User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 49 reviews 76 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 443 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Xanax

For Panic Disorder "I have had panic disorder for 16 years. I have found that I cause my panic attacks by the way I am thinking (negatively). It took a long time to come to this conclusion. I was prescribed Xanax initially, along with therapy. The therapy has been the most helpful (talking, journaling, etc.). "

Taj Burrow November 16, 2011

For Anxiety "Absolutely the best medication for anxiety. I have taken this medicine on and off for over twenty years and it has literally saved my life. I too wish that people would stop abusing this medicine and that doctors would not fear prescribing it when necessary. It's been prescribed to me with antidepressants of different kinds and allowed me to live a normal life for the most part."

drugspatgz November 12, 2011

For Anxiety "I've had anxiety issues my entire life. I honestly thought I was weird because I could not handle all the stress from my job and personal life. I don't have children, so again, I thought I had some severe mental issues! I tried Klonopin, WSellbutrin and Lexapro. All made me feel and act like a zombie. I am on Xanax 1mg 3x a day. Doing great, changed jobs now making more money without as much stress, happily married, and about to start law school. All good for now."

Betsywv November 5, 2011

For Panic Disorder "I have been taking Xanax for 4 years. This pill has done wonders for me. It really did give me control of my life back. I was prescribed 1 mg. I was afraid to take it at first because of all the stories I have heard about addiction. Well, when I first tried it, it was an immediate success and I knew I found the key to living the rest of my life normally. My doctor didn't just throw this at me. This was our last option. It was the best one. I do get dizzy sometimes. I also experienced weight gain. That was mainly because as I started to live normally again I stopped working out and other methods that I used to help combat panic. That was mainly a healthier life style that I assumed would naturally help me think clear."

Anonymous November 1, 2011

For Anxiety "Changed my life completely, I can actually function in social settings."

Kelly Fairman October 28, 2011

For Anxiety "I have had depression since I was a teenager. I have tried pretty much anything you could think of. Nothing has helped me like Xanax. The problem is that doctors don't like to prescribe this medicine. I feel so lost without it and I would only take it when I really needed it. Only 2 or 3 times a week. "

Anonymous October 27, 2011

For Anxiety "I feel like Xanax saved me. I had a very rough childhood with my father addicted to drugs, lost our house, had to raise my sisters because my mom had to get a full time job. I was going down a very bumpy road. I finally settled down with my now soon to be husband, and with the persuasion of him and my father (now sober, and also has anxiety) At age 18 I finally broke down and decided to go talk to a doctor. He prescribed me to multiple anti-depressants that made everything worse. He then put me on Xanax, I've never been so stress free. I have held down the same job, I'm doing well in school and again, and maintained a healthy relationship. I'm a changed person at 21 years old."

Anonymous October 24, 2011

For Depression "I've had big problems with both depression and anxiety, and I've tried most of the benzodiazepines that are available (Diazepam, Clonazepam, Flunitrazepam, Nitrazepam, Oxazepam, and so on), and also a couple of different antidepressants. SSRI's and Mirtazapine(brand name "Remeron"). And after trying all of these different medications, I didn't think I EVER could get rid of the depression and anxiety and live a normal life (which in turn made me even more depressed), but then in comes Xanax! And it didn't take long before I was almost entirely free from both the depression and the anxiety, which had had such a strong grip on my life for such a long time and almost ruined my life! I really feel like I owe my life to the wonderful Alprazolam!"

Norwegian Guy October 20, 2011

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Xanax is a miracle and cures my anxiety while I use it. I highly recommend it!"

Anonymous October 17, 2011

For Anxiety "I have very severe generalized anxiety which sometimes manifests as the inability to leave my home (or sometimes, my room). I have other psychological issues as well and Xanax can reduce a manic or psychotic episode into almost nothing. I have been thinking of asking for extended release tablets. When I feel a serious panic attack coming on it is awesome to have something that stops the attack, and doesn't leave me too 'dopey' feeling to go back to work or whatever I was doing. Thanks Xanax."

Anonymous October 16, 2011

For Anxiety "I suffer from anxiety and was prescribed Cymbalta and Xanax. While they both worked, I didn't like the way Cymbalta made me feel and I had some of the more alarming side-effects, so I've switched over to just taking Xanax as needed and going to a psychotherapist, and I feel much much more in control of my anxiety. I only take 0.25mg as needed (when I feel my anxiety building) and find it to be perfect, I can calm myself down more quickly and still focus and work productively."

Anonymous October 14, 2011

For Anxiety "Xanax is something that I was afraid to take, given the fact that people with anxiety and panic attacks are usually scared of what the medicine is going to do. I finally gave in and started taking my Xanax on a day when I needed to go to the Doctor which terrifies me. I took the lowest dose, 0.25 mg and I am so thankful that I did. No panic whatsoever at the Doctors office. I so look forward to knowing that I will have something to take to help me get through panic situations that I have been avoiding for years."

