User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

Learn more about Albuterol.

Albuterol review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 92 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, acute.

Reviews for Albuterol to treat Asthma, acute

Review by kukuna (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Proventil HFA (albuterol): Every year for almost 10 years I had been experiencing severe brochitis, and 3 times it had turned into pneumonia. The only reason it did not result in hospitalization was because I protested. I did have to go back to the hospital for Albuterol treatments each time. Once I started using the Proventil FHA inhaler I noticed I was able to take deep breaths and not experience discomfort, and as of about 6 weeks ago, all the wheezing I had been experiencing had completely disappeared. I would recommend this product for any bronchial and asthmatic condition.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2013 10:18 PM

Review by Ozzthegreat:

Ventolin (albuterol): I can't believe I suffered so long before I went to the doctor and he prescribed Ventolin to me. It has made my breathing so much easier. The only negatives at all is sometimes I'm dizzy for a while after using it, but that's to be expected.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2013 12:27 AM

Review by ssdfgh:

Proventil HFA (albuterol): I have allergy-induced asthma, not true asthma. (sometimes my allergies and sinuses get so bad I get asthma attacks"). My allergy doctor prescribed Proventil HFA to me last year and though I don't use it often, it has helped when I needed it. Only one downfall, it makes me SO jittery. This is a common side effect because you're basically getting a shot of adrenaline in each puff. I find it's best to walk/move around a little after taking it to help wear off the jitters. Because of this side effect, I only use it when I really need it.

July 31, 2011 4:18 PM

Review by angel_uchiha:

This is a real lifesaver (literally). I can´t remember how many times this has eased my breathing

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2009 12:58 PM

Review by Romero82:

This has helped me with my asthma ever since I was a little girl. I'm 19 now and until this day I use it! Whoever made this medication was thinking correctly. I appreciate it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2009 8:50 AM

It works great as long as you are NOT allergic to sulfa drugs, sulfates or sulfites! If you are allergic to any of those, you might want to talk to your doctor before you take albuterol sulfate. It made my asthma worse, every time I used it. Once I stopped using it, my asthma was nearly gone by the next day. It turned out that not only can't I use sulfa drugs, I cannot use this medication to quickly stop an asthma attack. Unfortunately, I know three other people (friends of mine) who had the same reaction to this inhaler. They also, are allergic to sulfa drugs. The drug companies need to come up with an albuterol inhaler that does not use sulfates.

September 23, 2009 2:40 AM

Ventolin (albuterol): This did not help, the restricted my lungs from expanding.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2009 2:42 PM

Ventolin (albuterol): It works excellently. It's improved my son's hope for his asthma to get better.

June 8, 2009 7:49 PM

Albuterol is the best inhaler ever to me. It's fast acting and has a good rapid response. It does it's job and I was furious when they stopped giving Albuterol inhalers.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 29, 2009 5:31 PM

I have mild asthma. Albuterol works really fast when I need it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2008 1:07 PM

It works well.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 10, 2008 3:28 PM

Vospire ER (albuterol): Great medicine. I need a potent, systemic bronchiodilator in order for my other inhalers to get where they need to go. This is a really important facet to my plan. I wake up easier, am clear headed, have less depression, and more oxygen to my lungs/brain. I highly recommend it.

August 6, 2008 11:13 PM

Review by mheidelberger:

I take it at the first sign of tightness or coughing and it provides relief from an attack within minutes. My doctor has combined it with a Qvar inhaler and my asthma is well managed.

May 13, 2008 3:26 PM