User Reviews for Almotriptan

Also known as: Axert

Learn more about Almotriptan.

Migraine 21 reviews 77 medications

9.3
Summary of Almotriptan reviews 21 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Almotriptan

Review by cinderly (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: Axert works fairly well for me. Most of the time I take it with 2 naproxen and I don't need to take it a second time. I can think of any side effects that I have had with it. I wish you could take more than 4 in a week.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 10:18 PM

Review by Andie1980:

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: Had migraine headaches throughout adolescence and survived on extra strength Advil and eventually took prescription "Empracet". As an adult, migraines became more severe which led to vomitting and 1-2 days in bed until my doctor prescribed "Axert" in December 2013. Since, I am able to function and proceed with my days within 15 min of 1 dose!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 11:12 PM

Review by BKayWo (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: Took the medicine when I was certain my headache was a migraine and it was completely gone in an hour or less with no side effects. My insurance used to cover it but now I am getting a lot of push back, switched to Relpax which is also a good but still struggling with insurance.

February 20, 2014 12:08 PM

Review by meekastinker:

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: Amazing - only thing that works for me- allows me to be at work functioning on medication - all my other meds made me dopey or stupid (stupimax:topamax)

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2014 5:38 AM

Review by Brainpain64 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: This medicine works every time I take it - zero bad side effects. The downside is the cost. And that cost means that some of my migraines must drag on and on.

November 27, 2013 8:12 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: When taken at the onset of a migraine, Axert works well with minimal side effects. If I've gone too long before taking it, I will sometimes need a second dose. Typically post-migraine, I am a bit dopey and slow the following day or so. While this could be a reaction from the medication, I think it's mostly just post-migraine symptoms.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2013 2:52 PM

Review by LessFrequentSufferer (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: This works! I used to suffer, not now. This brand works faster and provides more complete relief than other brands I've tried. It even works if you didn't get to the migraine at the first sign of it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2013 12:15 AM

Review by Jan S:

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: I rely on this medicine and although it is expensive, it is great!

January 28, 2013 9:48 AM

Review by Suffering2Much:

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: My migraines seem to have increased in intensity.

December 6, 2012 3:06 PM

Review by Serenity needed (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: I have tried literally every migraine medicine: Maxalt, Zomig, codeine. I have had migraines for 9 years now and have used Axert for one year. Sometimes it works very well with just one dose combined with Toradol. I have had no side effect with Axert. I use also 50 mg of Topiramate at night before bed. In the Fall weather I have had migraines daily and I am using two doses of Axert (12.5 mg) and probably not waiting a full 24 hours for the next dose. I am now getting Botox injections in the forehead, both sides of the temple and back of the neck. This is a 100cc of Botox every 3 months at $400 a pop. I need to find some relief!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2012 11:55 PM

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: Axert has changed my life! I have suffered from migraines since (42 yrs old now) childhood. Knocks my migraines in their tracks usually with one pill. Every once in awhile, I will need to take a second, but you must wait at least 2 hrs after first dosage. All migraine sufferers need AXERT

March 22, 2012 10:20 AM

Review by efed:

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: I was on Amerge for 5 years before a doctor gave me a new migraine prescription for Axert. This has been an AMAZING solution for my migraines. It's highly effective and usually works within an hour of taking a dose, even if I've had the migraine for many hours. I've even had times where it worked within minutes! It's cheaper than the other migraine pills I've taken and literally has ZERO side effects and very few drug interactions. I would highly recommend trying Axert if you are a migraine sufferer.

October 19, 2011 2:55 AM

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: Best thing since slice bread. Very expensive but worth it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2011 4:46 PM

Review by missa00999:

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: Used to take Axert but then lost my insurance. I never missed work or school. Unfortunately things in life went south and I'm living back home trying to get s new degree and have missed untold days because of migraines. Finally have a primary physician and she won't prescribe it because it can cause serotonin syndrome with my antidepressant. I was on 2 antidepressants when I was on it last. This is day 24 of the May of migraines. I've either woke up with one, had it hit me in the middle of the day or strike by 5pm, EVERY DAY and now I have gastritis so I can only take Tylenol. I know this is a review, I love Axert.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 24, 2011 1:26 PM

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: ONLY migraine medicine that ever worked for me, and with no side effects at all. It would stop a developing migraine in its tracks! Unfortunately, my new job does not offer insurance, and a prescription of Axert without insurance is close to $400. Very upsetting. But when that day comes, I will fill that prescription and no longer have 3 day migraines.

February 11, 2011 11:26 AM

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: Only one that ever helped. WHEN will it go generic?

January 22, 2011 8:36 PM

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: Axert is my miracle medicine. Can sometimes take up to 1 or 1.5 hours (or longer) to take effect, but works faster for others. Works best in conjunction with Tylenol/Advil. Not only does it COMPLETELY relieve all migraine symptoms, it also relaxes my tense muscles (other triptans cause muscle spasms). No unpleasant side effects, only sleepiness (usually if I stay active I can combat this without trouble, but if I lie down I'm out like a light) and increased urination (really). I literally don't know what I would do without Axert.

January 6, 2011 3:36 PM

For Migraine: I am a chronic migrainer- I tried ALL the other triptans and Axert worked best. I had to learn to take it when the migraine first started for it offer complete relief. It does make me a bit tired but well worth not having the migraine pain. If it is a particularly bad headache, I'll still feel tension in my neck but usually Excedrin will help with that.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2009 4:15 PM

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: Works every time within one hour. Insurance only allows 8 per month - sometimes not enough.

April 23, 2009 10:04 PM

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: Amazing results if taken early on in onset. Can't believe it! No headache!

December 2, 2008 1:53 PM

Review by hoffmansjh:

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: I take 200 mg of Topamax daily. I have tried Imitrex, Relpax and Maxalt. Maxalt was okay. I have had no side-effects with Axert. It usually relieves my migraines within 10-15 minutes maximum.

July 3, 2008 9:27 PM