User Reviews for Acetaminophen/propoxyphene

Also known as: Balacet, Darvocet A500, Darvocet-N 100, Darvocet-N 50, Propacet 100, Trycet, Wygesic

Learn more about Acetaminophen/propoxyphene.

Pain 75 reviews 912 medications

6.9
Osteoarthritis 1 reviews 366 medications

6.5
Summary of Acetaminophen/propoxyphene reviews 76 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Acetaminophen/propoxyphene

Review by stormync1 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: This was the only pain medication that took the pain AWAY. No side effects.

August 21, 2013 7:42 PM

Review by Sun Baby:

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: This is the ONLY pain killer I can take due to Epilepsy as other pain killers cause allergic reactions or intolerance. Having been on Darvocet or its generic formula; even in spite of the anti-epileptic medications in addition to the medical conditions including MVP (cardiac) which would put this medication on the "shelf" exceptionally quick. Suffered no side effects or seizures at all. Therefore must also add having had this prescribed for minor to major injuries to sprains or strains. All my medications are carefully organized, whenever Darvocet is used, a schedule is configured out as not to rock the boat. Must add that Physicians trusts me with this where titration I can do myself from half to quartering and off.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2012 1:29 AM

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: ONLY pain medicine that I could/can take that does not have side effects. I am sick it is no longer on the market.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2012 7:37 PM

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: This was the ONLY painkiller that worked on my neck. There is nothing like it. Thanks a lot.

December 24, 2011 3:40 AM

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: I used it for years as an intervention medicine to break cyclical migraines. I only needed it a couple of times a month, but when I needed it, nothing else worked. I'm currently nonfunctional without it, as I am either allergic or non responsive to other medications.

November 29, 2011 11:26 PM

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: The only pain medicine to provide relief for chronic leg pain without side effects.

July 28, 2011 1:44 PM

Darvocet-N 50 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for : Darvocet has been helping me with back and fibromyalgia pain for many years. I take it sparingly and only when absolutely necessary. It has minimal side effects and since I take it only at bedtime, I do not have drowsiness in the morning. I sleep well and have lessened pain for about 2 - 3 hrs in the morning. I am lost without this help. My md gave me ultram which does not help and causes dizziness in the morning. Everyone is different.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 2, 2011 8:38 PM

Review by cjreese:

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: I use to take Darvocet. It is the only medicine I could take at night time, without upsetting my stomach and breathing problems.

February 5, 2011 8:43 AM

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: I have been on and off this drug in some form for over 40 years. I have had no problems of any kind. I am taking generic Butalbital Comp-Codeine #3. I can barely tell I have taken anything, my pain is still so bad. I have never gotten as good a result with their products.

January 31, 2011 12:09 PM

Review by rheumatoid new shut in:

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 40 years. I got it at age 4. This medication has now been taken off the market and I am finding my world getting very small. I have taken it for the past 12 years, no heart problems at all. My doctor has given me Vicodin and I'm a mess. Darvocet let me control pain by how much needed on good or bad days without the side effects of these other medicines. I can't believe there is no other medicine on the market that works the way this one does, allowing me to live a more normal life. Why couldn't they have allowed long time users to continue.

December 19, 2010 10:27 PM

Review by cnurse:

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: I have been given Darvocet N100 for years, to treat different pain situations. I was started on a 4/day regime, since being diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia 6yrs ago. Darvocet has allowed me to deal with the daily pain, and inability to perform activities of daily living. Other medicines have severe side effects for me, and even though the Darvocet does not completely take away the pain, it diminishes the raw nagging pain, so that I can move around. Now that it has been pulled from the market, I see a backslide into the previous state where all I could do is lay in bed or on the couch. Other medicines just don't do it for me. I never had any side effects with the Darvocet, and it did not bother my stomach.

December 16, 2010 10:40 PM

Review by Timsdesk:

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: Plate in my neck. Bulging disc L-4 and L-5. Not as good at relieving pain as Vicodin but helps me cope without having another surgery.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 30, 2010 9:05 PM

For Osteoarthritis: It helps the pain a little but not a lot. It does make me drowsy after a while though.

