User Reviews for Adalimumab

Also known as: Humira

Learn more about Adalimumab.

Behcet's Disease 2 reviews 1 medications

7.7
Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Adalimumab reviews 209 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Adalimumab

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "I just started this a couple months ago and my skin is already so clear! It has never been this clear even when I was on embrel for years."

Annaee June 23, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Hi! I have been living with RA for the past 8yrs. I have it in my left foot and both wrist moving to my knees. (lovely)@ 53? As everyone knows who is on the site the pain for most of us is constant. Wake up w/ it still there if you want to go walking mid afternoon. Dinner time tired don't feel like cooking. Tell your MD, They tell you about Humira.... All these great biogenics on the market, how good are they? Last Sat I ended up in the hospital over night. Feeling heart racing. Sweating, body and mind feeling exhausted can't move or even lift my hand. Has anybody got any of these symptoms while taking Humira. I welcome any feedback.."

doxiemom1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "In response to Rick. I started Humira had good results. Then needed to come off it because I injured tendons in my foot. When I restarted Humira, I have not achieved the same results. My joints are red, swelled, and remain in a lot of pain."

Angie Pooh June 1, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease: "I don't think this is working.....Now I have Psoriasis all over my hands!!! this is also supposed to be used to TREAT PSORIASIS!!"

Stanly7600 May 25, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "20 plus years with ulcerative colitis and I'm running out of options. Just had the start up shots several days ago and the running to the bathroom has slowed down to almost normal. I know it's early on this deal and there's no silver bullet for a cure I'm just looking to be somewhat better."

Skipper1966 May 18, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "A severe joint/muscle pain was completely cleared after the first injection. No further joint inflammation occurred; the affected joints remained as deformed as they were but without any pain. A widespread scalp psoriasis was cleared during the first two months. Subsequent occurrences of psoriasis were very mild and short."

Efry May 17, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "I have had Chron's symptoms for about 10months. I was in severe pain with the constant inflammation. I was vomiting and the nausea was unbearable. I recently started humira. After one week of starting my injections, I immediately noticed that I had no more pain. I am able to eat without feeling awful afterwards. The only side effects I've experienced are headache and fatigue, but nothing too unmanageable."

Breezy88 May 17, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "I'm a 21 year old female who has been suffering scalp psoriasis since I was in elementary school. I've tried every topic treatment on the market and cortisone injections before my dermatologist decided to put me on Humira. Everyone fails to mention, this stuff hurts, I have a high pain tolerance and the 5 times I've injected myself (with the syringe) I can keep a straight face while I inject it then when I withdraw, I start crying. I have had minimal results but am definitely seeing improvement. I heard the scalp in particular is hard to treat, so I still have high hopes!"

Abby Suh May 14, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "27yr old male. After fighting psoriasis for as long as I can remember with creams, steroidal shots and puva treatment, im finally winning the battle with humira in as short as a month's time. Excited to see how clear my skin will be in the coming months. Sure its got some scary side effects, but so does tylenol for that matter, and they are very rare, and with a doctors supervision with your own awareness and safety intuition makes humira all that more safer...hope it works for you...the poke isnt that bad unless your a wussy"

arjay187211 May 11, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been taking Humira for 2 years now. I have had RA since 2008. No one in my family has had RA. I noticed the first week of taking Humira that my pain and swelling was gone. I do get the sinus infections and dry skin on my feet. I am SO happy not having as much pain. I can live with the infections or dry feet."

Daisy Duk (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 9, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "My back and hip pain started back in 2001. I seen soo many doctors for it and was told I was too fat so I dropped 100lbs and the pain got worse. Then I was told I was pill seeking. Told that doctor if a fricken Midol took away the pain I would take that! Finally after 10 years of pain my gastroenterologist tested me for AS and it came back positive. I was diagnosed with Colitis back in 96 so I'm not sure why they didn't put two and two together and as a result since I went untreated for a decade my spine and hips are really messed up. I was on Enbrel which was amazing. Just switched to humira. Praying it kicks in soon!!! Tired of the pain!!!"

CLE2004 (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I was diagnosed with Ankylosing spondilitis 8 months ago at the age of 49 although I had back pain and sacroiliac joint pain for many years which seemed to be getting worse and worse. I started getting inflammation in my eyes about 10 years ago. (uveitis) On my orthamogist's advice, I saw a reumatologist and even though white lines appeared on my SI joints on MRI scans she was unhelpful. I got worse and kept self medicating. After more bouts of uveitis I went to see the reumatologist again who tested me for the HLA gene. When it came back negative, she dismissed me again until 3 years later I could no longer walk even though I had been swimming and doing Pilates. Humira has given me my life back after 4 months. My mobility is back."

Leyla Murad May 6, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been on Humira since January and my pain is worse, especially in my upper extremities. I was told at the time I started Humira that my Thyroid levels were too low (Hashimoto disease). The doctor upped thyroid meds at that time I am wondering if perhaps that is playing a roll in my RA not improving. It is hard to be patient when in pain."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "I am 38 yrs old and have had psoriasis since I was 12. Years of creams/lotions/UV treatments. Many years of "remission" and minimal areas affected and used occasional tanning to treat. Just dealt with it for many years. Last year in March I tried Humira. After a week I started to clear. After 2-3 weeks was completely clear. BUT had also developed night sweats, irregular heartbeat, extreme flashing/alternate co stant pain in my abdominal area, no appetite, headaches - just a few of many side effects. I stopped taking it in May and had many of the side effects gradually subside. Menstrual cycle has become intermittently prefaced by extreme pain for up to a week. Psoriasis flared so bad that almost a year later and its just starting to lessen."

