Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Lotronex

Learn more about Lotronex.

Lotronex review summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 96 medications used in the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Reviews for Lotronex to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Review by jeannie g:

Awesome stuff

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2014 12:34 PM

Review by monkeypop (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This medication is a God send. My irritable bowel syndrome had gotten so bad that anything but water would trigger an attack. I couldn't go to school or karate, it was stressful thinking about leaving the house. With Lotronex I can now do all things I couldn't. I don't have to worry about where the closest bathroom is, I can enjoy myself. I am so glad my insurance authorized this medication.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 29, 2014 1:41 AM

Review by ChuckO123456789:

Have severe D-IBS since childhood, have never been able to keep job or even get through school. Lotronex was my miracle when I had access to it for a year and a half. It was the best year and a half of my life! I felt like a normal person, living a normal life for a change. Medicare changed the plans and I've not been able to get it covered since. I'll always have hope though!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 31, 2012 7:59 AM

Review by jrtainny:

I have been taking Lotronex for almost 11 years (both before it was taken off the market and after it returned). Lotronex changed my life in that I became able to function as a "normal person." I can work, go out socially and eat most things without fear of sudden and embarrassing diarrhea. The pains and urgency are things of the past, unless I run out of Lotronex. Lotronex has been a God send for me.

January 23, 2012 2:39 PM

Review by joeldk:

I have been taking Lotronex for nearly 10 years (before and after it was pulled from the market). I'm male in my early 50s and have had irritable bowel syndrome since early childhood. Lotronex has been remarkably effective at controlling diarrhea and reasonably effective at moderating pain and intestinal cramps (though I still take dicyclomine) to help with that. I was taking 2mg Lotronex a day with virtually no side effects. Occasional constipation but stopping the medicines for a day would fix that problem. I recently cut back to 1/2 mg a day because my new insurance will not pay for it because I'm not female (maybe I should have a sex change operation). If you suffer from IBS-D and have not considered Lotronex you should definitely talk to your doctor about it.

December 5, 2011 4:46 PM

Changed my life!

October 31, 2011 10:32 AM

Review by Happy As A Clam!:

So far on Day 4 of Lotronex. This is so far THE ANSWER... I have had no urges to go the bathroom with intense diarrhea in 4 days. I have had irritable bowel syndrome for about 20 plus years (I'm 38). So far this is a MIRACLE. And I am only taking the 0.5 once a day! I have not had 4 days like this in literally years. And it's not placebo because I'm very self aware (I'm a psychologist). I hope this works for all of you as it is for me. I am hopeful after being near suicidal! Also, my doctor has also just started me on desipramine, an antidepressant that also is supposed to help irritable bowel syndrome and it is working too. I'm SO HAPPY! Rule out all other conditions and then get on this PRONTO!

October 24, 2011 10:06 AM

Review by Loving Life:

I have been using Lotronex for one year now and wow what a life saver. I can go out and eat and have no worries.

July 13, 2011 11:14 PM

I have been on Lotronex for seven years. My quality of life has dramatically changed. I can eat most of the time and not run to the bathroom. Without it I can't even get out of the house when I have to eat. Thanks to the maker of Lotronex.

July 6, 2011 8:10 PM

I have been taking Lotronex for almost 3 years. It has done wonders for controlling my IBS. I feel like a new person! I no longer have severe cramping and can actually leave the house in the morning to get to work on time. Lotronex, eating the right foods, and taking fiber has really made a tremendous difference. Some days, I can even take a half pill and still get the same results.

February 21, 2010 12:42 PM

Review by kjosey:

Beginning dosage tends to be erratic in slowing the diarrhea but the pain is removed.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate