User Reviews for Mucomyst

Learn more about Mucomyst.

Acetaminophen Overdose 0 reviews 8 medications

Expectoration 3 reviews 168 medications

Diagnostic Bronchograms 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Mucomyst reviews 3 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Mucomyst

For Expectoration "As a heathcare professional having given Mucomyst to patients over more than 30 year career, I've yet to observe any benefit from the aerosolization of this med. I don't want to minimize the previous comments. Used during a bronchoscopy in liquid wash, it will dissolve thick mucus quickly and effectively but the benefit of aerosolization has not been demonstrated or established in any controlled study. Also, after more than 24 hours of use, the lung tissue will begin to "weep," this is a very caustic substance to lung. Too often it's order for a specific problem area of the lung. As the laws of nature take effect in that gas follows the path of least resistance, Mucomyst is delivered to all areas of lung with minimal effect to the problem."

Anonymous June 14, 2015

For Expectoration "I had severe bronchitis from a sinus infection while traveling. It was causing me severe pulmonary distress. I was taking my rescue inhaler every 2 hours. The doctor in Hungary prescribed acetylcysteine, to help clear the lungs. My lungs cleared in days. What a difference! The only side effect I had was dripping from my nose. It liquified the mucus there too. Usually back home in the US they prescribe steroids (prednisone) and albuterol nebulizer treatments for weeks while the coughing clears. No more for me."

TLD - California (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2013

For Expectoration "I started using acetylcysteine last May. For the first time in 20 years my lungs were clear. My bronchitis disappeared. My FEV1 increased 25 per cent. My sinus condition cleared up and the headaches were gone. I do not understand why this medicine is not used routinely for COPD and other respiratory ailments."

allmymarbles November 19, 2011

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate