User Reviews for Xanax

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 382 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by headhunterz:

For Anxiety: Works wonders and helps with my little social-phobia and it also helps for my depression (with Zoloft).

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2010 5:52 PM

For Anxiety: I've tried many other non-addictive medications and none of them helped my anxiety the way Xanax does. After several other medications, (and hesitation on my part) my doctor finally prescribed me Xanax 1 mg 2-3 times daily depending on my level of anxiety that day. I ended up breaking most of the pills in half and only taking 0.5 mg usually 3x a day, and find it relieves my anxiety without the level of sleepiness a whole mg gives me. I usually only take a whole pill if I feel a panic attack coming on. But, I'll take the mild drowsiness any day over the level of constant anxiety I had prior to starting the drug, and a couple cups of coffee usually does me good. I can definitely tell when a dose starts to wear off though, some withdrawal.

November 15, 2010 9:38 PM

For Anxiety: I recently realized I have had anxiety practically my whole life. Being thirty years old now, I really wish I had been prescribed this a long time ago. It has reduced my shaking and anxiety effects so much that I feel like a real person. I never knew what it was like to feel calm until now. I am very thankful for this medicine.

November 12, 2010 11:57 AM

For Tinnitus: I have tried EVERYTHING and this is the only thing besides ginko biloba that helps. I strongly recommend it. I'd rather be a little sleepy at times then hear totally insane ringing in my ears all the time.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2010 9:43 PM

Review by GI:

For Anxiety: Was prescribed this by the VA after retiring from the military. Am new to it but it makes my life so much better! Have had HORRIBLE panic and anxiety attacks for years even before I knew what they were. Driving, meetings, interacting in groups, you name it. So far so good, it really helps!

October 13, 2010 10:02 AM

Review by Caro0310:

For Anxiety: Completely takes away my anxiety but distorts my memory a bit.

September 23, 2010 12:57 AM

Review by amyjleak:

For Anxiety: Excellent for anxiety, especially if you start with the minimum amount, 0.25 mg and only take more if needed. I say this because I was prescribed 0.5 mg 3x daily and don't need that much. Try to take the least amount and if that works don't take more since you can build up a slight tolerance over time. My only concern is will I ever be able to be off of medicine. I just wish there was a natural cure for anxiety. I hate being dependent on this.

179 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2010 8:16 PM

For Anxiety: These are the best for my anxiety.

September 18, 2010 5:36 PM

For Anxiety: My doctor prescribed medication for depression. I have tried three different kinds and had terrible side effects. I am taking Xanax occasionally when anxiety or panic occur and it works for me just great. Generic version alprazolam takes a little longer to kick in.

September 3, 2010 1:08 PM

Review by tonestar:

For Anxiety: Having suffered panic attacks and anxiety and depression for several years now, always have my Xanax with me in case of any unexpected panic attacks. I take 90mg of Avanza each night in addition to 2mg of Xanax twice a day. Xanax for me has been the only drug that has quick and fast acting results. I don't like flying or heights or crowds and avoid shopping centers but with Xanax can at least function each day and at least leave the house. Good luck to everyone else out there suffering the same. Try Xanax it works for me. Cheers.

August 27, 2010 11:57 PM

Review by 1Nanny:

For Panic Disorder: I was having panic attacks very bad. Now that I am taking Xanax my life has changed and sometimes I can go days without taking one. When I feel them coming on and I can take a half and feel the relief. It has really helped me.

August 26, 2010 9:06 AM

Review by mesohorny:

For Anxiety: I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for years. It got so bad I would actually be driving, pull over to the side of the road and call 911 because I thought I was having a heart attack, it was really scary. I've been on Xanax for 10 years off and on. I take 0.5mg once a day when I start feeling anxious and my insides feel out of control. It does frighten me to think I could be addicted to this medication, but on the other hand if it relieves my symptoms than I guess I need to take Xanax as needed.

August 20, 2010 3:37 AM

Review by sillysweet:

For Anxiety: Less panic attacks and helps keep you relaxed and open minded. Less stress keeps you panic free and it lowers the stress at least 75% while on the Xanax compared to Lexapro and many others I tried for anxiety and depression.

August 16, 2010 3:29 PM

Review by oxyaaron:

For Anxiety: This drug is a life saver! Just don't abuse it.

