User Reviews for Adalimumab

Also known as: Humira

Learn more about Adalimumab.

Crohn's Disease 9 reviews 66 medications

Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Adalimumab reviews 173 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Adalimumab

Review by SlightlyMoreFirmPoop (taken for less than 1 month):

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease: I had been on 5-ASAs (4g per os + 4g enema) for a while and could not improve my symptoms. Humira induced clinical remission almost immediately after the first loading dose (160 mg). I hope it stays this way!

November 20, 2014 10:00 PM

Review by Tim 45 year old male (taken for less than 1 month):

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: I have psoriasis on my wrist, elbows and knees. It has been a month now and already seeing great results already, my wrist is all clear. My elbows and knees looking much better. The only side effect I have had is after taking the injection is I feel a little nauseous for about 2 days. Other than that I feel great.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2014 3:23 PM

Review by Super n (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: 5.5 yrs on this miracle

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2014 3:05 AM

Review by Thank You Abbvie (taken for less than 1 month):

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: I had forgotten how it felt like to be normal and healthy. To have energy. I was experiencing this after three months on Humira only to be abruptly dropped from my insurance plan. So thankful for the Abbvie patient assistance plan which has now approved me for a full year! I am looking forward to getting better again in the months ahead. I was afraid I was going to lose my job because of the flares but now I am hopeful. Thanks

November 1, 2014 9:18 PM

Review by Cinnamon Spice (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Humira gave me my life back! I received four different diagnosis by four different Rheumatologists. Diagnosis: Fibromalagia, Connective Tissue Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, lastly Lupus. I used to have severe joint pain, mostly in my legs, difficulty walking long distances, inflammation, insomnia, depression, 60lb weight gain from steroids, stomach bloating, joint stiffness throughout the night, I would toss and turn throughout the night due to the stiff achey joint pain. My legs were the most achey, I would cry at night because the pain was so unbearable. I hated when it was time for bed, because I knew pain would accompany sleep with stiffness. I felt like I was 90 years old. I was a"Hot Mess!" Thank GOD for Humira!!

October 25, 2014 11:05 PM

Review by PetiteCdn (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have been on all the medicines and have achieved remission of various lengths with gold injections (1.5 yrs), minocycline (8 yrs), Enbrel (5 years before the efficacy started to diminish) and Humira (1 year) over the past 30 years. As a result of all the medicine treatments I now have horrible lung complications similar to COPD (have never smoked anything). When the pain is excruciating you are willing to take anything to make it better. Enbrel and Humira have left me with a continuous sinus infection that I keep under control with regular salt water rinses. I have no ability to fight off infection and keep getting lung infections which require me to stop the injections for the arthritis and every time you stop, your body builds immunity.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 11:10 AM

Review by JHC1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: I've injected three Humira pen needles so far, been on the treatment for six weeks. I've had Psoriatic Arthritis for 13 years. Humira began clearing up the psoriasis on my elbows after the second injection. My scalp is beginning to flake a bit less. My actual arthritis feels about the same so far. My rheumatologist wants me to stay on Humira at least 6 months to try it on my psoriasis, as long as I don't have an adverse reaction to it. It took about six weeks beforehand, after I got the written prescription for my BCBS insurance to approve the twice monthly medicated needles. It's around $5k per month for the two needles but I pay only $90 month co pay after the coverage. I will report back here again if I have further significant recovery, I'm hopeful.

October 19, 2014 10:13 AM

Review by DougUte (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease: Been on Humira over two years. This medicine brought my Crohn's under control. I am on one pen every two weeks. Brought it into remission. Well worth the painful shot. That pain is gone in seconds. Beats chronic pain.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2014 1:20 AM

Review by Daisysofie123 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: I've had Crohn's Disease since I was 8 years old. I am 52 now. I've had over 15 surgeries related to the disease. Humira has made my life so much better than I can ever remember it being. Not only is the medication great, but between the manufacturer (Abbvie), Connecticare,& Walgreens, they have me on a reduced cost plan which makes it easily affordable .

