User Reviews for Humira

Learn more about Humira.

Humira review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 235 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Humira to treat Psoriasis

Review by shanshan672:

27 year old female suffering from plaque psoriasis off and on my whole life. These past 4 years has been one steady flare up with an increase in severity. I was on Methotrexate for 1 1/2 years while using various topicals. I've been on Humira for 3 months in addition to the use of Clobex spray and Vectical ointment. It seems as if my nails and scalp have gotten worse and the patches on my calves and arms are not changing. I hope I just have to give Humira a bit more time!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 1, 2013 12:51 AM

Review by Marc123:

I have been using Humira to treat my psoriatic arthritis for 12 years along with Methotrexate (currently 43 yrs old). My psoriasis (and arthritis) went away after 3 months of using them and I've never had any side effects. My doc asked me to stop using Humira to see if it was still necessary and now after 3 months my psoriasis is back. Going back to the doctors to get his approval to go back on it. It has worked perfectly for me, you just have to deal with the pain of the monthly injection, also it is very expensive if you don't have insurance.

August 26, 2013 2:39 PM

Review by Lucy Kavanagh (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have been a sufferer of Psoriasis since I was born. Since then I have used so many treatments over the past 20 years but none has worked as well as Humira! Within 6 weeks my Psoriasis was clearing up and my skin in general is so soft. It is quite painful to administer but its just a stinging sensation and you only have to do it once a fortnight- so it's worth it! Recently, I've had a few patches come back but I've been under a lot of stress at work so that's understandable. I've had one or two side effects but nothing major. I've been getting tired quite a lot and I've been getting quite bad spots on my face but it's nothing unbearable. I don't have to pay for Humira as I am taking it for research purposes.

May 29, 2013 6:51 AM

Review by Joe somebody (taken for 1 to 6 months):

24 years old and a sufferer since 5. After Humira, my psoriasis is starting to clear up. Not totally but starting to fade. As for the nails, not much of a change. I had very bad plaque psoriasis covering almost every part of my body and guttate psoriasis mainly on my wrists, arms, and back. It was painful when the lesions on my shins would crack and bleed. I've tried almost every cream/spray but those only temporary relieved them. But ever since I started Humira 2 months ago the plaque went away, my scalp psoriasis is gone, guttate psoriasis is clearing, and overall no more itching, flaking, cracking, and bleeding! The only side effects, if they are even caused by this medication is that I've been getting acne.

May 26, 2013 6:10 AM

Review by Saoakley:

I have had psoriasis since I was 5 years old, today I am 63 years old. When I started to take the Humira injections about a 1 1/2 years ago I was a little afraid of the results. I had not been clear since the age of 5 so I was in doubt that this would clear my body. But shortly after taking the injections my psoriasis went away and I am still clear today. It has been so wonderful not to have to wear long sleeves and long pants for the first time in my life. Thank you Humira for helping me. This has been a miracle for me!

April 25, 2013 9:56 AM

Review by t rex (taken for less than 1 month):

I wanted to tell people about Humira. I have been on it 10days with no side effects! My scalp was 95% covered by Psoriasis. I started my first injection March 1st and today my scalp and behind my ears are clearer. The Humira pen is nothing to worry about doesn't hurt. Leave it out 30 mins and inject in your stomach easy as can be! Good luck everyone.

March 11, 2013 10:56 PM

Review by Kirky (taken for 1 to 2 years):

It was hard for my mom to find a Dermatoligist in my area to start me on Humira because I was 14 years old. I was covered from head to toe and my fingernails and toenails were so thick and painful. I had been suffering since the age of 3 and we had tried everything known to Physicians and man. Finally a Dermatologist started me on two 40 mg shots per month. BAM! I was completely clear in 2 months. And I can honestly and whole-heartedly say that Humira has given me my life. I am now a thriving 16 year old 10th grader. My grades have dramatically improved. I can write without pain. I can walk and wear shoes without pain. I had never worn a pair of shorts to school and now I wear shorts and swim. Humira was a miracle for me and my family.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2013 1:09 AM

Review by pauljrb (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have now been clear for over 2 years, having had chronic psoriasis for 33 years. It has now given me the time and confidence to enjoy life and not stop me doing things I enjoy like swimming.

August 14, 2012 9:41 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on Humira for over 4 months now with minimal results. I now have psoriasis in places I never had it before. So my Doctor just took me off Humira and I am now going to try Enbrel. Sometimes what works for one person does not work for everyone. I sure miss the Methotrexate, it was a great for 3 years, but cannot take it anymore due to it messing up my bone marrow, which is finally starting to go back to normal after 6 months. Good luck everyone.

July 25, 2012 3:58 PM

Review by cholee:

I have had psoriasis since I was 16 years old, covering over 90% of my body. I am a woman of 53 now, I have used creams, to no avail. I have been on Humira injections for about 18 months and I am clear and was actually able to wear a bathing suit to the beach this year with no signs anywhere of psoriasis. It has truly changed my life and my outlook. I am after all these years finally clear, normal. I don't have to hide myself with long sleeves and long pants year round, answer those awkward questions and looks from strangers. Truly a wonderful medication. No side effects as of yet, not looking for any this far along in treatment. The shot does tend to be a bit painful, through the few moments of pain, I receive clear skin.

