User Reviews for Acyclovir

Also known as: Zovirax Cream, Zovirax Ointment

Learn more about Acyclovir.

Acyclovir Review Summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 24 medications used in the treatment of Cold Sores.

Reviews for Acyclovir to treat Cold Sores

"I all ways get cold sores. I tried everything and nothing worked better then this. And the cold sores don't come as frequent after using zovirax. Gone within 2-3days if you catch while it's tingling it wouldn't show at all"

Endyia Danea (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2015

Zovirax Ointment (acyclovir): "I have tried everything, from home remedies to over the counter cold sore treatments. Well, my doctor prescribed Zovirax and since then I have been nothing but thankful. The first sign, apply the ointment. It wont make the cold sore go away immediately but by the 2nd day its dried up and within 4 days its gone. I love Zovirax."

Ramboo2015928 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 8, 2015

Zovirax Ointment (acyclovir): "I have been dealing with cold sores for the past 10 years. I usually would only get 2 per year during an extreme weather change. I've tried Abreva, Releev, Campho, etc.... Nothing really worked at all accept drying the area. Well this Fall and Winter season, I had 3 outbreaks and at the 3rd, I said enough is enough. I read all the reviews online and decided to go with the Zovirax ointment. I got a prescription from my dentist 1st day I noticed the tingling (prodromal stage). The meds indicate this is the best time to start applying. I applied several times the first day and the next day I woke up and hardly saw a thing on my lip. I applied the ointment about 5 times that day even tho it seemed to be gone. 3rd day GONE!!! Miracle!!"

Jemsgirl February 21, 2012

Zovirax Ointment (acyclovir): "I find this the only treatment which can nip a cold sore before it develops. If one does develop, it also eliminates the pain faster (2-3 days) than any other creams I've tried. I also discovered after more than five years of annoying outbreaks that cold sores in the summer actually came from sunburned lips. Once I started to completely cover my lips before spending time in the sun, they did not come back. Here, prevention is the key."

jpewtherer January 12, 2011

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir): "it is very effective!"

Anonymous March 18, 2010

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir): "Great treatment!"

Anonymous November 22, 2009

"It is well worth the cost, decreases out break time and reduces pain and embarrassment."

12JULIE October 14, 2009

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir): "When I feel a cold sore coming on (tingle) I rub it on and it stops the outbreak. Only thing is it tastes horrible; sometimes it's hard not to rub your lips around the mouth without getting some in."

Anonymous December 10, 2008