User Reviews for Humira

Learn more about Humira.

Humira Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 230 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Humira to treat Psoriasis

"I just started this a couple months ago and my skin is already so clear! It has never been this clear even when I was on embrel for years."

Annaee June 23, 2015

"I'm a 21 year old female who has been suffering scalp psoriasis since I was in elementary school. I've tried every topic treatment on the market and cortisone injections before my dermatologist decided to put me on Humira. Everyone fails to mention, this stuff hurts, I have a high pain tolerance and the 5 times I've injected myself (with the syringe) I can keep a straight face while I inject it then when I withdraw, I start crying. I have had minimal results but am definitely seeing improvement. I heard the scalp in particular is hard to treat, so I still have high hopes!"

Abby Suh May 14, 2015

"27yr old male. After fighting psoriasis for as long as I can remember with creams, steroidal shots and puva treatment, im finally winning the battle with humira in as short as a month's time. Excited to see how clear my skin will be in the coming months. Sure its got some scary side effects, but so does tylenol for that matter, and they are very rare, and with a doctors supervision with your own awareness and safety intuition makes humira all that more safer...hope it works for you...the poke isnt that bad unless your a wussy"

arjay187211 May 11, 2015

"I am 38 yrs old and have had psoriasis since I was 12. Years of creams/lotions/UV treatments. Many years of "remission" and minimal areas affected and used occasional tanning to treat. Just dealt with it for many years. Last year in March I tried Humira. After a week I started to clear. After 2-3 weeks was completely clear. BUT had also developed night sweats, irregular heartbeat, extreme flashing/alternate co stant pain in my abdominal area, no appetite, headaches - just a few of many side effects. I stopped taking it in May and had many of the side effects gradually subside. Menstrual cycle has become intermittently prefaced by extreme pain for up to a week. Psoriasis flared so bad that almost a year later and its just starting to lessen."

JenFromIA (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

"I can't stress enough to everyone that this stuff works!! Absolutely no side affects, and you don't have to worry about spot treating with topicals. Within 3-4 weeks into Humira, I started seeing results. Even cleared the most stubborn psoriasis I had on my back. Having to inject yourself can scare many people off, but the pens they provide make it super easy and fast. Getting the medicine is a lengthy process but worth the wait! Their copayment is outrageous but they have a coupon to bring it down to only $5!! I love Humira!"

DianaMP (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2015

"I had psoriasis since I was two and my whole body was covered with it until I started using it at age ten. Cleared up right away my mom said- and I sometimes forget that I have psoriasis. I say a nine because I feel my immune system weakened and I need to be extra careful to not get sick. My body loves it so much it gets weird when I skip or forget to pen up myself"

Pookiedai (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 27, 2015

"I'm 52 years old and have had psoriasis since I was 5. I went on Humira a few years ago and stayed on it for 3 years. It cleared me about 98%. I called it a miracle! I decided to make some nutritional changes in my life for the better and went off Humira 6 months ago to see what difference my better eating habits may have made on their own. Unfortunately my psoriasis came back just as bad if not worse than before the Humira. I think I will be going back on it."

Madforelvis January 12, 2015

"Treated severe psoriasis."

Tmoak December 18, 2014

"I have psoriasis on my wrist, elbows and knees. It has been a month now and already seeing great results already, my wrist is all clear. My elbows and knees looking much better. The only side effect I have had is after taking the injection is I feel a little nauseous for about 2 days. Other than that I feel great."

Tim 45 year old male (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2014

"I have been dealing with psoriasis for over 25 years. I have tried many creams, etc., and I have had some success with Enbrel. 25 years means I have multiple issues (skin, nails, scalp, ears, genitals). I injected Humira three days ago, and I see a difference. Many areas of my skin have gotten clearer. I have read other reviews, but I believe it is like many medicines like this. Some work very well for certain people, but is almost harmful for others. I believe anti-depressants work like this. Some work well for some patients, but others need something different. Regardless, it is a struggle. Good luck to everyone finding something that works, at least somewhat."

lokiodiin September 9, 2014

"27 year old female suffering from plaque psoriasis off and on my whole life. These past 4 years has been one steady flare up with an increase in severity. I was on Methotrexate for 1 1/2 years while using various topicals. I've been on Humira for 3 months in addition to the use of Clobex spray and Vectical ointment. It seems as if my nails and scalp have gotten worse and the patches on my calves and arms are not changing. I hope I just have to give Humira a bit more time!"

shanshan672 November 1, 2013

"I have been using Humira to treat my psoriatic arthritis for 12 years along with Methotrexate (currently 43 yrs old). My psoriasis (and arthritis) went away after 3 months of using them and I've never had any side effects. My doc asked me to stop using Humira to see if it was still necessary and now after 3 months my psoriasis is back. Going back to the doctors to get his approval to go back on it. It has worked perfectly for me, you just have to deal with the pain of the monthly injection, also it is very expensive if you don't have insurance."

Marc123 August 26, 2013

"I have been a sufferer of Psoriasis since I was born. Since then I have used so many treatments over the past 20 years but none has worked as well as Humira! Within 6 weeks my Psoriasis was clearing up and my skin in general is so soft. It is quite painful to administer but its just a stinging sensation and you only have to do it once a fortnight- so it's worth it! Recently, I've had a few patches come back but I've been under a lot of stress at work so that's understandable. I've had one or two side effects but nothing major. I've been getting tired quite a lot and I've been getting quite bad spots on my face but it's nothing unbearable. I don't have to pay for Humira as I am taking it for research purposes."

Lucy Kavanagh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 29, 2013

"24 years old and a sufferer since 5. After Humira, my psoriasis is starting to clear up. Not totally but starting to fade. As for the nails, not much of a change. I had very bad plaque psoriasis covering almost every part of my body and guttate psoriasis mainly on my wrists, arms, and back. It was painful when the lesions on my shins would crack and bleed. I've tried almost every cream/spray but those only temporary relieved them. But ever since I started Humira 2 months ago the plaque went away, my scalp psoriasis is gone, guttate psoriasis is clearing, and overall no more itching, flaking, cracking, and bleeding! The only side effects, if they are even caused by this medication is that I've been getting acne."

Joe somebody (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2013

"I have had psoriasis since I was 5 years old, today I am 63 years old. When I started to take the Humira injections about a 1 1/2 years ago I was a little afraid of the results. I had not been clear since the age of 5 so I was in doubt that this would clear my body. But shortly after taking the injections my psoriasis went away and I am still clear today. It has been so wonderful not to have to wear long sleeves and long pants for the first time in my life. Thank you Humira for helping me. This has been a miracle for me!"

Saoakley April 25, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I wanted to tell people about Humira. I have been on it 10days with no side effects! My scalp was 95% covered by Psoriasis. I started my first injection March 1st and today my scalp and behind my ears are clearer. The Humira pen is nothing to worry about doesn't hurt. Leave it out 30 mins and inject in your stomach easy as can be! Good luck everyone."

t rex (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2013

"It was hard for my mom to find a Dermatoligist in my area to start me on Humira because I was 14 years old. I was covered from head to toe and my fingernails and toenails were so thick and painful. I had been suffering since the age of 3 and we had tried everything known to Physicians and man. Finally a Dermatologist started me on two 40 mg shots per month. BAM! I was completely clear in 2 months. And I can honestly and whole-heartedly say that Humira has given me my life. I am now a thriving 16 year old 10th grader. My grades have dramatically improved. I can write without pain. I can walk and wear shoes without pain. I had never worn a pair of shorts to school and now I wear shorts and swim. Humira was a miracle for me and my family."

Kirky (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2013

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have now been clear for over 2 years, having had chronic psoriasis for 33 years. It has now given me the time and confidence to enjoy life and not stop me doing things I enjoy like swimming."

pauljrb (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 14, 2012

"I have been on Humira for over 4 months now with minimal results. I now have psoriasis in places I never had it before. So my Doctor just took me off Humira and I am now going to try Enbrel. Sometimes what works for one person does not work for everyone. I sure miss the Methotrexate, it was a great for 3 years, but cannot take it anymore due to it messing up my bone marrow, which is finally starting to go back to normal after 6 months. Good luck everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2012

"I have had psoriasis since I was 16 years old, covering over 90% of my body. I am a woman of 53 now, I have used creams, to no avail. I have been on Humira injections for about 18 months and I am clear and was actually able to wear a bathing suit to the beach this year with no signs anywhere of psoriasis. It has truly changed my life and my outlook. I am after all these years finally clear, normal. I don't have to hide myself with long sleeves and long pants year round, answer those awkward questions and looks from strangers. Truly a wonderful medication. No side effects as of yet, not looking for any this far along in treatment. The shot does tend to be a bit painful, through the few moments of pain, I receive clear skin."

cholee July 19, 2012

"I just started Humira the beginning of this month, I'll be taking my fourth shot next week. I have to say I'm very impressed! I've had psoriasis since I was 18 and I'm almost 22 now. I have it on my elbows, legs, feet and scalp. After the first 2 starter doses, my elbows are completely cleared. The spots on my legs and feet are in the process of fading! I'm so anxious to see the improvement after a few months! The only side effects I've noticed is that I'm much more tired and my muscles are achy .. But I much rather deal with that any day of my psoriasis. I strongly suggest trying this medicine if you are struggling with psoriasis. I was honestly out of options, tried everything else and nothing ever worked. TRY IT."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2012

"I have had psoriasis for about 15 years now. I tried all the creams out there and nothing touched it. I was on Methotrexate for 2 years and I was completely clear for the whole time but I was the rare case where methotrexate has affected my bone marrow and I cannot take it any longer. I have been on Humira for a month now and I am seeing a slight improvement."

Anonymous April 23, 2012

"Just took my third shot and starting to notice its slowing down my psoriasis! No major results yet like I've read from others but I can tell it's working a little bit. Hope it clears it all like a lot of other people have reported. Don't believe the hype about the pen being so painful, its not that bad. If you have had psoriasis as long as me you are used to a little pain from the itching. I was gonna have to pay $200 a month for my copay but my wife is a nurse and recommended calling Humira to ask for assistance. They have a Humira card that made my copay only 5 dollars. "

TONYthe tiga November 11, 2011

"I have used Humira for about 1 year and 4 months. This has been great. I still use the Clobex spray on the tough spots that seem to never clear up. But, they are very small. If you are suffering from psoriasis then I would recommend trying Humira for sure. The warnings they give make me a little nervous however. I had moderate Psoriasis that seemed to be getting worse with time. I had large places on my shins and was getting places on my scalp and my back and chest. I thank my Doctor every time I see him for offering Humira to me. I hope it keeps working with no side effects. I am 46 years old and this Psoriasis hit me about three years ago from nowhere, no family history of it."

kre13 September 22, 2011

"I have been on Humira for over 6 months. The 1st 16 weeks were amazing. I didn't have flakes everywhere, my Psoriasis was barely noticeable, I was so happy and actually had hope for the first time in years. Unfortunately, it is back with a vengeance. I have never missed a dose (2 injections each month every other week). I'm back to flaking everywhere and now I have developed them in my scalp. It doesn't work for everyone, the important thing is to never quit. "

howell6546312 September 21, 2011