User Reviews for Differin

Learn more about Differin.

Acne 43 reviews 512 medications

8.2
Summary of Differin reviews 43 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Differin

For Acne "I started using differin in February after dealing with horrible acne my last semester of college. I think it was stress related, because I've always had pretty great skin up until then. I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed me differin and antibiotics. All I can say is there is hope!! It took me 12 whole weeks to have skin I was comfortable with, but it really does work. My skin was horrible at first when I began using it, the purge as people like to call it, and I really didn't think there was going to be a light at the end of the tunnel. But seriously week 12 hit and it was night and day. I still use it every night with some days off in between but now I am actually comfortable in my skin w/ only the occasional zit"

Bex166638388944 August 2, 2015

For Acne "I've had bad skin since 4th grade, I never did anything about it I would just wear makeup and coverup, last year in grade 9 I went on the pill for my skin, it completely cleared the acne on my back and chest but my face was still bad. I eventually got put on differin gel, and within the first week my skin was clear for the first time! But I began getting a red rash on my face and my skin was peeling and very sensitive to anything else I put on there, even my makeup. I've now been using it for about 4 months, to anyone who is looking to go on differin gel I highly recommend it, but do not judge your skin within the first few weeks because your skin will be getting used to it. I now have completely clear skin and am very happy."

Catlover15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2015

For Acne "I'm 16, and I had really bad acne on my cheeks especially, the first couple of nights of using the cream made my skin pretty dry and flakey. The first thing I noticed with the cream is it got rid of all my pus filled pimples straight away. It took a while maybe 2 months, but by the my acne had cleared up so much! There were a lot of red marks left behind but that's alright because they're not overly noticeable and they will fade away with time. For anyone that is suffering with acne, just go see a gp or a dermatologist, overcome the fear and the embarrassment of acne because the results are so satisfying."

TankBoi45 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2015

For Acne "I didn't have acne but would get clusters of pimples and once I started using this and not touching my face, my face has cleared up completely"

Happy17368 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2015

For Acne "I only started using differin a week ago. It has made my skin very red like in the first 3 days I got a red rash-like thing below my lips and on my cheeks and it burns. It also has made around my eyes very dry. I am going to start using it every second day for my skin to get used to it but I really hope that it will work. Just give it time people and don't over use or get worried if your skin becomes red because that is a side effect if you have sensitive skin."

laylow123 (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2015

For Acne "I have had mild/moderate acne ever since I was 12. I've tried countless over the counter products, but decided to see a dermotoligist for real results. She put me on epiduo at 14 which worked slightly but being in the sun for a short amount of time gave me a rash on my face. I then went on once-daily cream(the cream is called once-daily) and it didn't help. My acne calmed down when I was 16, but came back just before my 17th. My doctor prescribed differen to me and I'm already getting results 2 weeks in. Only thing is I can't use it every day because it dries my skin out too much, but that's to be expected. Moisturiser is a must with this gel or your skin will flake! It really does help but, my skin tone is much nicer. Recommend it :)"

Rachel, 17. Also use doxycycline and Diane35 contraceptive pill. (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015

For Acne "I have had acne on and off for around 5 years now. I am a 22 year old male. I moved to Dubai and it got gradually worse over time. I started taking epiduo for around 8 weeks and it helped a little. I then came off it due to my skin my being pretty sensitive. My dermo prescribed me Tetralysal and Differin. Now the differin is very delicate on the skin in my opinion. I have taken for around 2 and a half weeks. I am currently going through the initial breakout and its bad. My general skin tone is tonnes better but we will have to see!"

James2393 April 29, 2015

For Acne "When I moved to a place with a really hot climate,I started having horrible acne.I never had any issues with my skin before and i was devastated, I was 28 and having skin problems .I tried every facial wash,creams and scrubs. Nothing worked. Finally decided to see a derma after 2 yrs of fighting acne. He prescribed clindamycin and Differin. First weeks of using,my skin dried so badly. It was sore and sensitive esp around the eye area. Gradually though, my face cleared. It also helped slowly lighten the dark spots from healed acne.I didn't have any of those initial breakouts but the change was really very gradual. It does work. Just be patient. I'm now happy with my skin. Tip:after washing,MOISTURIZE! Then apply differin. Goodluck :-)"

Rossyross (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2015

For Acne "Worked really well after about 2 months my acne was a lot clearer. I hardly get acne any more. Hardly any irritation when I used the .01% and I've pretty bad reaction to other acne creams I've tried before."

clementineduck March 31, 2015

For Acne "I tried this medication when I was a teenager but did not stick with it because the irritation it caused me was unbearable. I wonder if it because my acne was worse and my skin more sensitive at the time but I can't remember how long I stuck with it. I started my current try with it about nine moths ago. I had about one-two months of redness, itchiness and a lot of skin flaking but as soon as this wore off (which it did completely) as my skin adapted to it, I started noticed big improvements: I have had almost no blackheads which were causing me lot of scarring. For most of the month I get no spots and when I do, it's just a few and they are MUCH smaller, less painful and disappear quicker and my skin overall looks clearer and more youthful"

Acne anonymous March 24, 2015

For Acne "I had suffered with Acne for about 4 years. I was 29 when I first started using Differin gel. After 2 months my skin was completely clear and I am so happy. I would recommend Differin to anyone. I didn't need to waste money on other products that don't work. Differin has changed my life. Flawless skin finally. I'm 30 now and I've been using Differin for 6 months. Best acne treatment on the market."

