User Reviews for Differin

Learn more about Differin.

Acne 65 reviews 519 medications

7.7
Summary of Differin reviews 65 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Differin

For Acne "I'm on week 2 almost week three. My face didn't dry up like my doctor said it would. But I did however get easily sunburnt and I have THE worst break out I think I've ever had since starting on it. I want to hide my face in a brown paper bag. My chin is literally swollen from the amount of breakouts this stupid cream has given me. I'm not impressed one bit."

Unhappy 101 April 22, 2016

For Acne "I have suffered from mild to moderate acne for almost the past 10 years and for the past few years it has been quite moderate and under control- not perfect but not terrible by any means. However, I went on Yasmin BC and within 4 days I was experiencing the worst breakout of my life. My right cheek, whole chin and jaw line was just awful. I got prescribed differin ASAP and for the past week I have been combining with coconut oil when I apply at night to 'water it down' so to speak. My blemishes are fading SO quick! Ive had a few new ones, an IB I imagine, but they are going as quick as they come. I am really happy and can't recommend enough. This is differin cream and not gel. I have tried duac in the past and it wasnt even close!!!"

alice7789 (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

For Acne "acne has been a problem for me since 8th grade & I started using Differin my first day of senior year (major mistake due to it making your skin "purge" the first couple of days//weeks" by the end of October my skin was mostly clear & by the beginning of December my face was completely clear except for the occasional pimple every once in a blue moon. At the beginning it would make my skin burn especially during sports. It's sensitive to sun to defenitely use sunscreen when you're out. All around miracle medicine."

k:)) March 5, 2016

For Acne "I've struggled with acne for YEARS and my doctor prescribed Differin to help with my face. I've been using it for maybe 2 and a half weeks at this point so I know it's really early to post a review. Everything I've read about the product has been that it changes nothing for the first couple months but I've been using a Tea Tree Facial cleanser before the Differin cream & it has made a WORLD of difference ! So if you don't see much of a chance try a tea tree product. I got mine from the body shop."

Cassietitan (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

For Acne "2 weeks into the treatment, first week was awful, burning redness peeling more pimples. Slowly improved I'm feeling a lot better still a little bit of peeling and dry skin and a pimple here and there but it doesn't burn anymore. They say 8 weeks others 3 months to see results so although it's too early to say that differin won the battle I have to say that I'm satisfied. Also I use Clinique bar soap in the morning, Clinique acne cream, and tonic. And at night just st Ives scrub and differin. I wear my regular make up revlon but I want to switch to Clinique. It doesn't hold all day my skin starts to get itchy in the evening. Just be patient!"

Barbarapsi26 February 26, 2016

For Acne "I've been using Differin 0.1 for years now (over 10 years) and swear by it. It keeps big cytic acne from breakout too badly / clears up blemishes and marks fast and most importantly prevents from them occuring in the first place. I have also read its anti-aging... I'm 33 now and people think I'm 26."

Sejal82 February 21, 2016

For Acne "This stuff is horrible Doctor prescribed it because I was getting eczema next to my chin and a few break outs And now my face is on fire is burning, itching, peeling, scabbing and all and it's made my face 100 times worse Worst experience ever I don't want to leave the house this is ridiculous Don't buy it."

Kp1345 (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2016

For Acne "I went to the dermatologist for the first time in my life a few weeks ago (January) to try and get gorgeous skin for my wedding in September. I was prescribed this drug and chose if over the two others because it was the least expensive (still $125 for me, though). After using it for a few days (without seeing too much of a difference, but no deep pimples) I developed a rash on both arms and my upper side below my armpit. I didn't think it could be the product because I had applied it to my face, but after seeing that hives are a common reaction I am sure that's what it is. The rash still itches occasionally and is unsightly on my arms even after 2 weeks. What a disappointment--and now I have to figure out how to get rid of this rash."

Vivacedragon February 10, 2016

For Acne "I'm currently on my 5th week of Differin. Things aren't looking up. I'm in college and I'm currently interning before I get into med school - this means everyday practical exams and everyday patient evaluation. I've lost all my self esteem - I wish I never went on Differin in the first place. Should I stop it? I was said it took 6-12 weeks to see results, and improvement right after the first month. That never happened and honestly, I no longer want to return to my dermatologist. It was an absolute waste of money and time. My face is exploding with cysts, especially on my nose. And I hate seeing my patients like this. What should I do?"

Miss Intern January 29, 2016

For Acne "I have been using the gel for the last few weeks. My skin has become more oily and sensitive. I hope that it would heel. I have used this product before. And it completely cleared my face. But I didn't stick to it. So it came back."

melony harison January 22, 2016

For Acne "This , dried my eyes out very bad and made them sore it also made my acne worse"

luciejww (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

For Acne "Absolutely amazing! Since I have used this medicine my face has cleared up in less than a month! I had a lot of bumps on my forehead and pimples and my face including cheeks. I also feel that it is helping with my acne scars. I really hoped this helped and that more people can live with clear skin:)"

Anonymous January 14, 2016

For Acne "I have PCOS and for the last two years have struggled with hormonal acne. I went from rarely wearing makeup to feeling embarrassed without it. I noticed changes when I stressed less but over the counter products were not working. My skin was very dry and had even started peeling. Also, I had huge cystic acne clustered on my cheeks and after a few days if using differin they were gone. I didn't have the initial stage of my acne getting worst. My face is pimple free after a week and a half. It actually has started clearing up my dark spots. (Note: I also take spironolactone daily for acne as well as medroxyprogesterone 10 days a month for pcos)"

Very Happy (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2016

"I'm 18 years old and started having breakouts in the beginning of puberty. Even though it's a part of your hormones changing and stuff I am really insecure about acne of my jawline and chest area. My dad took me to a dermatologist and I got prescribed Differin. I've used the cream for about 2 weeks and can start to see small improvements. However, I have started getting flaky skin as well. Overall it's a good product but you need to be patient."