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2014 10:40 PM

Review by lokiodiin:

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: I have been dealing with psoriasis for over 25 years. I have tried many creams, etc., and I have had some success with Enbrel. 25 years means I have multiple issues (skin, nails, scalp, ears, genitals). I injected Humira three days ago, and I see a difference. Many areas of my skin have gotten clearer. I have read other reviews, but I believe it is like many medicines like this. Some work very well for certain people, but is almost harmful for others. I believe anti-depressants work like this. Some work well for some patients, but others need something different. Regardless, it is a struggle. Good luck to everyone finding something that works, at least somewhat.

September 9, 2014 9:21 PM

Review by Zapo:

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Diagnosed with sero negative rheumatoid arthritis about five years ago. It came on very quickly and pain was awful. Took methotrexate, but was quite ill from side effects. Thought I Achieved remission and stopped methotrexate. Unfortunately, the disease was active and recently had a flare that has lasted for months. Blood work all negative. Rheumatologist ordered an MRI and found bone erosion in the wrists. Started Humira and had relief of symptoms shortly after. Just took second injection. The nurse who instructed me on the shots said to leave it out of refrigerator for 30 minutes, ice the site and inject. I have done both injections in my stomach with no pain. Using the Humira pen. Also iced spot for 5 minutes afterwards

September 2, 2014 9:09 PM

Review by Velta12 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: This is a fantastic medicine. I'm 31 years old and have struggled with back pain since being about 25. Being very tall (6'4) many of the issues were put down to my tallness. When the back pain started affecting my breathing I knew something more that being tall was a play. After a number of differing referrals, I was finally passed to a Rheumatology specialist who spotted my symptoms very quickly and suggested my treatment. It took over a month to get the test results and approvals but when I started treatment the results were within a week for me. Now I have next to no pain and I have no real symptoms. The injections are uncomfortable but for 10 seconds of pain for 2 weeks of being able to move and breathe without being in pain is worth it.

August 11, 2014 2:24 PM

Review by T P (taken for less than 1 month):

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2012, at 25. After an allergic reaction to methotrexate, I was put on leflunomide with great success for a short while. Unfortunately for me, my rheumatoid arthritis has affected every joint in my body. Every flare up is different, but everything hurts at some point. I seeked a second opinion and was immediately prescribed Humira. Like many others, I was given the pen. I must say that the suspense leading up to pushing that button is far worse than the 15 or so seconds of pain. I was given a sample fresh from the fridge at my appointment, and it hurt like hell. My nurse shared with me to let it come to room temp. I do my first at-home injection next week. Hoping for great results.

July 30, 2014 9:44 PM

Review by Itchy bryan (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Humira (adalimumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: Unfortunately Humira did not work for my plaque psoriasis. I have psoriasis on the trunks of my legs, elbows, arms, hands and did not experience any clearing after 5 months.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by dagmastr12:

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: I see some comments about painful injections, I had that too but I wasn't letting the medication warm up after taking it out of the refrigerator, if it warms up it's no problem. I've been on this about 4 months and I'm feeling better every week. It's awesome.

June 30, 2014 8:44 AM

Review by Al C:

Humira (adalimumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: I've had moderate psoriasis for over 30 yrs also severe pitting and deteriated finger and toe nails, swollen fingers and toes. After 1 yr on Humira I was 95 % clear including my nails. I'm still doing good on Humira after 4 yrs. I'm probably 80 -85% clear and no scalp psoriasis at all which was real bad. I use the pen for injections. I know eventually it will lose it's effect and then I'll move on to something else. But for now it's shorts, tank tops and a crew cut.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 29, 2014 11:49 PM

Review by Polkadott (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: Since being on Humira, I am a whole new person. It was hard being diagnosed at 29 with a new baby to take care of. I could barely get out of bed, open a jar or change a diaper. I do have headaches often, fatigue and slight mood swings, but worth it. I have my life back.

