User Reviews for Humira

Learn more about Humira.

Humira Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 54 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Reviews for Humira to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

"I have had moderate psoriasis for about 15 years which I've managed with topicals. It started to get worse along with me developing psoriatic arthritis all of a sudden. I decided it was time to call on the big guns. This stuff is pretty great! My psoriasis cleared up in about a month and my PsA was gone pretty much instantly! The injections are a little uncomfortable but if you let it warm up a bit and learn the tricks it's not so bad. Small sacrifice really. I've had no side effects other than I am a little tired after the shot so I take it right before bed. So glad to have this medicine! Hope it keeps working for many years to come."

corpkid (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2016

"I had an awful time with Methotrexate side-effects but the disease went into remission and I stopped. Two years later it was back and this time we tried Humira. The psoriasis cleared up after about 8 weeks and the arthritis inflammation disappeared. It's been about a year today with no side effects other than fatigue at the end of the work day. I'm 61 and feel I can work another 5 years. Without Humira I don't think I could. Great drug, but too damned expensive. Bring on the generics."

Mickey Stimpson January 27, 2016

"I took Embrel for several years before switching to Humira. I liked the thought of synthetic mouse protein over live mouse protein...plus I was having terrible injection site reactions to Enbrel. Humira almost killed me. I developed a severe jaw bone infection. Was hospitalized for days with IV antibiotics...almost died. I developed severe Central Nervous Symptoms...was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis...was Multiple Sclerosis, but the Humira reaction mimicked that. I lost almost a 100 pounds in 6 weeks (the only perk) and had the MS symptoms for 6 months. Six years later, I still have the CNS symptoms, if I get a fever. This drug left lesions in my brain and my spine and that's why I get recurring CNS symptoms."

Long Island January 9, 2016

"I have used this product with great success for years! My daughter uses it for Crohn's Disease with good success. My reason for writing this review is say I am so happy with this company!. Being a senior , I am on a fixed income. The company provided me with a coach & now get it for free. The delivery is amazing. I get several months at a time & of course have to be at home to sign for it as it is an expensive medicine. I was advised the medicine would arrive around 10AM today. At 10:10 AM my door bell rang and received my supply for a couple months arrived ."

Paul Garrison (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 1, 2015

"I was diagnosed worh pa in 2004 after trying methotrexate (horibble drug which caused blackouts) I am now 37. I was prescribed Humira. I had severe plaque psoriasis and limited mobility. After the initial fear the injections were very easy to administer. I inject into my tummy, occasionally I get one that stings. This drug has saved my life. After the first injection I noticed improvement with pain and after 6 weeks my psoriasis had cleared up. I was able to take my daughter swimming after hiding behind my clothes for Years. If you read the leaflet there are hideous side affects and I feel sad that a lot Of people experience these. I have taken it for 3 years and it has improved my quality of life."

Spangly October 21, 2015

"Cleared my horrible skin from all my plaques and helps me on my every day activities by reducing the inflammation of my joints . I could be without , that's a fact . Humira is a life changer for me ."

Rob Rodriguez August 30, 2015

"A severe joint/muscle pain was completely cleared after the first injection. No further joint inflammation occurred; the affected joints remained as deformed as they were but without any pain. A widespread scalp psoriasis was cleared during the first two months. Subsequent occurrences of psoriasis were very mild and short."

Efry May 17, 2015

"Psoriasis & Psoriatic Arthritis (for at least a decade now) have led me to Humira. The results have been super since I began a few years ago. Brown spots, freckle sized, have appeared in the areas where the Psoriasis was. No one has any idea from Drs to pharmacists. "

Spiral Architect (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2014

"5.5 yrs on this miracle"

Super n (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 2, 2014

"I've injected three Humira pen needles so far, been on the treatment for six weeks. I've had Psoriatic Arthritis for 13 years. Humira began clearing up the psoriasis on my elbows after the second injection. My scalp is beginning to flake a bit less. My actual arthritis feels about the same so far. My rheumatologist wants me to stay on Humira at least 6 months to try it on my psoriasis, as long as I don't have an adverse reaction to it. It took about six weeks beforehand, after I got the written prescription for my BCBS insurance to approve the twice monthly medicated needles. It's around $5k per month for the two needles but I pay only $90 month co pay after the coverage. I will report back here again if I have further significant recovery, I'm hopeful."

JHC1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2014

"Since being on Humira, I am a whole new person. It was hard being diagnosed at 29 with a new baby to take care of. I could barely get out of bed, open a jar or change a diaper. I do have headaches often, fatigue and slight mood swings, but worth it. I have my life back."

Polkadott (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 15, 2014

"I have used this for over a year and a half at first it worked fine however now after long term use I have started to have some heart issues. I'm only 53, have had good heart. Last shot I took put me down for 3 days the second day after I was hardly able to walk and had bad heart palpitations along with high fever all of which are side effects. I have appointment coming up and will not take another shot. "

steve130 May 24, 2014

"I fell down quickly when the arthritis part of the psoriasis hit me at 50. I had always had bad nails and I developed psoriasis while taking Alpha Interpheron at 40. At first I took methotrexate 25mg/week by mouth. That was a disaster. I went to sub Q and that worked very well, however, after a year, I began to get sick with the flu or such. It lasted 60 days and I had to get off the methotrexate and nearly wound up in the ICU. From a cold or flu! Got better, then 45 days later, got sick again. Thanks to the ACA, I have insurance and am able to take Humira. It works pretty well on the psoriasis and also works pretty well on the arthritis. But, after several months, my feet are getting sore and my right wrist is weakening."