Ashley K (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2015

For Acne "I've always had really mild breakouts ever since college started, but I gradually lost them through Clearasil and St. Ives. But now that I'm in my junior year, I'm breaking out twice as much. My dermatologist prescribed me Differin (0.01 cream adapalene), and it was quite pricey because I was taking it alongside clindamycin, which I only put on my pimples whereas I used a pea-sized amount of Differin on my entire face. I'm currently on my third day of Differin and Clindamycin, and I have been experiencing skin peelings on my nose and a little bit of redness and tenderness. There have been more breakouts (I now have 6 pimples), and I hope it gets worse before it gets better now that it's still holiday break."

Mia ❤️ (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2015

For Acne "After retin A seemingly stopped working, my doctor put me on differin. I had high hopes but it didn't work out. This gel didn't cause the dry irritation in my skin but instead caused my skin to become excessively oily which then cause blackheads to pop up all over my face, which I've never had a problem with them, except maybe a few on my nose and in the creases of my nose. I started getting blackheads on my forehead (and I'm not talking about them being barely noticeable, they were large and made noticeable bumps on my skin) on my chin, between my eyebrows - everywhere. I also started developing acne on my cheeks which I've never had before so I stopped taking the mediation after that completely."

Emilyci December 23, 2015

For Acne "I've only used this product once (Last night) after it was prescribed by my doctor and I woke up looking like I was wearing foundation. I've had acne for about a year and the just started off as sweat pimples. They got much worse in the following 6 months, I got teased for them when I went up a grade. My worst problem is the redness my acne causes and this really helped, even in the first night! Someone actually commented that I looked like I was wearing makeup."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015

For Acne "I had mild acne on my face, upper arms, chest, and back and after using this for 2 months I still have acne on my face but it is very small and not very many pimples left. However I have also been using this on the my arms, chest, and back but this has not worked at all in thoes areas. I also used to have acne on my shoulder but it is completely gone thansk to this product. For me it works in some areas but not others weird."

My name is... October 19, 2015

For Acne "I've used this product for 12 weeks now my comedone acne completely cleared after 8 weeks of use. Broke out a lot in the first 8 weeks but once I reached 8 weeks and onwards my skin has drastically changed. Would definitely recommend this for comedone acne and do try and persevere as it take at least 8 weeks to work."

Anonymous October 17, 2015

For Acne "Differin XP has been a miracle product for me. As a girl who's had moderate breakouts since the age of 13, (am now 23!) I have to say sticking to this product has been very well-worth it! For the first 2 months, yes, my skin was very dry and even flaky, and yes it did turn me off a bit - but I was warned of this side-effect and decided to just keep going with it. I was able to battle the flakiness with use of exfoliants, and even in the first few months, I felt my breakouts were happening less often and were less severe. Now, 8 months later, the flakiness is no longer an issue and find using this product has boosted my quality of life, although I still do get the occasional few tiny pimples - it does its job."

C_____N October 6, 2015

For Acne "A dermatologist (a different dermatologist than I usually see) recommended to start using Differin along with taking my Doxycycline. I have been using the topical gel for 3 days on my face and back and I only have negative things to say. My face is peeling badly and the skin is very red and irritated. I have tried different moisturizers and they just burn. The outer corners of my eyes are red and painful. My back broke out with large blister-like pimples. I do not have sensitive skin and my acne is not very bad. I feel this product has actually worsened my condition. I am going to stop using Differin immediately. I don't know how long it's going to take my skin to heal."

Samantha H. September 22, 2015

For Acne "One of the best acne medications I've ever used! Super pricey but well worth. Works for any part of your body. Definitely recommended it"

Nic12345 August 30, 2015

For Acne "I've been using this for almost a month and my skin is extremely sensitive, red, and is peeling like crazy. When I began using this my skin broke out like crazy as well. I start school in 3 days and I am so embarrassed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2015

For Acne "I started using differin in February after dealing with horrible acne my last semester of college. I think it was stress related, because I've always had pretty great skin up until then. I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed me differin and antibiotics. All I can say is there is hope!! It took me 12 whole weeks to have skin I was comfortable with, but it really does work. My skin was horrible at first when I began using it, the purge as people like to call it, and I really didn't think there was going to be a light at the end of the tunnel. But seriously week 12 hit and it was night and day. I still use it every night with some days off in between but now I am actually comfortable in my skin w/ only the occasional zit"

Bex166638388944 August 2, 2015

For Acne "I've had bad skin since 4th grade, I never did anything about it I would just wear makeup and coverup, last year in grade 9 I went on the pill for my skin, it completely cleared the acne on my back and chest but my face was still bad. I eventually got put on differin gel, and within the first week my skin was clear for the first time! But I began getting a red rash on my face and my skin was peeling and very sensitive to anything else I put on there, even my makeup. I've now been using it for about 4 months, to anyone who is looking to go on differin gel I highly recommend it, but do not judge your skin within the first few weeks because your skin will be getting used to it. I now have completely clear skin and am very happy."

Catlover15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2015