User Reviews for ProAir HFA

Learn more about ProAir HFA.

COPD, Maintenance 3 reviews 44 medications

Asthma, acute 2 reviews 166 medications

4.8
Summary of ProAir HFA reviews 10 reviews 6.5

Reviews for ProAir HFA

For Asthma, acute "If I could give the Pro Air HFA inhaler a zero rating I would. They are very expensive and clog after just a few puffs so your money is down the drain. I have a whole drawer full of them still mostly full but clogged. I have tried rinsing the holder with hot water and letting them dry completely (even used a blow dryer) and they will work for a few more puffs then clog again. My insurance limits on which albuterol inhaler I am allowed to get and Express Scripts pushes the Pro Air HFA. I am sure it is because we have to keep ordering to replace clogged ones."

Mariahsmomma (taken for 10 years or more) April 12, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "After about 20 puffs, it clogs up. Useless after that."

Babbuddy February 14, 2016

For Bronchiectasis "Received coupon for a free trial pharmacy will not accept the offer. Out of pocket expense too much..."

can't breathe (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been using ProAir HFA for many years now & I highly recommend it. It works when I need it & I don't have any bad side effects. Sometimes I get dry mouth after using it, but I can't complain since it does its job so well."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for 10 years or more) February 2, 2016

"I get chest colds and asthmatic symptoms in the beginning of the winter for my entire life. This inhaler works better for me than the older ones I'm glad I have it even if I only need it once or twice a year..this is by far the best inhaler I have ever used"

Anonymous December 12, 2015

For COPD, Maintenance "Too expensive. I use sparingly and often have to go without when I can't afford the high cost of the refill since my insurance doesn't cover it."

MichelleKennedy (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2015

For Asthma, acute "I'm 53 and have had acute bronchial asthma my entire life. ProAir is by far the least effective and most problematic delivery system for albuterol I've experienced. While the inhalers are supposed to have 200 metered dosages, they fail through leakage and clogging. We realistically average 50-75 uses per inhaler. Air travel almost always destroys usability. Because of clogging and priming, actual dosage is inconsistent with this particular brand. It is a health hazard, a deeply flawed delivery system that endangers patients. DO NOT RELY upon a single inhaler if you use ProAir as even "full" and "brand new" units are prone to immediate failure."

DurbusTweeb2 November 9, 2015

For COPD, Maintenance "I could not be without Pro-Air. I take it with me everywhere I go, it works very fast and is a lot less expensive than my other inhalers."

prestburycheshire November 22, 2014

For COPD, Acute "I have been using this medicine for many years and it really works for me. I walk everywhere, and going up hills it really comes in handy. I however do not like the new design, it tells you how much you have used, which is the good part, but the bad part is it clogs up too easily. The old one clogs as well, but takes longer to do it. I personally have not noticed any side effect of this medicine. The old albuterol inhalers made my heart race, this one does not."

Divine1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 19, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "This delivers the medication in powder form in a more environmentally friendly way, but seems thus also to have diminished effectiveness. Cost is also creeping up over the last 24 months (now $43 per unit, roughly a 23% increase overall in 2 years). It is perhaps the best there is, but no substitute for the previous modes of delivery, and a marginal drug value."

Anonymous January 3, 2011

For COPD, Maintenance "Improved breathing 50% the frist time I used it."

Anonymous June 15, 2009