October 18, 2010 2:54 AM

For Pain: For menstural pain and ovarian cyst. I agree with the doctor's post. This pain medicine is better for long term chronic pain and not acute pain. When I get these pains it is pretty sudden and this medicine isn't strong enough. No side effects.

October 11, 2010 3:07 PM

Review by JMcLC:

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: I have a herniated disc and a bulging disc. I've taken Darvocet for over a year. I can't take Vicodin - it makes me throw up constantly. I have no problems with the Darvocet. Some days I take none, some days up to three. I have no problem not taking it (no addiction). It does not work for my migraines. I take Midrin for those, but they are rare. I am able to function perfectly at work taking Darvocet, and if it weren't for the Darvocet, I might not be able to work full time.

May 21, 2010 1:13 AM

Review by Leigh615:

Darvocet-N 50 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: It helped a little with the pain, not a whole lot though.

May 13, 2010 10:41 PM

For Pain: I had this prescribed for pain after back surgery. It seemed to do nothing to relieve the pain on the day of surgery (which was outpatient.) I intended to ask for something stronger, but the next day the pain had diminished to the point where I didn't need anything.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 29, 2010 9:10 PM

Review by JudithMyers:

For Pain: Take Darvocet for my Fibromyalgia. Take it in the morning and I am pain free for the rest of the day. The only side effect I experience is constipation. Great medicine! I have been on it for 3 years. I use it in combination with Pamelor. I feel human again!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 6, 2010 11:39 AM

For Pain: I cannot STAND Vicodin, anything with codeine, etc., but recently I had to have a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) and was one of the unfortunate 10% who got the resulting "spinal tap headache." I've given birth and I swear a spinal tap headache is more excruciating. I desperately needed something for the pain, but refused stronger narcotics as they make me really sick to my stomach, so my doctor gave me Darvocet. After taking it, I felt like I just had a normal, bad headache, which given my previous condition, was a huge relief. I could actually stand up straight and walk after taking it. Though it didn't completely ease the pain, it certainly made it quite bearable.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2010 2:36 AM

Review by pokerpeg7:

For : I have been on Darvocet N-100 for about 30 years for rheumatoid arthritis. It has controlled most of the pain except when I'm in a full fledged flare up. I take it with methotrexate (which controls my arthritis) and now my insurance company has denied to pay for it. I did send a letter from my doctor and they still denied it. I know this drug works for me and they suggest I change to Percocet which they pay for and it doesn't work so guess I just endure the pain. Thanks Darvocet for the pain free years.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2010 4:23 PM

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: This is okay if you have a minor headache but it's very weak. I had a Hematoma when I was pregnant and they would only give this to me and it still didn't get rid of the pain and that was PAINFUL. Thought I was having a miscarriage when it first came on. I would definitely not recommend this for anything other than headaches.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2009 6:38 PM

Review by bifaerie79:

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: I have taken this for headaches, tooth pain, and back pain. I get severe headaches and horrendous stomach aches and acid reflux from this.

December 3, 2009 9:29 PM

Review by Anonymoosity:

For Pain: I was prescribed Darvocet (generic) for menstrual pain. I have not found relief using any other medication, and asked for an alternative to Pamprin (and Aleve) from my doctor out of desperation, because I have missed a lot of school due to menstrual issues. She prescribed Darvocet. It works very well, but only for about an hour or two. There are no side effects for me (at least, none that I can tell), and as long as I have a small snack with it, there is no stomach upset. The lower rating is simply for the short time of effectiveness. Otherwise, this isn't bad.

November 25, 2009 10:42 PM

Review by charlescity:

Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene) for Pain: I had teeth pulled. Darvocet given for pain/ Darvocet made me very depressed. I would cry for no reason. I had a Military boss that told me not to take medicine. I called Doctor and stopped the medicine. I no longer had these side effects.

November 10, 2009 12:00 PM

Review by RSaylorMD:

For Pain: As a medical doctor specializing in pain management I would highly recommend this drug for long time pain patients. But find it isn't as effective when used for the short time treatment for acute pain. It does not produce much of a high associated with other opiates which is why using it for a long period of time is ideal. Acute pain tends to be more severe then chronic pain so a stronger pain killer is usually recommended.

November 8, 2009 5:54 AM