User Reviews for Adalimumab

Also known as: Humira

Learn more about Adalimumab.

Spondyloarthritis 1 reviews 67 medications

6.3
Hidradenitis Suppurativa 1 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Adalimumab reviews 258 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Adalimumab

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "Psoriasis is a nightmare..started severely as a teenager (in my thirties now) and could cover up to 30% of my body at certain times of the year. Tried steroid creams, light treatment, methotrexate, dietary changes..everything..with some reasonable result's..have been on humira now for slightly over 1 year..there is no product in the UK market that even comes close to the results I have achieved with humira..it has changed my life for the better..make no mistake..I am normally 98% psoriasis free..barring slight flare ups (winter etc)..my only issues with humira have been weight gain and the fact that I may have to inject myself for the rest of my life."

garymck (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease: "I've had Crohn's for years and diagnosed with arthritis my doctors said Humira would be the answer. After 6mo's of taking the 40mg pen, I can't say I'm feeling any better. The biggest problem is I'm in more pain than ever just in different places, and I have gained 25lbs since starting Humira. My nurse ambassador says pain and weight gain are not one of the side effects so I'm still taking the Humira. I'd like to know if anyone else has had these two problems while taking Humira? More pain and weight gain, please let me know. Thank you"

Moon414 February 1, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis for about 15 years and it has progressed over the years to covering about 20% of my body with severe scalp coverage. I had been on cremes, sprays, pills, etc with no good long term results (and at best just halting its path forward but not reversing it). After 2 weeks on Humira I could see a difference. I am at the 3 month stage and the flaking patches are gone and most of the smaller patches are completely gone. The heavy large patches on my legs , torso only have a slight discoloration now. It works and its easy."

Fred_Flintstone (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "Humira is a great suffered from birth (30 yrs) tried everything!!! Want to post pic but can't "

Psoriasis who!!!! January 30, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis since I was 20 years old. I am now 35. I started using Humira about 2 months ago and when I look at my skin now, I want to cry from joy!! Its gone!! All of the psoriasis is just GONE!! 15 years I have had people look at me weird and think I am diseased, now I look like any other person with clear skin. It is wonderful and I want to hug the makers of this amazing medicine!"

ReaRea (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "RA for 10 yrs, injecting 25mg of MTX for couple of years after having too many s/effects on oral MTX. Then getting flares and not well controlled on MTX so started on Humira, injected fortnightly and remaining on MTX. No major side effects. But not benefit. Nothing. Nada. No relief from symptoms at all. Rheumatologist took me off it and now probably going to start on Enbrel. Apparently I sit in the 1/3 of people for whom there is no benefit. Hoping Embrel will work because I'm over it. It's no life."

Samantha66 January 22, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Spondyloarthritis: "Went from inflammation in almost all my joints to nothing! Am symptom free, playing sports like I used to. Auto-injector is a piece of cake. Only hassles thing is that it must be refrigerated."

Connor23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "Ok! I have a friend who had a strong psoriasis all over his head and body everybody at work felt bad for him and offered him doctors , Medicine's, vitamins, light treatment, for months but no changes, we all where so disappointed, after a little time we saw his forehead is getting better from day to day, and we where shocked from suddenly such good results, and than he told us that he started with humira shots ... After seeing such results, I decided to spread this good news for all the people who are suffering so much from psoriasis, (he didnt have side effects, male in the late 20s)"

Philip Rozen January 21, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: "It was awesome while it lasted but it eventually caused pressure in my spinal fluid and gave me very severe headaches. I had to go off of Humira. I developed severe Crohn's symptoms and had to have a permanent ostomy. I will soon get a proctectomy also."

Sloth Boy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "This seems to have kept my crohns under control for periods at a time.. But I realise especially after reviewing others experiences that I have developed psoriasis due to the humira. It is so bad now all over my scalp I have a lot of hair loss. It's all about weighing things up I know, but now my skin is reacting to my ileiostomy bag. I have no choice but to stop it. My skin reacts to anything. What a shame. It seems this drug suits many people, but also completely doesn't work for many others."