August 12, 2010 5:51 PM

For Panic Disorder: There is such a misconception about Xanax with people thinking you will be addicted forever if you use it. When this medicine is used the right way it can be life changing. Every drug can be abused even over the counter medicines. I can relax just knowing I have my Xanax.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2010 6:23 PM

Review by ankar:

For Panic Disorder: I tried almost everything but suffered from horrific panic disorder for 11 years. Finally I decided to take Xanax. I was afraid of getting addicted but, I m so glad I used this it because I have been panic free for the last 11 months. I don't take Xanax everyday anymore at all. I did not get addicted at all. I take it only if I feel like I start getting anxious. I thank Xanax. Xanax is the only thing helped me.

July 13, 2010 11:13 PM

Review by jessie jazz:

For Anxiety: It works wonders. Xanax has made my life so much easier. I am on 2mg 3x a day and I feel like I'm happier and more out going. I don't know what I would do without it ...I give it** 5 *stars**.

July 6, 2010 2:18 AM

Review by panthergurl21:

For Anxiety: I have taken alprazolam for about 2 weeks now and it has really helped control my anxiety. I had my first panic attack and then started getting them everyday and they would last all day. For the first 3 or 4 days I had to take alprazolam every 5 hours (3 times a day). Then I would get the panic attacks when I woke up (9 am) and then around 5pm, so then I took 2 pills a day for about 4 days. Now I am down to one pill in the morning because I keep waking up with anxiety. The alprazolam works in the first 20 minutess but my anxiety gets a little worse when I take it and then it gets so much better! The downside is the bad taste, causes drowsiness, loss of appetite and weight, and is highly addictive. Great for temporary relief!

June 16, 2010 3:14 PM

Review by barrebaby33:

For Anxiety: I have been prescribed alprazolam (Xanax) and a variety of other benzodiazipines for the past ten years when I was first diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, my dosage is 2mg 2 x daily. This was recently reduced from 2mg 3 x daily and I admit I do suffer a little but I make the best of it. The most important thing about Xanax is it is addictive and NEVER suddenly stop taking it! You could suffer from what's called a "Benzodiazipine withdrawal seizure". You need to taper your dose down. This is a PROPER and safe way to wean off. But overall, wonderful medicine for anxiety!

June 13, 2010 6:39 PM

Review by bobby416:

For Anxiety: Amazing for anxiety and panic disorders but another wonderful thing about Xanax is it will even help take the edge off of the common cold and the flu. I have carpal tunnel, arthritis and osteoporosis an it helps relax the joints and muscles just enough to get a good nights sleep. A "wonder drug". It does have some major downfalls also like long-term deppendency.

June 3, 2010 10:17 PM

For Panic Disorder: I get panic attacks and I was prescribed klonopin 1mg 2 times a day. Helps but no sleep.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2010 5:46 AM

Review by meangene:

For Tinnitus: Working well to help me relax and go to sleep.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 27, 2010 11:05 PM

Review by deemison:

For Anxiety: It works great for panic attacks, but is horrible as you feel it wear off. Klonopin is much better!

April 25, 2010 6:13 PM

Review by great grape ape:

For Anxiety: I have suffered from depression, OCD, and anxiety disorder for most of my life. I did not know until recently that doctors will treat panic disorders and I didn't have to life with constant fear and stress including vomiting 4-5 times daily, diarrhea, going days and weeks without sleeping, and general feelings of dread. I have been on and off anti-depressants since my late 20s, but never knew this was also treatable till now. I am very disappointed that I have virtually no reaction to Xanax either positive or negative - I could be swallowing placebos as far as I can tell. The panic does not abate, I still feel like the world is coming to an end and I'm vomiting all the time. I don't get sleepy or alert, I simply get no reaction at all. Given how much press there is about this being habit forming and addictive I"m assuming my reaction or lack thereof is a-typical.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2010 3:44 PM

For Anxiety: I am prescribed Xanax 0.5 mg twice daily. At 21 yrs old and have a speech impairment due to major anxiety. Xanax helps greatly to calm me down and be able to control my nervousness. I've tried Vistaril, Buspar, Seroquel, Paxil and nothing comes close to working as well as Xanax does! It works pretty fast when real anxious and makes me to be much much more outgoing and motivated throughout the day. I'm taking 40mg Celexa with Xanax which is a wonderful combination. I'm very fidigity and uncalm, but with Xanax, I feel how I should be. While being less anxious and more outgoing, I also feel a very floaty state of mind. Xanax helps!

April 14, 2010 8:15 PM