July 19, 2012 3:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I just started Humira the beginning of this month, I'll be taking my fourth shot next week. I have to say I'm very impressed! I've had psoriasis since I was 18 and I'm almost 22 now. I have it on my elbows, legs, feet and scalp. After the first 2 starter doses, my elbows are completely cleared. The spots on my legs and feet are in the process of fading! I'm so anxious to see the improvement after a few months! The only side effects I've noticed is that I'm much more tired and my muscles are achy .. But I much rather deal with that any day of my psoriasis. I strongly suggest trying this medicine if you are struggling with psoriasis. I was honestly out of options, tried everything else and nothing ever worked. TRY IT.

June 20, 2012 11:28 AM

I have had psoriasis for about 15 years now. I tried all the creams out there and nothing touched it. I was on Methotrexate for 2 years and I was completely clear for the whole time but I was the rare case where methotrexate has affected my bone marrow and I cannot take it any longer. I have been on Humira for a month now and I am seeing a slight improvement.

April 23, 2012 3:36 PM

Review by TONYthe tiga:

Just took my third shot and starting to notice its slowing down my psoriasis! No major results yet like I've read from others but I can tell it's working a little bit. Hope it clears it all like a lot of other people have reported. Don't believe the hype about the pen being so painful, its not that bad. If you have had psoriasis as long as me you are used to a little pain from the itching. I was gonna have to pay $200 a month for my copay but my wife is a nurse and recommended calling Humira to ask for assistance. They have a Humira card that made my copay only 5 dollars.

November 11, 2011 2:44 AM

Review by kre13:

I have used Humira for about 1 year and 4 months. This has been great. I still use the Clobex spray on the tough spots that seem to never clear up. But, they are very small. If you are suffering from psoriasis then I would recommend trying Humira for sure. The warnings they give make me a little nervous however. I had moderate Psoriasis that seemed to be getting worse with time. I had large places on my shins and was getting places on my scalp and my back and chest. I thank my Doctor every time I see him for offering Humira to me. I hope it keeps working with no side effects. I am 46 years old and this Psoriasis hit me about three years ago from nowhere, no family history of it.

September 22, 2011 11:53 AM

Review by howell6546312:

I have been on Humira for over 6 months. The 1st 16 weeks were amazing. I didn't have flakes everywhere, my Psoriasis was barely noticeable, I was so happy and actually had hope for the first time in years. Unfortunately, it is back with a vengeance. I have never missed a dose (2 injections each month every other week). I'm back to flaking everywhere and now I have developed them in my scalp. It doesn't work for everyone, the important thing is to never quit.

September 21, 2011 4:46 PM

Effectively controlling my psoriasis like nothing I've ever tried and I experience little to no side effects (mild bruising and redness at injection site). The shot is slightly painful and it takes a lot of working up courage when I stick myself with it.

August 7, 2011 10:28 AM

Review by jminae19:

I had great results for the first several months. I now have been injecting for a year now, and I do have several spots that will not clear up and have even gotten worse. On the other hand a lot has cleared up.

July 25, 2011 11:50 PM

Review by texasrancher:

After taking the shots It was amazing, 6 weeks and I was cleared up. I had 75% to 80% coverage. After 3 months I quit. It stated to come back so I started again. I feel better. Went to the beach for the 1st time and pool party in years. I am 49 year old man. As far as side effects we will see. For now I am happy.

June 16, 2011 3:15 PM

Review by 33yroldpatient:

After taking Methotrexate for several years with great results until a year or so. Now I've done my starter Humira doses three days ago and believe it or not I've already seen a slight result... all the redness has subsided. And scaliness has gone away. Here's hoping for the best.

May 23, 2011 2:38 PM

Review by chamryre:

After suffering 75% coverage for 25 years and various medications and creams which helped a little for a few weeks or months, Humira has totally cleared all my skin. I still have dark scars from where it used to be on my back and legs, but they don't bother me in the slightest. I have been on Humira treatment since December 2009. No more vacuuming the floor every day for dead skin flakes, my princess thinks that's the best result!

March 25, 2011 6:59 PM

Review by BigFluff:

Humira cleared my psoriasis in three weeks. Then it came back 3 times worse, 3 times more painful that it's ever been in the 33 years that I have suffered with it.

December 30, 2009 2:22 PM

Review by Gwynie1:

I had minimal results. My doctor indicated since this is a TNF blocker, my TNF's are already blocked so she decided to place me on another medication. I could feel immediately the response after the injection, but with minimal results. This was such an easy drug to use.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 28, 2009 4:23 PM

I have been Psoriasis free for 2 years because of Humira...for that I am grateful, but I also have to live with Shingles (side effect. You have to take the good with the bad!)

December 14, 2009 9:22 PM

Review by RaleighNC:

First time in 8-10 years I have been able to comfortably wear dark colored shirts. I have been extremely happy with this medicine. I have a few patches on shin and elbow that won't clear, but almost everything else is gone. Also, I used to get a lot of mouth ulcers, and now those are gone too.

May 2, 2009 10:55 PM

Review by HappyRN:

My Dad has been suffering with Psoriasis for way too long. It's emotionally draining for him until we tried Humira. His skin improved within the first week of the injection. The complicated thing was waiting for his health insurance to approve and pay for it. Going through all the tests to make sure he's free of any infection before treatment can be started took awhile also. Overall, we are very happy with the results. We just hope that the price can be cheaper for people without health insurance.

February 28, 2009 4:47 PM