User Reviews for Albuterol/ipratropium

Also known as: Combivent, Combivent Respimat, DuoNeb

Learn more about Albuterol/ipratropium.

Albuterol/ipratropium review summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of COPD, Maintenance.

Reviews for Albuterol/ipratropium to treat COPD, Maintenance

Review by DogLover-2800:

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium): Switched from Symbicort. Combivent works much better than Symbicort or Albuterol for me. My wheezing is allergy induced. Ipratropium addresses the allergic component. Seems wetter than other inhalers which helps delivery.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 25, 2014 3:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium): I am a veteran and also retired from the Dept. of Veterans Affairs. I have been using inhalers since 1986. I have to tell you, this is one of the most difficult inhalers to use. It takes two good hands to use. Think about all the Veterans returning from combat with missing upper and or lower extremities. Think about going back to the drawing board.

November 3, 2013 4:13 PM

Review by Ronnsden (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium): Respirmat has been a bad replacement for combivent. It has a short time relief for breathing.

October 29, 2013 10:37 AM

Review by Ronnsplace:

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium): I have used it since 1998. It is the only product that works for me ....now they discontinued the product and use respirmat. The drug does not work for me at all. I sure wish combivent was back.

October 29, 2013 10:29 AM

Review by clifeez (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium): I could not live without Combivent. Now they come up with this Combivent Respimat, takes half a container to finally get the hang of it and its $238.00. Need to find something else for me because I cannot afford this every month.

September 1, 2013 10:19 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium): I've been on Combivent for years and then had an allergic reaction to it which put me in the ER. Had severe skin burning and itching all over. Now have to stop it. It did help my breathing so not happy about this allergic reaction happening to me.

June 8, 2012 5:49 AM

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium): Works great initially especially if you are congested but after a couple of weeks now does nothing. Maybe my body just got too used to it? Does nothing now. Notice the drug interactions, doctor and pharmacist didn't say anything. Can make your heart race as well.

September 6, 2011 7:25 PM

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium): I was given this medication in the ER (breathing treatment) . It worked wonders for me, it immediately open up my lungs so that I could breath. What a relief!!

May 20, 2011 12:00 PM

Review by easy-breather:

I am recovering from the flu (worst flu ever). I usually use ADVAIR. However, with all the mucus I have in my lungs the Advair doesn't seem to work as well so my Doctor gave me a combination of albuterol and ipratropium. I wasn't sure how well this would work. Turns out it opened up my lungs and I don't feel like I'm drowning in my chest congestion. Also using an expectorant to help rid my lungs of excess mucus from this illness. Looking forward to getting healthy again. Medicine tastes bad but well worth the results. Looking forward to getting back to good health. Nothing like unobstructed breathing. Clear Lung Power to all.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2011 5:30 PM

Review by Kimmy68:

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium): I began Combivent, doubting it at first, but was so glad my family doctor told me about it. It has helped me tremendously. I am so relieved to have it.

March 15, 2010 11:43 PM

Review by Wheeziegirl:

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium): If you have Asthma and a chest cold, Combivent clears the mucus from your airways so you can breathe. I only gave it 9 out of 10 because it tastes AWFUL!

December 16, 2009 10:33 PM

Review by Driverguy:

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium): This inhaler has made such a difference in my breathing. I wish my doctor would have prescribed it years ago!!

November 2, 2009 11:43 AM

Review by nuh:

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium): I've been using Combivent since 2000 up to now but not on a regular basis, only during severe asthma attack and it gives immediate relief.

August 14, 2009 4:10 AM

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium): Has been a very good drug for my asthma.

June 2, 2009 10:43 PM

DuoNeb (albuterol / ipratropium): I strongly feel without DuoNeb every four hours up to five times a day I would no longer be here. I qualify for a lung transplant but because of my reaction to steroids this is the next best thing along with Serevent twice a day.

May 10, 2008 3:52 PM