User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 49 reviews 76 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 435 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "Xanax is a miracle and cures my anxiety while I use it. I highly recommend it!"

Anonymous October 17, 2011

For Anxiety "I have very severe generalized anxiety which sometimes manifests as the inability to leave my home (or sometimes, my room). I have other psychological issues as well and Xanax can reduce a manic or psychotic episode into almost nothing. I have been thinking of asking for extended release tablets. When I feel a serious panic attack coming on it is awesome to have something that stops the attack, and doesn't leave me too 'dopey' feeling to go back to work or whatever I was doing. Thanks Xanax."

Anonymous October 16, 2011

For Anxiety "I suffer from anxiety and was prescribed Cymbalta and Xanax. While they both worked, I didn't like the way Cymbalta made me feel and I had some of the more alarming side-effects, so I've switched over to just taking Xanax as needed and going to a psychotherapist, and I feel much much more in control of my anxiety. I only take 0.25mg as needed (when I feel my anxiety building) and find it to be perfect, I can calm myself down more quickly and still focus and work productively."

Anonymous October 14, 2011

For Anxiety "Xanax is something that I was afraid to take, given the fact that people with anxiety and panic attacks are usually scared of what the medicine is going to do. I finally gave in and started taking my Xanax on a day when I needed to go to the Doctor which terrifies me. I took the lowest dose, 0.25 mg and I am so thankful that I did. No panic whatsoever at the Doctors office. I so look forward to knowing that I will have something to take to help me get through panic situations that I have been avoiding for years."

Anonymous October 12, 2011

For Anxiety "I have been taking Xanax for 2 years. As soon as they put me on it I was like whoa! This is like a whole new world. I am bipolar, personalty disorder, mentally disabled and have anxiety. This medicine has helped me. I have started out on 1mg at night, then 2 months later a 2mg ER Xanax then they add a 2 mg bar at night and ever since things have been nice and all my moods have been at bay and anxiety has been down. Things are good."

Anonymous October 10, 2011

For Anxiety "I've never taken Xanax before up until now. I've tried Effexor, Viibryd, Wellbutrin, etc. but none of those worked at all and I could not handle the side effects. Xanax has given me my life back. My panic attacks have finally reduced, but more importantly I can continue to function in my normal everyday life. Most other medicines have me sitting on the couch in the evenings doing absolutely nothing as nothing seemed to matter. With Xanax, I can effectively handle my overwhelming daily task list!"

Coch October 9, 2011

For Anxiety "This medication has been a God send for my chronic battle with anxiety and depression. A much safer alternative and also a much less expensive medicine than most barbituates, Xanax works very well on me and several of my fellow patients who suffer from anxiety."

slosippa October 6, 2011

For Tinnitus "This worked great for me until my Doctor retired and the new Doctor taking over patients wont prescribe it. Now ringing in ears is back in full force."

Anonymous October 4, 2011

For Anxiety "Amazing medicine"

smileys(: September 21, 2011

For Anxiety "I have suffered from anxiety for years and tried to combat it without medicines. I finally gave in and went to the doctor and was given Xanax. This medicine has tremendously helped my anxiety. I take 0.50 mg as needed (about once a week). It begins working within 10 minutes and doesn't wear-off until 4-5 hours later, which is perfect for me. It can make me a little drowsy, but not to the point where I feel like I'm going to fall asleep while I'm in public. I have never been addicted to this medicine, as I've been very careful to ONLY take it when I really need it."

Anonymous September 17, 2011

For Panic Disorder "This medication has literally changed my life. I was house bound prior to taking Xanax for panic. 99% of my symptoms have disappeared in the last 6 months and again, it's a new life. I feel normal again."

Anonymous September 12, 2011

For Panic Disorder "I have suffered from a very severe anxiety and panic disorder all of my life. I was given Xanax about a year ago because the medications I was taking were not working. I started taking the Xanax which did take care of the panic attacks for the most part. But what I did not realize is that though I was taking the dosage that the doctor had prescribed to me I was blacking out and getting very violent or I would be asleep my eyes would open I would punch my boyfriend in the face and try to choke him then go back to sleep like nothing even happened. The morning after these events he would wake up on the couch and tell me what I had done. I did not remember doing any of this. It was terrifying."

Kristen90 September 8, 2011

For Depression "Have panic attacks approximately twice per year emerging with breathing problems. Result was depression with sleep hours falling from normal 8 hours to 2~3 hours. I fight depression with citalopram hydrobromide (Exenadil 20mg). Xanax helps me sleep whenever I feel I will miss my sleep. My schedule : Take depression medicine every two months for 6 months period. Take Xanax ONLY at night before sleep WHENEVER I feel I will miss my sleep. Fight my ugly morning wake ups by my own doing the most favorable things of the day in the morning."

