User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

Learn more about Albuterol.

Albuterol Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 92 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, acute.

Reviews for Albuterol to treat Asthma, acute

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I also switched to the respiclick. It was zero help. It did nothing to open my airways. I didn't work what so ever. The regular HFA works like a charm. I don't understand how so many people suffer from lung problems and the pharmaceutical companies make this medication so expensive. This medication should be on the $4 plan at Walmart and Target. I have to pay 50 every month which is expensive and that's with insurance."

Newyorkcity123 January 18, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol): "I'm 53 and have had acute bronchial asthma my entire life. ProAir is by far the least effective and most problematic delivery system for albuterol I've experienced. While the inhalers are supposed to have 200 metered dosages, they fail through leakage and clogging. We realistically average 50-75 uses per inhaler. Air travel almost always destroys usability. Because of clogging and priming, actual dosage is inconsistent with this particular brand. It is a health hazard, a deeply flawed delivery system that endangers patients. DO NOT RELY upon a single inhaler if you use ProAir as even "full" and "brand new" units are prone to immediate failure."

DurbusTweeb2 November 9, 2015

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I was given Pro-air Respiclick by my pharmacy instead of HFA shortly after it came out because they had a coupon that gave me a better price. During a bad bout of seasonal allergies I found that the Respiclick gave me little-to-no relief, even when used every 4 to 6 hours. I have used Pro-air HFA for years for similar symptoms. I'll definitely be switching back. (BTW, a family member with COPD also tried Respiclick and found it less effective than the HFA)."

Miramoo (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015

Ventolin HFA (albuterol): "I have allergy induced asthma. Ventolin helps me breath better. Worked excellent at first then needed additional maintenance meds, Singulair and a steroid inhaler (Asmanex Twisthaler). I also take Allegra, Flonase, and Astelin to control my allergies and asthma."

Steve0376 May 17, 2015

Ventolin (albuterol): "Asthma for 40 years. Ventolin/Salbutamol works quickly and well to relieve an attack. Severe attacks respond to much higher doses in a nebulizer. It does come with erratic heart rates however, so should not be over used and should be accompanied by a corticosteroid inhaler like Becotide. (It is ridiculous that both Ventolin and Becotide had to be rejiggered to not use CFC gases for propulsion. Neither has been as good since)."

5MileRunner (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2015

Proventil HFA (albuterol): "Every year for almost 10 years I had been experiencing severe brochitis, and 3 times it had turned into pneumonia. The only reason it did not result in hospitalization was because I protested. I did have to go back to the hospital for Albuterol treatments each time. Once I started using the Proventil FHA inhaler I noticed I was able to take deep breaths and not experience discomfort, and as of about 6 weeks ago, all the wheezing I had been experiencing had completely disappeared. I would recommend this product for any bronchial and asthmatic condition."

kukuna (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2013

Ventolin (albuterol): "I can't believe I suffered so long before I went to the doctor and he prescribed Ventolin to me. It has made my breathing so much easier. The only negatives at all is sometimes I'm dizzy for a while after using it, but that's to be expected."

Ozzthegreat March 15, 2013

Proventil HFA (albuterol): "I have allergy-induced asthma, not true asthma. (sometimes my allergies and sinuses get so bad I get asthma attacks"). My allergy doctor prescribed Proventil HFA to me last year and though I don't use it often, it has helped when I needed it. Only one downfall, it makes me SO jittery. This is a common side effect because you're basically getting a shot of adrenaline in each puff. I find it's best to walk/move around a little after taking it to help wear off the jitters. Because of this side effect, I only use it when I really need it."

ssdfgh July 31, 2011

"This is a real lifesaver (literally). I can´t remember how many times this has eased my breathing"

angel_uchiha October 19, 2009

"This has helped me with my asthma ever since I was a little girl. I'm 19 now and until this day I use it! Whoever made this medication was thinking correctly. I appreciate it."

Romero82 September 23, 2009

"It works great as long as you are NOT allergic to sulfa drugs, sulfates or sulfites! If you are allergic to any of those, you might want to talk to your doctor before you take albuterol sulfate. It made my asthma worse, every time I used it. Once I stopped using it, my asthma was nearly gone by the next day. It turned out that not only can't I use sulfa drugs, I cannot use this medication to quickly stop an asthma attack. Unfortunately, I know three other people (friends of mine) who had the same reaction to this inhaler. They also, are allergic to sulfa drugs. The drug companies need to come up with an albuterol inhaler that does not use sulfates."

Anonymous September 23, 2009

Ventolin (albuterol): "This did not help, the restricted my lungs from expanding. "

Anonymous July 15, 2009

Ventolin (albuterol): "It works excellently. It's improved my son's hope for his asthma to get better."

Anonymous June 8, 2009

"Albuterol is the best inhaler ever to me. It's fast acting and has a good rapid response. It does it's job and I was furious when they stopped giving Albuterol inhalers. "

Anonymous May 29, 2009

"I have mild asthma. Albuterol works really fast when I need it."

Anonymous October 7, 2008

"It works well. "

Anonymous August 10, 2008

Vospire ER (albuterol): "Great medicine. I need a potent, systemic bronchiodilator in order for my other inhalers to get where they need to go. This is a really important facet to my plan. I wake up easier, am clear headed, have less depression, and more oxygen to my lungs/brain. I highly recommend it."

Anonymous August 6, 2008

"I take it at the first sign of tightness or coughing and it provides relief from an attack within minutes. My doctor has combined it with a Qvar inhaler and my asthma is well managed."

mheidelberger May 13, 2008