxiety attacks and take one or two Xanax I actually feel normal again and a lot more outgoing and I'm not so shy or afraid to meet and talk to new people that I may meet."

kr1987 July 13, 2011

For Panic Disorder "Having burning tongue syndrome is very rare and it feels like you have an electric cable attached to your tongue. After 3 years and 14 doctors and about 20 different medicines not to mention brain surgery NOTHING worked. One day I had a panic attack and the emergency room doctor prescribed Xanax. It took me week and half to try it but the result was immediate. For 1st time in years I feel like living again."

Suzanne mc July 11, 2011

For Anxiety "Effectively and rapidly eliminates symptoms of my anxiety. Also works well in calming my thoughts down. Only downside of this medication that I can conjure up is a propensity to make me lethargic...but this is only a significant problem if I'm not engaged in some sort of physical or mental diversion."

lambnj24 July 11, 2011

For Anxiety "I have two small children and it can be a lot to deal with on a daily basis. My doctor prescribed 1mg twice a day and it has helped tremendously with taking care of my daily activities and not being so stressed out all the time. I would say to anybody with a problem with stress or raising small kids it definitely helps make things a lot more bearable."

Anonymous June 28, 2011

For Depression "Xanax is one of the best medicines ever made to help depression and anxiety. They shouldn't be so hard to get prescribed though. They are a wonderful medicine that makes you happy even when you have major problems. If everyone took Xanax it would be the happiest country in the world."

Anonymous June 14, 2011

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "This medicine is a life-saver. Before I began taking Xanax the suffering I endured was indescribable. I panicked when I rode on trains or buses. I almost went out of my mind if a train stopped or slowed down between stations and I could not get off. I felt trapped. During a job interview I suffered such a severe panic attack that I wanted to flee into the street. My doctor prescribed Xanax and I was able to start and continue to work. Otherwise, I would have committed suicide. Fortunately, I get a generous supply each month, which I use up. I've heard horror stories from people whose doctors will not prescribe benzodiazepines at all. Also, some states place unnecessary red tape on Xanax prescriptions."

jerrywarriner May 30, 2011

For Anxiety "It's sad. Ever since I was a child I've had anxiety problems and it only seems to get worse with age. I've used Xanax for years to help control it, when it feels like I'm going to have a heart attack (racing heart) or I start shaking so bad I can't even think straight. Xanax worked wonders for me. Now my MD. wants to stop it. I'm on Cymbalta and unfortunately, I find it a very poor substitute. As I find it doesn't do 'The Great Job Xanax Did'. "

brenmari May 23, 2011

For Anxiety "I have been on Xanax for a few years for anxiety and panic attacks and have found Xanax to be very helpful and not as addictive as many other medications."

marlly May 20, 2011

For Panic Disorder "This was the only thing that would get me back on an airplane after 911. I fly a lot for my work, I have found it helps me deal with TSA with all the lines in security. I take the 0.5mg as needed, only need them for flying. No, I am not a pilot!"

dontflywell May 20, 2011

For Panic Disorder "Xanax has been an extremely effective medication. I have severe panic with agoraphobia and failed to respond to therapy, clonazepam, paroxetine, other benzodiazepines, antidepressants, AED's, beta-blockers, and others. I have taken up to 12 mg/day but I find that 4-6 mg/day is best. Side effects are non-existent nor have I ever experienced any form of withdrawal. Incidentally Xanax (along with imipramine) have been shown to be effective for years of continuous use. Great for either short-term use, and if needed, long-term use."

raraider May 17, 2011