June 15, 2014 2:25 AM

Review by steve130:

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: I have used this for over a year and a half at first it worked fine however now after long term use I have started to have some heart issues. I'm only 53, have had good heart. Last shot I took put me down for 3 days the second day after I was hardly able to walk and had bad heart palpitations along with high fever all of which are side effects. I have appointment coming up and will not take another shot.

May 24, 2014 8:13 PM

Review by Under 50 with RA (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Humira was my first medicine to try for recently diagnosed rheumatoid arthritis. Had to stop after the 2nd injection due to nausea, lethargy, my teeth hurt and had 3/4 migraines a week. Trying a new medicine now and hope to see results. Humira has a discount program that you only pay $5 for. Ask your doc about it!

May 15, 2014 4:05 PM

Review by Skippygood grief:

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: I fell down quickly when the arthritis part of the psoriasis hit me at 50. I had always had bad nails and I developed psoriasis while taking Alpha Interpheron at 40. At first I took methotrexate 25mg/week by mouth. That was a disaster. I went to sub Q and that worked very well, however, after a year, I began to get sick with the flu or such. It lasted 60 days and I had to get off the methotrexate and nearly wound up in the ICU. From a cold or flu! Got better, then 45 days later, got sick again. Thanks to the ACA, I have insurance and am able to take Humira. It works pretty well on the psoriasis and also works pretty well on the arthritis. But, after several months, my feet are getting sore and my right wrist is weakening.

April 15, 2014 6:16 PM

Review by Bw853 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Limited improvement after 6 months, developed bad rash and MD refused to continue medication.

March 15, 2014 12:50 AM

Review by Jeannie in DC:

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: When I started taking Humira in 2008, I was covered over 80% of my body. Took Humira, and it was at least 8 weeks (if not more) for any improvement on the plaque psoriasis, although I noticed big improvement in arthritis pain and stiffness. Once it cleared, within 2 years it was again widespread. Finally I have been on it regularly for two years in addition to Methotrexate (without it I feel it in my knees and hands). I now only have no more than 5 spots here and there. Very happy with it, and only side effect was 1 time liver function affected, but easily fixed with lesser dose of Methotrexate.

March 11, 2014 7:20 PM

Review by Creaky man-89 (taken for less than 1 month):

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: I have had psoriasis since I was 15 and mild psoriatic arthritis since I was 20, now four years later my psoriasis started to flare up after nearly a three and a half year remission due to treatment and develop in all the old places with it came severe psoriatic arthritis. Over the course of four months I went from moving normally to being in severe nearly constant pain and walking with a cane. I went to my dermatologist to see about any treatments and she prescribed me Humira. The day after the first two pen treatment I was walking with little pain and within a week I didn't need a cane any more. So far the only side effect I have had was a mild headache after the injection. Humira essentially gave me my life back.

March 10, 2014 2:03 AM

Review by PsAth (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: I have been on Humira for over 7 years. I first tried Remicade in 2001 and it was a miracle. I have had psoriasis since age 14 and Psoriatic arthritis since 1994 but symptoms of the arthritis since 1989. I was always a runner but gave that up in 1998 until Remicade. Remicade worked great for a few years but eventually your own body builds up antibodies to it and it stops working. I have tried 4 other biologic medicines but always come back to Humira one shot a week. Over the years it has stopped working as well but I notice the difference when I do not take my shot. Still pretty miserable but still able to work full time and take care of my family. The IL 17 inhibitors are coming out soon and they look very promising.

March 7, 2014 12:32 AM

Review by doctorshaps (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: Humira has really been a life saver. I wasn't sure if I was going to see another day in my life without pain and then I was introduced to Humira..it truly is a blessing, I don't have any side effects from the shot at all.

February 24, 2014 4:48 PM