Anonymous October 12, 2011

For Anxiety "I have been taking Xanax for 2 years. As soon as they put me on it I was like whoa! This is like a whole new world. I am bipolar, personalty disorder, mentally disabled and have anxiety. This medicine has helped me. I have started out on 1mg at night, then 2 months later a 2mg ER Xanax then they add a 2 mg bar at night and ever since things have been nice and all my moods have been at bay and anxiety has been down. Things are good."

Anonymous October 10, 2011

For Anxiety "I've never taken Xanax before up until now. I've tried Effexor, Viibryd, Wellbutrin, etc. but none of those worked at all and I could not handle the side effects. Xanax has given me my life back. My panic attacks have finally reduced, but more importantly I can continue to function in my normal everyday life. Most other medicines have me sitting on the couch in the evenings doing absolutely nothing as nothing seemed to matter. With Xanax, I can effectively handle my overwhelming daily task list!"

Coch October 9, 2011

For Anxiety "This medication has been a God send for my chronic battle with anxiety and depression. A much safer alternative and also a much less expensive medicine than most barbituates, Xanax works very well on me and several of my fellow patients who suffer from anxiety."

slosippa October 6, 2011

For Tinnitus "This worked great for me until my Doctor retired and the new Doctor taking over patients wont prescribe it. Now ringing in ears is back in full force."

Anonymous October 4, 2011

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Amazing medicine"

smileys(: September 21, 2011

For Anxiety "I have suffered from anxiety for years and tried to combat it without medicines. I finally gave in and went to the doctor and was given Xanax. This medicine has tremendously helped my anxiety. I take 0.50 mg as needed (about once a week). It begins working within 10 minutes and doesn't wear-off until 4-5 hours later, which is perfect for me. It can make me a little drowsy, but not to the point where I feel like I'm going to fall asleep while I'm in public. I have never been addicted to this medicine, as I've been very careful to ONLY take it when I really need it."

Anonymous September 17, 2011

For Panic Disorder "This medication has literally changed my life. I was house bound prior to taking Xanax for panic. 99% of my symptoms have disappeared in the last 6 months and again, it's a new life. I feel normal again."

Anonymous September 12, 2011

For Panic Disorder "I have suffered from a very severe anxiety and panic disorder all of my life. I was given Xanax about a year ago because the medications I was taking were not working. I started taking the Xanax which did take care of the panic attacks for the most part. But what I did not realize is that though I was taking the dosage that the doctor had prescribed to me I was blacking out and getting very violent or I would be asleep my eyes would open I would punch my boyfriend in the face and try to choke him then go back to sleep like nothing even happened. The morning after these events he would wake up on the couch and tell me what I had done. I did not remember doing any of this. It was terrifying."

Kristen90 September 8, 2011

For Depression "Have panic attacks approximately twice per year emerging with breathing problems. Result was depression with sleep hours falling from normal 8 hours to 2~3 hours. I fight depression with citalopram hydrobromide (Exenadil 20mg). Xanax helps me sleep whenever I feel I will miss my sleep. My schedule : Take depression medicine every two months for 6 months period. Take Xanax ONLY at night before sleep WHENEVER I feel I will miss my sleep. Fight my ugly morning wake ups by my own doing the most favorable things of the day in the morning."

Ctf September 6, 2011

"I could not get on a plane, in elevators, rooms without windows, or even a automated car wash. Thank goodness for this medication and the doctors that helped me find some peace in my life and now I just got back from seeing my sister 2000 miles away (went there by plane- I did advise my flight attendant i was on this medication and to wake me if I fell asleep)."

Anonymous August 31, 2011

For Anxiety "Too make a long story short, a little over 2 weeks ago after an MRI, we were told our daughter had a birth defect called Chiari which required brain surgery, which is scheduled for September 9, 2011. My anxiety was so bad I couldn't function normally and couldn't stop crying, couldn't sleep, had chest pains and my head was so lightheaded I thought I would pass out. Xanax stopped all of it. I only rate it an 8, not because of how it works, but because of me. I still can't control my anxiety without help from Xanax. Now I can sleep, breath and only cry once a day if at all. I'm seeing a shrink and feeling stronger so maybe soon I will be in control of myself again and handle my families life again as a strong mom and woman."

Anonymous August 17, 2011

For Panic Disorder "This is the only drug that has kept my generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder under control. I prescribed this by my PCP when I was about 20 and have been taking it up to the present. I couldn't go without it. "

Xanax4ever August 10, 2011

For Depression "It's the best medication I ever taking for anxiety and an instant antidepressant. I have taken it since I was about 21, and it still works great. "

bestbenzo August 10, 2011

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 11 12 ...Next