Ctf September 6, 2011

"I could not get on a plane, in elevators, rooms without windows, or even a automated car wash. Thank goodness for this medication and the doctors that helped me find some peace in my life and now I just got back from seeing my sister 2000 miles away (went there by plane- I did advise my flight attendant i was on this medication and to wake me if I fell asleep)."

Anonymous August 31, 2011

For Anxiety "Too make a long story short, a little over 2 weeks ago after an MRI, we were told our daughter had a birth defect called Chiari which required brain surgery, which is scheduled for September 9, 2011. My anxiety was so bad I couldn't function normally and couldn't stop crying, couldn't sleep, had chest pains and my head was so lightheaded I thought I would pass out. Xanax stopped all of it. I only rate it an 8, not because of how it works, but because of me. I still can't control my anxiety without help from Xanax. Now I can sleep, breath and only cry once a day if at all. I'm seeing a shrink and feeling stronger so maybe soon I will be in control of myself again and handle my families life again as a strong mom and woman."

Anonymous August 17, 2011

For Panic Disorder "This is the only drug that has kept my generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder under control. I prescribed this by my PCP when I was about 20 and have been taking it up to the present. I couldn't go without it. "

Xanax4ever August 10, 2011

For Depression "It's the best medication I ever taking for anxiety and an instant antidepressant. I have taken it since I was about 21, and it still works great. "

bestbenzo August 10, 2011

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I've been on Alprazolam (Xanax) for over five years now. I take 2mg four times a day. Xanax is the only medication, when taken as prescribed, that allows me to manage my anxiety and panic disorder. I have my Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), My Severe Panic Disorder, My Antisocial tendencies, My Social Anxiety, My insecurity's and even my Agoraphobia all to a tolerable level. Xanax has greatly improved the quality of my life. If you can't find anything else that works, ask your doctor about Alprazolam."

Anonymous August 8, 2011

For Anxiety "This medicine is great. No side effects. Calms me down. Helps with the racing thoughts at night and to relax and get to sleep. I also had panic attacks, now with Xanax they are gone. I only take 0.5mg at night and as needed when nervous or with social anxiety if I go out. It works wonders. It is sad that many doctors do not want to prescribe it because of stigma of abuse and it really would help many people with anxiety disorders."

monchaloca1 August 3, 2011

For Panic Disorder "I was diagnosed with a severe panic disorder that literally took over my life. I was prescribed Xanax 0.25mg it is my life saver. I feel like my old self and I look forward to getting up in the morning. I was petrified of getting the panic attacks and this medication has helped and it works within 15 minutes of taking it. I have had reduced attacks and feel so much better. The only downside is you feel a little bit drowsy and if you are late taking it on time I found I would get severe blurred vision. It usually passed within a few hours. You definitely have to take it on time."

Anonymous August 1, 2011

For Anxiety "I have emphysema related anxiety and Xanax is the only thing that helps me. It does not get rid of the anxiety attacks but is strong enough to manage getting my anxiety attack under control. The quality of my life is unbearable without this medication."

Anonymous July 26, 2011

For Anxiety "Xanax for panic attacks saved my life. I had developed agoraphobia after 9 months or so of severe panic. I was prescribed Xanax for occasional use by a very smart doctor and just knowing I had them to rely on if I needed them was enough to end the cycle of panic. If you panic, they work quickly to end the attack. I know that people have trouble with withdrawal if they're used for too long. I did my best to breathe through the attacks and fend them off myself, but when I couldn't Xanax was a savior."

Anonymous July 18, 2011

For Anxiety "Calms my anxiety better then anything else. When I have anxiety attacks and take one or two Xanax I actually feel normal again and a lot more outgoing and I'm not so shy or afraid to meet and talk to new people that I may meet."

kr1987 July 13, 2011

For Panic Disorder "Having burning tongue syndrome is very rare and it feels like you have an electric cable attached to your tongue. After 3 years and 14 doctors and about 20 different medicines not to mention brain surgery NOTHING worked. One day I had a panic attack and the emergency room doctor prescribed Xanax. It took me week and half to try it but the result was immediate. For 1st time in years I feel like living again."

Suzanne mc July 11, 2011

For Anxiety "Effectively and rapidly eliminates symptoms of my anxiety. Also works well in calming my thoughts down. Only downside of this medication that I can conjure up is a propensity to make me lethargic...but this is only a significant problem if I'm not engaged in some sort of physical or mental diversion."

lambnj24 July 11, 2011