Jessie G (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2015

For Acne "I have been using this gel for the past 4 months it is doing great ,its amazing"

zabalaza February 19, 2015

For Acne "I find that this acne cream either makes my acne worse or dries my skin out. I am tired of my doctor prescribing it."

Real person unlike some reviewers (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 19, 2015

For Acne "I used Differin and the first month was HORRIBLE. I guess I needed to use moisturizer especially SPF.. Or lotion. I got sun burned really bad all over, my face was peeling and really scabby. I just looked crazy going to school. And my face hurt so bad so I started using it less. I even went to go get my eyebrows waxed and the wax was too hot for my face and sensitive skin it ripped and scabbed up really bad.. Ouch! But luckily after one month was suffering my face and especially my nose (where I got it) it was all clear, gone, and smooth! Seems like similar experiences where it starts off bad then ends up good. I now put Olay SPF moisturizer on everyday and use it every other day with Cerave face wash."

Priscilla p (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2015

For Acne "I am a 28 yr old male who was very fortunate and never had acne as a kid or throughout my college years. Around my 27th birthday I started breaking out. Initially, it was not to bad and I thought it was stress from growing up and dealing with adult issues. However, it kept getting worse. I tried all the OTC meds and that was a waste of hundreds of dollars. I went to a dermatologist and I was put on Differin and it is great. The first 6 weeks were rough and I thought about quitting it a lot. I stuck with it and now my face is clear. The main thing for new users is to know that it will not work overnight and will prob get worse before it gets better. Stay with it."

Just say no..... to acne January 30, 2015

For Acne "I started having acne problems after a series of surgeries. I tried many different things to get rid of my acne but nothing worked until I tried Differin. I've been using it for 2 years already and since then been acne free, I still use it at night on occasional acne breakouts and all disappear the next morning. Awesome acne medication !"

Brend January 14, 2015

For Acne "So far so good! I've been using on and off for a while but now I've finally started using it regularly its really started to work! One tip though.... make sure you wash you hands properly after using it. I didn't then rubbed my eyes (having put it on before bed) and got really dry skin on my eyelids which was super painful!!!"

Rhi. January 6, 2015

For Acne "I have mild acne and I was starting to get really frustrated with it, so I saw my doctor. He put me on Differin and told me to use it on only the spots themselves and not on my whole face. I did this before bed. When I woke up the next day I was amazed to see that all my spots were flat and much less red than they had been the previous night. I would definitely recommend Differin for people who have mild acne as well."

jessicabfmv<3 June 26, 2014

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "I began using Differin after I had an experience with some mild acne. The first two weeks were horrible - my acne went from mild to severe in a matter of days. However, that 's how the medicine works. It pushes the acne out and allows your skin to heal. So even though the first two weeks are hell, it does work. Once the initial breakout clears you're home free."

elsabethgray (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2014

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "I have had acne right after I got out of high school (which is weird right), and I have tried all kinds of stuff (proactive,PObagai, and a long laundry list of other stuff) and none of it has really helped. I tried Differin and I must say my skin is really smooth and has way less acne. I must admit when I first tried it, my skin didn't fair well with it and began to peel horribly. After reading a few posts from other people I used a moisturizer first and then used Differin, and no longer did have dry peely skin. I used Cerave cleaner and their am and pm moisturizer, and now I can say my skin looks fantastic with Differin and Ceravae. Acne takes time to heal and Differin will make a difference for you!"

zap my acne (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2014

For Acne "I love Differin. I seriously cannot live without it! My face is acne free for the first time ever! In the beginning yes you might not notice any changes but just keep using it day after day and after a few months you'll see the progress."

melissajhael April 23, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "Sophomore year of college, literally over a couple weeks, I developed severe acne all over my cheeks. I went to the dermatologist and they gave me Differin. I definitely would wake up and need to put lotion on my face because my face was visibly dry and had dead skin coming off. After about a month, I started seeing results and had less pimples on my face. After about 6 months my face was clear, but I still had acne scars. I had treatments done at the dermatologist to help those. It's been 5 years and now I get complemented for my skin all the time. It's great! Still using Differin every other week and Cetaphil face lotion every day."

Cat45 March 16, 2014

For Acne "I've had acne for about 12 years now since I'm 13 years old. I have tried different things including Proactive and Acne Free along with some other prescription medications. Nothing ever cleared it 100 percent. I have been using Differin gel 0.03% for a little over two weeks now. At first my face was dry and broke out worse then normal. The last few days my face has gotten better, I have about 5 blemishes rather then 12 large cysts that I would normally have. I am hoping that the rest clear up soon. I notice my acne scars have gotten better looking as well since using Differin. I am super excited to see the coming weeks progress."

Adlers mom February 27, 2014

For Acne "I began to use Epiduo and Differin one month ago. At first I was dissapointed because I had unrealistically high expectations for how fast they would work, but once I got over that and realized it would take time I was fine. I used Velocity moisturizer for the dryness and it didn't work at all sadly, but then I witched to Cetaphil and my skin began to improve because it was no longer too dry. My skin isn't where I want it to be yet, but looking back at older pictures before using the products, I know it's on its way."

acnegirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2014

For Acne "I've had acne since like the 7th grade and I didn't really bother to do anything about it because it wasn't bad but at the end of 8th grade it got worse so I went to a dermatologist and she prescribed Epiduo to me and I used it and had clear skin for almost the whole summer, but in August when school started my face started getting horribly dry and peeling and it hurt. So I went back to the derm. and she prescribed Differin (0.3%) gel and I've been using it now for 4 months and it works great! I have to say it does get worse before it gets better. "

Ally1234 December 26, 2013