User Reviews for Mucomyst

Learn more about Mucomyst.

Acetaminophen Overdose 0 reviews 8 medications

Expectoration 2 reviews 152 medications

Diagnostic Bronchograms 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Mucomyst reviews 2 reviews 10.0

Reviews for Mucomyst

Review by TLD - California (taken for less than 1 month):

For Expectoration: I had severe bronchitis from a sinus infection while traveling. It was causing me severe pulmonary distress. I was taking my rescue inhaler every 2 hours. The doctor in Hungary prescribed acetylcysteine, to help clear the lungs. My lungs cleared in days. What a difference! The only side effect I had was dripping from my nose. It liquified the mucus there too. Usually back home in the US they prescribe steroids (prednisone) and albuterol nebulizer treatments for weeks while the coughing clears. No more for me.

May 8, 2013 2:02 PM

Review by allmymarbles:

For Expectoration: I started using acetylcysteine last May. For the first time in 20 years my lungs were clear. My bronchitis disappeared. My FEV1 increased 25 per cent. My sinus condition cleared up and the headaches were gone. I do not understand why this medicine is not used routinely for COPD and other respiratory ailments.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2011 10:17 AM