User Reviews for Xanax

8.5
Summary of Xanax reviews 365 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by panthergurl21: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have taken alprazolam for about 2 weeks now and it has really helped control my anxiety. I had my first panic attack and then started getting them everyday and they would last all day. For the first 3 or 4 days I had to take alprazolam every 5 hours (3 times a day). Then I would get the panic attacks when I woke up (9 am) and then around 5pm, so then I took 2 pills a day for about 4 days. Now I am down to one pill in the morning because I keep waking up with anxiety. The alprazolam works in the first 20 minutess but my anxiety gets a little worse when I take it and then it gets so much better! The downside is the bad taste, causes drowsiness, loss of appetite and weight, and is highly addictive. Great for temporary relief!

June 16, 2010 3:14 PM
Review by barrebaby33: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have been prescribed alprazolam (Xanax) and a variety of other benzodiazipines for the past ten years when I was first diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, my dosage is 2mg 2 x daily. This was recently reduced from 2mg 3 x daily and I admit I do suffer a little but I make the best of it. The most important thing about Xanax is it is addictive and NEVER suddenly stop taking it! You could suffer from what's called a "Benzodiazipine withdrawal seizure". You need to taper your dose down. This is a PROPER and safe way to wean off. But overall, wonderful medicine for anxiety!

June 13, 2010 6:39 PM
Review by bobby416: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Amazing for anxiety and panic disorders but another wonderful thing about Xanax is it will even help take the edge off of the common cold and the flu. I have carpal tunnel, arthritis and osteoporosis an it helps relax the joints and muscles just enough to get a good nights sleep. A "wonder drug". It does have some major downfalls also like long-term deppendency.

June 3, 2010 10:17 PM

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I get panic attacks and I was prescribed klonopin 1mg 2 times a day. Helps but no sleep.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 1, 2010 5:46 AM
Review by meangene: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Tinnitus: Working well to help me relax and go to sleep.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 27, 2010 11:05 PM
Review by deemison: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: It works great for panic attacks, but is horrible as you feel it wear off. Klonopin is much better!

April 25, 2010 6:13 PM
Review by great grape ape:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have suffered from depression, OCD, and anxiety disorder for most of my life. I did not know until recently that doctors will treat panic disorders and I didn't have to life with constant fear and stress including vomiting 4-5 times daily, diarrhea, going days and weeks without sleeping, and general feelings of dread. I have been on and off anti-depressants since my late 20s, but never knew this was also treatable till now. I am very disappointed that I have virtually no reaction to Xanax either positive or negative - I could be swallowing placebos as far as I can tell. The panic does not abate, I still feel like the world is coming to an end and I'm vomiting all the time. I don't get sleepy or alert, I simply get no reaction at all. Given how much press there is about this being habit forming and addictive I"m assuming my reaction or lack thereof is a-typical.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 16, 2010 3:44 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I am prescribed Xanax 0.5 mg twice daily. At 21 yrs old and have a speech impairment due to major anxiety. Xanax helps greatly to calm me down and be able to control my nervousness. I've tried Vistaril, Buspar, Seroquel, Paxil and nothing comes close to working as well as Xanax does! It works pretty fast when real anxious and makes me to be much much more outgoing and motivated throughout the day. I'm taking 40mg Celexa with Xanax which is a wonderful combination. I'm very fidigity and uncalm, but with Xanax, I feel how I should be. While being less anxious and more outgoing, I also feel a very floaty state of mind. Xanax helps!

April 14, 2010 8:15 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Works great for my anxiety attacks, but after 6 years I've gone from 0.25 mg twice a day to 1mg twice a day. Getting "anxious" about what will happen when this dose stops working.

March 27, 2010 3:59 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: I think Xanax works great taking it along with an antidepressant. Right now I am currently taking 2 mg of Xanaz along with 20 mg of Celexa. I believe it has helped me out it so many ways. I used to have anxiety and panic attacks pretty much all day, or part of the day that I was awake. I haven't felt this good about myself in a long time. Sometimes I would get a panic attack just from walking in a public place, such as a supermarket, and then came the heavy breathing and the nervous feeling out of nowhere. But the Xanax put all the feelings to rest. I know it's a narcotic and it can be abused and it also can cause dependency. But if used the right way I know it can work for some of the worst conditions of depression.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 26, 2010 3:04 PM
Review by blottobox: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I've had panic attacks in the past, are far back as age 5 or 6. I had a couple in my my 20's, and from 1999 to 2008 I fought a child support case and spent alot of time in jaiil over that period of time. In 2007-2008 I spent 11 months locked up in Detriot, Mi. where I finally beat the case by DNA and was freed. A month Later I began having regular panic attacks. I now have Chronic Anxiety associated with PTSD/Agoraphobia/and Chronic Panic Attacks. I started taking Xanax in June 2008 until March 2009 where my doctor then tried every drug under the sun on me outside of Benzos, and nothing worked. In January 2010 my Mother passed and the attacks became frequent after 11 ER visits and a doctor change I'm now on 0.5mg Xanax x 2 day.