Skippygood grief April 15, 2014

"When I started taking Humira in 2008, I was covered over 80% of my body. Took Humira, and it was at least 8 weeks (if not more) for any improvement on the plaque psoriasis, although I noticed big improvement in arthritis pain and stiffness. Once it cleared, within 2 years it was again widespread. Finally I have been on it regularly for two years in addition to Methotrexate (without it I feel it in my knees and hands). I now only have no more than 5 spots here and there. Very happy with it, and only side effect was 1 time liver function affected, but easily fixed with lesser dose of Methotrexate."

Jeannie in DC March 11, 2014

"I have had psoriasis since I was 15 and mild psoriatic arthritis since I was 20, now four years later my psoriasis started to flare up after nearly a three and a half year remission due to treatment and develop in all the old places with it came severe psoriatic arthritis. Over the course of four months I went from moving normally to being in severe nearly constant pain and walking with a cane. I went to my dermatologist to see about any treatments and she prescribed me Humira. The day after the first two pen treatment I was walking with little pain and within a week I didn't need a cane any more. So far the only side effect I have had was a mild headache after the injection. Humira essentially gave me my life back."

Creaky man-89 (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2014

"I have been on Humira for over 7 years. I first tried Remicade in 2001 and it was a miracle. I have had psoriasis since age 14 and Psoriatic arthritis since 1994 but symptoms of the arthritis since 1989. I was always a runner but gave that up in 1998 until Remicade. Remicade worked great for a few years but eventually your own body builds up antibodies to it and it stops working. I have tried 4 other biologic medicines but always come back to Humira one shot a week. Over the years it has stopped working as well but I notice the difference when I do not take my shot. Still pretty miserable but still able to work full time and take care of my family. The IL 17 inhibitors are coming out soon and they look very promising."

PsAth (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 7, 2014

"I am 23, got diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis last year. I been miss diagnosed with systemic yeast infection because of the psoriasis and took 10 weeks of anti fungal prescription medicine which didn't help of course because that's not what I had. I went to a different doctor and he sent me to a rheumatoid specialist and from there he introduced and prescribed me Humira and I took my 1st injection and the next morning I woke up and my joint pain, swelling and psoriasis greatly reduced."

Ben scott (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2013

"First time on Humira was like a miracle, my arthritis was minimal & my psoriasis too but I felt "finally a cure" and it cleared everything up. After taking Humira for 2 yrs I missed 1 month of shots (had it in the freezer by mistake). I thought it'll be okay however, my psoriasis came back worse than ever. I went back on Humira hoping everything will clear again and it hasn't so now I'm in a limbo again should I stay or should I stop. Has anyone experience this and if so what have you done? PLEASE HELP."

Desperate in HI (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 3, 2013

"My son was diagnosed with Juvenile Psoriatic Arthritis when he was in fourth grade. By the time he was finally diagnosed he was in a wheelchair and unable to move most of his major joints...even his jaw was affected due to the severe arthritis. Today I can say thanks to God, Humira, and monthly visits to Shriner's Hospital he has graduated from High School and is now in REMISSION!"

A Momma July 5, 2013

"Changed my life for better in terms of mobility but very prone to picking up viruses, had several infections after a hand operation as a result and get nausea, upset tummy and more tired than I used to but I'm walking and have low pain levels so worth it. My psoriasis is nearly gone."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2012

"I have been experiencing extreme pain since 2009 from psoriatic arthritis, tried methotrexate no luck, finally started Humira 72 hours ago and already no pain whatsoever. A lot faster than I ever expected. The injection is not bad at all, a very small needle with a slight sting, but I'll take a 5 minute sting over the pain I had any day. I have not had any side effects yet I will edit this post if I do in future. I found these post very helpful with my decision to start Humira so I though I would return the favor."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2012

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I'm 22 years old and I was only 19 when I got diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. At first, I didn't know what was happening to me. I suddenly couldn't do my daily exercise because my knees, feet, arms, fingers, back and neck started to hurt so bad that it was difficult for me to get out of bed, not to mention getting down the stairs. Every rheumatologist appointment was turning into a torture session with the cortisone injections and liquid being removed from my knees. Methotrexate did not do me good, so my doctor finally decided to start filling papers for my Humira injection. 1st injection was last week and WOW! is all I got to say. I've never been so happy in my life. My mornings are painless and now I work 10 hours a day without any Tylenol or prednisone."

Anonymous January 20, 2012

"After a year if misdiagnosis I was eventually told I had Psoriatic Arthritis. It hit me quickly and within a year was in constant pain in my chest, hands and feet that prevented me walking far. I was 43 at the time. After years of NSAIDs I was put on Humira. What a difference, I am 99% pain free and the swelling has all but disappeared all within a month or so of taking, a miracle for me. "

Anonymous November 16, 2011

"The medication works, but the spring-loaded horse tranquilizer-style delivery device is barbaric. I'd rather get a regular syringe and inject it myself than using their prefilled ones."

Anonymous March 7, 2011

"I have been using Humira for over two years now. My skin has cleared up and my joints are a lot better than what they were. I have had psoriasis all my life but it was something that I just had to live with, so now after 36 years to be able to move around without having to hover after myself is a blessing in it self. I went swimming with my husband and children a couple of months ago. For the first time ever I was able to put on a swim suit. It just goes to show that the things some people take for granted are the things that we struggle to do all our lives. Humira has given me my life back."

Anonymous February 1, 2011