MissPenny56 January 15, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "I've had psoriasis 12 years I am now 25 years old and have been on Humira for a little over 6 months now and love it! mM psoriasis started out on my scalp and only got worse over the years. When I started Humira I was Covered head to toe. I tried creams oils shampoos then on to methotrexate to light treatments which none had the affects of Humira! Anyway I'm now 98% clear with just small spots on my elbows that never went away fully. I am very happy with the results Humira changed my life!"

Slingar January 10, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I took Embrel for several years before switching to Humira. I liked the thought of synthetic mouse protein over live mouse protein...plus I was having terrible injection site reactions to Enbrel. Humira almost killed me. I developed a severe jaw bone infection. Was hospitalized for days with IV antibiotics...almost died. I developed severe Central Nervous Symptoms...was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis...was Multiple Sclerosis, but the Humira reaction mimicked that. I lost almost a 100 pounds in 6 weeks (the only perk) and had the MS symptoms for 6 months. Six years later, I still have the CNS symptoms, if I get a fever. This drug left lesions in my brain and my spine and that's why I get recurring CNS symptoms."

Long Island January 9, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "I am 18 now and I was 5 when I had started having symptoms of crohn's disease and finally after 8 months of suffering they finally tested me and diagnosed me. I'm going to make this short, crohn's has been hell for me. I was finally put on remicaid, It put me in remission for three years until I started to have a reaction to the medication and I was diagnosed with drug induced lupus. A couple months ago I was admitted into the hospital and later was put on humira, a little skeptical but I had no choice. I can tell it has helped but it does cause major hair loss in some patients as I am dealing with right now. My hair has never been in the best condition because of the medication but so far the medication has really improved my health!"

Alexis K. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "At 23 my RA got so bad that walking & lifting my hands over my head was enough to make me wince in pain. Doc prescribed me Humira, and my pain went away overnight (literally). I continued taking it for a year, and I haven't had a single notable flare-up since the first injection. I still get random SMALL aches but they're completely forgetabble. Can't say the list of long-term side effects don't scare me. So since I feel 100%, I've decided I no longer want it. Have actually been off the med for about 6 months now and not a single flare-up. Doc pressured me to mix it with Methotrexate, but I'm not a human test subject so that ain't happening. Doctors, please listen to your patients. If they feel great, don't force MORE meds on them."

Took it for RA for a year. (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease: "Hi there, I suffered for many year with Crohn's having has a resection, fistulas, perforation, strictures you name it, having had antibodies after not using infiximab for a year I started Humira 13 days ago, so far so good, no side effects as yet, didn't even hurt to administer and for the first time in years I can hear my stomach actually making a noise !! I seem to be very more energetic as the days go by, fingers crossed it continues. Had no pain whatsoever in 6 days."

Angiecakes (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I am a 57 year old female, diagnosed with RA 29 years ago. I took Enbrel for 9 years, but began to have more frequent flares, so my rheumatologist switched me to Humira. I took the first injection 20 days ago and felt great until day 12, when I developed severe flu-like symptoms, with aches and pains and had a significant rash over my entire body and face. It was like having a major RA flare plus an itchy rash and headache at the same time. I was prescribed a six-day dose of prednisone and 24 hour a day Benadryl. I had little improvement three days latter and received a steroid shot which was three days ago. Four days later, I still have significant overall weakness, a major headache and injection site reaction from the initial and last injection."

Kimberli Jeffers (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Took the pen injection once every 2 weeks for 4 years. Went from 18 inches from the ground vertically bending over too touching my toes. From partial flex of my neck to full flex. Still have common arthritis problem such as inflamed vertebra and joints. Humria cleared my psoriasis completely. Wonderful working medicine. I can now do many more physical things and a lot more flexable without pain or stiffness. But for warning, let the pen warm to room temperature to reduce bruising."

James Conner Smith December 17, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I am a 46 yr old male. Diagnosed 16 yrs ago with psoriatic arthritis and ulcerative colitis. Treated with meloxicam and sulfasalazine but I have been prescribed so many different NSAIDs over the years. Have had iritis, and small patches of psoriasis on knees. Recently, disease has progressed to AS. Pain in hips, lower back and neck was terrible. Months of pain. My RA Dr suggested Humira. I researched and initially was nervous of side effects but honestly, the pain was so bad I needed to try something. I took my first injection two days ago and already my pain is nearly gone. What a difference in such a short time. No side effects yet but I am staying positive."

Andyzx (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: "I had an ileostomy 34 years ago, whilst in my 20s, for severe Ulcerative Colitis. After many obstructions I had been left with short bowel syndrome. Two years ago I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease after fistulas started leaking faeces through my skin. After a 6 hour surgery I was put on Humira. After a year I came out of remission and was put on Humira weekly. Despite that I am now bleeding internally. I have only 4 foot of bowel left and have just finished 60 day diet without food. I have nowhere to go as my surgeon said further surgery isn't an option. Humira has extended my life by slowing the disease I'm sure. Every day is a blessing and I'm so much better than 2 years ago. I still have time to enjoy life with my family. I'm grateful"

Possumrael (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 16, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "In my case it has slowed down the RA but it has not been a cure all. Burns like hades for about 3-5 minuts after the injection. Started on Orencia, then Cimzia, now Humira. Also on Arava as I do not tolerate MT well."

Fordownr (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have used this product with great success for years! My daughter uses it for Crohn's Disease with good success. My reason for writing this review is say I am so happy with this company!. Being a senior , I am on a fixed income. The company provided me with a coach & now get it for free. The delivery is amazing. I get several months at a time & of course have to be at home to sign for it as it is an expensive medicine. I was advised the medicine would arrive around 10AM today. At 10:10 AM my door bell rang and received my supply for a couple months arrived ."

Paul Garrison (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 1, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Began experiencing rheumatoid arthritis in Spring of 2014. Was put on methotrexate and Humira. The arthritis was affecting my wrists, hands and fingers with severe pain, with some additional pain to both knees, ankles, feet and toes. At 52 years of age the debilitating pain was not acceptable. Almost immediate relief from pain was achieved with these medications, but the side effects began. Yeast infections, skin rashes, etc. Quit both meds in December 2014. The severe pain in both hands has returned. Have an appointment in January 2016 with a new rheumatologist for a second opinion for treatment. For those with allergies and sinus infections, try eating some raw local honey each day. Eating honey has taken headaches away for me."

In pain and not liking it November 30, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I read about all of the bad experiences with humira and I never thought it would happen to me. A week after taking my first humira shot I woke up in a horrible rash. This was no normal rash, my whole chest and back was broke out and it was burning. I took benadryl and went to work throughout the day the rash continued to spread over my whole body. I developed a butterfly rash on my face and very little sunlight was burning me.. I went the ER but they didn't know what to do so I went to a urgent care and they gave me prednisone .. The rash has cleared some but I still have it. This was horrifying I will never take it again and you better believe this could happen to you!"

Drone tone November 27, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "Was on Enbrel a few years back, then the plaque came back, my dr put me on humira, it cleared 20% so far. two months plus, will give it more time :-("

jamiexf November 20, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Prior to taking Humira, I competed in marathons, triathlons and an Ironman. Additionally, I was a swimming coach. All of a sudden, I could not walk. I spent days in the hospital with no answer. After one back surgery, and a second one being planned, my rheumatologist prescribed Humira after testing positive for Ankylosing Spondylitis. Within two months, I had no more back spasms, I could sneeze with out a spasm, I could stand long enough to wash dishes. I began walking normal again. It was a long two years of pain and suffering. Now taking Humira, I have my life back. I feel great! Do know, it does 'turn off' your immune system. I found, taking a probiotic with immune support (and lots of hand washing!) it was not a problem."

BMR4 November 13, 2015