March 20, 2010 12:45 AM
Review by twalsh825: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I've tried everything for anxiety - which is severe ALL the time. XANAX WORKS! Only issue is the length of time it lasts; I can feel the effects almost immediately (within 20 minutes and continue to feel effects kicking in for a good hour after), but after about 3 hours, I start to have rebound anxiety from it wearing off. Be careful of tolerance though. Since I've been on it, I've had to increase 4x. I started of with 0.5mg 3x/day and am now on 1mg, 5x/day. I don't want to change that, but this seems to be a perfect. It gives me the relief I need as often as my body seems to need it. I am so grateful for this drug, as my panic is non-existent, where it hasn't been in YEARS. It's been non stop - never relief. I finally feel relief.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 6, 2010 7:26 PM
Review by lawyer100: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I am prescribed 0.5mg Xanax twice a day as needed. It works very well for me when I have high anxiety. I have no side effects at all from this drug, I don't even get sleepy with it, I just feel calmer. I have taken a variety of benzodiazepines for years, and I have never had a problem with an addiction to any of them (and I have a history of drug abuse). I would just say to take as needed and at the correct dose, and don't take continuously for a long time, and you should do good with Xanax.

February 26, 2010 6:23 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: Xanax is the one benzodiazepine that actually helps. I have gone through a loss from my fiance of 10 years, he passed in September 2009 and I got on Xanax and it helps me out a lot. It is the best.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 14, 2010 7:27 PM
Review by LiveForPeace: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I am a 19 year old male prescribed to a 0.5mg dosage of Xanax to be taken twice daily. Depending on my spouts of anxiety or an occasional panic attack, I either take one or a half of one to calm my state of mind. I try to just take a half of one because this medication can be addicting. I noticed these effects and feelings right after my first intake. It does indeed help suppress my anxiety and panic attacks. Due to the addiction prone aspects I'm giving it an 8.

February 13, 2010 5:14 AM
Review by Godscreation: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I was the caregiver for 2 family members from 1997 to 2008. I had the first full-blown stress panic attack in 2005. Xanax was one of my medications and in 6 months, I was off drugs. I have no regrets for those 11 years, but thought I was finally free to live my life. However, I was wrong. I now have continuous anxiety if I don't take 0.25 mg Xanax in the morning and evening. I also have very high blood pressure to which a solution has not been found. Xanax does lower it and I couldn't keep my sanity without it. I have had no negative side effects, only positive.

February 12, 2010 3:00 PM
Review by iwashere: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: This pill got the job done.

February 8, 2010 10:02 PM
Review by Mickey M: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I had 2 panic attacks in my entire life. I went to a Doctor and was given Xanax at half mg to take immediately and 6 hrs later. It worked and I thought I would keep some handy for any possible future attacks. He prescribed 0.25mg pills 3 times a day. I looked it up on the internet and didn't like the information on addiction. I went to my Doctor when I got back home and he prescribed Ativan. I believe Xanax should be used only when having a panic attack and not as a maintenance drug.

February 7, 2010 10:05 AM
Review by calmer: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I was prescribed 0.25mg of Xanax for my hyper-anxiety and panic attacks. As a 200lb man I needed a 0.5mg dose. Xanax really solves panic attacks well, and noticeably helps with my anxiety. It makes it much easier to fall asleep which is great at bedtime, but can be a real problem in the morning. Reading "Feeling Good" by Dr. David Burns also really helped treat the thoughts that led to panic and anxiety.

February 4, 2010 11:19 PM
Review by lorina: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: Every time I had a depression, it's very difficult for me to sleep, my friend said I should consult my doctor and so I did. My doctor prescribed me this medicine..It's really good. Thumbs up!

January 27, 2010 11:45 PM

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Works okay four me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 21, 2010 11:35 PM
Review by MasterT300: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I use Xanax (1mg) for anxiety and panic disorder. This medicine has been the only drug that has brought relief to to my constant anxiety. I don't know where I'd be without it. I take the use of this drug very seriously and don't abuse it. I use it only when needed for panic or when anxiety is so intense I simply can't tolerate it any longer. When used properly this drug is safe and you will not become addicted. It's very fast acting (15 min) which is important when a panic attack hits. Side effects are minimal for me. I get the "jelly legs" and that's about it. It's never made me stumble or fall though. The generic version isn't quite as good as the real stuff, but if you must use generic, the round blue tabs are better than the oval ones.

January 21, 2010 9:46 PM
Review by dougsam: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I found that Xanax is the only thing that can calm my panic disorder. I take 4mg a day and I have not had an attack in about 3 months.

January 21, 2010 3:02 AM
Review by LilCricket82: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I personally truly enjoy the fact that while my anxieties are prominent; the Xanax provides me with the security to take a deep breath and if things become too overwhelming I have the option of taking it when needed.

January 15, 2010 7:46 PM
Review by Gia15: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I started having panic attacks 3 years ago when going through deaths in the family and the ending of my marriage, to being a single Mom. I just could not cope with it any longer I can't tell you the trips to the ER. Just to be gave a lorazepam. My doctor tried other benzo's but they just did not help the sudden attacks. They have upped my dose. But at this point Xanax is a life saver and I don't know what I would do without them. The only draw back is the half life they wear off to soon and I will not take another dose until time to take it again, those few hours are not good. But 2 and 1/2 milligrams a day is far as I will take this. I have been on benzodiazepines for three years and that scares me, but not like the panic attack, those make you feel like your having a heart-attack or worse. I have had some that I really did not think I was going to live through. So my Xanax stays until I can get off them when the stress is gone and a taper off, never suddenly go off them it could be very dangerous. A taper down is best but from what I have heard it's not pleasant.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate