User Reviews for Humira

Learn more about Humira.

Humira Review Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 341 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Humira to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

"I have been taking Humira for 2 years now. I have had RA since 2008. No one in my family has had RA. I noticed the first week of taking Humira that my pain and swelling was gone. I do get the sinus infections and dry skin on my feet. I am SO happy not having as much pain. I can live with the infections or dry feet."

Daisy Duk (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 9, 2015

"I have been on Humira since January and my pain is worse, especially in my upper extremities. I was told at the time I started Humira that my Thyroid levels were too low (Hashimoto disease). The doctor upped thyroid meds at that time I am wondering if perhaps that is playing a roll in my RA not improving. It is hard to be patient when in pain."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2015

"Humira lowered my immunity to where I suddenly got severe pneumonia that spread very fast. I had never had lung problems before this happened. After 2 weeks in hospital with all different kinds of antibiotics and antifungal and drained fluid from the lung, I started to get better.This was after stopping the Humira first day in the hospital. Now have scarred lung and cold to show for it. I will not be going back on it!"

jayAll (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2015

"On Humira approx 4-5 yrs now. I understand the risk of your immune system being compromised however the relief I receive outweighs in my mind that risk. I am overall a healthy and active individual. I'm 56. I take Methotrexate in combination with the Humira. Early January 2015 I had a knee replacement. Successful surgery. I needed to be off the Humira for more than 2 months due to that. during that time I had major flareups. I've been injecting again with the humira pen , 3x in 3 weeks...it's not yet working again....Has anyone experienced this being off of it for a few months and then starting up and the humira being non-effective? I'd be interested to know. I'm at the point to ask my Rheum what gives? Diff treatment options?"

Rick in Phila (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2015

"Don't let doctors give you ciprofloxacin or any fluoroquinolone antibiotics, while you are taking Humira."

aloneyu March 24, 2015

"I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis after 2 years of awful pain. I am now using Humira with methotrexate. I also take sulfasalizine antibiotic daily due to lowered immunity. I take Prilosec for heartburn. I am able to work a full time job and do most things that I enjoy."

Lori Liz (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 24, 2015

"Not completely pain free and stiff joint free. But the fatigue is awful. 5 inj so far, can sleep all day if my family didn't need me. Very lethargic and drained."

MsMonie January 21, 2015

"Humira gave me my life back! I received four different diagnosis by four different Rheumatologists. Diagnosis: Fibromalagia, Connective Tissue Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, lastly Lupus. I used to have severe joint pain, mostly in my legs, difficulty walking long distances, inflammation, insomnia, depression, 60lb weight gain from steroids, stomach bloating, joint stiffness throughout the night, I would toss and turn throughout the night due to the stiff achey joint pain. My legs were the most achey, I would cry at night because the pain was so unbearable. I hated when it was time for bed, because I knew pain would accompany sleep with stiffness. I felt like I was 90 years old. I was a"Hot Mess!" Thank GOD for Humira!!"

Cinnamon Spice (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been on all the medicines and have achieved remission of various lengths with gold injections (1.5 yrs), minocycline (8 yrs), Enbrel (5 years before the efficacy started to diminish) and Humira (1 year) over the past 30 years. As a result of all the medicine treatments I now have horrible lung complications similar to COPD (have never smoked anything). When the pain is excruciating you are willing to take anything to make it better. Enbrel and Humira have left me with a continuous sinus infection that I keep under control with regular salt water rinses. I have no ability to fight off infection and keep getting lung infections which require me to stop the injections for the arthritis and every time you stop, your body builds immunity."

PetiteCdn (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 19, 2014

"Diagnosed with sero negative rheumatoid arthritis about five years ago. It came on very quickly and pain was awful. Took methotrexate, but was quite ill from side effects. Thought I Achieved remission and stopped methotrexate. Unfortunately, the disease was active and recently had a flare that has lasted for months. Blood work all negative. Rheumatologist ordered an MRI and found bone erosion in the wrists. Started Humira and had relief of symptoms shortly after. Just took second injection. The nurse who instructed me on the shots said to leave it out of refrigerator for 30 minutes, ice the site and inject. I have done both injections in my stomach with no pain. Using the Humira pen. Also iced spot for 5 minutes afterwards"

Zapo September 2, 2014

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2012, at 25. After an allergic reaction to methotrexate, I was put on leflunomide with great success for a short while. Unfortunately for me, my rheumatoid arthritis has affected every joint in my body. Every flare up is different, but everything hurts at some point. I seeked a second opinion and was immediately prescribed Humira. Like many others, I was given the pen. I must say that the suspense leading up to pushing that button is far worse than the 15 or so seconds of pain. I was given a sample fresh from the fridge at my appointment, and it hurt like hell. My nurse shared with me to let it come to room temp. I do my first at-home injection next week. Hoping for great results."

T P (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2014

"Humira was my first medicine to try for recently diagnosed rheumatoid arthritis. Had to stop after the 2nd injection due to nausea, lethargy, my teeth hurt and had 3/4 migraines a week. Trying a new medicine now and hope to see results. Humira has a discount program that you only pay $5 for. Ask your doc about it!"

Under 50 with RA (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2014

"Limited improvement after 6 months, developed bad rash and MD refused to continue medication."

Bw853 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2014

"Severe allergic reaction."

Saltio (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2014

"I had rheumatoid arthritis onset literally overnight in wrist, and within short period, all fingers, elbows and shoulders. I have negative RF, but elevated Sed Rate. I pushed my Rheumatologist hard to get in front of the disease progression. I was on Methotrexate alone for about 10 wks, increasing dosage from 12.5mg - 17.5mg but it had marginal impact. I pushed for Humira and within 48 hrs after first injection, I noticed improvement. I'm six weeks into combination therapy and I'd say I'm 60-70% improved. Large joints are 90% better but fingers remain stubborn. Yes, the shot hurts for 10 flipping seconds. I let it get to room temp for about 30-40 minutes..speciality pharmacist said that was fine. This medicine is awesome."

PBNYC (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2014

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Been on this for almost 10 yrs. I now have frequent sinus headaches that are difficult to clear. Am fatigued but able to function well on this medicine, but now have stomach pain and also use methyprednisolone. Also vasculitis has appeared in ankle, and here to stay. I plan to stop and start Sulfalazine EC to take it's place as a DMARD, at least. An old case of psoriasis appeared after my 4th year but left entirely after 3 years. On my feet, and utterly painful."

Di Di January 17, 2014

"For ankylosing spondylitis and Rheumatoid arthritis. I am 28 years old and today was my first dose. They did two in one and after 15 minutes I felt an ease in pain and stiffness but probably won't feel the full effect for a couple a days. So far so good. You have to work with medication. It's a 50/50 type of deal. "

Mandy 1985 (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2013

"I am 18 years old, I just found out I had rheumatoid arthritis and I have been on Humira for 3 months. I have flare ups every once in a while but I do have to take methedrol along with it. it's a strong medicine and it messed up my stomach and gives me heartburn also. I guess for me Humira will take the 6 months it will to take effect and till then this winter will be the worst for me. keeping a positive outlook on this knowing I'm not the only one."

Nicole Miranda (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2013

"Its been a whole month since my last posting, I recently went to see my Doctor.....and guess what, NO inflammation whatsoever. But have noticed that I have had lot of sinus congestion. But who cares as long as my rheumatoid arthritis factor is @ ZERO."

RA in sd October 13, 2013

"l have had rheumatoid arthritis now for 7 years, it runs in my family both grandmothers, my parents, my 5 siblings. I have been taking methotrexate injections for 2 years plus Celebrex & Plaquenil along with controlled pain medication. I thought is this the way my life is going to be, always in pain. I started Humira about 3 weeks ago & WOW after the 1st injection the next day I could not believe how much my pain and stiffness had decrease, I could actually get up by myself in the morning. I take my shot every 2 weeks, I start noticing about the Friday or Saturday a little stiffness and feeling achy and know its time for the next dose. I have experienced a lot of pain, burning & stinging on the injection site. I have learned what works for me is to lie down."

RA in SD (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2013

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My 86 year old mother has been on Humira for the past 2 years. She combined this treatment with methotrexate. Towards the end of the 2nd year the effect of each Humira dose lasts less than 14 days at a time. Going down to 10 days at a time then it completely stopped working for her. She has an excellent doctor and we are looking at other alternatives for the moment. Possibly Orencia. Overall Humira worked wonders while it lasted."

Severe Arthritis (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 29, 2013

"I began HUMIRA after 3 years of minimal control of my rheumatoid arthritis. I take methotrexate in addition. I am shocked at the quick control of my symptoms and am so happy that I am feeling so much better. I do have some headache and dizziness the next day....but it is sooooo worth it. I highly recommend the self injections vs. the auto inject.....there was a serious reduction in pain with the self injection."

Twinmom91 May 4, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"For the most part the experience has been good, my rheumatoid arthritis is in remission and no pain or stiffness. Recently had my first setback a serious bladder/kidney infection that came on supper fast. A short hospital stay with IV antibiotics and then followed up with a 12 day course of Cipro it cleared up. If this occurs again I may rethink the whole biological course of action."

creakyjoints January 17, 2013

"I had my first shot two weeks ago, and my second last Monday. It worked immediately for me. I was able to sleep through the night that first night, after many months of pain and trouble sleeping. I have had active symptoms for about 8 months. I also take methotrexate and Diclofenac. I am in amazement how great I feel! No side effects yet. I'm getting great sleep and can play tennis again. I don't like the injections, but I feel so good... It's worth it!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2012

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am 47 years of age and was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at 28. I have been incapacitated every day since my diagnosis and for the last 3 - 5 years I have had difficulty driving, walking, shopping and leading a 'normal' life. This has led to a poor quality of life due to constant pain and depression. I started taking Humira about 8 weeks ago. One week after commencing I woke up feeling very strange. It took me a few hours to work out I was completely pain free. I hope it continues to be effective. It has changed my life completely."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2012

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next