User Reviews for Darvocet-N 100

Learn more about Darvocet-N 100.

Darvocet-N 100 review summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1833 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Darvocet-N 100 to treat Pain

Review by stormync1 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

This was the only pain medication that took the pain AWAY. No side effects.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 21, 2013 7:42 PM

Review by Sun Baby:

This is the ONLY pain killer I can take due to Epilepsy as other pain killers cause allergic reactions or intolerance. Having been on Darvocet or its generic formula; even in spite of the anti-epileptic medications in addition to the medical conditions including MVP (cardiac) which would put this medication on the "shelf" exceptionally quick. Suffered no side effects or seizures at all. Therefore must also add having had this prescribed for minor to major injuries to sprains or strains. All my medications are carefully organized, whenever Darvocet is used, a schedule is configured out as not to rock the boat. Must add that Physicians trusts me with this where titration I can do myself from half to quartering and off.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2012 1:29 AM

ONLY pain medicine that I could/can take that does not have side effects. I am sick it is no longer on the market.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2012 7:37 PM

This was the ONLY painkiller that worked on my neck. There is nothing like it. Thanks a lot.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2011 3:40 AM

I used it for years as an intervention medicine to break cyclical migraines. I only needed it a couple of times a month, but when I needed it, nothing else worked. I'm currently nonfunctional without it, as I am either allergic or non responsive to other medications.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2011 11:26 PM

The only pain medicine to provide relief for chronic leg pain without side effects.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2011 1:44 PM

Review by cjreese:

I use to take Darvocet. It is the only medicine I could take at night time, without upsetting my stomach and breathing problems.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 5, 2011 8:43 AM

I have been on and off this drug in some form for over 40 years. I have had no problems of any kind. I am taking generic Butalbital Comp-Codeine #3. I can barely tell I have taken anything, my pain is still so bad. I have never gotten as good a result with their products.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2011 12:09 PM

Review by rheumatoid new shut in:

I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 40 years. I got it at age 4. This medication has now been taken off the market and I am finding my world getting very small. I have taken it for the past 12 years, no heart problems at all. My doctor has given me Vicodin and I'm a mess. Darvocet let me control pain by how much needed on good or bad days without the side effects of these other medicines. I can't believe there is no other medicine on the market that works the way this one does, allowing me to live a more normal life. Why couldn't they have allowed long time users to continue.

December 19, 2010 10:27 PM

Review by cnurse:

I have been given Darvocet N100 for years, to treat different pain situations. I was started on a 4/day regime, since being diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia 6yrs ago. Darvocet has allowed me to deal with the daily pain, and inability to perform activities of daily living. Other medicines have severe side effects for me, and even though the Darvocet does not completely take away the pain, it diminishes the raw nagging pain, so that I can move around. Now that it has been pulled from the market, I see a backslide into the previous state where all I could do is lay in bed or on the couch. Other medicines just don't do it for me. I never had any side effects with the Darvocet, and it did not bother my stomach.

December 16, 2010 10:40 PM

Review by Timsdesk:

Plate in my neck. Bulging disc L-4 and L-5. Not as good at relieving pain as Vicodin but helps me cope without having another surgery.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 30, 2010 9:05 PM

Review by JMcLC:

I have a herniated disc and a bulging disc. I've taken Darvocet for over a year. I can't take Vicodin - it makes me throw up constantly. I have no problems with the Darvocet. Some days I take none, some days up to three. I have no problem not taking it (no addiction). It does not work for my migraines. I take Midrin for those, but they are rare. I am able to function perfectly at work taking Darvocet, and if it weren't for the Darvocet, I might not be able to work full time.

May 21, 2010 1:13 AM

This is okay if you have a minor headache but it's very weak. I had a Hematoma when I was pregnant and they would only give this to me and it still didn't get rid of the pain and that was PAINFUL. Thought I was having a miscarriage when it first came on. I would definitely not recommend this for anything other than headaches.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2009 6:38 PM

Review by bifaerie79:

I have taken this for headaches, tooth pain, and back pain. I get severe headaches and horrendous stomach aches and acid reflux from this.

December 3, 2009 9:29 PM

Review by charlescity:

I had teeth pulled. Darvocet given for pain/ Darvocet made me very depressed. I would cry for no reason. I had a Military boss that told me not to take medicine. I called Doctor and stopped the medicine. I no longer had these side effects.

November 10, 2009 12:00 PM

I just had surgery to correct a deviated septum yesterday and have found that Darvocet does help with the pain however it only lasts about two and a half hours meaning I am only able to sleep for a few hours at a time. I get terribly ill to my stomach with codeine and Vicodin and have not experienced this with the Darvocet which is a huge plus.

October 16, 2009 6:40 AM

Review by rhollusstar:

This medicine helps me with migraines, but it is grossly inferior to hydrocodone or oxycodone preparations. It can help if used in combination with a medication such as Soma if suffering from back pain, especially disc problems.

October 5, 2009 9:57 PM

Review by painful life:

I broke my back when I was 16 and have had a total of 26 surgeries in my life. Have taken Darvocet for 46 yrs now and it has saved the day.

September 29, 2009 2:32 PM

I find that it is effective in controlling my migraines, however, the stomach upset from this medication is sometimes worse than the headache.

September 13, 2009 9:00 PM

Darvocet is a good pain reliever with just enough narcotic to make it effective. But trust me, it can become addictive like anything else. I just went through withdrawal symptoms yesterday and part of today and didn't know what was going on until I looked this up on the computer and then took some to relieve the symptoms. But I believe all in all it's a safer alternative than other narcotics.

August 14, 2009 11:47 AM

Review by aussiechick:

Darvocet and Vicodin make me really sick and dizzy but if I start out taking 1/2 of a Darvocet and up the dose as needed and as handled, then I can use Vicodin if the pain is that bad, and I won't get sick. Sometimes I also take a Reglan at the same time, which usually cures the nausea for me.

August 10, 2009 10:47 PM

Review by Meeshie:

I have been taking Darvocet for a while now. I take it for cramps, my horrible migraines, and now my horrible herniated disc which is pressing on my nerves and giving me terrible pain in my legs. I can't sleep without taking it and find it truly helpful to get me through the day. This back pain is the worst and I'm just happy I have something to help. I can't imagine having to go on without it and be in this much pain.

June 24, 2009 4:28 PM

I just got my wisdom teeth out and I'm allergic to codeine, so the doctor gave me Darvocet. It doesn't make me sleepy, but I am dizzy and find complex problem-solving difficult. It helps ease some of the sharp pains in my jaw, but I still have a dull, throbbing pain that keeps me from sleeping. If only Vicodin didn't make me vomit.

June 23, 2009 12:59 AM

Review by Kathyrex:

My 91 year old aunt was extremely hyper and hallucinated, after just 1 dose. She was up every 10-15 minutes and didn't sleep for about 40 hours. She had 5 broken ribs and didn't feel any pain while on the pills, but was in more pain after wards because of all the activity (bending, stooping and trying to lift things).

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2009 4:55 PM

Review by spudboy:

Works well for old (18 years ago) injury. Takes care of the dull, thumping shoulder pain. Plus, it's cheap.

June 8, 2009 10:24 PM