User Reviews for Lotronex

Learn more about Lotronex.

Lotronex Rating Summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 105 medications used in the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Reviews for Lotronex to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome

"Lotronex has given me my life back. Before I could not leave my house, missed significant amounts of work, did not want to eat (lost a lot of weight), and became depressed. I took Imodium like it was candy. With my Dr. we tried many different medications and changes in diet, but nothing worked. Lotronex was the last option and it was the best decision I could have made. The benefits by far outweigh the risks of taking the medication. I have been taking it for years now and they just released a generic brand. It has worked so well for me that I could not be happier to be able to have my life back."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) October 22, 2015

"I suffered terribly for years with ibs d. I had years of testing with no answers. After doing my own research, I found lotronex, then a doctor who prescribed it. I cannot function without it. My doctors call it, the most underprescribed drug in the world. I agree. Please, erase the fear and try thus drug. Your life is waiting."

JC24858611 August 19, 2015

"I've been on this pill for over a decade (currently 29) and I am totally irritable bowel syndrome symptom free on this. I suffer from D-IBS and was told I'm in the top 5% of the worst. Before the pill I could barely function, lots of mucus. On the medicine I've achieved 2 degrees and a career as a teacher. It's literally a miracle pill for me. My biggest fear now is having to go off it when I get pregnant."

christine1985 December 17, 2014

"Awesome stuff"

jeannie g July 4, 2014

"This medication is a God send. My irritable bowel syndrome had gotten so bad that anything but water would trigger an attack. I couldn't go to school or karate, it was stressful thinking about leaving the house. With Lotronex I can now do all things I couldn't. I don't have to worry about where the closest bathroom is, I can enjoy myself. I am so glad my insurance authorized this medication."

monkeypop (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2014

"Have severe D-IBS since childhood, have never been able to keep job or even get through school. Lotronex was my miracle when I had access to it for a year and a half. It was the best year and a half of my life! I felt like a normal person, living a normal life for a change. Medicare changed the plans and I've not been able to get it covered since. I'll always have hope though!"

ChuckO123456789 August 31, 2012

"I have been taking Lotronex for almost 11 years (both before it was taken off the market and after it returned). Lotronex changed my life in that I became able to function as a "normal person." I can work, go out socially and eat most things without fear of sudden and embarrassing diarrhea. The pains and urgency are things of the past, unless I run out of Lotronex. Lotronex has been a God send for me."

jrtainny January 23, 2012

"I have been taking Lotronex for nearly 10 years (before and after it was pulled from the market). I'm male in my early 50s and have had irritable bowel syndrome since early childhood. Lotronex has been remarkably effective at controlling diarrhea and reasonably effective at moderating pain and intestinal cramps (though I still take dicyclomine) to help with that. I was taking 2mg Lotronex a day with virtually no side effects. Occasional constipation but stopping the medicines for a day would fix that problem. I recently cut back to 1/2 mg a day because my new insurance will not pay for it because I'm not female (maybe I should have a sex change operation). If you suffer from IBS-D and have not considered Lotronex you should definitely talk to your doctor about it."

joeldk December 5, 2011

"Changed my life!"

Anonymous October 31, 2011

"So far on Day 4 of Lotronex. This is so far THE ANSWER... I have had no urges to go the bathroom with intense diarrhea in 4 days. I have had irritable bowel syndrome for about 20 plus years (I'm 38). So far this is a MIRACLE. And I am only taking the 0.5 once a day! I have not had 4 days like this in literally years. And it's not placebo because I'm very self aware (I'm a psychologist). I hope this works for all of you as it is for me. I am hopeful after being near suicidal! Also, my doctor has also just started me on desipramine, an antidepressant that also is supposed to help irritable bowel syndrome and it is working too. I'm SO HAPPY! Rule out all other conditions and then get on this PRONTO!"

Happy As A Clam! October 24, 2011

"I have been using Lotronex for one year now and wow what a life saver. I can go out and eat and have no worries."

Loving Life July 13, 2011

"I have been on Lotronex for seven years. My quality of life has dramatically changed. I can eat most of the time and not run to the bathroom. Without it I can't even get out of the house when I have to eat. Thanks to the maker of Lotronex."

Anonymous July 6, 2011

"I have been taking Lotronex for almost 3 years. It has done wonders for controlling my IBS. I feel like a new person! I no longer have severe cramping and can actually leave the house in the morning to get to work on time. Lotronex, eating the right foods, and taking fiber has really made a tremendous difference. Some days, I can even take a half pill and still get the same results."

Anonymous February 21, 2010

"Beginning dosage tends to be erratic in slowing the diarrhea but the pain is removed."

kjosey August 20, 2009