User Reviews for Acyclovir

Also known as: Zovirax Cream, Zovirax Ointment

Learn more about Acyclovir.

Cold Sores 8 reviews 33 medications

9.2
Herpes Simplex 3 reviews 6 medications

8.7
Summary of Acyclovir reviews 11 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Acyclovir

For Cold Sores: "I all ways get cold sores. I tried everything and nothing worked better then this. And the cold sores don't come as frequent after using zovirax. Gone within 2-3days if you catch while it's tingling it wouldn't show at all"

Endyia Danea (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2015

Zovirax Ointment (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "I have tried everything, from home remedies to over the counter cold sore treatments. Well, my doctor prescribed Zovirax and since then I have been nothing but thankful. The first sign, apply the ointment. It wont make the cold sore go away immediately but by the 2nd day its dried up and within 4 days its gone. I love Zovirax."

Ramboo2015928 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 8, 2015

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Herpes Simplex: "I have lived 14 years with cold sores from HSV 1, spending $20/tube on Abreva and suffering from annual break outs, some worse than others, but all embarrassing and painful! I never thought to ask for an prescfription, but coincidentally had a cold sore on my lip when I went to see my OBGYN last year. She noticed it and wrote me an Rx for Zovirax cream, and I let it sit in my wallet for a couple months until I felt the tell-tale "tingling". This stuff really works, and if you apply it early enough, the sore won't even really form or blister and will completely disappear within 3-5 days. It's amazing, and totally worth it. Do yourself a favor and get it! It was only $30, and the tube is bigger than a tube of Abreva."

Very satisfied! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 8, 2015

Zovirax Ointment (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "I have been dealing with cold sores for the past 10 years. I usually would only get 2 per year during an extreme weather change. I've tried Abreva, Releev, Campho, etc.... Nothing really worked at all accept drying the area. Well this Fall and Winter season, I had 3 outbreaks and at the 3rd, I said enough is enough. I read all the reviews online and decided to go with the Zovirax ointment. I got a prescription from my dentist 1st day I noticed the tingling (prodromal stage). The meds indicate this is the best time to start applying. I applied several times the first day and the next day I woke up and hardly saw a thing on my lip. I applied the ointment about 5 times that day even tho it seemed to be gone. 3rd day GONE!!! Miracle!!"

Jemsgirl February 21, 2012

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Herpes Simplex: "I got HSV-1 in 2008 from my cheating on my now ex-wife. It was never a problem until a breakout in 2010. I never went on antivirals until this breakout and I now know why this was so bad. In summer of 2010 I had neck surgery and had 4 fusions from c4-c7 and after reviewing this, the virus lies dormant in the base of the neck in nerve are called the ganglion. If you have HSV-2 (genital) herpes it lies in the lower back dormant. So, my first breakout 6 months ago in June 2011 gave me the worst ever making not only a cold sore but fever blister clusters on top and middle lip. Been on acyclovir since July 400mg twice daily. Still barely helped. 3 days ago got Zovirax cream and after 6 months its finally gone. This works awesome."

betterdays39 November 17, 2011

Zovirax Ointment (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "I find this the only treatment which can nip a cold sore before it develops. If one does develop, it also eliminates the pain faster (2-3 days) than any other creams I've tried. I also discovered after more than five years of annoying outbreaks that cold sores in the summer actually came from sunburned lips. Once I started to completely cover my lips before spending time in the sun, they did not come back. Here, prevention is the key."

jpewtherer January 12, 2011

Zovirax Ointment (acyclovir) for Herpes Simplex: "I've been using this product for years. It's the best thing to not having an outbreak. You must catch it on the first sign though, when the tingling begins if possible. After that it will run its full course in pain at the site. I have outbreaks frequently so I should know. I have trouble controlling when I have an OUTBREAK. I control how I can deal with it when it comes."

iamasurvivoraol March 30, 2010

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "it is very effective!"

Anonymous March 18, 2010

For : "This medication helps the break out a lot, makes it smaller, less noticeable. One thing I have noticed though, is when the first lesion is on it's scabbing stage, I get little, tiny, blisters, around, or near the first site. Feels like I am starting to get more cold sores. They never seem to go deep or actually scab-up. But still it's annoying when you think your cold sore is going away, then you start feeling more tingles. Just my feedback."

Anonymous December 15, 2009

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "Great treatment!"

Anonymous November 22, 2009

For Cold Sores: "It is well worth the cost, decreases out break time and reduces pain and embarrassment."

12JULIE October 14, 2009

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "When I feel a cold sore coming on (tingle) I rub it on and it stops the outbreak. Only thing is it tastes horrible; sometimes it's hard not to rub your lips around the mouth without getting some in."

Anonymous December 10, 2008

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for : "second bout with shingles--this time treated with zovirax--relief within a few days"

Anonymous March 29, 2008