JenFromIA (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Humira lowered my immunity to where I suddenly got severe pneumonia that spread very fast. I had never had lung problems before this happened. After 2 weeks in hospital with all different kinds of antibiotics and antifungal and drained fluid from the lung, I started to get better.This was after stopping the Humira first day in the hospital. Now have scarred lung and cold to show for it. I will not be going back on it!"

jayAll (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I'm not one for hyperbole but genuinely think its a miracle. I've just had a proper good sneeze. Full inhalation, full 'James Brown' "Owwww!" At the end. First time in over a year not been halted mid-sneeze by the pain of the inhalation or having had to control the sneeze to a mild 'heeewwwwww-Ouch' Sounds ridiculous to those who've never felt that way, but in addition to the normal yada-yada-yada of being able to stand up and walk etc a proper sneeze or laugh or cough is priceless."

JC.99 March 31, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "On Humira approx 4-5 yrs now. I understand the risk of your immune system being compromised however the relief I receive outweighs in my mind that risk. I am overall a healthy and active individual. I'm 56. I take Methotrexate in combination with the Humira. Early January 2015 I had a knee replacement. Successful surgery. I needed to be off the Humira for more than 2 months due to that. during that time I had major flareups. I've been injecting again with the humira pen , 3x in 3 weeks...it's not yet working again....Has anyone experienced this being off of it for a few months and then starting up and the humira being non-effective? I'd be interested to know. I'm at the point to ask my Rheum what gives? Diff treatment options?"

Rick in Phila (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Don't let doctors give you ciprofloxacin or any fluoroquinolone antibiotics, while you are taking Humira."

aloneyu March 24, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis after 2 years of awful pain. I am now using Humira with methotrexate. I also take sulfasalizine antibiotic daily due to lowered immunity. I take Prilosec for heartburn. I am able to work a full time job and do most things that I enjoy."

Lori Liz (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 24, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "I can't stress enough to everyone that this stuff works!! Absolutely no side affects, and you don't have to worry about spot treating with topicals. Within 3-4 weeks into Humira, I started seeing results. Even cleared the most stubborn psoriasis I had on my back. Having to inject yourself can scare many people off, but the pens they provide make it super easy and fast. Getting the medicine is a lengthy process but worth the wait! Their copayment is outrageous but they have a coupon to bring it down to only $5!! I love Humira!"

DianaMP (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "I'm on weekly 15mg methotrexate and fortnightly Humira. Is everybody on both of just the Humira. Luckily it's government funded."

Boltmannz March 7, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I am a 43 year old male. I have been struggling with hip and lower back pain for about 5 years now. Been on NSAIDS for inflammation and pain. Don't really remember what a full night of rest feels like. To be honest I was scared to take Humira until I done my own research. On 2-11-2015 I had my first shot of Humira. I'm thinking this sucker is going to really hurt. Took me about 5 minutes to get my nerve up. Oh well I pushed the button and the rest is history. OMG!!!!!!!!! Why did I wait so long. To me the shot doesn't hurt but it does sting just a little. 2 days after the shot. No pain in hips and sleeping all night. I still have some tightness in my lower back when I wake up. So far its a miracle."

The Air Man (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease: "Well, I have been on Humira for 15 months now. At first, it was my only maintenance med for what was a Crohn's Disease diagnosis. About 9 months in, I had a flare that spread to virtually every system in my body. Joints, bladder and kidney, skin, liver, blood, brain, you get the picture. The dr bumped my dose to once a week, added prednisone and methotrexate. I'm well on my way to better. Humira injections do cause discomfort. I let mine warm up to room temperature and plan an ice pack for after the injection. Helps a whole lot."

emilydee (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 15, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "As a new Crohn's patient I had read a lot of horror stories about this disease and the medications used to control it - myself, I went on Azathioprine first but it stopped working gradually. Humira has honestly been a God send so far, I have my life back and no symptoms 99% of the time, I'm so thankful! Only thing I'm worried about now is if it stops working, but nothing has happened yet and I am past the danger zone apparently."

Squelia (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2015

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I was offered Humira by a specialist in rheumatoid arthritis. I was iffy about taking this treatment, I have several discs that are damaged from 15 years of being a Union Flooring Installer, and I was seeking a more permanent solution for the pain, little did I know what kind of ride I was in for. The RA Dr. was very eager to put me on Humira, after seeing him just twice. After injected, I experienced a wide array of side effects; flu like pain in lower back (never goes away) caused my C2 pain medicine to have 0 affect (240mg Oxycontin), my entire body felt blotted, my taste-buds were messed up, I was not aware of my surroundings at times, insomnia, stomach aches, and gas! Feeling cold often."

AMD is GARBAGE (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2015